Tunneling

What in your opinion is tunneling and when is tunneling okay to you and when it isn't?


I've seen survivors unhook somebody right in front of the killer and the killer downs them again then chases after the unhooker and the person downed says the killer is tunneling, to me that's not tunneling but I just want to see other people's definition of tunneling

Comments

  • @Kaitsja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394334#Comment_2394334

    Tunneling shows a lack of skill, and yes Genrushing does too. Genrushing is boring, and tunneling is boring. Both are unnecessary. Not tunneling doesn't mean being nice. I really only have an issue with off-hook tunneling, where you can be rescued with BT and the killer will tunnel you for a good 30 - 60+ seconds just because.

    Genrushing and tunneling are core problems, so no amount of balancing will fix them. Peer pressuring killers, and survivors, into playing this less like an esport is the only way and can only be good for the game.

    Don't misunderstand; the game needs to be fun for both killers and survivors. Tunneling causes Genrushing, and Genrushing causes Tunneling; neither of which is fun for either side. It just results in very boring and unengaging gameplay becoming standard practice.

    Tunneling nor Genrushing shows a lack of skill. It shows a lacking variety in the gameplay. People gravitate towards things that are too powerful as a strategy or tool to not be played without.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394496#Comment_2394496

    It's still being a jerk. Don't act like you know what I do. I will often times let the killer kill me if he's having a bad game. I try and not make the game miserable for other players.

    That's rare though. I often slow down a little and allow absolutely free unhooks if survivors are really struggling. But when I'm struggling as a killer, survs don't do it. They smash the gens and leave.

  • @Aquamarine said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394510#Comment_2394510

    That's rare though. I often slow down a little and allow absolutely free unhooks if survivors are really struggling. But when I'm struggling as a killer, survs don't do it. They smash the gens and leave.

    This. I have been playing since the game launched back in 2016 and I have NEVER had a Survivor give me a hook. They always twerk out the Gates and 'ezgg baby Killer'.

    And yet, on these forums, they ALSO claim Killers should: Give the final Survivor the hatch (you know; 'Be happy with a 3K' and 'Stop sweating for the 4K'), stop using good perks, stop using good Killers, stop using <insert tactic here>, stop being a 'tryhard' or 'toxic.


    And speaking of 'toxic'; they clicky-click, and twerk, and bodyblock and emote to anger me, and 'It's in the game! Get thicker skin!'.

    But if I'm near the hook for 0.0000000000000000003 seconds after hooking a Survivor. Even if a friend is 3 feet away, waiting in line to unhook them: 'WWWAAAAH! Camper! Stop being toxic! Change the game, devs! ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ '

  • @Aquamarine said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394510#Comment_2394510

    That's rare though. I often slow down a little and allow absolutely free unhooks if survivors are really struggling. But when I'm struggling as a killer, survs don't do it. They smash the gens and leave.

    I though it was just with me ... I always try to let ppl get some points when they are awful bad ... But when I barely can hit someone, all I get its bs at the gates are tease ...

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394952#Comment_2394952

    Exactly. I'm never shown mercy. I'm shown t bags. Wasting 2 minutes at the gate unless I push them out. I'm shown GG EZ baby killer.

    So I don't show mercy, no

    I go against a lot of camping and tunneling killers, but I'll still be nice if the killer isn't toxic. Good players do exist :)

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2395090#Comment_2395090

    It's an effect of the few ruining it for everyone. People are most legitamently toxic as hell on this game.

    I do agree with you. I don't think I've ever played a game with so many toxic people.

  • @Generic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394579#Comment_2394579

    Tunneling nor Genrushing shows a lack of skill. It shows a lacking variety in the gameplay. People gravitate towards things that are too powerful as a strategy or tool to not be played without.

    There is nothing skillful about picking off a target that cannot feasibly make it more than 10 meters from the hook. Likewise, there is nothing skillful about stacking perks and items to complete generators in as little time as possible.

  • My definition of tunnelling is repeatedly going after the survivor who has just been unhooked until they are dead and not committing to a chase on any other survivor

    At 3-5 gens left, I don't think a killer should be needing to tunnel and I frown upon it when I see it happen

    If there's 2 gens or less left, I can understand why a killer would tunnel if they need someone dead at that point to still try to win, or if they simply just haven't had many hooks throughout the game so far and still want to attempt to win

  • @CornHub said:

    If you believe it'll get you the win, then it's okay but if you're doing just to be toxic then it isn't okay. Unless they openly admit they did it to be toxic then I'm okay with it.

    Can we all take a minute to appreciate this guy's username?

  • It's so rude when people unhook and don't stick around the protect or heal the guy, I'll normally slug him to create pressure because then someone's gotta heal him while I chase the rescuer, but that's a missplay on the unhookers part and just bad team mates in general, it's definitely not tunneling unless you keep hooking them.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394952#Comment_2394952

    This. I have been playing since the game launched back in 2016 and I have NEVER had a Survivor give me a hook. They always twerk out the Gates and 'ezgg baby Killer'.

    And yet, on these forums, they ALSO claim Killers should: Give the final Survivor the hatch (you know; 'Be happy with a 3K' and 'Stop sweating for the 4K'), stop using good perks, stop using good Killers, stop using <insert tactic here>, stop being a 'tryhard' or 'toxic.

    And speaking of 'toxic'; they clicky-click, and twerk, and bodyblock and emote to anger me, and 'It's in the game! Get thicker skin!'.

    But if I'm near the hook for 0.0000000000000000003 seconds after hooking a Survivor. Even if a friend is 3 feet away, waiting in line to unhook them: 'WWWAAAAH! Camper! Stop being toxic! Change the game, devs! ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ '

    I've had a few instances of survivors giving me a pity kill. They're few and vastly far between though.

  • This posts always end with the same sort of arguments.

    Every single player is responsible of being exposed to the game features, Tunneling is an intended game feature:

    • How you take a game feature is on you
    • If you take a game possiblity as waste of time the problem is on you, seriously is your entertainment time why the efficency?
    • If you want a handholded experience, expect others to want the same
    • Isn't morally wrong to attribute negative connotations to the work of the game designer? Are we so sure it's not plain selfishness at this point?

    If survivors are not wiling to go, or are annoyed by, the effort route of taking protection hits, have patience for safe rescues, bring BT or DS, keep repairing, bring Kindred, get better on chases... why would a Killer need to go the hard route himself?

    Having said this, please stop holding W and pre-dropping "Corridor Pallets" against my Doctor. It's evil, hurts me emotionally and i want a more handholded experience. Thank you.

  • in this state of game with bt and ds tunneling is only make the game borring for the 3 survivor playing m1 simulation

1 2 โ€บ