Can we remove doctors ability to bm?

just ran into a doctor who hooked a survivor who looped him for 3 mins straight, once he was on teh hook he stared into his face spamming his special move constantly so nobody could unhook him, he slipped up at the very last second letting me unhook our dwight.

the doctors special ability needs to be on a 0.5 or 1.0 second longer cd so he cannot spam it to make it literally impossible to unhook other players.

Comments

  • Or he could have grabbed you off the hook and done a load more damage...

  • Yeah if you time it right you can actually get the unhook through that even with double discipline, it's just hard. If you complete half of the unhook animation only a grab can cancel the unhook, not a down, not doctors power, no nothing.

  • @ciara1999 said:

    Calm spirit is underrated.

    Calm spirit doesn't stop the shock, it just makes you not scream so it does nothing in this circumstance.

  • Why? You don't deserve the unhook if the Killer is right there.

    While he was facecamping, you should have been doing gens.

  • Preventing an unhook isn't BM'ing. It's just playing the game.

  • No. If you were to nerf characters due to how their interactions can be used to BM, you'd end up with survivors who are punished for repairing gens and/or escaping and killers who are punished for chasing and/or killing survivors.

  • @aerogaxd said:

    just ran into a doctor who hooked a survivor who looped him for 3 mins straight, once he was on teh hook he stared into his face spamming his special move constantly so nobody could unhook him, he slipped up at the very last second letting me unhook our dwight.

    the doctors special ability needs to be on a 0.5 or 1.0 second longer cd so he cannot spam it to make it literally impossible to unhook other players.

    Or you can go do gens. 3 minute chase and 2 minutes camping is more than enough time to do 5 gens between 3 survivors. If you go to rescue Dwight you take a resource off of gens. Its better to slam gens and leave rather than try to rescue against a camper and risk being grabbed.

  • If he's spamming shock, it should actually be rather easy to unhook in front of him. That ability has a very easy to time cooldown.

  • Take advantage of their poor gameplay and do gens - no different than what you do with a Bubba who facecamps.

    As to your proposal: No.

  • Regardless of what others have said above, you can’t deny Doctor is perhaps the only killer without a reasonable cool down for his special attack. Imagine if Spirit was able to phase as often as he is able to spam Shock Therapy.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    Regardless of what others have said above, you can’t deny Doctor is perhaps the only killer without a reasonable cool down for his special attack. Imagine if Spirit was able to phase as often as he is able to spam Shock Therapy.

    You can't compare two separate Killers and expect equal balancing mechanics.

    I mean, imagine if Nurse could down people by running into them, like Billy. Or Plague could puke through walls, since Nurse's power can go through walls.

    They are different powers with different timings. Comparing them makes no sense.

  • @1miko said:

    Yeah if you time it right you can actually get the unhook through that even with double discipline, it's just hard. If you complete half of the unhook animation only a grab can cancel the unhook, not a down, not doctors power, no nothing.

    Are you sure about this? That's not what happened to me yesterday- I was 60% on an unhook and got interrupted by Doctor's shock therapy.

    I've also had the bar almost completely full and still had the unhook not go through if I go down before it's finished. If I have it, like, 95%+, then I'll get it regardless, but I definitely have not noticed your statement being true 😔😔

  • @Power_Guy said:

    Why? You don't deserve the unhook if the Killer is right there.

    While he was facecamping, you should have been doing gens.

    @Jasix said:

    Take advantage of their poor gameplay and do gens - no different than what you do with a Bubba who facecamps.

    As to your proposal: No.

    Who is saying that they didn't already have all the gens done? You want them to leave the guy who carried the game on the hook as they all leave?


    To OP: it's difficult but you can definitely get an unhook in between shocks. Doctor is definitely an effective face camper but at least he is less lethal than Bubba, Trickster, etc., when it comes to it. You usually need another person with you to unhook successfully if you're not that good at timing things well/are on console (I can't do CRAP against a face camping Doctor on switch due to console lag/controller stuff; however, on pc, I can handle it much better). Congrats on unhooking anyways- it's definitely difficult LOL

  • @CheyeneKL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2413990#Comment_2413990

    Are you sure about this? That's not what happened to me yesterday- I was 60% on an unhook and got interrupted by Doctor's shock therapy.

    I've also had the bar almost completely full and still had the unhook not go through if I go down before it's finished. If I have it, like, 95%+, then I'll get it regardless, but I definitely have not noticed your statement being true 😔😔

    I play a lot of doctor and 50%ish unhooks always cancels the animation and drops the hook person onto the ground in the very same position as the unhooker, shortening their animation and giving them an advantage. Maybe it was a last patch bug but I had it happened quite a few times during that. This patch, since the event finished, I haven't played a lot so I couldn't happen to do it. Maybe it's just a killer pov thing and even though they're 50% unhook animation on my screen they might be a lot more through it due to desynch.

  • @Patrick1088 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/271597/can-we-remove-doctors-ability-to-bm

    Or you can go do gens. 3 minute chase and 2 minutes camping is more than enough time to do 5 gens between 3 survivors. If you go to rescue Dwight you take a resource off of gens. Its better to slam gens and leave rather than try to rescue against a camper and risk being grabbed.

