Dead hard is the literal definition of a Crutch Perk

Did the killer catch you in the open by their own game knowledge and you would be dead otherwise? Just press E and have an i-frame to make it to the next loop.

Did the killer red light mind game you at a pallet and there's no way to recover from the distance the killer has gained towards you? Just press E to instantly dodge their swing and be safe at the pallet.

This perk is the literal definition of a crutch, a way to fix a mistake you made on your own accord and completely negate all mind game from the killers side.

And the excuse of "wait it out" is complete and utter BS when this perk is used for the distance instead of the damage 80% of the time by better players. Can't wait until BHVR puts this perk in the trash where it belongs, zero mind game or counters for free invincibility and distance because you played badly and got injured.

Comments

  • Isn’t that the point of equipping perks so they can help you.

  • Sorry, but, if you say DH is unbestable you... are just not that good.

    Just, please tell me you never advised anyone to 'just bring X perk to counter (a specific killer/something a killer does)

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    Sorry, but, if you say DH is unbestable you... are just not that good.

    Just, please tell me you never advised anyone to 'just bring X perk to counter (a specific killer/something a killer does)

    No because having to use specific perks against specific killer is just bad game design.

  • @th3 said:

    Isn’t that the point of equipping perks so they can help you.

    Yeah except when I see every survivor using it and it literally being a free health state.

  • @Gaffy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2354926#Comment_2354926

    No because having to use specific perks against specific killer is just bad game design.

    good.


    But as for dead hard: It's annoying but it's not really bad enough to be called a crutch. It's a slotwaster, though

  • @Gaffy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2354924#Comment_2354924

    Yeah except when I see every survivor using it and it literally being a free health state.

    Well seems like majority of survivor perks are just bad so that’s why you see Dead hard on every single person. Exhaustion perks will always compete with each other for survivors just like certain perks will always compete with each other for killers.

  • it gives the least amount of distance out of all the exhaustion perks in the game. I can't see the issue with it. It feels bad because it's used in your face but that's it.

  • @gendoss said:

    NOED.

    Yeah just immediately change the conversation, typical surv bs to ignore blatant problems with perk design.

  • @Gaffy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2354938#Comment_2354938

    Yeah just immediately change the conversation, typical surv bs to ignore blatant problems with perk design.

    I'm not ignoring blatant problems with perk design I'm calling out NOED man

  • Here's my copypaste reply to every DH thread:

    DH for distance is fine as long as bloodlust is in the game. Remove bloodlust and we can talk about it

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2354970#Comment_2354970

    I'm not ignoring blatant problems with perk design I'm calling out NOED man

    Yeah but we are talking about dead hard, stop changing the conversation because you think that dead hard is fine as it is. Don't bring "whataboutism" to my threads and expect me to not see what you are doing.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2354926#Comment_2354926

    Top killers say it's unbaitable when used for distance in a loop.

    Are you telling me your more knowledgeable than someone like Otz (7k hours) in the game.

    Please tell me your joking, or are just a troll.

    If not, please reconsider some life choices.

    However:

    I'm not just gonna repeat words with no backing, ill give you a fairly simple scenario.

    You, as the killer, are chasing an injured survivor to an LT wall. Your just about to catch them, however due to an earlier chase you know they have DH. Now your playing wraith ( a character with a simple bait mechanic (hitting the bell)). So you can either:

    1) bait dead hard, they use it, reach the window and extend the chase

    Or

    2) don't bait dead hard, swing and they reach the window because they used it either way.

    What counterplay is there?

    I'd love for you to tell me.

    top killers also think that slugging, camping and tunneling are legit tactics. Top killer are saying ruin/corrupt is a great combo. Top killers play deathslinger with M&A, stbfl and double reload addons. what's your argument here?

    so, it's 'unbaitable'? how come I've seen streamers throughout ALL ranks being able to predict when a DH will be used when they're chasing a survivor?

  • @Gaffy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2354938#Comment_2354938

    Yeah just immediately change the conversation, typical surv bs to ignore blatant problems with perk design.

    Typical survivor bourgeoisie, am I right?

