People making quick decisions and opinions about stuff way too easy, why?
We all know that gaming has changed in the past few days. We had less games and therefore less things to compare or find a replacement for. Nowdays ppl make quick opinions about stuff and things like abilites, outfits or even entire games are beeing critized very easily.
Best example Black ops 4 zombies, it had a rough start due to alot crashes and other performence issues. It came to the point where ppl just started hating on it and not playing it anymore, now bo4 zombies has the reputation as the "worst" zombie mode. Infact the gameplay itsself is very refreshing and fun and probably the best zombie mode, but since ppl remember the rough start they will just not think about it that way.
Why do I tell you guys that? Well we have the same going on here in Dbd.
We had some rough chapters such as old Legion, Twins or other broken midchapter patches. It took a while to fix these problems and ppl will ofc focus on these negativities. Alot of ppl think that Twins is a "bad" Killer and say it is one of the worst chapters in the game, which is in my opinion very questionable. The Killer is very well designed with a very clear goal. Mechanicly Twins is problably the best designed Killer ingame with a very balanced power. Yes a big argument is that Twins is a very slug heavy Killer, and now what? Same as Oni or Nurse, why are ppl not complaining aoub tthem? Then also visually the Killer looks very nice and creepy, also the perks for both sides are very interesting and fun. Especially Elodie's Deception is a very fun and actually suprisingly strong perk. This perk has a very high versitile useage but many ppl dont just see it or overlook it.
Same goes to the Resident Evil chapter. I agree that the map is just a hot burning dumbster fire but besides that Nemesis is a very cool and interesting Killer with a refreshing way to play against him. Yes he is kind of simiular to Pyramid but yet still DIFFERENT. Same goes to the perks, all of the new perks of Nemesis and the survivors are very unique, interesting and offer alot of fun and interesting new playstyles. But yet ppl still claim this Chapter to be "the worst" or " very bad".
Thats why here again, ppl these days just overlook very easily things and close their eyes to the awsome new ways and possibilites the new updates offer to us. It is very sad and I wish ppl would start to view things more detailed and make their own opnions based on their own experience and not just go along with other ppls opinion without questioning it.
Why are you like this? Not everyone but I see alot of ppl writing posts or discussing in Twitter about certaign chapters beeing bad for no real reasons...
Comments
The RE chapter is considered the worst because of it's many issues with optimization.
Old gen console players experience wasn't so great for 6 weeks and still counting. The map was disabled at the beginning for 2 weeks and we still can't even play on it wilingly (not like people want to play on it anyways!).
Don't start me on the set fiasco with Jill's basic hair STILL costing the same amount of money for a full set.
-----
Just because there are few good things doesn't mean we should overlook the bad things and vice verse. Is it cool that RE is in dbd? Obviously! It's amazing. Should have the update be handled better? Yes it should've had!
And because there isn't a similiar game at the moment (that is doing well), you can only relate the DLC releases to... previous ones.
I agree that there has been problems with the RE chapter which cant be just put into a simple "sorry". However I am sure that these things will be like always solved in the future (no one knows how long). The thing is that ppl often tempt to keep that opinion for a very very long time.
I mean twins chapter as a whole is still viewed as one of the worst chapters, even though almost all bugs and problems has been fixed now.
Well I just straight disagree with you on multiple points. I'd argue twins are one the worst designed killers in the game when fun is taken into consideration instead of just effectiveness. They're design is fine but that also matters extremely little to me, killer could be a stick figure for all I care as long as the power is fun to use and face. I've seen very little people enjoy facing or even really playing nemesis without rose colored glasses of nostalgia for the series, I dont think he's the worst killer by any means but he's certainly not even top 10 of killers id like to go against.
I'll admit the addition of AI helpers was a neat concept but from my experience of playing as him for a full day when he launched and against him since he launched the zombies are dumb as a bricks and are only threats when you literally can't get around them, and his own power is just 2 different powers but worse(plague and Pyramid head). Which leaves you with a killer that feels oppressive in chase but has a very slow time to down due to having to hit a survivor three times if you want to use his power at all while also having mediocre map pressure when he gets a map that actually suits his zombies well and awful map pressure on open maps you get an overall meh killer. Not too mention how weird and buggy his tentacle strike is.
His perks are fine lethal pursuer is nice but hysteria is terrible and eruption is okay under certain circumstances, they kinda balance each other out to just being okay overall. Survivor perk wise ill admit was pretty good with a decent variety of certainly not meta but fun perks which id argue is way more important.
