Does anyone have faith in bhvr anymore?

Sbmm doesn't work? Well tough it out anyways to bad for you right? (At least 1 matches so about 2 hours of getting stomped🤨).

Pinhead causing dcs (playing as or against him) Trust the process it will be fixed right?

Broken promises about an offline bot mode among others? Who cares we own the monopoly on this game right?

Maps disables and new bugs affecting killers and survivors...don't worry buy our cosmetics right?

I have been playing since 2018 and am tired of broken promises and buggy launches because bhvr doesn't want to take the time to improve the overall basic health of its spaghetti coding🤬.

We deserve better as gamers...stop giving them money until they treat you the way a paying customer deserves to be treated.

Rant over...back 4 blood and the new evil dead game cant come soon enough 🤑

Edit: think about it any other company would have been boycotted or even sued for selling faulty merchandise....I love this game and want it to do better and we as a community deserve a great product.

Comments

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2481777#Comment_2481777

    That right there is the problem (indifference).

    I care about the community getting what they paid for...the customers that help them have that job.

    Using your logic that is like if I go for a whopper with everything and they give it to me forgetting the lettuce, tomatoes, and condiments.

    Why would I be happy with a substandard product I paid for...any person would rightly go and get their order corrected.

    Call me a commie but work is work. Pay should be give equally to all regardless of the quality of the product output. I want worse games made by better paid devs who are allowed to work less and im not kidding

  • @latinfla4 said:

    Sbmm doesn't work? Well tough it out anyways to bad for you right?

    Pinhead causing dcs? Trust the process it will be fixed right?

    Broken promises about an offline bot mode among others? Who cares we own the monopoly on this game right?

    Maps disables and new bugs affecting killers and survivors...don't worry buy our cosmetics right?

    I have been playing since 2018 and am tired of broken promises and buggy launches because bhvr doesn't want to take the time to improve the overall basic health of its spaghetti coding🤬.

    We deserve better as gamers...stop giving them money until they treat you the way a paying customer deserves to be treated.

    Rant over...back 4 blood and the new evil dead game cant come soon enough 🤑

    Frankly, it's become disrespectful. I have no confidence in BHVR.

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2482840#Comment_2482840

    Call me a commie but work is work. Pay should be give equally to all regardless of the quality of the product output. I want worse games made by better paid devs who are allowed to work less and im not kidding

    If you live in the west, your value is based on competency, the ability to negotiate, and market averages. Not everyone is worth the same and not everyone is equally valuable. You might not like that idea, but that's how a lot of the developed world functions, regardless of how it makes you feel. BVHR (or any company, really) should not be an exception to this way of doing business.

    I don't want to pay market averages for subpar products. If you don't have the drive, talent, will, or desire to give me my money's worth? Find another industry or starve. If I'm paying an agreed upon price for a functional product with minimal defects, I should get that. If I don't? Give me my investment back. If your work is poor but you're charging just as much (if not more) than market average, then no, you shouldn't make any profits.

    The fact that you said what you said is mind-blowing. I respectfully disagree.

  • @BadMrFrosty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2482949#Comment_2482949

    If you live in the west, your value is based on competency, the ability to negotiate, and market averages. Not everyone is worth the same and not everyone is equally valuable. You might not like that idea, but that's how a lot of the developed world functions, regardless of how it makes you feel. BVHR (or any company, really) should not be an exception to this way of doing business.

    I don't want to pay market averages for subpar products. If you don't have the drive, talent, will, or desire to give me my money's worth? Find another industry or starve. If I'm paying an agreed upon price for a functional product with minimal defects, I should get that. If I don't? Give me my investment back. If your work is poor but you're charging just as much (if not more) than market average, then no, you shouldn't make any profits.

    The fact that you said what you said is mind-blowing. I respectfully disagree.

    Thats why im thankful everyday i don't live in the fire and brimstone most humans call "the west"

  • @BadMrFrosty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2482949#Comment_2482949

    If you live in the west, your value is based on competency, the ability to negotiate, and market averages. Not everyone is worth the same and not everyone is equally valuable. You might not like that idea, but that's how a lot of the developed world functions, regardless of how it makes you feel. BVHR (or any company, really) should not be an exception to this way of doing business.

    I don't want to pay market averages for subpar products. If you don't have the drive, talent, will, or desire to give me my money's worth? Find another industry or starve. If I'm paying an agreed upon price for a functional product with minimal defects, I should get that. If I don't? Give me my investment back. If your work is poor but you're charging just as much (if not more) than market average, then no, you shouldn't make any profits.

    The fact that you said what you said is mind-blowing. I respectfully disagree.

    Eloquently said thank you.

    Rewarding substandard gaming is how gaming companies hit bankruptcy after they lose customers.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    Yes, I still have faith in them. I've seen the best and worst of other gaming companies, sometimes from both sides of the glass. They're not perfect and neither is their game but it's still a hell of a lot of fun.

    Imagine how much better the game could be with a healthier code base

  • I started to extremely dislike them when they added crossplay, which was the first blow to console players. Ever since then we've been continually treated worse and worse to the point where i've stopped purchasing any new content. And seeing how they even break the game for pc players at regular intervals with no plans to stop the cycle of break the game then slightly fix it a month later before breaking it again a month or 2 after that, i have completely lost faith in them.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @ggallinftw said:

    I started to extremely dislike them when they added crossplay, which was the first blow to console players. Ever since then we've been continually treated worse and worse to the point where i've stopped purchasing any new content. And seeing how they even break the game for pc players at regular intervals with no plans to stop the cycle of break the game then slightly fix it a month later before breaking it again a month or 2 after that, i have completely lost faith in them.

