Anniversary Event Update

Two words: BLOOD HUNT

https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1417159826254217231?s=20

Starting July 29th, we're having a Blood Hunt!! For people who don't know, this is a 2x BP event!

So far we've hit 9,711,302 Crowns collected. If we hit 10,000,000 then we'll get an extra day for this Blood Hunt!!

Start the countdown, lights camera action, the Blood Hunt begins in 10 days!

Comments

  • Hey and they waited until their (alleged) fix to do it too! That was nice of them to remember that a good chunk of their user base is kind of dead in the water right now :D

  • The cakes the community has earned over the event should be enough. IMO they should cancel the bloodhunt.

  • @CornHub said:

    The cakes the community has earned over the event should be enough. IMO they should cancel the bloodhunt.

    wait you don't want more bloodpoints?

  • @CornHub said:

    The cakes the community has earned over the event should be enough. IMO they should cancel the bloodhunt.

    What the absolute ######### are you talking about?

    More bloodpoints for everyone is MORE BLOODPOINTS FOR EVERYONE

    HOW IS THAT A BAD THING?! DO YOU WANT THE GAME TO BE MORE ######### GRINDIER?

  • This community doesn't need more bloodpoints, anyone who disagrees is just being greedy.

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370938#Comment_2370938

    This community doesn't need more bloodpoints, anyone who disagrees is just being greedy.

    It's a ######### game with a long ass ######### grind, you really think we're being greedy for just wanting to unlock the ######### we already unlocked on Killers and Survivors we want to play? I don't think so.

  • @C3Tooth Can you make a happy spirit playing with her bloodpoints? <3

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370938#Comment_2370938

    This community doesn't need more bloodpoints, anyone who disagrees is just being greedy.

    Excuse me? So a bonus for collecting Crowns in an event based around collecting crowns that the devs are doing voluntarily is bad because you personally feel like the community doesn't need more BP.

    Also, just because you don't need something doesn't mean you shouldn't have it. Using that mentality, you don't need a forums account nor the ability to play this game, so complaining if you can't play the game is greedy.

    If you feel like you don't want the Blood Points, I have great news for you! Don't play the game over the period of time and bam suddenly there's no Blood Hunt!

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370944#Comment_2370944

    Excuse me? So a bonus for collecting Crowns in an event based around collecting crowns that the devs are doing voluntarily is bad because you personally feel like the community doesn't need more BP.

    Also, just because you don't need something doesn't mean you shouldn't have it. Using that mentality, you don't need a forums account nor the ability to play this game, so complaining if you can't play the game is greedy.

    The bp economy will never recover from a bloodhunt immediately after an anniversary event. The way i see it, after the bloodhunt is done its gonna be ultra-rare add-on city for weeks.

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370949#Comment_2370949

    The bp economy will never recover from a bloodhunt immediately after an anniversary event. The way i see it, after the bloodhunt is done its gonna be ultra-rare add-on city for weeks.

    Oh no, players can use rare things in the game! That contains these rare things! What an absolutely catastrophe-

    It also will encourage newer players to keep grinding, help older players with the P350 grind too, and overall will make playing the game even more rewarding.

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370949#Comment_2370949

    The bp economy will never recover from a bloodhunt immediately after an anniversary event. The way i see it, after the bloodhunt is done its gonna be ultra-rare add-on city for weeks.

    What game have you been playing?

    It's been keys and BNPs and Moris and Fragrant Tufts of Hair in Rank 1 for me.

    That has ALWAYS been the case. A Bloodhunt doesn't change that. Because both sides will always bring their best add-ons. You denying this just makes you look like you're just salty you lose to these add-ons and items.

  • A Blood Hunt? Now we are talking.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370953#Comment_2370953

    What game have you been playing?

    It's been keys and BNPs and Moris and Fragrant Tufts of Hair in Rank 1 for me.

    That has ALWAYS been the case. A Bloodhunt doesn't change that. Because both sides will always bring their best add-ons. You denying this just makes you look like you're just salty you lose to these add-ons and items.

