Stop with the selfcare hate treads pls

Hellu,

I've been playing DBD for over 5500 hours and I use selfcare too and I'm not ashamed of it !!

The best survival perk in the game is Iron Will and selfcare is just as good for solo players like me ( best 1vs1 perk also ). The best gaming experience you can get is when you play solo, especially if you are looking for a challenge.

SWF is boring and feels like a cheat mode.

People say it takes forever to heal but seriously, what is wrong with you guys? Don't you have time or what?

Personally, I'm not interested in walking around covered in clothes all the time. It's just a risk and when I play alone it's always safety first.

Comments

  • Stop self caring through sloppy... we could legit do a gen duo in that time. If everyone just healed for that length if time nothing would get done against good killers

  • Pay no mind to them, it's the people who were used to old busted fast SC and can't see a well designed balanced perk if it hit them in the face.

    Current SC is 100% as efficient way to heal as it would be to get healed by someone else (both take 32s from survivor players overall), yet many still trash talk it even when the time for both heals is the same.

    It's a great perk and main reason why it gets hate is because it can be easily misused by player who don't understand how to use it. That makes it skillful perk, not a bad one. If you don't have the understanding on when it's a good idea to use it, ofc you'll think it's bad.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Stop self caring through sloppy... we could legit do a gen duo in that time. If everyone just healed for that length if time nothing would get done against good killers

    False it takes 40 seconds to selfcare through sloppy and 47 seconds to do a gen duo

  • you can combine SC wonderfull with Perks like Botanical knowl. Resurgence and a Medkit and stuff like that. It´s 1000x better as that stupid BT, DS, DH bored Meta, and when i play solo: Iron will + SC are my first options all the time but this is only my opinion.

  • It's a great perk that I use from time to time as well. But the problem people have with it is timing. People don't know when it's the best time to heal and when to do other things.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    It's a great perk that I use from time to time as well. But the problem people have with it is timing. People don't know when it's the best time to heal and when to do other things.

    true, this is true

  • I will not stop hating on the perk that has gotten me killed on so, so many occasions because people cannot bear the thought of saving someone while injured despite the killer chasing someone else across literally the entirety of Midwich. While I have Kindred equipped.

    If you want to heal yourself, there are better options. Use a MedKit (yellow with +8 charges is enough- you shouldn't have to heal yourself more than twice in a match since teammates can heal you after an unhook unless youre being tunneled, in which case self-care won't help anyway), or Inner Strength (which while it may take longer to find and cleanse a totem, the heal itself can be pocketed when needed and you're doing something to help the team, which is more than can be said with self-care).

    If you want to use the perk, go for it- I cannot control your gameplay experience. But there are substantially better options and I will continue to scream that from the rooftops until my throat bleeds.

  • Self-Care is factually better for the team than having other survivors heal you, unless they have faster than normal healing methods in play. End of story.

  • I'm not going to sit here and tell you what perks to use. It's your character, you do you

    That said, as a killer who runs Nurse's Calling on most killers, Self Care is one of my favorites to go against.

    I play solo queue exclusively so I understand the pain of not having a reliable healing method but I prefer Bond and finding teammates rather than self care.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I will not stop hating on the perk that has gotten me killed on so, so many occasions because people cannot bear the thought of saving someone while injured despite the killer chasing someone else across literally the entirety of Midwich. While I have Kindred equipped.

    If you want to heal yourself, there are better options. Use a MedKit (yellow with +8 charges is enough- you shouldn't have to heal yourself more than twice in a match since teammates can heal you after an unhook unless youre being tunneled, in which case self-care won't help anyway), or Inner Strength (which while it may take longer to find and cleanse a totem, the heal itself can be pocketed when needed and you're doing something to help the team, which is more than can be said with self-care).

    If you want to use the perk, go for it- I cannot control your gameplay experience. But there are substantially better options and I will continue to scream that from the rooftops until my throat bleeds.

    I will freely admit that Self Care sometimes results in people healing instead of doing other things that are more important at that exact time. However, survivors using it wrong does not make it a bad perk.

    Now, speaking as somebody who's terrible at finding totems, Inner Strength is not always better. For me to get consistent use out of IS I need to pair it with Small Game, Detective's Hunch, or a map that can see totems. If I go with the perk route, then I could also easily just equip Botany Knowledge which will cut my SC time down to ~24 seconds which is not that much more time than IS's overall heal time of 20 seconds and has the additional up side of when I heal you it only takes 12s. If I go the map route with IS, I could easily go the Medkit + Self Care route instead because SC makes my medkit last 30% longer and I can use lower rarity items because a yellow/brown map doesn't exist.

  • It baffles me people say Self Care is a bad perk but Inner Strength is an excellent one. Time wise Inner Strength takes way more time to get a full heal (searching for a totem + 14 seconds cleansing it + searching for a locker + 8 seconds inside it).

    Self Care is not S tier, but it does help because instead of compromising half of your team for a single health state, you're only occupying 1/4 of it. Sure it's better to just take something like Second Wind or a medkit, but the perk is not the garbage people say it is. The problem is when people spend 32 seconds healing but then go down in 15 in chase.

  • For me the issue isnt the perk its how people use it.

  • Sorry, but I can't stand the perk. Why not just bring a medkit? I agree, solo is the hardest mode in the game, but it is because of teammates, especially those that are self caring and letting me hit second stage on my first hook. Soooo, I am not going to stop shitting on self care.

  • Med-kit with some extra charges, and inner strength as a backup🙂

  • It's not that Self Care is a bad perk.

    It's a good one, you can heal at half speed on your own without the help of medkits or other survivors.

    The problem comes from people who rely on it. One thing you need to understand about high rank Survivor gameplay is that staying injured can be far more beneficial than getting healed especially if gens are about to get done.

