Why isn’t slugging for no reason bannable?
I’m talking specifically about when a killer has won the game, they just leave survivors to bleed out for no reason other than to be petty. It’s the biggest BM in the game, and it takes forever to bleed out. And no, avoiding DS isn’t an excuse, this is not what I’m referring to.
It’s very obvious when a killer is doing it to ‘punish’ a survivor that didn’t go down in 10 seconds. I wish there was an option to die if you’ve been on the floor for like a minute.
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
Because you still die after 4 minutes, that is nowhere near as taking the game hostage or anything.
Same reason as to why don't you leave after all 4 survivors are alive but just want the killer to see them at the door.
They added mechanics like bleed out timers and end game collapse specifically for the reason that slugging was too problematic. Since they added those there is no reason to punish for slugging.
I dont think tbagging and stuff at the gate is nice but you get extra points for altruistic actions after the gates are open so healing/taking a hit in the way out is a good way to get some points in that department if you maybe only got 1 unhook or something.
Pointless post
Ok so why waste the killer's time? That should be banable as well according to the OP since the egc takes a while.
Also, I never said that taking a hit or whatever, I meant after all 4 are there just taunting.
Another thing, instead of waiting you can go into the next match and do more points if that is what you want.
Did I say it was taking the game hostage? There’s no reason not to implement a way to die on the ground though, as long as it’s not instant.
Might need it for a pip some people care about that stuff.
Not really pointless if someone comes up with a sensible suggestion on how to easily fix the issue.
Already been answered. Pointless post
BTW I just copy and pasted your response from the tunneling post......I thought is was funny....But I have a special sense of humor and no not that kind of special.
You want them to make a feature that not only will bring 100 new bugs to die faster while slugged but also ban the killer for slugging, title of your post right there.
Understandable there but 1 hit won't give you (most of the time) enough to pip, maybe altruism but doubt that it will be enough.
May i recommend using Unbreakable, if slugging bothers you that much?
Because being petty isn't bannable. If it was only 8 people would be allowed to play this game.
I ran into those persons a few times and they obviously do it for a simple, extremly sad reason: They hate you so much for beeing better at a video game that they waste their time to piss you off. As people already suggested: Get a coffee, watch Youtube, do the household and laugh inside about his or her personal sadness.
It’s given me it many times, it’s really not that uncommon. Boldness + altruism puts you over the edge
I don’t think making it bannable is the right answer because there are situations where a survivor is left slugged for legitimate reasons, but I do think making it so the last survivor doesn’t have to wait for the entire timer would be a good idea.
They made hook struggle end immediately if there’s no chance of rescue, so why not just have the entity kill you when solo slugged like when the EGC timer runs out? If all other survivors are dead and hatch is closed, the entity eats the survivor on the ground. There you go, fixed.
It hasn’t been answered at all
Not going to do anything if the killer is standing on you
I've had killers slug me for 4 minutes while nodding.
Not bannable, but it's pretty scummy. When that happens I just go watch youtube videos or read the forums
The first post (@OldHunterLight) answered your OP. So what is there a new question you want answered?
if slugging was at all bannable the combination of third seal, knockout and infectious fright would not be a thing.
knockout would have to be removed.
and then all killers would have to have deerstalker as basekit so there is no excuse as to why they couldn't find the downed survivor.
UB + SG works quite well if slugging just tickles you the wrong way. Oh it works if he is standing on you.
Why isn’t there the ability to die on the floor after x amount of time?
whats the point of commenting if you’re intentionally trying to misunderstand my argument lol
There is, it takes four minutes.
Also, when I say ‘banned’, I never said perma banned. I think temp bans for extreme BMing on either side would be great.
Not good enough. That’s equivalent to almost half of some games.
For the same reason hiding for like 4-5 minutes isn't bannable either. Both sides have some leniency with their gameplay as uninteresting as it may be for the other side. Bans get involved only when it starts to become actual problem either with game never ending it it lasting really long time 15+ min.