    I am salty I lost to OP items that are SUPPOSED to be rare, yet i see them every game on both sides. Many people agree that a bloodhunt just isn't needed right now.

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370959#Comment_2370959

    I am salty I lost to OP items that are SUPPOSED to be rare, yet i see them every game on both sides. Many people agree that a bloodhunt just isn't needed right now.

    "MANY PEOPLE"

    Dude. No one here agrees with you. Everyone wants this bloodhunt. You're the very odd one out.

    And ######### hell, no one thinks these add-ons are rare.

    Everyone most likely has over 10 of each other if they play this game for over 1000 hours. Again, a bloodhunt won't change that.

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370959#Comment_2370959

    I am salty I lost to OP items that are SUPPOSED to be rare, yet i see them every game on both sides. Many people agree that a bloodhunt just isn't needed right now.

    That's not a problem with the bloodpoint economy, that's a problem with those specific add-ons.

  • Well hopefully us console peeps can enjoy this event lag free.

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370949#Comment_2370949

    The bp economy will never recover from a bloodhunt immediately after an anniversary event. The way i see it, after the bloodhunt is done its gonna be ultra-rare add-on city for weeks.

    Oh my god, this could end up triggering a full-blown bloodpoint recession

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370953#Comment_2370953

    Oh my god, this could end up triggering a full-blown bloodpoint recession

    Only if it continues for 2 consecutive quarters

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370949#Comment_2370949

    The bp economy will never recover from a bloodhunt immediately after an anniversary event. The way i see it, after the bloodhunt is done its gonna be ultra-rare add-on city for weeks.

    Who cares about an economy when we can't trade or sale what we're getting with the influx of bp? This ain't diablo, hun. People actually getting enough bp to make headway through the grind is a win, but then again you're probably just post baiting so *shrug*

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370953#Comment_2370953

    Oh my god, this could end up triggering a full-blown bloodpoint recession

    Glad somebody actually sees it my way. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did a reverse bloodhunt so they could retain a stable bp economy.

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370983#Comment_2370983

    Glad somebody actually sees it my way. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did a reverse bloodhunt so they could retain a stable bp economy.

    I hope you know that guy was mocking you.

    Also, thanks for confirming as much that you're baiting.

  • Like I said in a different thread, this is nice but kinda disappointing because the big final reward shouldn’t be something that should have been active from the beginning. Why couldn’t it be something crazy like millions of BP and tens of thousands of shards or enough Auric Cells to get an outfit? It’d definitely help make up for how terrible the event has been. You only get one 5th anniversary after all, don’t let it go down as one of the worst times to play DBD.

  • Meh, was hoping for some better rewards but whatever. A good amount of gifted BP was better, since killer and survivor behavior is just trash during events and bloodhunts.

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370938#Comment_2370938

    This community doesn't need more bloodpoints, anyone who disagrees is just being greedy.

    image.png

    ..

  • But how long will the Blood Hunt last?

    What is the multiplier? Usually its 2x the normal bloodpoints. We had 3x once.

    Wouldn´t it be fitting to give a 5x bonus for the anniversary?!

  • @Tsulan said:

    But how long will the Blood Hunt last?

    What is the multiplier? Usually its 2x the normal bloodpoints. We had 3x once.

    Wouldn´t it be fitting to give a 5x bonus for the anniversary?!

    I don't know on duration but we can assume it's a 2x multiplier. This is because it's a Blood Hunt, while all 1.5x events have been a Blood Rush and the single 3x event we've had was a Blood Feast.

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370983#Comment_2370983

    Glad somebody actually sees it my way. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did a reverse bloodhunt so they could retain a stable bp economy.

    They were mocking you bestie

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2371013#Comment_2371013

    I don't know on duration but we can assume it's a 2x multiplier. This is because it's a Blood Hunt, while all 1.5x events have been a Blood Rush and the single 3x event we've had was a Blood Feast.

    Would have been a nice touch for all the console players that couldn´t play during the event.

