Unhook animation should be locked.

I know it's a common tactic to fake an unhook take a hit then save, but suvivors know they can cancel the killers grab animation if they stop the interaction quick enough then get an easy save and its getting a little ridiculous.

I think the unhook hook animation should be locked thus making survivors be more tactical and commit to there hook rescues. In return Protection hits could be changed to count when your in radius of a hooked survivor.

Comments

  • I don’t see what problem this is intended to address. If you know they’re faking, you just have to call their bluff and wait for them to commit. The survivor on the hook is on a timer, they have to commit at some point.

  • This would just make camping even easier.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    I don’t see what problem this is intended to address. If you know they’re faking, you just have to call their bluff and wait for them to commit. The survivor on the hook is on a timer, they have to commit at some point.

    This. Or just hit them.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    I don’t see what problem this is intended to address. If you know they’re faking, you just have to call their bluff and wait for them to commit. The survivor on the hook is on a timer, they have to commit at some point.

    I'm addressing the issue of broken grabs. The killers hand can be on a survivors shoulder lifting them up and they can just be like nope im going cancel ur legit grab, this also requires verry Minamal reaction time. Tbh if ur making an unsafe rescue you should be grabed there's many perks that can help unhook faster and teammates can take protection hits. So my issue is I see alot of survivors basicly exploit this. Half the time is 1 survivor "exploiting" the pickup animation well the other saves right after then buddy on the hook uses BT and u are effectively in the same place with 3 healthy and 1 ingured after the entire fiasco.

  • For make campers stronger? Lol

  • @nutmilk420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2390410#Comment_2390410

    I'm addressing the issue of broken grabs. The killers hand can be on a survivors shoulder lifting them up and they can just be like nope im going cancel ur legit grab, this also requires verry Minamal reaction time. Tbh if ur making an unsafe rescue you should be grabed there's many perks that can help unhook faster and teammates can take protection hits. So my issue is I see alot of survivors basicly exploit this. Half the time is 1 survivor "exploiting" the pickup animation well the other saves right after then buddy on the hook uses BT and u are effectively in the same place with 3 healthy and 1 ingured after the entire fiasco.

    The devs just pushed live a change to address bugged grabs so this is unnecessary. You’ll now injure them if your grab is cancelled.

  • I mean it sucks but I try to not let myself get into a position that I need to rely on the grab. If I'm gonna go back to the hook I try to stay at a distance I can injure them first and promise a hook trade with a lunge.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    This would just make camping even easier.

    Not really.. its actully sad to see how many pepole rely on this tactic. I Use perks like desperate measures an Mome so taking a hit before an unhook means no protection score i just wait till the killers not looking and get a fast unhook with DM or wait for a teammate to show up for support.

  • Face camping doesn't need buffed no thanks.

  • @nutmilk420 said:

    I know it's a common tactic to fake an unhook take a hit then save, but suvivors know they can cancel the killers grab animation if they stop the interaction quick enough then get an easy save and its getting a little ridiculous.

    I think the unhook hook animation should be locked thus making survivors be more tactical and commit to there hook rescues. In return Protection hits could be changed to count when your in radius of a hooked survivor.

    stop camping, and I won't have to pretend to unhook! ;)

  • What if I told you I just poped a gen injuerd a survivor then came back to the hook cause ur almost done the escape phase and survivor's make the most predictable last second saves ;) but you'll still think i sat there watching the hook the entire time.

  • @nutmilk420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2390450#Comment_2390450

    What if I told you I just poped a gen injuerd a survivor then came back to the hook cause ur almost done the escape phase and survivor's make the most predictable last second saves ;) but you'll still think i sat there watching the hook the entire time.

    no I do not think so! but you understand that your solution would favor camping! the problem you pose may be right! however I do not give you how to solve it fairly!

  • So you want to turn every Killer into a Bubba?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    So you want to turn every Killer into a Bubba?

    Yes!! Chain saws for for every killer. And let's up the huntress to 4.6 ms and give freddy a blink carge!

  • So, if the killer decides to camp the first hooked survivor game is over for him and for the other players.

    Terrible idea. No, thank you.

  • @nutmilk420 said:

    I know it's a common tactic to fake an unhook take a hit then save, but suvivors know they can cancel the killers grab animation if they stop the interaction quick enough then get an easy save and its getting a little ridiculous.

