Dead by Daylight has a Cheater Problem

hey,

let's see what we have.... As if you don't have enough to do with legacy hackers already: Speedhacks, teleporthacks, stunhacks, insta gen poped hacks and many many other more. (I am tired of having to open new support tickets over and over again) Since the SBMM it has become much more and i feel like cheating is becoming more and more popular here. Seriously though, what makes you cheat in a game like Dead by Daylight? This is really pathetic... In Call of Duty Vanguard, ( another Game ) among other things, a "new Anticheat method" will be used. One speaks of so-called "hardware bans". I find this technology very interesting and I'm only talking about PC platform Steam now. I don't want to know what's going on on the other platforms. Is something like this also possible in DBD? I would welcome something like that in any case. How do you see the whole thing at the moment ? Would you also find something like this good ?

regards

Comments

  • @LinkToReality said:

    Well, knowing how anti-cheat systems work, they're likely constantly working on it, usually they log people for a long time before they roll out the real update to block the hacks/cheats. Then they ban them all in a wave.

    But, also knowing how things work from the other side, the people developing the hacks constantly work on new workarounds and can often roll them out soon after the current system breaks what they had before. It's basically always a tug of war between the anti cheat system and the cheat makers.

    Demanding a cure all that will stop the cheats forever is a naïve dream sadly.

    This^

  • Just got done watching a streamer “Ralph” getting ready to watch a show because a hacker held the game hostage and he didn’t want to dc and get a penalty. Eventually the hacker dc’d but it’s ridiculous at this point.

  • @Bonquiqui414 said:

    Just got done watching a streamer “Ralph” getting ready to watch a show because a hacker held the game hostage and he didn’t want to dc and get a penalty. Eventually the hacker dc’d but it’s ridiculous at this point.

    Why would the hacker DC instead of ending the trial? What was he doing to hold the game hostage?

  • @DeadByLegion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495886#Comment_2495886

    My friends and I just went back and reviewed people we reported. Most videos were never viewed, and super obvious cheaters reported back in April are still playing. It's stuff like this that makes you not want to play the game and especially makes you not want to waste your time reporting people.

    Oh that is not pleasant to hear.... every cheater I reported has been banned so far. But yes I hope the report system is revised because it is always such a work with video evidence and so on there to write a ticket and pretty annoying

  • Yeah this is a huge problem. Almost see at least one cheater a day now. When I used to never see any.

  • Personally i feel the whole video proof in order for it to happen argument is a little dated. Granted the evidence should be rock solid I just wish dbd recorded games to the servers some how so as to let the behavior see it themselves easier than having to watch on youtube or otherwise. Cheating will unfortunately always happen as long as the punishment feels non threatening and any parent knows you dont let your kids keep skipping their choirs in the hope they will do them in the future.


    As master Yoda once said Ban or ban not....there is no try......

  • Have the devs even made a statement on how easy it is to get around the security or are they just hoping it goes away on its own?

  • I've had the game for 4 years. I've only run into maybe 2 people who were clearly hacking. A lot of suspicious stuff but no evidence to file a report. Being a frequent watcher of these forums it does feel like the amount of cheater/hacker threads skyrocketed when the resident evil chapter released. That's just my opinion.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    I've had the game for 4 years. I've only run into maybe 2 people who were clearly hacking. A lot of suspicious stuff but no evidence to file a report. Being a frequent watcher of these forums it does feel like the amount of cheater/hacker threads skyrocketed when the resident evil chapter released. That's just my opinion.

    I can also confirm that since the SBMM and also the introduction of the Resident Evil Chapter the whole thing has increased.

  • Again 2 new tickets and the whole thing just does not end. The higher the MMR, the more cheaters. I am tired and very tired of having to write new support tickets all the time just because the cheater situation is escalating. The internet is full of hacks like this. This can't be true anymore .... 😡

1 2 ›