Has anyone even played Spirit on the PTB?

I maybe played like 30 survivor matches on the PTB in hopes I get Spirit. Haven’t gotten her once. It’s so aggravating because I see people playing killers that aren’t getting any changes like Pyramid Head, Legion, and Trickster. If you’re going to play those killers, go to live servers. I just want Spirit once before I go back to live. Is that too much to ask for?

Comments

  • People aren't interested in killer that is about to be gutted, they just want to look at new content.

  • I played her for quite a few matches to experiment with the new addons. People are probably playing other killers to test out the new perk changes, I know I played a bunch of matches of Third Seal + Blood Favor Legion.

  • @CookieBaws said:

    People aren't interested in killer that is about to be gutted, they just want to look at new content.

    She’s not gutted. I really don’t understand why people keep saying that. Just practice her and you’ll do fine.

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    I played her for quite a few matches to experiment with the new addons. People are probably playing other killers to test out the new perk changes, I know I played a bunch of matches of Third Seal + Blood Favor Legion.

    Oh I didn’t think about the perk changes. Maybe that’s why some people played Trickster because of Blood Favor.

  • I played Spirit on PTB in custom games with friends.

    I can say that she is still very strong.

    Survivors side she has more counterplay, you can hear where she is but she is still very fast.

    She will stay top tier but survivors have more informations now.

  • @Anara said:

    I played Spirit on PTB in custom games with friends.

    I can say that she is still very strong.

    Survivors side she has more counterplay, you can hear where she is but she is still very fast.

    She will stay top tier but survivors have more informations now.

    Yeah I agree, which I’m grateful for.

  • I played her once, then played a lot of pig and myers

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I played her once, then played a lot of pig and myers

    Rip Burger King Myers :(

  • Yes twice.

    You can hear where she's coming from, but she's fast as ######### and still strong.


    Especially when you're a streamer with stretched res and brightness filters. (No, I'm not still salty about that. Why would you even suggest that/jk)


    Sidenote, but the purple add-on that gives her killer instinct when she's within 4m of a survivor while she's phasing seems ridiculously strong.

  • I played Trapper alot, this is the best update

    image.png


  • @HighwayCatalyst said:

    Yes twice.

    You can hear where she's coming from, but she's fast as ######### and still strong.

    Especially when you're a streamer with stretched res and brightness filters. (No, I'm not still salty about that. Why would you even suggest that/jk)

    Sidenote, but the purple add-on that gives her killer instinct when she's within 4m of a survivor while she's phasing seems ridiculously strong.

    Yeah the Dried Cherry Blossom. I don’t think so because the downside of not seeing scratch marks at all is a good enough downside to warrant it. It kind of forces you to play in a way where you don’t phase out of LoS. Also the directional phasing sound makes that scratch mark downside even more of a convenience.

    The only add on that really needs a nerf on her is MD Ring. I know it does have the downside of not seeing scratch marks but you go ridiculously fast and it combos too well with other add ons. I’m probably not going to use that add on at all still because it’s still too strong.

  • I did not play her, since I don't find her fun to play as. But I played vs. her quite a number of times in the PTB. Overall she was actually fun to face shockingly. But it felt more fair since I could hear when she was when phasing, so I could kind of tell where she was for the most part.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    I did not play her, since I don't find her fun to play as. But I played vs. her quite a number of times in the PTB. Overall she was actually fun to face shockingly. But it felt more fair since I could hear when she was when phasing, so I could kind of tell where she was for the most part.

    Lucky. The game hates me and won’t give me her.

  • @GannTM said:

    I maybe played like 30 survivor matches on the PTB in hopes I get Spirit. Haven’t gotten her once. It’s so aggravating because I see people playing killers that aren’t getting any changes like Pyramid Head, Legion, and Trickster. If you’re going to play those killers, go to live servers. I just want Spirit once before I go back to live. Is that too much to ask for?

    first day there were many spirits, then people realized she is just trash after the changes and there is no reason to test her anymore

  • @PleassBuiltInNoed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/284905/has-anyone-even-played-spirit-on-the-ptb

    first day there were many spirits, then people realized she is just trash after the changes and there is no reason to test her anymore

    Alright I’m getting tired of people calling her gutted. She really isn’t if you’re good with her.

