What do you think about this idea for Bond?
Okay so basically. We all know what Bond does. It let you see your teammates up to 36 meters. But what if, your teammates could see you too?
I think that would be interesting, but I'm not sure if that would make it a bit too strong or if it would just be unnecessary. I actually think it would make more sense maybe. Because a "Bond" is the connection between 2 people right? And right now, the perk is more like "you are connected with others" and not "You and others are connected with each other".
What do you think? :)
Comments
But Bond is already a fairly useful and strong enough perk. I feel ideas like this for perks like Premonition or This Is Not Happening would be more suiting .
Aftercare can fulfill the role your new bond would fill and is balanced because it has the stipulation that you must unhook someone or heal them; losing all stacks when you are hooked. The new bond would overlap with countless other perks and be less balanced, because it is given to the player for free.
It may be a tad too strong, as it's already pretty useful as is. I like the idea of team mates being aware of everyone else, and although perks such as Aftercare and Blood Pact do that in some form, it might be interesting to have another perk that could well do something such as you described, in maybe a weaker form.
I'd like Bond to do the reverse, instead of you seeing all teammates auras that are within certain distance they all see yours.
I don’t like this idea sorry. Sometimes I like to use Bond to stay AWAY from teammates because they’re either potato’s or trolls. Then being able to see me as well if they’re not running their own aura reading would annoy me, and make it impossible to keep distance from them.
Ehh... that seems like a better version of Aftercare. I think Bond is fine, really good perk IMO.
Not a fan of this idea honestly. I like Bond partly because it lets me avoid taking the killer to survivors on gens, but I wouldn’t trust random teammates to be as selfless. At least if people want to sandbag with Bond they have to spend the perk slot on it, I’d rather not give them it for free.
I would think this would make it infinitely better than Better Together, making that perk have no reason to use.
Tbh, Bond is already super strong. Doing this might render Aftercare and Better Together completely useless.
Not to commit the "but my streamer says" fallacy, but Otz rated bond lower just for the sole fact that your teammates don't see you.
Personally, bond is already a pretty strong perk I use regularly (I feel naked without it) and is fine as it is - and while I think that would be such a sick change, I'd actually rather see a form of it being made basekit than bond being buffed (maybe, like if a person is being chased they see survivors within 16 meters or something so they don't go to where their teammates are). It would help bridge the gap between swf and solo, and I think anything that does that would be a good thing.
I mean, there are so many perks that a lot of people don't have reasons to use and step over each other constantly. Blast mine can be used somewhat like better together too, and has more range of visibility. Bond and empathy are very similar, but I'd argue empathy is useless since it has the condition of needing a survivor to be injured (despite the higher range). I think deja vu is better than visionary based on the fact it can be used to prevent a 3 gen.
Bond is already very strong and yet balanced perk. Leave it alone as it is
Im willing to have another perk that let your team mates see you in 36m range.
Yes it's good suggestion. Soloq needs more strong perks/tools for communication and coordination
I think Bond is fine as is.
If anything, have Open Handed share any of your aura reading perks with other survivors within 8m of you and persist for 15 seconds once out of range.