    Its better if you want to escape and depip. Not if you were hoping for an interactive game, where you have the chance to pip

  • That's like saying "give survivors a crouch cooldown cuz teabagging" except this time it's actually a balance nerf

  • @1miko said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414206#Comment_2414206

    I play a lot of doctor and 50%ish unhooks always cancels the animation and drops the hook person onto the ground in the very same position as the unhooker, shortening their animation and giving them an advantage. Maybe it was a last patch bug but I had it happened quite a few times during that. This patch, since the event finished, I haven't played a lot so I couldn't happen to do it. Maybe it's just a killer pov thing and even though they're 50% unhook animation on my screen they might be a lot more through it due to desynch.

    I figured you were saying this from a killer's perspective. It's most likely a little latency/desync sort of thing- because on survivor side, I never get an unhook unless the bar is basically full. You can be interrupted at any point during the unhook, but it does seem to go through regardless once you reach the bar being full.

    I wonder how it is handled server side- I've definitely been grabbed when it 100% did not seem like I would or could be grabbed, and I've had 99% unhooks interrupted and not finish, even though it tends to go through in most cases when the bar is 99%.

  • @CheyeneKL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414054#Comment_2414054

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414135#Comment_2414135

    Who is saying that they didn't already have all the gens done? You want them to leave the guy who carried the game on the hook as they all leave?

    To OP: it's difficult but you can definitely get an unhook in between shocks. Doctor is definitely an effective face camper but at least he is less lethal than Bubba, Trickster, etc., when it comes to it. You usually need another person with you to unhook successfully if you're not that good at timing things well/are on console (I can't do CRAP against a face camping Doctor on switch due to console lag/controller stuff; however, on pc, I can handle it much better). Congrats on unhooking anyways- it's definitely difficult LOL

    Yes, that's what you have to do sometimes. GTFO. the game isn't called survived till daylight

  • @Power_Guy said:

    Why? You don't deserve the unhook if the Killer is right there.

    While he was facecamping, you should have been doing gens.

    If killers being able to deny unhooks completely was an intended mechanic, previous changes such as killers no longer being able to body block the unhook prompt and Trapper no longer being able to trap underneath the hook wouldn’t have been made.

    The game is clearly designed so that survivors are able to at least try to unhook each other. There are multiple perks designed solely around unhooking, for example - such as Make Your Choice and Devour Hope. Making an unhook risky or a trade is one thing, but denying it completely is obviously not an intended part of the game.

  • @CheyeneKL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414054#Comment_2414054

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414135#Comment_2414135

    Who is saying that they didn't already have all the gens done? You want them to leave the guy who carried the game on the hook as they all leave?

    To OP: it's difficult but you can definitely get an unhook in between shocks. Doctor is definitely an effective face camper but at least he is less lethal than Bubba, Trickster, etc., when it comes to it. You usually need another person with you to unhook successfully if you're not that good at timing things well/are on console (I can't do CRAP against a face camping Doctor on switch due to console lag/controller stuff; however, on pc, I can handle it much better). Congrats on unhooking anyways- it's definitely difficult LOL

    If all gens are done; the Killer has nowhere else to be. :)

    I know you did not say otherwise, I'm just pointing it out.

    @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414054#Comment_2414054

    If killers being able to deny unhooks completely was an intended mechanic, previous changes such as killers no longer being able to body block the unhook prompt and Trapper no longer being able to trap underneath the hook wouldn’t have been made.

    The game is clearly designed so that survivors are able to at least try to unhook each other. There are multiple perks designed solely around unhooking, for example - such as Make Your Choice and Devour Hope. Making an unhook risky or a trade is one thing, but denying it completely is obviously not an intended part of the game.

    Depends on the Killer. A few can deny unhooks if they are close enough. Hook BLOCKING was not intended, that does not mean hook denials (via powers or smart use of said powers) is not intended.

    This is still not BMing, and no power should be balanced around what one side views as 'BMing', or Killers would not have powers.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414215#Comment_2414215

    If all gens are done; the Killer has nowhere else to be. :)

    I know you did not say otherwise, I'm just pointing it out.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414291#Comment_2414291

    Depends on the Killer. A few can deny unhooks if they are close enough. Hook BLOCKING was not intended, that does not mean hook denials (via powers or smart use of said powers) is not intended.

    This is still not BMing, and no power should be balanced around what one side views as 'BMing', or Killers would not have powers.

    Smart use of powers to deny unhooks is not a bad thing and should remain, as it gives the killer chance to challenge the unhook, but allows both sides the opportunity to outplay their opponent and defend the hook/make a save.

    Someone standing next to the hook and spamming their power over and over to deny an unhook altogether is not “smart use”. Bubba used to have this option and the devs removed it.

    You’re right that it’s not BM and according to other people you can actually save if you time it right; I wouldn’t know since I don’t camp with Doc and don’t face him that often. I was just responding to your comment, “You don’t deserve the unhook if the killer is right there.” Which is silly and we can clearly see from how the devs balance the game that it’s not true.

  • If the gens aren't done, the gens NEED to get done. As to why so many people dont understand this, makes no sense to me.

    if all the gens are done, whatever happens to the hooked survivor is fair game.

    At that point, the hook is the only Objective the killer has left, and to abandon it to check a door is almost guaranteed to result in demise.

    Doctor has a cooldown, the unhooked survivor could have taken Breakdown, DS, Second Wind, or any other perk to assist in their escape from a camper. The unhooker could have taken Borrowed Time, bodyblocked or other methods to get the survivor to the gate successfully.

    Honestly if the three survivors were competent there shouldnt really be a way the survivor was unable to get off the hook, everyone was just too scared to risk their own lives to do anything.

  • @ciara1999 said:

    Calm spirit is underrated.

    Easy way to tell you have no idea what you are talking about. Calm spirit doesn't stop the interrupt, only the scream.