  • Wanna play against Spirit? play live. I play solo survivor on the regular game and I’ve gotten 7 spirits in a row. People really like to use killers without counterplays.

  • @Sumnox said:

    Wanna play against Spirit? play live. I play solo survivor on the regular game and I’ve gotten 7 spirits in a row. People really like to use killers without counterplays.

    I get you’re frustrations lol. I may love her but she isn’t fun to face right now on live. It’s all good though, we don’t have too much longer to wait.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2537384#Comment_2537384

    Alright I’m getting tired of people calling her gutted. She really isn’t if you’re good with her.

    You can say that about most killers, shes definitely alot weaker. You cannot detach to people on gens while mid chase as they hear your direction unlike before. Sure small loops shes just as strong but then those loops wasnt the most impactful.

    Is she gutted? No, she will still beat weak survivors pretty easy, but those are weak survivors.

    Is she weaker? Yes, shes lost the detaching and power and stronger more safe loops.

    I just dont think it should of been directional but a sound queue when she enters/exits phase and remove her fast and long duration addons.

    Then again I never massively complained about versing her.

    Screw trapper, yawn

  • @GannTM said:

    I maybe played like 30 survivor matches on the PTB in hopes I get Spirit. Haven’t gotten her once. It’s so aggravating because I see people playing killers that aren’t getting any changes like Pyramid Head, Legion, and Trickster. If you’re going to play those killers, go to live servers. I just want Spirit once before I go back to live. Is that too much to ask for?

    lucky you last night i had spirit matathon on my games

  • Can we trade games please?

  • sure, i have nothing agains that

    and to anwser your question the changes that sprit got dont make her gutted like many people try to make it out to be couse they lost cheap mindgame.

    direct phasing sound give survivors a bit of counterplay, now you dont feel like its flipping a coin

    she is still strong, and can handle the loops well

  • @Mistikus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2537630#Comment_2537630

    sure, i have nothing agains that

    and to anwser your question the changes that sprit got dont make her gutted like many people try to make it out to be couse they lost cheap mindgame.

    direct phasing sound give survivors a bit of counterplay, now you dont feel like its flipping a coin

    she is still strong, and can handle the loops well

    Thank you! Glad there’s other people that do agree she’ll be fine.

  • I highly doubt spirit will be able to compete with high mmr players tbh. She will probably end up in A or B tier imo. The dust kicking might bury her but gladly it won't come out as soon. Most of her add ons got gutted and I don't expect any buffs soon. We will see. No one takes the ptb seriously. But I see her being played as much as Billy now.

  • dust kicking might not even came out, if i remember correctly they will monitor sprit after midchapter to see if the dust is needed

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2537384#Comment_2537384

    Alright I’m getting tired of people calling her gutted. She really isn’t if you’re good with her.

    My favorite way to play spirit was switching targets within terror radius and going for gen grabs. Can I still do that?

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2537398#Comment_2537398

    My favorite way to play spirit was switching targets within terror radius and going for gen grabs. Can I still do that?

    Yeah you probably can but it will require the survivors to not be attentive. You’ll have to be pretty close to that gen to do it. I was able to do it once on the PTB.

  • I played her and I barely noticed a difference between her effectiveness on live vs ptb. Her new addons are really fun especially the ones that refill your power when you get stunned or break a pallet. Overall well she's probably worse it's not particularly noticeable and the new addons more than make up for that in pure dumb fun.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2537872#Comment_2537872

    Yeah you probably can but it will require the survivors to not be attentive. You’ll have to be pretty close to that gen to do it. I was able to do it once on the PTB.

    i mean, if it only works on bad survivors, that's not exactly encouraging. the previous audio bug months ago made it pretty easy to loop her and this seems far more precise and constant. i think her weakness will really show when this hits live vs medium-high skill survivors

  • @CookieBaws said:

    People aren't interested in killer that is about to be gutted, they just want to look at new content.

    She wasnt gutted.