"Survive With Friends Was Always Intended" - Louis Mclean Q&A 26th Oct 2018
So for those of you that continue to say this game was never meant to have "SWF" what are your thoughts now?
https://youtu.be/gTpZSllfMmw?t=591
Just an interesting thing from the stream today that is always usually pretty controversial, interested in what people have to say about this "cheat mode"?
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
@Master
Maybe you are just not a good killer if you get looped for 5 gens with BL3
Yeah.... that’s not good
I've never claimed I'm good, I also don't need to 4K every match to have fun - I've always said winning isn't about 4King
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/320518169?t=05m58s
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/319718948?t=12m33s
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/319718948?t=26m02s
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/319718948?t=42m52s
But there you go, my internet has been down so not been playing DBD but I guess it only took me seconds to find those - you clearly didn't look hard enough.
Again - I don't think 4King means anything + I've never said I was good....
also like to add all your clips are from months and months ago, one of them was like the week freddy came out - hilarious.
If you hear them talk about early design ideas, then you realize that balance wasn't really that important for them. They probably just wanted to create a god casual asymmetrical horror game, in which everyone can have fun. Planning SWF with KYF at the same time makes sense. Also the fact they've decided to go with KYF first also strengthens that they cared first about fun before balance. Or that they even didn't think about it in the first place that survivors might want to be chased. Etc.
We should never forget DbD is build on a different design foundation as it's now. And the Devs clearly adjusted from that, looking back at recent patches and new content they added. Balancing is quite important for them now. It's what counts now.
They are overpowered IF they tryhard. In most cases yes SWF is not a problem for me but every now and then you get that 3 and 4 man squad that knows the ins and outs of the game and unless you are a god tier nurse you stand little chance of defeating them. Now i know squads like that are more of an exception and not the rule but the fact that they have the capabilities to coordinate themselves so efficiently that the killer cant defeat them under almost all conditions should be addressed. Marths experiment proved how devastating good SWF players are when they go full sweaty try hard.
Lol
Game Developer Adds Friend Coop Mode - "Nah, comms definitely isn't intended in this friends only mode, not at all"
Not implying that it is impossible, only that there is a vast difference between coordination levels. The ability to react before any information is presented creates plays that a solo survivor would be incapable of. The biggest problem here is not a survivors actions, but the killers actions being reduced to a single focus. When this happens there is no point to switch targets as they will call it out. If they die, any end game is revealed to the team. In a game with one main mode, this one feature has created two vastly different levels of play.
Indeed
No, the game isn't built around bad killers that need their hand held.
It's built around bad survivors that need their hand held. SWF is exactly that. It boosts bad survivors to ranks they don't belong, which gives the impression that SWF isn't that strong. On the same it boosts good survivors to death squad levels.
And stop picking on @Master.
EVERY killer has been looped for 5 gens in his life. No exceptions.
Now it's harder, because they nerfed BNP, and removed infinites. But every killer has experienced this at least once.
Lol, it's no different when You, Lowbrain, Master, RSB etc all had conversations with me all the same time etc.
Also, he goes and picks some year old clips to "dispute" I play killer when he could just look a few streams back of me playing killer.
Nope.
K then.
It happened to me ONCE. During a 5 streamer match. Never using leatherdaddy again! Or no perks and add ons again! On patch 1.4 again!
So you started the game as a perfect killing machine?
Good to know!
We finally found the best killer in DbD!
Tsulan, you're probably one of the biggest complainers of mechanics on this forum - it would be an absolutely waste of anyones time to try and tell you why this game is holding killers hands at the moment, there is no end to the amount of killer buffs that are going into this game, and that's fine I have no issue with it.
What I do have an issue with is killers that are bad at the game complaining about ANYTHING.
It's long been touted on this forum that SWF wasn't meant to be in the game and it was unintentional and an after thought because people begged for it. Now that it's factually incorrect and it was always coming people are to complain even more so about SWF because "Muh game ending coms".
Instead of just writing nonsense and insult people.
Can you say the same?
lol wut? Yea dude - I always play the victim.
I like to think I'm obviously a beacon of truth, it's clearly evident on the forums who are the bad players because they're here on the forums making posts every day about how they get bullied by survivors or asking for weird buffs to anything and everything.
This is a post simply asking what people think about SWF actually being intended and not something "thrown in" for demand.
