Do you think DBD will get to 1, 000, 000 active players on all platforms or atleast close to 1 mill

Do you think this will happen someday?

Personal opinion.

Comments

  • The game has sold 20-something million copies, so that's probably already happened

  • I guess it depends on your definition of active. But yeah, as far as I know, the game is growing. Jason is arguably the biggest horror icon. So, it wouldn't surprise me to have a lot of returning and new players inflate the playerbase if and when he comes.

  • @grayon444 said:

    Do you think this will happen someday?

    Personal opinion.

    More than 1 million people downloaded dbd mobile within 48 hours of its release and has sold over 25 million copies of the game across all platforms https://www.polygon.com/2020/8/13/21367818/dead-by-daylight-cross-platform-console-play-xbox-one-nintendo-switch-ps4-matchmaking-friends-list

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    The game has sold 20-something million copies, so that's probably already happened

    No im talking active players.The sales are throughtout the years i think.

    For example 1 million players are playing the game right now.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    I guess it depends on your definition of active. But yeah, as far as I know, the game is growing. Jason is arguably the biggest horror icon. So, it wouldn't surprise me to have a lot of returning and new players inflate the playerbase if and when he comes.

    I know.DBD is gonna be even more big than it already is when Jason arrives.And thats not a matter of ''if'' but ''when''.

  • I'm pretty sure they already have 1 million active users across all platforms. It isn't that hard to believe: steam, ms store, ps, xbox, switch and mobile.

  • I doubt there's many games at all with one million concurrent players.

    For example, I believe Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is the most selling game of all time on the Steam platform, and the peak for that game was 1.3M concurrent players two years ago (current is just shy of 600K).

    In comparison, Dead by Daylight's all time peak is 105,093 players (during the Resident Evil Chapter release no less), and current is 40,000. Now this is just Steam's numbers of course, but somehow I doubt PlayStation, Xbox, Switch and Stadia can make up another 960,000 players to hit that one million mark.

    For what it is worth, DBD is indeed #10 on Xbox's most concurrent players list and #15 on PlayStation's (as of May 2021), so there's probably at least a decently sized playerbase there.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    I doubt there's many games at all with one million concurrent players.

    For example, I believe Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is the most selling game of all time on the Steam platform, and the peak for that game was 1.3M concurrent players two years ago (current is just shy of 600K).

    In comparison, Dead by Daylight's all time peak is 105,093 players (during the Resident Evil Chapter release no less), and current is 40,000. Now this is just Steam's numbers of course, but somehow I doubt PlayStation, Xbox, Switch and Stadia can make up another 960,000 players to hit that one million mark.

    For what it is worth, DBD is indeed #10 on Xbox's most concurrent players list and #15 on PlayStation's (as of May 2021), so there's probably at least a decently sized playerbase there.

    It actually hit a 105, 093 peak at 5th anniversary launch not RE chapter.

  • Playing all at once? Not likely no, but it definitely has over a million players who hop on and play at different times.

  • Never. They value babies too much and hide too much information. To get at your numbers they need to make game more or less fair for both sides. Improve mechanics so game become Skill vs Skill and not perks vs killers not to mention swf and map design problem. Reveal player statistics so each player can see how he is performing and figure out where he is good and where needs more practice.

    Something like:

    • Your MMR as killer/survivor- X
    • Games played as killer overall - X
    • Games played as Clown (and for any other killer too) - X
    • Games played as survivor - X
    • Game length - X
    • Successful escapes - X
    • Kills made- X
    • Average.....

    Statistics about everything.

    Fix multiple lag issues, and balance killers so there won't be useless or underperforming ones.... It will be huge wall of text that needs to be improved and why.

    Look at those 1m+ player base games. When u play them it doesn't feel like game is unbalanced or has some issues, it doesn't feel like u lack any kind of information. Like if i launch LoL and play a game, i can check anything i want about any player i want any time. And even if i have some concerns i have a replay to watch how other player performed.

  • @grayon444 said:

    Do you think this will happen someday?

    Personal opinion.

    Do you mean - will DbD grow further?

    I think the problem is, right now, a stale 'genrush vs. 1 or 2 high tier killers with specific perks' meta, and a general feeling of helplessness from killer mains - particularly due to SWF. The killers should really be a big draw, but I know that when I started - it did not make a positive impression. I'd love to know how many new players join, wanting to play their favorite killer and quickly realize that, unlike other asymmetric PvP games, the 'solo' role is not the 'power' role - and end up leaving.

    It also has one of the most notoriously toxic communities online, outside of MOBAs.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/285051/do-you-think-dbd-will-get-to-1-000-000-active-players-on-all-platforms-or-atleast-close-to-1-mill

    Do you mean - will DbD grow further?

    I think the problem is, right now, a stale 'genrush vs. 1 or 2 high tier killers with specific perks' meta, and a general feeling of helplessness from killer mains - particularly due to SWF. The killers should really be a big draw, but I know that when I started - it did not make a positive impression. I'd love to know how many new players join, wanting to play their favorite killer and quickly realize that, unlike other asymmetric PvP games, the 'solo' role is not the 'power' role - and end up leaving.

    It also has one of the most notoriously toxic communities online, outside of MOBAs.

    Every video game has toxic community, here we have very soft punishments. Most time problem is just ignored.

  • @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2538567#Comment_2538567

    Every video game has toxic community, here we have very soft punishments. Most time problem is just ignored.

    Every game has some toxicity. But DbD is something...special in this regard. It comes from a near total lack of visible moderation and a meta that all but forces killers to engage in scummy tactics (camping, slugging, tunneling) to win.