    It has become a play while you can before the next update comes cycle.

    Then take a break from game because of all the issues.

    Honestly each patch is a biggy cyberpunk game launch and got quickly pulled from stores from the backlash (in the beginning).

  • Still love the game so yes.

    Never lost faith

  • @JohnWeak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2481538#Comment_2481538

    Yes 2 games as they said they collected datas for month. If the SBMM was working, no way i would end up with potatoes...

    Those were just practice runs, blue official mmr data collection.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Still love the game so yes.

    Never lost faith

    Do they deserve it?

  • Do you know another game like this that's even remotely as succesfull?

    Yes they deserve it

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2484309#Comment_2484309

    It has become a play while you can before the next update comes cycle.

    Then take a break from game because of all the issues.

    Honestly each patch is a biggy cyberpunk game launch and got quickly pulled from stores from the backlash (in the beginning).

    Yup. Really hard to keep interest when it's like that. Not gonna drop whatever better game i'm playing to play DBD for a month and a half before it gets completely broken again.

  • I was saddened when the Friday 13th lawsuit ruined the game.

    I was annoyed at how the WWE kept removing things and characters from their gamee.

    But Dead By Daylight just frustrates me. It's a mess.

  • No. I could make a big long post, but to make it very brief: the game is busted and there's miscommunication between us and staff, and neither problem is getting addressed.

  • Consoom Legendary Skins!

  • My experiences have been mostly positive. Bar the RE chapter, which was a disaster in nearly every aspect, my experience often doesn't match the negative views of others and there have been a number of successes which have improved my experience. So I have faith in their progress, especially now SBMM is out.

  • @Zephinism said:

    Having played games managed by other companies like Blizzard, JaGeX, SEGA, ANKAMA, etc. I actually have a lot of respect for the devs at BHVR.

    Blizzard with the firing hundreds of people, the sexual assaults etc. JaGeX completely ruining their game, banning innocent players etc. SEGA absolutely milking PSO2 dry after denying it from non-Japanese speakers for 8 years. ANKAMA Support replies to your ticket a year after you've created it (if they even reply).

    Then you have Activision, Ubisoft and Rockstar Games which just milk players dry with rehashed nonsense. BHVR might release buggy games but have you heard of Bethesda?

    I don't really get this argument. Behavior can still do wrong by players without having to compare them to other companies. Someone being assaulted at Blizzard doesn't mean that Behavior didn't drop the ball so hard last chapter that a portion of the community was unable to play the game at all. Apples and oranges.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2484747#Comment_2484747

    Do you know another game like this that's even remotely as succesfull?

    Yes they deserve it

    Ok be happy with the buggy launches and cosmetic buys...I am raising awareness for others who want the product they paid for😎

  • @ggallinftw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2484518#Comment_2484518

    Yup. Really hard to keep interest when it's like that. Not gonna drop whatever better game i'm playing to play DBD for a month and a half before it gets completely broken again.

    I just want the cycle to break...fix the code and then build on it again with more dlcs later on.

  • I feel like the devs and bhvr can literally not win a lot of the time with the community so a part of me feels bad for them.

    Apart from that, most of the broken launches and ######### events, horrendous performance issues etc... is just inexcusable for a company.

    Yet they continue on with the same routine because they know they can get away with it.

    I would love overall game health, performance issues etc... to be focused on for abit instead of constant ######### killer releases and ######### patches.

  • Given the current debacle where paid content isn't available and there's no discussion as to when this will be fixed nor any compensation for us not having access to characters we've paid for, my faith in BHVR is at an all-time low.

  • @BabuDweet said:

    I feel like the devs and bhvr can literally not win a lot of the time with the community so a part of me feels bad for them.

    Apart from that, most of the broken launches and ######### events, horrendous performance issues etc... is just inexcusable for a company.

    Yet they continue on with the same routine because they know they can get away with it.

    I would love overall game health, performance issues etc... to be focused on for abit instead of constant ######### killer releases and ######### patches.

    That is the thing we as a community let them get away with it and it isnt right.

    I already made this point but any other business would have been boycotted or sued for selling a faulty product to its paying customers.

    They are to money hungry with broke dlcs and cosmetics to take their time and fix the base code of their cash cow until it just comes crashing down.

  • @Bardon said:

    Given the current debacle where paid content isn't available and there's no discussion as to when this will be fixed nor any compensation for us not having access to characters we've paid for, my faith in BHVR is at an all-time low.

    Was that happening to ps players? Sorry that is happening to you...someone said if you do to the stoe and redownload your items and then reboot your system up should be ok

  • No, and I am not going to be blinded by the fact that they brought in another iconic licensed character, especially when the game is this unstable for console players.

  • @Yords said:

    No, and I am not going to be blinded by the fact that they brought in another iconic licensed character, especially when the game is this unstable for console players.

    Yeah the cycle is new content update breaks game some bugs get fixed mid patch repeat =profit

  • @ggallinftw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2484518#Comment_2484518

    Yup. Really hard to keep interest when it's like that. Not gonna drop whatever better game i'm playing to play DBD for a month and a half before it gets completely broken again.

    Yeah the breaks before people return seem to be longer and longer...wonder how long those newer resident evil and hellraiser players are going to stick around?

    Guess it doesn't matter whatever new license they can get will bring in more people while the code keeps getting piled on🤣

1 2 ›