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370949#Comment_2370949

    The bp economy will never recover from a bloodhunt immediately after an anniversary event. The way i see it, after the bloodhunt is done its gonna be ultra-rare add-on city for weeks.

    If MMR gets activated then it maybe will not be a big problem. Strong add-ons will boost the player's MMR and in the end the add-ons will not give too much advantage, because the player will face stronger opponents.

    Btw because of this economy balance, my grind rework idea was based on giving perks for free and leaving only items, add-ons and offerings in the bloodweb. More details here:

    @fogdonkey said:

    Idea:

    Make the perks from the base game, the perks from purchased DLCs and the perks bought from the shrine immediately available to all characters. I.e. it is not needed to buy the perks from bloodweb, the perks are immediately available and on max tier.

    Benefits for players:

    - Removes a lot of grind for players who would like to play various characters and perks but don't have a lot of time to grind for getting all the perks from the bloodweb.

    - Prestige will still require grind, so only dedicated players investing a lot of time will be able to get the exclusive prestige skins.

    - Prestige will be more accessible for players who already managed to get a lot of perks for a character and don't want prestige, because they would lose perks.

    - Players still need to buy items, offerings, add-ons from bloodweb, so the current balance is not really going to be affected.

    Benefits for BHVR:

    - People will be more likely to get into the game and buy DLCs. More money for BHVR! (Currently buying a new DLC is a bit discouraging, because players won't be able to fully use/enjoy it until they manage to get most of the perks, which takes a lot of time.)

    - People will be more likely to buy skins, especially survivor skins. More money for BHVR! (Currently why would someone buy a skin for a survivor that they don't play, because has only a few perks unlocked?)

    Other important reasons:

    - Perks differ a lot from items, add-ons and offerings. Once a perk is bought in bloodweb, it can be used forever. However add-ons, offerings and possibly items get lost after the match. So balancing wise (in the long run) it doesn't make sense to sell the perks for bloodpoints (it slows down a bit buying other stuff from bloodweb only until all the perks are unlocked).

    - I guess the grind was not so noticeable earlier when there were less characters and perks. But after 5 years there are a lot of characters and perks, and more will come. With the current system the amount of grind is increasing a lot as new characters and perks are added: the grind is increasing quadratically for new players and increasing linearly for old players. This makes it very hard for new players to get into the game and hard for old players to stay in it. (This means that it is roughly 4 times harder for new players currently compared to what it was when there were half as many characters).

    Further work:

    My suggestion fixes the grind issue but there are still various other improvements that could be done. Let's don't discuss them too much in this topic, because it is not the main message of my post.

    Some ideas for further improvements:

    - Adding more ways for hardcore gamers to show off their dedication (more special exclusive skins, badges that show up next to their name, toplists, etc.).

    - Possibly making prestige harder since my suggestion makes it a bit more accessible.

    - Balancing the prices in bloodweb, possibly making the nodes more expensive so that players can't use the best add-ons, items, offerings in the matches all the time. Possibly removing the bloodpoint effect from BBQ or WGLF as part of this balancing.


  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370959#Comment_2370959

    I am salty I lost to OP items that are SUPPOSED to be rare, yet i see them every game on both sides. Many people agree that a bloodhunt just isn't needed right now.

    You may already unlock all characters, prestige them all, unlock all perks on each of them. Doesnt mean other people, especially new players already achieve it.

    This game can only able to enjoy when people are free to choose perk builds, which requires half a decade to unlock them all.

    People put 5.000.000 BP into a single character not because they grind for good add-on, its for perks.

  • this is wonderful!!

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370949#Comment_2370949

    The bp economy will never recover from a bloodhunt immediately after an anniversary event. The way i see it, after the bloodhunt is done its gonna be ultra-rare add-on city for weeks.