  • @Gaffy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2354972#Comment_2354972

    Yeah but we are talking about dead hard, stop changing the conversation because you think that dead hard is fine as it is. Don't bring "whataboutism" to my threads and expect me to not see what you are doing.

    You were the one who responded to it lol. By calling it out you just changed the subject of the thread.

  • @gendoss said:

    NOED.

    You are comparing a weak perk that may not even activate with a perk that by pressing a key, you can lengthen the duration of a chase by more than a minute.

    You are the definition of a baby main survivor.

  • Not when they use it for distance to make it to a pallet. Its a literal uncounterable play. Say your both running to a pallet and the survivor misjudged how far the pallet was so you hit them here right? Nope E to the pallet they are invincible so theres nothing you could do and they just instadrop. Now thats at minimum 20 seconds added to chase because of pressing E.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2354977#Comment_2354977

    Top survivors also say dead hard is unbaitable.

    If you want I can pull up some clips of it, it would take me like 5 mins searching to get 4 or 5 top survivors saying this.

    Slugging and Tunneling are strategies, camping is only a strategy if survivors play into it otherwise it's counterintuitive as most top killers think and I'll go through point by point why all 3 of these can be strategies if you want.

    Ruin corrupt is a great combo, it slows down the gens which are extremely quick btw. Killers need slowdown, and this is a good combo. Better yet ruin PGTW.

    Most top killers think deathslinger is ######### btw. He has no map pressure so against good survivors he sucks. Also watch otz's 50 win streak. He shows you his perks. And doesn't use add-ons.

    Nice straw-manning btw, you still haven't answered my scenario. How do you bait it out in the given scenario in my last post, I'll wait for your answer.

    A legitimate counter to that argument is that there are lots of killers whose power straight up ignore Dead Hard. There are a lot of killers who can't do anything about it but all of the best killers (except for Nurse) can counter it in one way or another.

    Spirit is completely invisible and Dead Harding her in phase is almost impossible and is based on an extremely hard guess. Pyramid Head's shockwave can be longer than DH. Deathslinger's shot is kind of like Spirit's phase because it's extremely hard to predict and very sudden. DH will do nothing against Hag when she has multiple traps in the area. As there are killers who legitimately can't counter DH all of the best ones can and that's why I don't think that it's as good as everyone says.

  • Okay, so? Ruin, pop, tinkerer, NOED are also crutch perks. Are you complaining about them?

  • Devs should buff other survivor perks to be more than just a part of a meme build. Otherwise survivors are just going to use the same perks.

    Also how would you nerf dead hard without killing it?

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2354998#Comment_2354998

    Just because there are some killers that can counter it doesn't mean it's not broken.

    Deathslinger is easy to DH, I do it quite often.

    With PH you dead hard to the side, not straight.

    Hag I agree, but most hags good hags don't trap next to each other. They spread out traps to create deadzones where if you enter that you only trigger one at a time and therefore they're optimally used.

    You just said that you're using top players as your reference but then you use something anecdotal like "I can Dead Hard Deathslinger all the time". Just because you can DH bad Deathslingers doesn't make his shot not come out in like literally half a second.

    Also a good Pyramid Head will only use his shockwave attack when you're vaulting a window or pallet making Dead Hard completely useless.

    I can also name like 10 more killers who can counter DH in one way or another like Doctor who stops survivors from vaulting completely and Demogorgon whose shred is wayyyyy longer than DH.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2354977#Comment_2354977

    Top survivors also say dead hard is unbaitable.

    If you want I can pull up some clips of it, it would take me like 5 mins searching to get 4 or 5 top survivors saying this.

    Slugging and Tunneling are strategies, camping is only a strategy if survivors play into it otherwise it's counterintuitive as most top killers think and I'll go through point by point why all 3 of these can be strategies if you want.

    Ruin corrupt is a great combo, it slows down the gens which are extremely quick btw. Killers need slowdown, and this is a good combo. Better yet ruin PGTW.

    Most top killers think deathslinger is ######### btw. He has no map pressure so against good survivors he sucks. Also watch otz's 50 win streak. He shows you his perks. And doesn't use add-ons.

