Why can Generator be popped in 20 Seconds?

Title says it. 2nd match after getting a 4K with Nemesis with MMR on and this happens.

https://youtu.be/MDICnuOR_6g

Generator popped at 19 seconds. (There's a bug if this happens counter and sound does not work properly Otz Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CdIwSJRjFE)

Edit: Shown the full result of the match. I sometime hate that I can 4K good Survivors.

image.png


Are Gen Speed fine then? Why is still not balanced out? IS this what I'm gonna face in future forever as a Killer with High MMR?

Comments

  • @D3spair said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2425190#Comment_2425190

    This happened on my 2nd match with MMR ON after 4King, I 4Ked again soooooooo technically this would make my Nemesis go against with a more stronger build that these SWF. With every Kill with MMR On, the more you have a chance of encountering this build.

    These will not be a rare thing if you have a high MMR.

    I mean that goes to everyone. I've only been getting tunneling/camping killers since MMR. every single match.

  • As most have said on here, they threw all their resources at that one gen at the start and were together. Losing 1 gen that quick isn't the end of the world and you can still win as your screen shot proves.

    Losing a gen or 2 at the beginning is common because it's when the killer has the least amount of pressure. It doesn't mean it's an automatic loss

  • Because even if they can pop it in 19 seconds, it clearly didn't hinder a 4k snowball sooooo.....

  • These people are out to hurt you. Dirtbag scum.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Funny thing:

    OP also has a video on his Youtube-Channel were all Survivors are either slugged or hooked after 2 minutes of playtime with Blight. I dont see a Thread about this, but completing one Gen with 3 BNPs in 20 seconds is a huge issue, but winning the game in 2 minutes is alright.

    @Aven_Fallen

    Usually that is how it goes. Lol

    Yesterday my friends and I played against this sweaty Nurse, who had Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer… slugged at 5 gens because she wasn’t half bad. We somehow ended up needing 2 more gens before we all died.

    Yet in end chat has the audacity to say she could have killed us perkless. Lmao

    As in she thought she didn’t sweat, but we “did”.

  • @madradfox said:

    Strange thread....

    If the absolute worst case scenario of a SWF+Toolboxes+BP+PT+4pGen can still lead to a 4K then complaining about current gen speeds is just silly. If you wanted an easier time you could have brought addons, no one stopped you. This type of an SWF situation is also not representative of every match in DBD, but in fact represents just a small minority.

    After 2.8k hours playing solo survivor, I have seen pretty much every iteration of survivor builds, and frankly at red ranks BNPs are quite rare these days, not to mention multiple BNPs.

    Actually, on second thought this thread is not strange. It is just plain stupid/

    Yeah I mean what's the chances of actually going against a group with more than 1 brand new part.

    For months I only saw 2 brand new parts at once. Then it hasn't happened again for a while.

  • I don't understand the argument here. That team was playing as hard as you were and you beat them, congratulations!

    It looks like MMR paired you correctly.

  • @NerfedFreddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2424433#Comment_2424433

    you are also type of a guy who like to complain. Maybe you aren't that good to play without addons having such whiney attitude. I mean mmr is on and you will face actual challenging matches instead of playing 4k walking sim against random ranks lobbies like it was before

    I never thought I'd see someone talk down to a killer that plays without add-ons.

  • @madradfox said:

    Strange thread....

    If the absolute worst case scenario of a SWF+Toolboxes+BP+PT+4pGen can still lead to a 4K then complaining about current gen speeds is just silly. If you wanted an easier time you could have brought addons, no one stopped you. This type of an SWF situation is also not representative of every match in DBD, but in fact represents just a small minority.

    After 2.8k hours playing solo survivor, I have seen pretty much every iteration of survivor builds, and frankly at red ranks BNPs are quite rare these days, not to mention multiple BNPs.

    Actually, on second thought this thread is not strange. It is just plain stupid/

    The point is this type of gen speed shouldn't be possible. I know people like to think every time one of these matches happen, it's a 4k anyways. But it isn't always. To me, if the survivors have that good of a start, they threw the game. They basically started with 4 gens, and they got 4k'd. Doesn't that sound like boosted potatoes to you? Probably just a memer SWF that wants a quick first gen, and then they throw the game because they don't actually care about winning. When the team does care to win, they'll continue pushing gens instead of grinding them to a halt after the first one, like half these other teams like to do.

  • If you're looking for a sincere answer:

    The same reason you were able to recover and 4k with an immobile killer - it generally doesn't matter and is a waste of resources.

    It's psychologically damaging, but aside from doing a 'center' gen, it's actually a positioning/item management misplay.

  • I know everyone is pointing out the major gen speed deal (And yes, the gen popped immediately because they all threw BNPs with Prove Thyself onto one gen like goofballs.), but I wanna point something else out.

    They were a 4 man on one gen. They brought a Shroud to spawn together. If you had Discordance or Lethal Pursuer, you would have known that. Theoretically speaking as well, had you found them all together (Which I'm sure you found them together later in the game, as Prove Thyself encourages it) on that first gen, you also would have managed to get absolutely insane pressure on them and disrupt all four survivors at once.

    Not trying to down you as a Killer, so I hope it doesn't come across like that, but I did just want to point out that things like that are the drawback to perks like Prove Thyself. Grouping up on a gen can easily be a double-edged sword.

    Personally, I would have been more scared if they were broken up and on three different gens with BNP.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2424780#Comment_2424780

    Point being it is stupid design.

    It should be 80-60-47-36 not 80-47-36-32....

    It is stupid design, but not in the direction you're suggesting.

    If you harshly punish cooperative gen pushing, then survivors have only one option for doing gens: Everyone work solo. The problem with that is that every individual survivor is less important, and this method becomes both the fastest and safest way of doing gens.

    If it were to be the reverse, with co-op speeds being faster than solo speeds, then the fastest method wouldn't also be safest. Survivors would have to consider their options and judge whether it's better for them to risk co-operating on a gen or splitting up to tackle more at a time. This would make the killer benefit more from incapacitating one survivor, as it takes not only their progress value out, but it also takes away their co-op bonus.

    If solo gen times were bumped to 110, and the co-op penalty was inverted, then gens would go as fast as they currently do during co-op repairs. It'd speed up if survivors would group together more, but that, of course, means that if the killer finds one of you, he finds all of you.

    The fact that there's a co-op penalty at all is the stupid design. Not that it's too weak.

  • @D3spair said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2424426#Comment_2424426

    How do I apply pressure 1 second in the match lol.

    This Teams existed before, I know but with High MMR, the more chance you get to face these teams.

    The only way to pop a gen in 20 seconds if for them to have used all their BNPs. That means the rest of the gens will not be that quick. Sure you're down 1 gen, but it's entirely possible to claw back a victory even if it takes you 3 gens to get your first hook.

  • @D3spair said:

    Title says it. 2nd match after getting a 4K with Nemesis with MMR on and this happens.

    https://youtu.be/MDICnuOR_6g

    Generator popped at 19 seconds. (There's a bug if this happens counter and sound does not work properly Otz Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CdIwSJRjFE)

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/KPRAP6B9V69I/image.png

    Are Gen Speed fine then? Why is still not balanced out? IS this what I'm gonna face in future forever as a Killer with High MMR?

    Clearly your fault - not enough gen. pressure in early game, you just mindlessly wondering around whole 20 seconds, what did you expect to happen? :D

1 2 ›