    The only modern games I can think of with a more poisonous community are Smite, Eve Online and CoD. Even LoL and DOTA 2 aren't quite as bad.

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    The game has sold 20-something million copies, so that's probably already happened

    How much of those are bots/throwaway accounts though with all these hackers. And then you have to add up households buying multiple copies for different platforms since no cross progression between some. The game is like 6$ most of the time if not 15$ so it's very easy for cheaters to keep creating new accounts

  • I think it's all but inevitable.

  • @fsdfsdgsgdsgsdg83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2538519#Comment_2538519

    How much of those are bots/throwaway accounts though with all these hackers. And then you have to add up households buying multiple copies for different platforms since no cross progression between some. The game is like 6$ most of the time if not 15$ so it's very easy for cheaters to keep creating new accounts

    There are very few bots on this game because there's not much to gain. There's no trading or items to farm for the steam market.


    The average player has 1, maybe 2 copies if they have both a console and a PC. I don't know anyone who would bother to buy it on every platform because there's no cross-progression and it would take forever to get what you want.

  • @grayon444 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2538545#Comment_2538545

    It actually hit a 105, 093 peak at 5th anniversary launch not RE chapter.

    That's just on PC alone, which you must remember is the least popular platform.

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2538612#Comment_2538612

    There are very few bots on this game because there's not much to gain. There's no trading or items to farm for the steam market.

    The average player has 1, maybe 2 copies if they have both a console and a PC. I don't know anyone who would bother to buy it on every platform because there's no cross-progression and it would take forever to get what you want.

    Where's your data behind all this btw? I have DBD on every platform because like I said...6$ ez

  • @fsdfsdgsgdsgsdg83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2538639#Comment_2538639

    Where's your data behind all this btw? I have DBD on every platform because like I said...6$ ez

    As you said.How can you know that bots buy this game when they get nothing out of it?

  • @grayon444 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2538645#Comment_2538645

    As you said.How can you know that bots buy this game when they get nothing out of it?

    I asked a question in regards to how many of those, still waiting on that data

  • @fsdfsdgsgdsgsdg83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2538639#Comment_2538639

    Where's your data behind all this btw? I have DBD on every platform because like I said...6$ ez

    Where's your data?

  • @fsdfsdgsgdsgsdg83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2538648#Comment_2538648

    I asked a question in regards to how many of those, still waiting on that data

    But how do you know that bots are buying the game?

    You said that bots buy this game.Why would they do that?

  • @grayon444 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2538651#Comment_2538651

    But how do you know that bots are buying the game?

    You said that bots buy this game.Why would they do that?

    You've never seen a auto-spamming M1 killer afk sitting before obviously......your total game time played is showing

  • @fsdfsdgsgdsgsdg83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2538654#Comment_2538654

    You've never seen a auto-spamming M1 killer afk sitting before obviously......your total game time played is showing

    Yeah that was back in 2016.Can you provide data that those bots are buying the game now?

    You nag the other guy about data but you cant give one yourself lol.

  • @fsdfsdgsgdsgsdg83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2538654#Comment_2538654

    You've never seen a auto-spamming M1 killer afk sitting before obviously......your total game time played is showing

    Those are people with a script on PC, the least popular platform. Very few people obtain this game through those networks because it's not a thing on console.

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2538669#Comment_2538669

    Those are people with a script on PC, the least popular platform. Very few people obtain this game through those networks because it's not a thing on console.

    PC, the least popular platform.

    Source? As far as I know, PC is the biggest platform, since it's where the game originally launched, keeping in mind that "console" is not one platform.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2538679#Comment_2538679

    PC, the least popular platform.

    Source? As far as I know, PC is the biggest platform, since it's where the game originally launched, keeping in mind that "console" is not one platform.

    They don't show the numbers for console, but from what I've deduced:


    • Steam DBD has about 30k-50k people on any given day.
    • DBD costs next to nothing on console because it's always in bundles & sales on Xbox game pass.
    • Xbox live is a vastly more popular service in general and the frequency of PC players goes up only when your MMR gets high.
    • I introduced 3 new PC players recently and the vast majority of people they get matched with are on console.


  • @grayon444 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2538669#Comment_2538669

    Yeah that was back in 2016.Can you provide data that those bots are buying the game now?

    You nag the other guy about data but you cant give one yourself lol.

    They are still ingame, i'm asking for data because they are claiming it's not bots, i'm not the one that has to provide the data here and pulling %/#'s out of my butt

  • @fsdfsdgsgdsgsdg83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2538678#Comment_2538678

    They are still ingame, i'm asking for data because they are claiming it's not bots, i'm not the one that has to provide the data here and pulling %/#'s out of my butt

    We must be playing 2 different games then because i have not seen a single m1 spamming killer since december of 2016.

    And a lot of those ''bots'' were real people who pretended they were bots and lured survivors to come close to them. Because survivors will not let free BP go to waste. They wait until last gen pops and smack the first person near them with noed and face camp them until they die.

  • @grayon444 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2538761#Comment_2538761

    We must be playing 2 different games then because i have not seen a single m1 spamming killer since december of 2016.

    And a lot of those ''bots'' were real people who pretended they were bots and lured survivors to come close to them. Because survivors will not let free BP go to waste. They wait until last gen pops and smack the first person near them with noed and face camp them until they die.

    We probably also get different map RNG and different team mates that doesn't void out bots, still w8ing on data

  • @fsdfsdgsgdsgsdg83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2538767#Comment_2538767

    We probably also get different map RNG and different team mates that doesn't void out bots, still w8ing on data

    Im waiting for your data as well.Show me that real bots actually buy this game.

    Ill wait.