    Which is why everyone always tells you to bring medkits. You are never going to need more than one heal during any serious match. Because you either escape or get downed during a chase. And if you escape, you most likely can keep going injured and run into another survivor who can heal you up.

    Saving you WAY more time and efficiency.

    If you keep using Self Care, over and over, which is what I always see during my Survivor matches. You are giving the Killer more time than Ruin and Undying ever could. Because that is 36 seconds every single time you are injured that the Killer can take advantage of.

    Remember, the only Survivor that the Killer has to worry about are not the loopers, not the stealthy immersed players. But the players who do GENERATORS. And if you're not doing Generators, you're not a threat to the killer. Especially if you're self caring whille Ruin and Undying are up.

    So please, just as someone who plays Solo Survivor almost exclusively. Stop using Self Care and bring a medkit if you feel you need to heal. Because the more you learn on how to play whilst injured, the better you actually will be at the game. Why do you think a lot of survivors runs perks that can only be used while you're injured? Because being injured can be an advantage to you more than a disadvantage with perks like Iron Will, Dead Hard, and even Resilience.

    So to quote Demi, STOP USING SELF CARE

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT8vWTWdx-g


  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    It baffles me people say Self Care is a bad perk but Inner Strength is an excellent one. Time wise Inner Strength takes way more time to get a full heal (searching for a totem + 14 seconds cleansing it + searching for a locker + 8 seconds inside it).

    Self Care is not S tier, but it does help because instead of compromising half of your team for a single health state, you're only occupying 1/4 of it. Sure it's better to just take something like Second Wind or a medkit, but the perk is not the garbage people say it is. The problem is when people spend 32 seconds healing but then go down in 15 in chase.

    There's a reason people say Inner Strength is better, and it's because you can pocket the heal. Yes, it may take time to find the totem, but cleansing a totem is still doing something for the team (countering hex perks). Furthermore, you can cleanse the totem while healthy, leaving the effective time to heal yourself as 8 seconds instead of much more.

    It isn't ideal, but it's much better than Self-Care. A MedKit is still better, though.

  • As someone who basically only plays solo, stop running SC it literally hurts your team so badly unless you run an entire build dedicated to it and even then its still a 19 second heal :/

  • @Clevite said:

    Sorry, but I can't stand the perk. Why not just bring a medkit? I agree, solo is the hardest mode in the game, but it is because of teammates, especially those that are self caring and letting me hit second stage on my first hook. Soooo, I am not going to stop shitting on self care.

    Perfect explanation. SC is a reason solo queue hurts lol.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    It baffles me people say Self Care is a bad perk but Inner Strength is an excellent one. Time wise Inner Strength takes way more time to get a full heal (searching for a totem + 14 seconds cleansing it + searching for a locker + 8 seconds inside it).

    Self Care is not S tier, but it does help because instead of compromising half of your team for a single health state, you're only occupying 1/4 of it. Sure it's better to just take something like Second Wind or a medkit, but the perk is not the garbage people say it is. The problem is when people spend 32 seconds healing but then go down in 15 in chase.

    Because you get a fast heal while doing other important things. Doing totems is important and you're rewarded for doing so.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403017#Comment_2403017

    There's a reason people say Inner Strength is better, and it's because you can pocket the heal. Yes, it may take time to find the totem, but cleansing a totem is still doing something for the team (countering hex perks). Furthermore, you can cleanse the totem while healthy, leaving the effective time to heal yourself as 8 seconds instead of much more.

    It isn't ideal, but it's much better than Self-Care. A MedKit is still better, though.

    Overall Inner will still take more time than Self Care, and you almost always have to bring something to find totems as well. Not even mentioning on solo queue people can cleanse the totems before you do.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403017#Comment_2403017

    Because you get a fast heal while doing other important things. Doing totems is important and you're rewarded for doing so.

    And with Self Care you're healing by yourself while your team can push through gens. Inner is a bit better because it has the plus of countering hexes, but not by that much imo.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403060#Comment_2403060

    And with Self Care you're healing by yourself while your team can push through gens. Inner is a bit better because it has the plus of countering hexes, but not by that much imo.

    Correction, you're healing by yourself for 32 seconds, someone else is being chased, 2 people might be on gens. OR

    Healing by yourself, someone is hooked or down, 1 person is saving, 1 person is on gens, killer still can chase one or 2 of those survivors and bring the survivors game to a stand still.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403053#Comment_2403053

    Overall Inner will still take more time than Self Care, and you almost always have to bring something to find totems as well. Not even mentioning on solo queue people can cleanse the totems before you do.

    On the majority of maps you definitely don't need to bring something to find totems- they're in the open the majority of the time lmao. The issue only comes with the solo teammates- but if they're actually doing totems then you should celebrate because it means they're bring productive.

    Once more, the MedKit is still the best alternative.

  • I'm so tired of people arguing about seconds like we're shaving seconds off our speed runs or something.

    The other day, I was on hook and could clearly see two other survivors in a building crouching and pointing at one another in some kind of meme/joke behavior for almost a full first hook cycle. Thank God my wife was also playing so she could disengage from the gen she was working and run all the way across the map to save me.

    So many times people are just running around aimlessly, hiding in lockers far from the killer or whatever. I'm not a high rank. I only make up to 10 or so on a good week but come on.

    It happens that I don't run self-care, but I think it's b******t to argue about the time it takes.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403032#Comment_2403032

    Perfect explanation. SC is a reason solo queue hurts lol.

    are you know what hurts ? SWF cause it feels like a cheat mode

    @I_am_Negan said:

    Med-kit with some extra charges, and inner strength as a backup🙂

    that´s also good yes. You has a lot of options specially with SC