    I think the unhook hook animation should be locked thus making survivors be more tactical and commit to there hook rescues. In return Protection hits could be changed to count when your in radius of a hooked survivor.

    I will agree it is frustrating when this happens to me. Especially when 3 survivors are all doing it.

  • @nutmilk420 said:

    I know it's a common tactic to fake an unhook take a hit then save, but suvivors know they can cancel the killers grab animation if they stop the interaction quick enough then get an easy save and its getting a little ridiculous.

    I think the unhook hook animation should be locked thus making survivors be more tactical and commit to there hook rescues. In return Protection hits could be changed to count when your in radius of a hooked survivor.

    Well they updated that with today's roll out I think...when killer attempts to grab survivor but request is refused (because survivor stopped performing action) it automatically registers as a hit instead

  • @PalletsAndHooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/269126/unhook-animation-should-be-locked

    Well they updated that with today's roll out I think...when killer attempts to grab survivor but request is refused (because survivor stopped performing action) it automatically registers as a hit instead

    if it is true, it is a very good thing! I affirm it as a survivor!

  • @Morpheus_7_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2390569#Comment_2390569

    if it is true, it is a very good thing! I affirm it as a survivor!

    Check " bug fixes list " found way down on the full list. Steam has the list easily accessible from the game and store page.

  • This would be a huge buff for facecamping. You'd need coordinated survivors bodyblocking the killer from grabbing the survivor that is unhooking. If only one person went for the save, they'd be completely powerless.

  • @Pepsidot said:

    This would be a huge buff for facecamping. You'd need coordinated survivors bodyblocking the killer from grabbing the survivor that is unhooking. If only one person went for the save, they'd be completely powerless.

    not necessarily! if the server recognizes the hit, you have time to save and escape. otherwise you'll be there to do take-and-put forever!

  • @xenotimebong said:

    I don’t see what problem this is intended to address. If you know they’re faking, you just have to call their bluff and wait for them to commit. The survivor on the hook is on a timer, they have to commit at some point.

    But when you do that, it cancels the grab anyway.

  • It cancels the grab when the survivor has already let go on their side, which means they didn’t commit to the unhook.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2390619#Comment_2390619

    It cancels the grab when the survivor has already let go on their side, which means they didn’t commit to the unhook.

    No, I mean when it shows the grab animation for a second, but the game says you interrupted them too late or something, takes it away, and gives them a free unhook.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2390628#Comment_2390628

    No, I mean when it shows the grab animation for a second, but the game says you interrupted them too late or something, takes it away, and gives them a free unhook.

    You mean you start to grab them, stop, and they continue the unhook prompt uninterrupted? Can’t say I’ve ever seen that happen in over 2000 hours. Sounds like maybe an issue with your connection, or the servers.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2390632#Comment_2390632

    You mean you start to grab them, stop, and they continue the unhook prompt uninterrupted? Can’t say I’ve ever seen that happen in over 2000 hours. Sounds like maybe an issue with your connection, or the servers.

    I think he's referring to where the game cancels your grab like in some cases happens at locker.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    So, if the killer decides to camp the first hooked survivor game is over for him and for the other players.

    Terrible idea. No, thank you.

    No not at all there's many options

    Like Have a team take a protection hit while you save or wait for the killer to hit you while getting a protection score then unhook while he whipes his weapon also if the killers camping it means you can easily rush the first 3 gens so idk how this throws the round for anybody? All camping dose is hurt the killer and make for a boring game. But its not op by anymeans. Also pepole would less likely be slugged by the hook plus there's plenty of opertunity to pull off a save while the killers distracted grabbing someone. It literally only effects survivors who make bad dessions..

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2390632#Comment_2390632

    You mean you start to grab them, stop, and they continue the unhook prompt uninterrupted? Can’t say I’ve ever seen that happen in over 2000 hours. Sounds like maybe an issue with your connection, or the servers.

    No they cancel the unook animation in turn canceling ur grab animation. Then someone else runs up and saves well the other guys canceling grab animations an taking no damage. this happens all the time in my over 3000 hours.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2390619#Comment_2390619

    It cancels the grab when the survivor has already let go on their side, which means they didn’t commit to the unhook.

    They committed when they started unhooking in the first place.