Ultimate Boon Totem Counter Build

In case the devs go through with these stupidly unbalanced perks, I've come up with a solid build to deal with them. I'll definitely be running this build day 1 if they don't make any major changes. Who's with me? :D

image.png


Comments

  • I don't know why I would sabotage my teammates perks

  • Nice team sabotage. You're definitely gonna get left on the hook by your team.

  • Your supposed to be working with the other survivors not against them

  • @thefallenloser said:

    Nice team sabotage. You're definitely gonna get left on the hook by your team.

    As if they don't already do that lmao

  • I'm not changing my build but I'll be cleansing any dull/hex totems I see like I always do. I'm not changing my play style because someone might be running a boon totem, increased healing speed in a corner isn't going to help me if I'm instadowned by NOED.

  • ...

    Wait a minute, as of when did Nea officially become a Killer?!

  • Nooooooo I have to be able to use my incredibly situation specific self care!

  • Or play thrill of the hunt and laugh how survivors give you free pop goes the weasels over and over again

  • @Heartbound said:

    Nooooooo I have to be able to use my incredibly situation specific self care!

    Situational, because totems are so difficult to find?

    Bad survivors rush themselves into a nasty 3 gen? Just light up a survivor hex on the cleared side of the map! The killer can't leave to snuff it out and even if they do you can just put it back. Killer can't commit to a chase without losing the last gen and can't build any pressure by injuring multiple survivors.

    Oh and survivors see the aura just in case you thought of actually requiring effort to get value from a broken perk.

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2530681#Comment_2530681

    Situational, because totems are so difficult to find?

    Bad survivors rush themselves into a nasty 3 gen? Just light up a survivor hex on the cleared side of the map! The killer can't leave to snuff it out and even if they do you can just put it back. Killer can't commit to a chase without losing the last gen and can't build any pressure by injuring multiple survivors.

    Oh and survivors see the aura just in case you thought of actually requiring effort to get value from a broken perk.

    That does sound kind of nice. My thing is these boons have to be powerful because otherwise, why run it? The boon totem perks are competing against a metric ton of competition for perk space.

    It shouldn't be that big of a deal if Meg breaks the totem you were going to use for a boon though. If someone's devoted to boon totems they're going to run Small Game, Shadowstep and Heal Boon. I doubt people are going to do that.

    Edit: The killer is going to figure out where everyone keeps running to and chase down the survivors past a point.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    I don't know why I would sabotage my teammates perks

    I genuinely only have base perks (and Bill perks) on my Nancy, I actually have no clue what to do as it has no synergy with boon totems. I started as a Bill one trick when I first started playing and decided it was time to get a waifu because I started kind of enjoying survivor.


    But I have been BUSY leveling all my killers. So now the build I enjoy is going to be ruined by boon totems. Feels bad man.

  • Lmao cleanse your heart out

  • Nah, I'm not going to be a dick to my teammates for something I don't even really care about all that much and once it gets nerfed it'll be back to the meta (or ambulance build in my case) only to show up once in a while. If I see a totem, I'll cleanse as I always do, if I see someone wanting to plant a boon, I'll step aside just as i do for those wanting a charge on their inner strength.

    I don't get the mentality of taking a perk set just to grief my own team but each to their own.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    I don't know why I would sabotage my teammates perks

    Because killer mains play survivor too.

  • Join us, my friend

    @DelsKibara said:

    I got an absolutely diabolical plan and I was wondering if others would want to join in on the fun. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

    We all know Boon Totems are coming up and most people will be running this perk in their builds. So I was wondering what would be the best way to play with teammates who use this build?

    Then I had a thought!

    Introducing the Nancy/Jill Totem Eater Squad!

    Here's what you can do for the first week of boon totems being out:

    • Play as Nancy/Jill (or even more dastardly, the new Survivor)
    • Bring totem hunting perks (Detective's Hunch would be good but you'd want to get to these totems before anyone else, I heavily suggest getting Small Game and Counterforce alongside Inner Strength and Bond. Bond is to help you race survivors looking for totems as well.)
    • Destroy absolutely every totem in the map. Not only to get rid of NOED or other hexes but also to leave the Boon Totem user with no totems to work with.
    • In the end game chat, once you've finished stealing every totem in the map. Tell them you had a challenge to do.
    • Repeat.

    Remember to have fun.

    Your fun. ;)

    I'll be cleansing totems myself for the first week of release ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

  • @bm33 said:

    I'm not changing my build but I'll be cleansing any dull/hex totems I see like I always do. I'm not changing my play style because someone might be running a boon totem, increased healing speed in a corner isn't going to help me if I'm instadowned by NOED.

    Exept if every totem is a boon you cant get hit by noed so cleanse 1 and get 4 insta heal around the map

  • @botrax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2530440#Comment_2530440

    Exept if every totem is a boon you cant get hit by noed so cleanse 1 and get 4 insta heal around the map

    Does NOED not activate the second you... um... Dispell the boon totem? Or do you need to time it to make sure one totem is free before the last gen pops?

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2530938#Comment_2530938

    Does NOED not activate the second you... um... Dispell the boon totem? Or do you need to time it to make sure one totem is free before the last gen pops?

    No. If by time NOED should activate and no dull totems are up, it's a dead perk.

  • if I see someone with a map and cleasing a totem I'm tryna bless I'm sorry but you're getting the worst sandbag of your life

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    if I see someone with a map and cleasing a totem I'm tryna bless I'm sorry but you're getting the worst sandbag of your life

    Challenge accepted.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    if I see someone with a map and cleasing a totem I'm tryna bless I'm sorry but you're getting the worst sandbag of your life

    I am a slippery meat gamer, your threats do not scare me!

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2530938#Comment_2530938

    Does NOED not activate the second you... um... Dispell the boon totem? Or do you need to time it to make sure one totem is free before the last gen pops?

    If you snuff a a blessed totem or kill the survivor that blessed totem (which will automatically snuff it) before the last gen pops it will be a dull totem when doors are powered and will become NOED.

  • @botrax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2530440#Comment_2530440

    Exept if every totem is a boon you cant get hit by noed so cleanse 1 and get 4 insta heal around the map

    How would there be 4? I'm not changing up my load out for boon totems. My swf teammate has no plans to change up their load out for boon totems. Then it's relying on the other 2 teammates to maybe be running them - which I don't see happening because what perks in meta loadout will survivors be willing to give up for boon totems in live game?

    Then there's the killers ability to either snuff out the boon totems or kill the survivors before the last gen finishes which would return the totem back to dull and allow NOED to activate. I'd rather not run into NOED at end.

  • Wait these aren't killer perks