Yes because everything they say is a lie unless it suits what you want them to say.
But it's me living in my own world, right?
I only searched for clips as I said.
Ofc I dont go through thousands of hours
What happened in the games I linked though. You were playing one of the strongest killers and yet lost considerably, just a bad game from you I guess?
Regarding your timesteps.
First timestep - survivor waiting at the first pallet.... clearly not competent, next one
Second timestep - survivor is afk? Not sure how that hit in the shack was possible, maybe he just picked up the phone lul?
I see where this is leading.
I am not claiming that you cant beat any SWF, I am claiming that its the competent SWF that break the game.
Now that im typing this I am curious what rank these survivors were at because they were that horrible that I cant believe that they are rank 1 (even in the busted rank system).
.....
OK skipped to the end of the freddy game (you believe that freddy needs no buffs lol?)
What do I see?
rank 2
rank 6
rank 6
rank 15
Uhm ok.... gg easy I guess, time to nerf freddy
Just ignore guys who only get personal instead of having a proper argument.
They will push you down to their low level and beat you there because of there bigger experience of trashtalking.
I always feel vindicated when someone is insulting me if they run out of arguments
Yeah they ######### up as devs, that's obvious , but at least now no crybaby killer "main" can say "remove swf, it was not mean't to be" anymore.
Are they going to make it where when survivors die they can't see the killers perks and ad ons till end of game? So that SFW can't tell the others what perks the killer has when they die.
Yes, people have bad games, it's not an issue. I really don't understand your point here?
Also the clip is from nine months ago it means literally nothing, I had a bad game NINE months ago.
"hey this match doesn't matter because I don't think this player is competent"
I don't think killers that get looped for 5 gens at bloodlust three are competent but here you are, telling us how bad the game is.
Why are you grading my matches? You're here to refute I play killer, acting as if I shouldn't have a say because I don't play killer, lol.
What you're claiming is that players that are better than you shouldn't beat you because you're the big bad killer and you should pwn everyone.
Which, by what you guys say they're clearly an SWF and therefore should have been unbeatable, right? a rank 2,6,6 & 15? Clearly an overpowered team of four SWF communicating communists with unlimited power get 3Kd by a freddy?????!!??!?!?!?!!?!?! WHAT?!??!?!?! that... that should be impossible, no SWF is beatable, especially against freddy?
Says the guy that goes into my twitch clips to try and say I don't play killer, please tell me who is personal.
This should have already been a thing tbh I don't know why it isn't.
Man I leave for lunch and this thread went sideways lol
competent SWF I said, COMPETENT
But never mind, I think we can stop now
I didnt insult you in any way.
Sorry if you feel insulted lol
BHVR: has SWF in mind since the beginning
Also BHVR: balances around it being 1v1 instead of 4v1 for 2 years
The killer buffs don't benefit survivors either but they keep doing it.
Carry on pushing the ol "They only do things for survivors" narrative.
"rekt" yea, sorry when I started playing the game I wasn't immediately decimating. It's normal to have bad games, this again shows that you think only 4Ks matter as you seem to have an issue with anyone getting less than a 4K having an opinion on the game.
SWF can be really, really annoying to deal with, combined with competent Survivors with the best perks and addons, it's a living hell unless you're playing Nurse
Even then, they can't remove it or make some harsh change, because if they do, their game will suffer, badly
So, that's how it is, i usually take on SWF when i feel confident, sometimes manage to do well, sometimes not
On the plus side, killers can always lobby dodge so we got that going for us lol
Who is this you all you speak of?
Where in the video do they talk about SWF? I don't really feel like watching the entire thing.
If you click the video it should start at where they talk about it.
That only makes things worse. So they're telling us that they planned for SWF all along, yet they balanced the game around solo players for the vast majority of it's existence? They planned for a game mode that nullifies a fair chunk of perks and creates a blatant imbalance in the game? And, after constant complaints, they're only now addressing it? Knowing this doesn't make SWF any less broken. It only makes me dissapointed in the devs.
The 5 D's of Dbd SWF
Same thing happened to me with the LOL's, nobody jumped to my defense :'(
I also got lol'd in any conversation I was involved in.
Guess what, it means nothing - I can't believe these people hold their little lols and awesomes so close to their hearts lmfao.
I just lol'd you both hopefully i didn't not offend either of you.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE My precious internet points