Something needs to be done about DCing to give player hatch

Aside from the standard 3 minute timeout. Been seeing it for a long time now.

Comments

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388905#Comment_2388905

    Well the bleedout timer is still just 4 minutes, except you think of the dribbling until drop and redown. Then yes, that is indeed toxic but will probably never lead to a 4k since the last survivor should've found hatch by then except it is done on top of the hatch.

    But topic of this thread is or atleast should be in my eyes about the simply slug with 4 minute bleed out timer to get the last survivor. And that is just normal gameplay in my eyes just as 3 survivor trying to rescue the 4th at egc. Both sides have the right to play for a clean slate.

    It’s not 4 minutes when you get picked up, downed, picked up, down, etc. It lasts longer than the rest of the match, it’s ridiculous.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2389001#Comment_2389001

    It’s not 4 minutes when you get picked up, downed, picked up, down, etc. It lasts longer than the rest of the match, it’s ridiculous.

    And again yes this is considerably griefing and toxic and if done to the last survivor should open up the possibility to "give up" and drop out of the trial.

    Done in scenario with 2 survivor alive, it should be like in my previous post and never lead to a 4k.

  • @ouroboros_world said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388545#Comment_2388545

    And hiding and avoiding gens camping for hatch for an entire hour is fun and nothing is wrong?

    I do actually think that is just as bad as slugging for 10 minutes as well. :)

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388545#Comment_2388545

    Maybe slow down on the exaggerating and people take you more seriously.

    Bleed out timer is and always was 4 minutes.

    okay I'll stop "exaggerating" so you'll take me more seriously.

    So lets say an average game of DbD last about 10 mins and you slug 1 survivor for 4 minutes while searching for the last survivor when you have no clue where they are. That is nearly half a match left on the ground to bleed out.

    There you go no exaggeration but I highly you will even listen to what I have to say regardless.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2389001#Comment_2389001

    It’s not 4 minutes when you get picked up, downed, picked up, down, etc. It lasts longer than the rest of the match, it’s ridiculous.

    Still that's not holding the game hostage, you want it to end? Refuse to pick up or be picked up. That's like not giving the killer any interaction because you 3gen yourselves and decided to sneak it because 2 of you are left and the killer decided on patrolling gens, not giving you any chance to win. You want it to end? It's your choice to do so, the killer has almost no tools to host a game hostage, other than bodyblocking what most entitled survivors call holding a game hostage is just ending a game in 20 minutes rather than 10 because they want to get all the kills and the survivors are so obstinated in not giving any interaction because they will lose in most of the scenarios.

  • @MrBuffalo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388819#Comment_2388819

    okay I'll stop "exaggerating" so you'll take me more seriously.

    So lets say an average game of DbD last about 10 mins and you slug 1 survivor for 4 minutes while searching for the last survivor when you have no clue where they are. That is nearly half a match left on the ground to bleed out.

    There you go no exaggeration but I highly you will even listen to what I have to say regardless.

    Yeah not really since I am truly a killer main but stopped caring for kills or ranks in my second year since release and purely play for BP and fun.

    So i am not really invested in stories about camping/tunneling or intense slugging/for the 4k. But still don't like such exaggerated statements just to drive a point further.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2389070#Comment_2389070

    Yeah not really since I am truly a killer main but stopped caring for kills or ranks in my second year since release and purely play for BP and fun.

    So i am not really invested in stories about camping/tunneling or intense slugging/for the 4k. But still don't like such exaggerated statements just to drive a point further.

    Then why are you on the forums?

  • For fun and the discussions. My league of legends forum was closed 2 years ago so i can't enjoy toxic people lamenting their "unfair" bans anymore :/

  • @Underwear_guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388722#Comment_2388722

    i guess i can understand if a killer has done everything correctly, get in chases, down survivors, hook and still get denied 4k intentionally they can be upset.

    I dont think it is okay to DC for a friend to escape but DC penalty should be enough. I have never seen it happen in game myself but i only do solo q so maybe with SWF it is more common?

