Regarding DC penalties
Are the devs ever going to bother looking into a way to separate intentional DCs from ones caused by unstable Internet connection? Because my Internet has decided to start ######### around during a match 4 times in the last 24 hours and it isn't exactly a nice experience having to wait around for 30 minutes because of something out of my control.
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
I think they've said before that that is not a possibility.
I even saw a moderator on here basically say that even if it wasnt your fault you deserve the penalty because everyone else was penalized in game for your dc. Ridiculous I know.
@Marigoria
Lol please tell me that last sentence was a joke. I don't think a mod has any right to claim it is a deserved penalty, when the whole world knows this game isn't optimized and crashes are basically guaranteed at this point.
It's like saying "Here play with my broken toys, but if I find out that they are broken you don't get to play with them again". 🤣
I'm not kidding. If I knew the exact wording that was used I would have found the post and linked it here. I found it to be quite an bad thing to say.
....
It's literally not possible to code something that can read INTENT.
The game sees 'This connection disappeared'. It can't tell if it's from a power outage, you leaving because a family member fell, or someone rage-quitting 'because Spirit'. It's, literally, impossible to tell them apart. It's all just 'Connection went away' to the game.
Exactly this, there is no way for that to be added into the system especially as it could be easily abused by "pulling the plug" - so unfortunately, all DC's are treated in the same manner.
I would guess from previous DC penalty discussions that the point that mod made was that when people know that their internet tends to time out and I mean not just one bad day but regularly then it is on them that they get punished when they knowingly start a team game which they can get booted from at any time and leave the other 3 survivor regularly at a disadvantage.
@MandyTalk
You know it would be nice if they could at least fix the crashes caused by the game itself. I am still experiencing the "stuttering" the way many people on here have been complaining about. Yesterday alone I got a penalty + a depip, for something that my internet nor I had control over.
I don't think anyone is denying that it is unfair for the rest of the team, but even when I am one of the survivors who gets "screwed", I can't sit there and blame that dcer for crashes caused by the game itself. I don't think that makes common sense.
I solo qued four times yesterday, and in every single one, one or more survivors dced in early game.
If your internet is being flaky, i don't think you should play and make the other 3 survivors suffer. get it sorted out with the ISP
Also btw so you guys aren't surprised to find out.
There is a new bug where if a killer dc's, you get a penalty as a survivor.
No joke?
so they finally reactivated the DC penalty?
If its your internet, get better one before playing.
For crashes i would agree tho, but its not that easy to check it your game crashed or not.
so they finally reactivated the DC penalty?
Apparently... Because I just got one. And first it said on the post game listing that the Killer left, but after that, I got the DC penalty. Even though I didn't left the game.
wow! we go bad!