Tricksters running TInkerer

I just wonder why, ran into a lot of them, but the perk doesnt hide you at all due to the lullaby giving away your location.


So im kinda confused why they would run it over something else that helps with gens, cause basically youre running half of a perk.

Comments

  • I think 80% of people taking tinkerer use it for the 70%, the stealth is more of a bonus.

  • To be fair, the game doesn't tell you that Trickster has a Lullaby.

    Many people don't know he has one.

  • It's a pretty meh perk on him and Huntress. They're 110s, so the least able to react to the information given, and they can't stealth with it either. But at least Huntress can cross-map snipe with it.

    I'd imagine those players are just running it because Tinkerer = strong perk and strong perk = use, without any mind to synergy.

  • @WTBacon said:

    To be fair, the game doesn't tell you that Trickster has a Lullaby.

    Many people don't know he has one.

    he does?!!?!? #########

  • Yeah that weird "music theme" thing he has is actually a Lullaby, not his Terror Radius

  • @Zokenay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2371309#Comment_2371309

    Yeah that weird "music theme" thing he has is actually a Lullaby, not his Terror Radius

    here I was thinking monitor was good. I thought that was his terror radius.. yikes..

  • @lauraa said:

    I think 80% of people taking tinkerer use it for the 70%, the stealth is more of a bonus.

    I mean this perk is extremely good on one shot killers, Myers T3 or Bubba being good examples.

  • @Zokenay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2371309#Comment_2371309

    Yeah that weird "music theme" thing he has is actually a Lullaby, not his Terror Radius

    And here I thought I was crazy. I could have sworn when those strings started it meant he was getting close to you. I guess I was right.

  • I would run it if I could just because of the gen notification.

    Though this may sound dumb but I swear his Lullaby isn't a consistent range. I faced a Trickster the other day and I'm pretty certain he had a lower Lullaby range. Weirdly enough he was also running Monitor.

  • Tinkerer is a great perk to run on him.

    When you hear his 'lullaby' it fades out after 24m and then his actual 'terror radius' begins.

    But Tinkerer cancels this terror radius and therefore when the lullaby fades out, the survivor thinks he's gone away. But in fact he's actually coming towards 24m of you.


    It has got me several grabs and tricksters who use it have spooked me a few times. It tricks the survivor which is good for his name :).

  • @CashelP14 said:

    I would run it if I could just because of the gen notification.

    Though this may sound dumb but I swear his Lullaby isn't a consistent range. I faced a Trickster the other day and I'm pretty certain he had a lower Lullaby range. Weirdly enough he was also running Monitor.

    It's because his lullaby works in a very unconventional way, rather than being a constant theme in a certain radius like huntress' does, it functions via a bell curve. He has no lullaby at all while being within 0-8 meters, it's at medium level while being between 8-16, it reaches its peak volume starting at about 24 meters, goes back to medium starting at 30 meters and is gone starting at 40 meters. I am pretty sure these transitions actually fade in/out hence why monitor usually allows him to get a bit more of a jump on people.

  • @FreddysMixTape said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2371381#Comment_2371381

    It's because his lullaby works in a very unconventional way, rather than being a constant theme in a certain radius like huntress' does, it functions via a bell curve. He has no lullaby at all while being within 0-8 meters, it's at medium level while being between 8-16, it reaches its peak volume starting at about 24 meters, goes back to medium starting at 30 meters and is gone starting at 40 meters. I am pretty sure these transitions actually fade in/out hence why monitor usually allows him to get a bit more of a jump on people.

    It was so confusing. He was literally on the other side of the room on Hawkins from me and I couldn't hear anything. It almost felt like whatever his terror radius was, they added like 8-12 meters of Lullaby on to that.

  • @baseballfan4877 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2371321#Comment_2371321

    here I was thinking monitor was good. I thought that was his terror radius.. yikes..

    wow I had no idea either o.o damn

  • @CashelP14 said:

    I would run it if I could just because of the gen notification.

    Though this may sound dumb but I swear his Lullaby isn't a consistent range. I faced a Trickster the other day and I'm pretty certain he had a lower Lullaby range. Weirdly enough he was also running Monitor.

    Does it work? Can anyone confirm?