RIP Slinger

It was nice whilst it lasted Mr. YeeHaw.

Who’s next?

Comments

  • @NekoTorvic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523645#Comment_2523645

    This genuinely annoys me at this point. Can we please stop babying survivors for a change?

    I hadn't even seen the thing about his TR when I wrote this btw....

    Like holy #########, survivors:

    -Can't be expected to make a read, the killer must telegraph everything they're gonna do because the killer is supposed to be a human controlled NPC at this point.

    -Survivors don't have to use their eyes, or pay attention to where the killer is because they killed his stealth. God forbid they have to look at the game instead of the youtube video on their other monitor, or at chat if they're a streamer.

    -Survivors have the objective that consists of "HOLD M1 ON A THING FOR A BIT"...in fact most of the ######### survivors do in gameplay is "HOLD M1 ON A NON RESISTING ENTITY"...

    BHVR, just get bots at this point...

    I said the same thing in another thread. They’re making it increasingly difficult with each update to actually enjoy playing killer. I don’t see the point of them allowing us to play that role. I really hope that the upcoming game VHS is good as I need to be able to leave this ######### show behind.

  • Is VHS coming to console?

  • @Veinslay said:

    Is VHS coming to console?

    It is, but at a later date.

  • Let's face it:

    The changes to Slinger are there to satisfy the people who keep crying bloody murder because there was one (1) killer out of now 25 who cut chases short. And we can't have that, as chases are THE ONLY FUN THING in the game.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    Let's face it:

    The changes to Slinger are there to satisfy the people who keep crying bloody murder because there was one (1) killer out of now 25 who cut chases short. And we can't have that, as chases are THE ONLY FUN THING in the game.

    Nothing but facts.

  • @Bangarang said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523913#Comment_2523913

    I said the same thing in another thread. They’re making it increasingly difficult with each update to actually enjoy playing killer. I don’t see the point of them allowing us to play that role. I really hope that the upcoming game VHS is good as I need to be able to leave this ######### show behind.

    I am very excited about VHS and I genuinely hope it succeeds.

    It's a game where survivors actually have to outplay the killer for a change. In DBD outplaying the killer is optional so long as you have enough bullshit stacked in your favor.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/282873/rip-slinger

    Stop being over dramatic. Just because you can't insta aim anymore doesn't make him any less lethal.

    Sure, Jan.

  • @NekoTorvic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523934#Comment_2523934

    I am very excited about VHS and I genuinely hope it succeeds.

    It's a game where survivors actually have to outplay the killer for a change. In DBD outplaying the killer is optional so long as you have enough bullshit stacked in your favor.

    I hope it succeeds too. I love the visual design of it as well as the gameplay. I’ll have to wait longer to play as I’m on PS5, but I don’t mind waiting for something if it turns out to be great. I’m also excited for the Evil Dead game.

  • @NekoTorvic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523934#Comment_2523934

    I am very excited about VHS and I genuinely hope it succeeds.

    It's a game where survivors actually have to outplay the killer for a change. In DBD outplaying the killer is optional so long as you have enough bullshit stacked in your favor.

    Hate to say, but any 4v1 game were the 4 can kill the 1 is going to be exploitable.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523505#Comment_2523505

    Well how would you suggest giving deathslinger reliable counter play in chase without removing quick scoping? I can't really think of anything considering that was my main issue with him.

    Get rid of the dumb mechanic where Deathslinger Reeling and Walking Backwards makes it so the Survivor on the Spear can't move. Deathslinger has plenty of counter play if the player using him doesn't know about that trick because then you can bait Slinger into firing when you're near something you can get yourself caught on and avoid getting stabbed.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523319#Comment_2523319

    He now has to aim the same way huntress does. This actually gives survivors a warning before he shoots to allow some kind of counter play. He'll play more like her now.

    Lol. Sure, except unlike Huntress he has a limited range, can lose his injure/down even with a successful shot and needs to take the time to Reel a survivor in…

    Yeah, just like Huntress sure <_<

  • @Bangarang said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524126#Comment_2524126

    I hope it succeeds too. I love the visual design of it as well as the gameplay. I’ll have to wait longer to play as I’m on PS5, but I don’t mind waiting for something if it turns out to be great. I’m also excited for the Evil Dead game.

    for multiplayers I'm genuinely just looking forward to VHS. I love the concept of DBD but I cannot deal with its bullshit anylonger, which is why i haven't played since SBMM dropped.

    Hopefully Elden Ring consumes my life whenever it comes out and it and VHS can make me forget DBD for good.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524126#Comment_2524126

    Hate to say, but any 4v1 game were the 4 can kill the 1 is going to be exploitable.

