Dead hard.

Please in your honest opinion...even if you are a survivor player. Do you see it as maybe too strong sometimes? I'm talking at very high level play of course.

Comments

  • No. Why is it too strong? Because it gives a second chance? How would that be too powerful unless the first chance was overtuned? But since that is not a common belief, I fail to see why so many killers can't deal with an extended chase. It is not that big of a deal.

  • i use dead hard as surv, not very often. and used against as killer.

    it's a problem if they can get to a loop or if they can continue a loop. so it's strong if you can follow up with it. otherwise your prolonging the chase a few seconds. even if your expecting it, you need to be close enough to stop it.

    i guess its situation kind of depending on location and how far away the killer is.

    if that makes any sense.

  • It's a perk that's only as good as the skill behind the survivor. It can be absolutely devastating is a skilled survivor uses it at the right time in the right area.

    I don't necessary think there's a problem with the dead hard itself, but survivors have a lot of other strong perks that when combined can downright be frustrating to deal with, especially when it's on every survivor. But at least alone I don't think any particular survivor perk is too strong.

  • It isn't even working half the time. Not stronger then other exhaustion perks in opinion and it wouldn't be if it was reliable 100%.

  • As a survivor I am willing to admit it can be too strong at times. I suggested putting the perk on a token system and let them be used a certain number of times.

    To be honest I'm hesitant to agree with killers on dead hard because I don't feel any suggestions they propose is for the better interest of the perk but to completely destroy it and make it useless.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    As a survivor I am willing to admit it can be too strong at times. I suggested putting the perk on a token system and let them be used a certain number of times.

    To be honest I'm hesitant to agree with killers on dead hard because I don't feel any suggestions they propose is for the better interest of the perk but to completely destroy it and make it useless.

    I agree. I dont think making any perk pointless is the best idea lol perks should always be fun somewhat.

  • You only realize how stronge it is when its used by a skilled player with a good connection otherwise it can often times cause more harm then good

  • I don't have a problem with it. When I play Trickster survivors will either use it to dodge my knives (which only delays their imminent death by like 1-2 seconds) or to get to a pallet — which unless it's a high loop will only give me a chance to land more knives while they're stuck in animation.

    Most of the time if I'm going for an m1 attack I assume every survivor I'm chasing carries dead hard and I'll wait it out. But if I do get caught off guard with a dead hard I'll remember which survivor it is so I know for next chase with them. So it's not that big of a problem for me.

  • @GuyFawx said:

    You only realize how stronge it is when its used by a skilled player with a good connection otherwise it can often times cause more harm then good

    But people always call it skilless. Surely the perk doesn't not scale on a curve when oh so many people ridicule people for running such an easy perk.

  • @Slaughterhouse3 said:

    Please in your honest opinion...even if you are a survivor player. Do you see it as maybe too strong sometimes? I'm talking at very high level play of course.

    I think it should be nerfed. It's a perk that guarantee you save no matter how good u are. U mess it up, u need to dodge anything - press button u auto win, especially when it comes to pallets or window vaults.

  • I don't like to call perks "too strong". But yea, I guess you can say that Dead Hard is too strong in certain situations. I just don't like the fact that Dead Hard can save you from mistakes YOU made, that you can Dead Hard over Trappers Traps, and that killers like Huntress sometimes get robbed by Dead Hard lmao

    I honestly think Dead Hard would be more tolerable if you removed the immunity frames and maybe increase the distance. But I might be wrong because that would just make "Dead Hard" for distance even stronger. But I think this change would make range killers more enjoyable.

  • I don’t see any major issues with it. From my experience it’s never felt unfair

  • Nah. People complain it extends chases or "fixes mistakes" (whatever that means lol) but I find survivors using other exhaustion perks waste my time so much more than dead hard. It's not even active until you injure them, and most of the time extends their chase by like 2 seconds coz most survivors suck... the time spent tryna catch up to the ones who sprint burst or lithe away though? So much longer than DH users

  • I think it’s only strong at windows or pallets.

  • Yes and no. I think against the older m1 killers, it can be a massive waste of time.

    Against some of the newer killers with anti-loop. It's more of a minor inconvenience.

  • I think it should be completely changed/deleted. It basically gives a 3rd health state and even affects killers when it doesnt exist, which is just dumb

  • out in the open or in the hands of an inexperienced player? probaply the weakest exhaustion perk out there.

    inside a looping setup in the hands of an experienced player? easily the strongest exhaustion perk out there.


    overall, i dont think a perk that just hands you a free 3rd healthstate with no downsides or special requirements attached to it whatsoever should exist.

    additionally, it feels incredibly cheap to get "outplayed" by this perk as a killer. thats about as enjoyable as the Killer having a button to completely negate anything the Survivor has and just hits them anyway. you know, not because the Killer played specifically well, flawless or even just a bit better than you, but because they just happened to equip this perk and pressed a button on their keyboard.

    its about the same as a Nurse just blinking on top of you, hitting you. there is nothing you could have done about it, its entirely in the hands of your opponent - and that just screams bad gamedesign to me.

  • I don't use it when I play survivor - I prefer Lithe as my exhaustion perk. I have tried all the exhaustion perks (Even Smash hit) and just find that I can leverage Lithe more to escape a chase.

    As a killer - I have no issues with DH. I don't think it is OP. I love to see survivors using FailHard. I love to bait it out at an inopportune time for survivors :)

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    No. Why is it too strong? Because it gives a second chance? How would that be too powerful unless the first chance was overtuned? But since that is not a common belief, I fail to see why so many killers can't deal with an extended chase. It is not that big of a deal.

    "I don't see why so many killers can't deal with an extended chase" Have you forgotten that there is 3 other survivors also working on gens so that extra 20 seconds makes 3 gens pop instead of potentially 2?

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    No. Why is it too strong? Because it gives a second chance? How would that be too powerful unless the first chance was overtuned? But since that is not a common belief, I fail to see why so many killers can't deal with an extended chase. It is not that big of a deal.

    Because extended chases at high level are usually game over, especially when the other 3 survivors are just as skilled as the current one they’re chasing.

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2512483#Comment_2512483

    Because extended chases at high level are usually game over, especially when the other 3 survivors are just as skilled as the current one they’re chasing.

    Of course, I was just being facetious.


    But hey, maybe their mmr data will get it nerfed, you never know.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2516101#Comment_2516101

    Of course, I was just being facetious.

    But hey, maybe their mmr data will get it nerfed, you never know.

    Oh, my mistake.

  • Yes I believe dead hard is too strong

  • I play both side about 50/50 i dont think dead hard is to strong. What i will say tho is if you think dead hard is fine then you cannot turn around and say noed is OP. They are literally the same thing, they are both very strong and take no effort to acquire.

  • Depends on your ping.

    People with trash tier ping (60+) will probably exhaust most of their survivors on the ground. My sub 20 ping allows survivors to use it on reaction instead of prediction so i get screwed out of so many hits when i beat them at a mindgame.