Not too mention the host of new bugs that came with chapter release from clown and his bugged bottles and blight not being able to rush sometimes after a stun. Plus the obvious of the massive performance issues for many last gen consoles which is a large amount of the playerbase and to add salt into the wound they almost completely reused the event from last year with extremely minute and ultimately inconsequential differences, the extra bp is nice I guess but not worth the massive bump in toxicity it caused.
With the RE chapter being, IMHO, an absolute disaster overall coupled with all-kill and binding of kin being lackluster to downright awful chapters as well I honestly don't see how anyone can defend bhvr at this point.
You get one First Impression. You blow it (or in DBDs case, you constantly blow it as every chapter seems to release as a dumpster fire), that's going to be the impression that sticks with the majority of your consumer base.
I see, well these are just 2 different opinions going around but I like how detailed you could explain everything, thanks for sharing your thoughts like that. Its rare to see that kind of ppl, most ppl just hate it and dont give an reason why.
Ye I kind of agree but also many ppl will miss out alot of great things like that.
Absolutely, im glad that although we certainly differ, we can at least respect each others opinions even if we disagree. After all I can absolutely see the dangers of just pandering to your playerbase and unnecessary hate mobs, plus people can get pretty heated and say some pretty awful things when discussing these topics.
Yes, well I often make discussions with pretty "hot" topics, its not rare that the majorety starts to meme at me or make fun of my view but I am someone whos not really getting effected by that, I dont really care but I respect ppl who can stand their point and talk about at a neutral and mature level.
"The Killer is very well designed with a very clear goal. Mechanicly Twins is problably the best designed Killer ingame with a very balanced power. Yes a big argument is that Twins is a very slug heavy Killer, and now what? Same as Oni or Nurse, why are ppl not complaining aoub tthem?"
I mean, neither Nurse nor Oni have a very fast projectile with the hitbox-size of a Truck to down you.
I'd argue that simply the point that you were able to block survivors for an extended time with Charlotte while you ran around with Victor or block both entries to a building with Charlotte in one door and Victor is the other made them badly designed. As far as I know Charlotte loses collision now so they fixed it now but that took some time. There is also a lot that I could say about there general design, lore etc but that is subjective.
You are arguing that people are not willing to give something time, but imo that only applies about getting used to it, not about bugs. It sucks that people always claim the new killer is weak (or op) on the first day of ptb without getting used to them, but that is not the same as complaining about bugs, because bugs are not something the players need to get used to it's something that needs to be fixed. And when it takes weeks or even months for things to finally work like they are supposed to, people will feel negative towards it even if it turns out okay in the end because it should have been working from the beginning.
Ye you got a point but in the other hand, ppl still demand for more and that is a vicious cycle you know. The devs need to make quickly new characters and also work on the older characters to fix them.
Some people just want a working game on the platform it is available on.
I dunno about you but if the game doesn't work it is not a "small" issue.
I'm 100% sure that nobody would complain if they skipped one chapter just to optimize the whole game. Or atleast improve the health of it.
I completely disagree about the Twins, I think they’re the worst designed killer in the history of DBD. They were extremely exploitable when they launched - survivors could take Victor hostage for the whole game, Victor couldn’t do anything about lockers, Victor could camp hooks extremely easily, Charlotte could block basement stairs… you get the idea, and the fact that none of this was anticipated before their launch is pretty amazing and sad honestly.
But they’re not much better now even after those issues were resolved, frankly. Now you have a 150% movement speed stealth killer with a fast charged ranged attack that can hit over pallets and windows, but can’t hook you. How does that sound like a good time for anyone? Victor has a long cooldown after a hit, which feels bad for the killer, but basically no downtime once he’s destroyed, so kicking him is almost pointless. Switching between C and V feels slow and terrible for the killer. For the survivor, you literally can’t lose him when you’re injured and you basically can’t loop him, so you just have to hope he misses his pounce but doesn’t fly too far away from you, so you can kick him. But then he just respawns in a couple of seconds and chases you down again.
It’s like old Legion levels of bad design. The concept sounded so cool to me at first and I think their visual design is super creepy and great, but the power design is hot garbage.
Well from the survivors point of view yes but same goes to spirit, some Killers have a very rough gameplay for the other end but from the Killer's perspective Twins is amazing. You have a very strategic Killer with a good chasing ability and also a very nice anti loop ability which also requires skill to use. Victor feels strong but you have the downside of wasting alot of time for hooking which requires you to plan way more how and where you position charlotte, you cant just play mainly as Victor and let Charlotte run behind, you have to think with both killers and play very smart and strategicly which is just very nice game design imo.