    That may be true, but from what I've seen it seems like both teams have a constant back and forth of trying to outplay each other. Ultimately we'll have to wait and see what happens whenever it comes out and people start getting good with it. But the devs wanna balance for high level and anything is better than a game like DBD where you sweat your balls off to try and outplay for players who are just chilling holding M1 on a thing instead of actually outplaying you.

  • @Bangarang said:

    It was nice whilst it lasted Mr. YeeHaw.

    Who’s next?

    Good bye Mr Quickscope, lets hope its not a see you later.

    Whos next? Lets hope The Twins.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524133#Comment_2524133

    How is it I can ADS just fine with him and somehow hit my shots. But somehow a change that forces that. Is going to gut him and make him suck ?

    Well I don’t know what survivors you’re playing against, but a Slinger playing against semi-decent survivors will easily lose and lose hard if he just keeps aiming down his sights. I’ve gone against plenty of Slingers that play this way and they landed 10% of their shots. 🥴


  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524147#Comment_2524147

    Why should that be a thing ? You already got shot and didn't juke them properly. Eat your hit

    As an alternative to the current terrible nerfs he's getting. I would 100% take it over the Devs proposed changes.

    At least the Deathslinger player can play around that by being aware of the surrounding crap the Survivor could hook themselves on. There's precious little Deathslinger can do to offset 8m more TR, a firing delay, and a punishment for lowering your gun.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524169#Comment_2524169

    Good for them ...? They should probably learn to lead you back in to their shot. Just like a good huntress.

    You asked a question. I replied. Lose the ‘tude. 😘

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524193#Comment_2524193

    I don't have one. I just find it hilarious people think losing the insta ADS will kill him.

    The terror radius change is what does NOT make sense and will hurt him more then anything.

    Most people (myself included) are complaining about everything. Not just the fact he can no longer quickscope. He’s been gutted.

  • @Bangarang said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523310#Comment_2523310

    Him being able to quickscope was one of the only good things he had going for him. Unless you’re going against survivors who never look behind them, how are you supposed to land a shot now when you have to aim down the barrel before you’re able to fire? 🤦🏻‍♂️

    I'd say the same way like huntress does

    @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523375#Comment_2523375

    Only he can't kill with the spear like she can and the hitbox is a bloody pin prick compared to a hatchet. Want to make a slinger miss? wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle.

    Want to make a huntress miss? wiggle wiggle wiggle? Most huntresses counter that by charging her hatchets to maximum flight speed, which is the default speed for the gun. And pls think about how many times it happens in your matches that a survivor is able to break free from the chains

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524169#Comment_2524169

    Good for them ...? They should probably learn to lead you back in to their shot. Just like a good huntress.

    You still have to lead your shot when you quick scope because it's not hitscan.

  • @Baby_Victor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523375#Comment_2523375

    Lol. Sure, except unlike Huntress he has a limited range, can lose his injure/down even with a successful shot and needs to take the time to Reel a survivor in…

    Yeah, just like Huntress sure <_<

    I said he had to aim to hit shots like huntress does. I didn't say he was just like her.

  • @Bangarang said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523583#Comment_2523583

    But the point still stands that you CAN get a down from across the map. I’ve seen it done and I’ve also done it myself. It doesn’t matter how reliable it is. It’s still possible. With Slinger it’s never possible as his gun only shoots so far.

    The developers have said in the past that the reason Slinger has a smaller terror radius is because of the fact survivors would know when to run away and make it hard for him to land a shot. The developers said this. They’re also the ones who have now gave him an increased terror radius. They’re useless and too influenced by the people who spam them daily on Twitter telling them to nerf things.

    Well then don't go through with the tr change and that problem will fixed

  • @some_guy1 said:

    instant ads is one of the reasons what made me main him and they're getting rid of it, his insane chase power is the only thing he has and they nerfed it for no reason at all

    The reason they nerfed his insane chase power is because its an insane chase power. Why are people upset about that? Isnt it good for the game to get rid of such extrem advantages?

    On top of that, he still will be able to connect his shots, but his annoying fakes will be history.

    I guess there are for always people who dislike a change if it is something they could rely on. Cant wait for the Key/Hatch change complains. So many tears... :(

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524239#Comment_2524239

    Yes. I'm just saying. THATS not the end of the world. The TR thing is the bad change and makes no sense

    No you were implying that quickscoping Deathslingers need to learn how to lead their shots when they were already doing so.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523355#Comment_2523355

    The reason they nerfed his insane chase power is because its an insane chase power. Why are people upset about that? Isnt it good for the game to get rid of such extrem advantages?

    On top of that, he still will be able to connect his shots, but his annoying fakes will be history.

    I guess there are for always people who dislike a change if it is something they could rely on. Cant wait for the Key/Hatch change complains. So many tears... :(

    beacause this is the only thing he has, he cant sprint across the map, he cant defend generators he cant do anything besides chasing really good

1 2 ›