Is Spirit less common to see?
I think so. I wonder why (or if I am just lucky). Is it because some bug or something that is still in game? Nerf of Stridor? Idk.
I think so. I wonder why (or if I am just lucky). Is it because some bug or something that is still in game? Nerf of Stridor? Idk.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Not in my games :(
You are just lucky. I'm seeing too many of them, more than before the nerf, maybe because of SBMM.
Probably bored on playing Spirit. I'm having fun playing Trickster and Trapper lately.
She is very rare on my server like she always was. So I cant tell
Super rare and super chill killers
Gonna be real that build screams anything but chill
Hey... At least there is a cake, right? Hehe...
Jokes on you the killer was a streamer and said that WE were the tryhards and he was just chilling
Can we trade survivor games please? I hardly ever get her.
Yes you've seen the games I got
Idk how it is for others but I used to be a Spirit main, after the 4th nerf of her, which was the most dumbest nerf ever I lost my fun on that killer and I never play her again, I switched to onii chan.
I agree with the stridor nerf, I have hoped it would come earlier but no it took them almost a year to fix that, but the nerf I am talking about is where when you come out of your phasewalk the little extra boost you get, they nerfed it so hard that you barely have it now, and that makes feel spirit very clunky and unfun.
Hmm clunky and unfun.. that remembers me of something... oh ye Billy and nurse the exact same
Guess we all have to wait abit longer until they will ruin Blight and Oni, if that will happen I entirely quit dbd cuz these nerfs just destroy the killers, I understand if a Killer needs to be nerfed but not so much that the entire mechanics feel more like a hinderance then a power. Simiular to Legion right now.
I thought they already nerfed Stridor and which I'm always wrong and make no sense
I saw that one Spirit game on Coldwind and it looked fun.
Hm yes Ruin Undying Spirit when you don't have Iron Will is a very engaging experience and the win definitely didn't rely on Coldwind totem spawns being hot garbage
(which spirit game on Coldwind there were a lot)
Spirit was bugged in 5.1.0 where she couldn't hear survivors in her phase walk. This has been fixed in 5.2.0 though.
When I play survivor I rarely get Spirit. But you’re probably seeing a few more now that the sound bug got rightfully fixed.
Well from my pov both sides ran meta galore so i guess good job by the matchmaking.
I didn't say it wasn't meta, for either side. I just said it didn't seem very chill.
That build is anything but chill or fun.
Seriously what is wrong with people admiting that they are trying their best and using the most efficient tactic avaiable? It is fine but please stand by it and do not deny it.
A fun Spirit build as an example would have her two passive phasing add ons and some perks like Dragons Grip, Eruption, No way out and Rancor...
I think that some people delude themselves into thinking that they were just playing chill so that their loss feels less bad.
I mean my build was the only "tryhard" one all others had sub meta perks like plunderers, hope and spine chill. Not saying we were playing chill and all but someone with that build on spirit can't say he's just chilling. Other than that he's a fun streamer and i wish him the best
I'd play her every game were it not for the fact that at least 50% of survivors in my MMR range run Iron Will and there's no counterplay to it. One Iron Will is manageable. Three or four Iron Wills is gg if they're any good. Rework Iron Will.
I almost never see Spirit, and really don't mind when I do. Most are bad.
Well, I guess the loss still feels bad unless you change your goal in the game.
If I play Ghostface to get a 4k every game I will feel pretty bad. If I play him and say "okay I use BBQ and a win is 4 stacks, also maybe I can get a good stalk and a nice jump scare." I get a good feel 9/10 games. Made my day a whole lot better. Sure survivors escape and some have bad manners, but I am Ghostface and can t-bag right back at them.
Same for Pinhead. Sweaty play or Meta builds were no fun for me. So I went back to his 3 personal perks and added Hex: Thrill of the Hunt. Would Pop/Ruin be better than my Scourge Hooks? Sure thing. Is it more fun to have survivors who are oblivious to you and take forever to cleanse? Yes it is. Quit many survivors escape me, sure. But it is still more fun.
TLDR: I hate people who say they play chill and then bring the most meta build ever. Nothing wrong with trying your best, thats all fun and games, but please do not pretend otherwise. If tryharding is fun for you, do it...
And if you pretend to be chill just to have an excuse when you still loose...well...lets just say I will not hold them in the highest regards.
Playing chill is about playing chill. I used to chill with Ruin and NOED. I kind of outgrew the perks as I got better, but I was chilling as a beginner despite my tricked out perks. Some people think BBQ is sweaty, like, you can never win. Go for 2 hooks before kills and the survivors will still think you have a case of swamp booty.
She was bugged, some might not even know it's fixed and others might have found another killer they enjoy during that.
And part of it is probably also the usual overreaction that happens with any nerf, in this case the Stridor change. Just like when DS was changed it got less common for a while in my experience, some see a single change that can be called a nerf and declares whatever it touched to be dead and useless.
I've seen her but anytime she wins, or even comes close to winning, is because of bad survivors. I got beat by a M&A Spirit, because people kept getting themselves slugged next to the other downed people, and rescuing people from hook when they're on death hook and can't run a Spirit for more than 20 seconds. I probably had the longest chase at the end, because I actually crouched mid-phase and confused her, which clearly nobody else had been doing because they just think Iron Will is gonna carry them as it usually does.
IRON WILL.