Dear fellow console players

Separate your drop pallet, interact, and pick up item buttons. It makes life significantly easier. Also, change skillcheck to one of the face buttons. It makes hitting them greats easier and saves your bumpers as the bumpers are more likely to wear out than the face buttons. Also also make vault/drop pallet clicking the right stick (recommendation) it allows you to be able to have better control of your movement.

Comments

  • Yeah separating should be a must. You don't want to drop a pallet on a downed teammate or accidentaly pick up the item near the window instead of vaulting lol.

  • @Shaped said:

    Yeah separating should be a must. You don't want to drop a pallet on a downed teammate or accidentaly pick up the item near the window instead of vaulting lol.

    Exactly saves so much headache and saves you and your teammates lives

  • Is this an option? How do you do this?

  • @WretchedElk said:

    Is this an option? How do you do this?

    Go to options and change inputs. You will see everything there.

  • If your on PC I'd recomend setting right click to sprint, and shift to use item (as survivor)

  • Huh... I didn't think you could remap on console. I shall go into my settings and do this post haste!

  • What are face buttons and why is it easier to hit skillchecks?

  • keyboard and mouse will be fantastic!

  • @Bangarang said:

    No.

    Yes it's objectively better

  • @TicTac said:

    What are face buttons and why is it easier to hit skillchecks?

    A B X Y on Xbox and it's easier for me. But it also saves your bumpers from dying a premature death

  • I would but the default keys I have memorized by muscle memory and adapted to it. If I veer from it, I'll just be more of a hindrance.

  • ive always wondered if face buttons helped with great skill checks but ive been too lazy to use anything besides default, even knowing about console survivor memes about dropping pallets on downed teammates. I suppose now is the time to give it a shot.

  • @GenJockeyNance said:

    I would but the default keys I have memorized by muscle memory and adapted to it. If I veer from it, I'll just be more of a hindrance.

    It took me maybe 3 games to get used to but fair enough

  • @HR_Helios said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2477458#Comment_2477458

    A B X Y on Xbox and it's easier for me. But it also saves your bumpers from dying a premature death

    I disagree because you can't rotate camera at the same time.

    Never had problems with bumpers on dualshock controllers btw. Only analog drift.


    This is my setup for anyone interested:

    Gens/other similar actions - r1 default

    Skillchecks -L1 default

    Vault/palletdrop/etc - r2

    Dead hard/etc - r3

    Use item - L3

    The only problem Is using items kinda feel weird but I am not really big on them anyway.

    Face buttons and d-pad are a big no no for me since you can't move/rotate camera at the same time. Which is very important.


    Also for people scared about muscle memory. I played since 2018 on and off. Took me like 3-4 games to get used to this, and I just changed the default controls recently.

  • @HR_Helios said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2477458#Comment_2477458

    A B X Y on Xbox and it's easier for me. But it also saves your bumpers from dying a premature death

    So the buttons on the right side. But then you cant look around with the right stick at the same time, right?

  • I've thought about it but those moments in SWF where everything gets messed up because you accidentally throw a pallet down instead of healing are hilarious

  • So... No killer tips, huh? Only survivor fans on console. I see how it is, bruh.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    So... No killer tips, huh? Only survivor fans on console. I see how it is, bruh.

    Killer controls are fine...kinda

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479495#Comment_2479495

    So the buttons on the right side. But then you cant look around with the right stick at the same time, right?

    That's less necessary while your on gens

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    So... No killer tips, huh? Only survivor fans on console. I see how it is, bruh.

    There is nothing wrong with killer controls.

  • @HR_Helios said:

    Separate your drop pallet, interact, and pick up item buttons. It makes life significantly easier. Also, change skillcheck to one of the face buttons. It makes hitting them greats easier and saves your bumpers as the bumpers are more likely to wear out than the face buttons. Also also make vault/drop pallet clicking the right stick (recommendation) it allows you to be able to have better control of your movement.

    As a former console player, this person speaks nothing but wisdom and should be listened to. ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ These fine bananas are for you sir/madam, enjoy.


    Also small suggestion, Put Dead Hard (if you use it now that it should work again) on your other thumbstick from the drop pallet/vault bind. It's much easier to use than reaching over to "A" or "X".

  • I separated them, but it's taking time to get used to. I like R1 for everything, but I find it really hard to escape Pinhead's chains if I don't separate them.

  • I was in a lobby with 3 PS players and one PC and one of the PS players dropped a pallet on a downed survivor I went to investigate the notification and downed the Jake (he the one who dropped pallet) with MYC. This was just last night and it turned to game into even more of my favor. Funny this post shows up right after I see it.

  • Are you joking? Its really important to look around while on a gen. Always look where the killer is and its useful to see other survivor, too.

    It gets even more crucial if the killer is undetectable, has a low terror radius, is a fast moving killer, has long range attacks or he has perks/addons, which give him undetectable etc.

    So if you want to be atleast a decent survivor, look around you.

  • I was going to do this.

    To eliminate the heal yourself/drop pallet issue and picking up a dropped object instead of vaulting.

    But I just couldn't get accustomed to the button change.

    Maybe I'll have another fiddle with it.

  • I had a play around with the controls but unfortunately no other settings feel right. Camera control is hindered by most of the available buttons. Instead I just try to be very careful about healing someone who is under a pallet.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    I had a play around with the controls but unfortunately no other settings feel right. Camera control is hindered by most of the available buttons. Instead I just try to be very careful about healing someone who is under a pallet.

    Try mine.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I have 2k hours on this game playing on the Series X currently. Disagree with most of what you have suggested other than the skill checks on the face button; had it mapped to that since the very beginning. I say this after having done testing with various combinations.

    You have 2k hours and you have to let go of the camera when you hit skill checks.

    Not optimal sorry.

  • I've tried but it's just uncomfy. I'd rather they just change the priority stack on actions.