Besides, with slugging you have clear timer when you die. The idea with "forfeit" option for instant bleedout and death is good but it would need to be like 2 minutes limit before it becomes an option at least, to be the same lenght as hook.
I'm not I'm telling you why it's a thing that perk combination wouldn't exist if slugging was bannable
Ok I'm down with that as long as it's at least two minutes. So so it does not eliminate the main counter to hatch at the end. All that being said though it would be abused some how, opting out for another to get hatch, or teammates not getting you fast enough opt out, but right now you opt out at 4 minutes it's really not that long but I do understand why it sucks to play a killer who slugs and leaves you there to die. I had a huntress do it to my soloQ once. Just stood there throwing hatchets at us on the ground....That really won't improve her aim.
Heals plus distraction plus protection can add up
That is bannable lol
It does yeah. Because those of us that play fair get punished and the ones who BM never do.
Extensive hiding is. 5 minutes is hardly extensive. I imagine if you had the power you would ban anyone who looked at you badly with attitude like that.
Just add Flip-Flop + Powerstruggle and enjoy the show.
Okay and what am I gonna do when I’m getting tunnelled off hook with that build? Impossible to prepare for every toxic play style in this game.
You take the L and move on, like everyone else. You'll never have a build that counters everything, that's normal.
And move on to the next toxic game, thanks for the advice. Nobody on here wants to do anything about toxicity on either side, it’s really boring
For the same reason killer cant just forfeit when they know the game is over
Reading the comments, you'd like to make a suggestion too, which I'd advise you to do here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/suggestions
However, slugging in no form is bannable, even if the killer lets the survivor bleed out for four minutes on the ground - the game still ends. There are no rule breaks or whatsoever. It is not bannable. I understand it can be annoying and boring for some people, but it would not be feasible to ban for it. Sometimes survivors crawl around and the killer can't find them and even if they do and don't want to - it's still not a ban.
There is a 4th perk slot left. Just fill it with DS. We have enough perks to prepare a build for every playstyle.
My curent build, for example is: Bond, WGLF, BT and IW.
I think we also have to take perks into account, im sure I'd be frustrating for a survivor to get up with Unbreakable or have deliverance in there back pocket only to have the entire team forfit when they could have made come back. Not to mention tha'd add the option to dc immediately without penalty's epessaily for those survivors who don't like the way they get hit and dc on 1st down.
Maybe some of us don’t want to use the 4 boring meta perks? But it’s fine, because of how awful the MMR games have been (camping killer every time), I’m putting on DS Unbreakable Sprint Burst Iron Will, because clearly the respect I give other players isn’t going to be reciprocated.
Same reason 2 survivors can hide in lockers and leave to slightly shift around a tiny bit once the terror radius leaves to wait for someone to give up and break a stalemate. Poor design and a lack of care to fix it.
Then don´t use full meta and equip: Unbreakable, Flip-Flop, Powerstruggle and Tenacity.
No, I’m good. Everyone on this thread has made it clear the way to go is 4 meta perks + BMing the killer since nobody cares when it happens to me
I recommended you non meta builds which solve specifically the situation you struggle with. So its not "everyone".
Good luck then.
There's always a reason, not one you'd like but a reason nonetheless.
You can video tape it and submit a long form report citing griefing if it is egregious. Like slugging everyone, no hooks, following people and harassing them in the ground. With enough complaints people do get the boot. It is a tedious process and can take 20-30 minutes, so you gotta really mean it.
Said the one who keeps saying ,,bring slowdown perks, if you cant handle gen speeds."
Oh boi.
Because it's a pretty vague concept.
Killer has a challenge to kick x pallets and needs one more, is able to slug the last 2 survivors and then look around for a pallet he can kick. Is that bannable?
Or more extreme case I'm able to slug the 2 last survivors and before i can pick them up my kid falls on the floor. If i drop everything to go help my kid should i get banned? Cause from the survivors point of view it certainly looks like i'm bming.