    It'll be nice for those of us who haven't played this game for more than a year. We're so behind compared to those since day 1. And it's frustrating sometimes to be running the weakest builds. And all I want is every character and perk unlocked so I can start the grind for getting the perks on the characters I want. That's all I want to do. So more BP just helps a lot of us out. But I get what you're saying don't get me wrong. It helps those at the bottom but also at those at the top. Unfortunate I'll be working Thursday so I wont have tons of time to benefit from it. #work #kids #spouse #adulting lol xD

    So for all you lazy kids out there enjoy!

  • @Ruma said:

    @C3Tooth Can you make a happy spirit playing with her bloodpoints? <3

    I just realized I missed 5th anniversary art contest loooooong time ago. Sad

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2371013#Comment_2371013

    I don't know on duration but we can assume it's a 2x multiplier. This is because it's a Blood Hunt, while all 1.5x events have been a Blood Rush and the single 3x event we've had was a Blood Feast.

    4 days but if we open enough crowns, 1 more day

  • I'm sad that the bloodhunt is starting a few days after I move to Omaha but at least console players will get the bloodhunt as a sort of compensation.

    I hope all of you do your best to find those crowns so the bloodhunt can last longer!

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370938#Comment_2370938

    This community doesn't need more bloodpoints, anyone who disagrees is just being greedy.

    What a 🤡

  • @CornHub said:

    The cakes the community has earned over the event should be enough. IMO they should cancel the bloodhunt.

    02A01FC9-131C-4785-AC6F-7D176ADEC413.png

    What...how in.....you don't want more blood points in a game where the grind is atrocious?

    Am I reading this right?

  • Yay!

    Bloodpoints shall pour like rain, and killers shall bring the pain!

    G6zC.gif


    I'm not a survivor...so I guess they'll just ...

    fa18c863cb2625f567aa762ecdb3ac1a.gif


    At the Exit Gate.

  • I'm farming with all the survivors until I get 1,000,000. Then I'm saving for the next chapter

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370938#Comment_2370938

    This community doesn't need more bloodpoints, anyone who disagrees is just being greedy.

    You should show your commitment to your stance by wasting all your bloodpoints on every single brown bloodpoint offering you come across until you don't have enough bloodpoints to buy anything while also avoiding every single perk that shows up in a bloodweb. FINANCIAL RUIN FOR THE GREATER GOOD

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370944#Comment_2370944

    You should show your commitment to your stance by wasting all your bloodpoints on every single brown bloodpoint offering you come across until you don't have enough bloodpoints to buy anything while also avoiding every single perk that shows up in a bloodweb. FINANCIAL RUIN FOR THE GREATER GOOD

    I don't use add-ons in my matches because they make me too reliant. Frankly all i see is a bunch of add-on addicts here.

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2371575#Comment_2371575

    I don't use add-ons in my matches because they make me too reliant. Frankly all i see is a bunch of add-on addicts here.

    i literally play pyramid head add-on-less and just want this event for more offerings but go off

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2371575#Comment_2371575

    I don't use add-ons in my matches because they make me too reliant. Frankly all i see is a bunch of add-on addicts here.

    Odd flex but okay

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2371575#Comment_2371575

    I don't use add-ons in my matches because they make me too reliant. Frankly all i see is a bunch of add-on addicts here.

    I didn't say anything about add-ons.

  • I'm perplexed ... it's an event! what problem can that be?

  • question: what's the problem with add-ons?

  • @Morpheus_7_ said:

    question: what's the problem with add-ons?

    honestly nobody knows but blood hunt op i guess

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370949#Comment_2370949

    The bp economy will never recover from a bloodhunt immediately after an anniversary event. The way i see it, after the bloodhunt is done its gonna be ultra-rare add-on city for weeks.

    Do you play this game at any ranks above 9?

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    I'm farming with all the survivors until I get 1,000,000. Then I'm saving for the next chapter

    So you're going to play MAYBE 2 trials a day?

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    Well hopefully us console peeps can enjoy this event lag free.

    I know, right? DbD decided to not properly load in the sparkle glitter assets last night and I had a trial where the game stuttered heavily every time a sparkling survivor entered my FoV.

    The definition of event-induced lag.

‹ 1 2