    DCing is typically annoying for everyone, but it's ultimately their choice to waste their time like that. Everyone left in the match before it ends keeps their points and gets a bonus when someone quits like that as compensation, which isn't a whole lot but it's at least something.

    I get being frustrated about it, but I think people are expecting too much beyond what's already in place.

  • @MrBuffalo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2377553#Comment_2377553

    I see nothing wrong with slugging for a 4k like you said HOWEVER killers who slug and leave the downed survivor for legit 10 full minutes and let them bleed out is not playing smart THAT is holding the game hostage.

    Stop with the "Boo hoo killers need to do this" cause there is a massive difference between slugging a survivor, doing a quick sweep of the map to find them then coming back to hook that downed survivor. compared to leaving a survivor downed for 10 full minutes and letting them bleed out.

    AGAIN... if they leave them on the ground it is 4 minutes.... Not saying I agree with it - but don't exaggerate for effect.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2389120#Comment_2389120

    For fun and the discussions. My league of legends forum was closed 2 years ago so i can't enjoy toxic people lamenting their "unfair" bans anymore :/

    Ah man I feel ya....Im sorry for your loss :(

  • Yea it's called hooking the 3rd person and not being a crybaby.

  • @megaweenieman said:

    Aside from the standard 3 minute timeout. Been seeing it for a long time now.

    Be a good killer and know the maps. Hatches have some predictable spawn spots, which survivors are privy to as well. If you're trying to slug and you didn't put yourself in a position of logisitcal advantage, you already were likely going to lose the trial anyways.

    Had the slug crawled around, maybe you might have had time and found the hatch and/or final survivor, but there was no guarantee that was gonna happen anyways.

  • The dc penalty shoulda came back with this update. I've had zero crashes so far at least.


    I have myself dced to make a prick killer lose a survivor and help my friends, its gross but bhvr is like "ye go ahead" soo

  • XD hahahahaha Okay I didn't expect that kind of response. 😂

    I expected more of a looking down on me for finding entertainment in this kind of crooked way.

  • I may be in the minority here, but I think Hatch shouldn't even spawn if you're stomping the Survivors. They shouldn't get a pity escape for their team dying

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2390603#Comment_2390603

    XD hahahahaha Okay I didn't expect that kind of response. 😂

    I expected more of a looking down on me for finding entertainment in this kind of crooked way.

    I would never look down on someone who loves seeing the ######### show that is the DbD forums. The ######### that gets posted here is great.

  • Is this common, really?

    I would never DC, lose all my points and depip so that someone else would get 7000 points. Sounds weird

  • @Aquamarine said:

    Is this common, really?

    I would never DC, lose all my points and depip so that someone else would get 7000 points. Sounds weird

    How long have you been playing? I see it a ton. If survivors are at a disadvantage the second to last will dc to let the last get hatch when they know where it is

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    I may be in the minority here, but I think Hatch shouldn't even spawn if you're stomping the Survivors. They shouldn't get a pity escape for their team dying

    Just be aware that if there wasn’t a hatch play potential then I’m sure many people would play a lot more immersed because there is no real point trying to try.

  • They should just have sacrifice animation, like the EGC one, whenever someone DCs. Hatch can open after the animation just like if someone were to be sacrificed on a hook. That gives killer time to run to the hatch and stop the other survivor rather than it just instantly opening. Instantly open should be saved for moris/bleed out since that is killers choice to skip sacrifice animation.

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2391437#Comment_2391437

    Just be aware that if there wasn’t a hatch play potential then I’m sure many people would play a lot more immersed because there is no real point trying to try.

    Fair enough, maybe some tweaks would be needed for my idea to be more balanced

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2377938#Comment_2377938

    You know what, just add a 20-minute match limit. It works for Friday the 13th.

    The map is also huge in Friday 13th and you can beat the Killer with weapons.

1 2 3 ›