    Nice straw-manning btw, you still haven't answered my scenario. How do you bait it out in the given scenario in my last post, I'll wait for your answer.

    you really want an answer to that scenario?

    break off the chase.

    either i find someone else, or the person I chased will

    1. use their ds thinking I'm doing something else (successful bait, because many don't expect the killer to break a chase off) allowing me to turn and smack them
    2. in some cases actually come after me because they feel insulted that they didn't get to 'outwit' me with DS (there's threads about people complaining killers breaking off chases)
    3. just run around doing nothing worthwhile because they don't know what to do with themself now.

    DH is not unbestable (wait, did you think I wrote 'unbaitable'? good gracious) people just need to stop thinking the way otz, tru3, scott etc play is the ONE TRUE AND ONLY WAY!


    also, adorable use of buzzwords there. pointless, but nice showing you know some bigger words, even if you use them entirely wrong.

    And lovely to see how SUDDENLY you do say some killers can counter/bait it. I thought that was ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE OTZ SAID SO!

    @WexlerWendigo said:

    Okay, so? Ruin, pop, tinkerer, NOED are also crutch perks. Are you complaining about them?

    threads like this are a dime a dozen on this forum, and all boil down to people thinking there's just 1 (one) way of playing the game, and get upset when something takes away their iWin button.

    I mean, there's people that call Kindred cheating and unfair because it kind of counters camping. Kind of.

  • ermm ok, what is the definition of a "crutch" perk?

  • @nursewannabe said:

    Here's my copypaste reply to every DH thread:

    DH for distance is fine as long as bloodlust is in the game. Remove bloodlust and we can talk about it

    Whats funny about that, is that I get bloodlust mostly because DH was in play during that chase

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2354970#Comment_2354970

    I'm not ignoring blatant problems with perk design I'm calling out NOED man

    While NOED can be considered a second chance perk, it can be easily removed or prevented from ever coming into play. Dead Hard cannot.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2354972#Comment_2354972

    While NOED can be considered a second chance perk, it can be easily removed or prevented from ever coming into play. Dead Hard cannot.

    Exhaustion status add ons and exhaustion status perks exist.

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2354970#Comment_2354970

    I'm not ignoring blatant problems with perk design I'm calling out NOED man

    NOED is just the killers version of the hatch, only the need to use a perk for it.. you get your pity win chance every game for free.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2354972#Comment_2354972

    NOED is just the killers version of the hatch, only the need to use a perk for it.. you get your pity win chance every game for free.

    I think the hatch should be removed, it's a dumb mechanic.

  • i kinda would like for Coup de Grâce to give tokens upon hooking survivors so you could gave more than 5 and you could use it to counter Dead Hard. What about this buff ? :)

  • @Jago said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2355030#Comment_2355030

    Exhaustion status add ons and exhaustion status perks exist.

    I just did a quick search and the only killers that have these add-ons are Huntress and Pig. I’m pretty sure the Devs are working to remove a killers ability to affect exhaustion.

    The only perks listed that affect exhaustion are survivor perks.

  • @Gaffy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2354924#Comment_2354924

    Yeah except when I see every survivor using it and it literally being a free health state.

    If timed right.

    I see many people Dead Head into walls, or then instantly double back after the Dead Hard and run right into me anyway. Those cases buy them literally 2 seconds before they go down anyway.

    That's how DH isn't a 'crutch' perk, it requires skill to pull it off. It doesn't matter how much skill that is, even if it's "so easy" to time it right (for you) it's still a skill that needs to be learned.

    Cutch perks are things like Technician and Rookie Spirit, which literally eliminate a penalty for failing.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2355041#Comment_2355041

    I just did a quick search and the only killers that have these add-ons are Huntress and Pig. I’m pretty sure the Devs are working to remove a killers ability to affect exhaustion.

    The only perks listed that affect exhaustion are survivor perks.

    Mindbreaker

    Blood Echo

    You're welcome.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2355041#Comment_2355041

    I just did a quick search and the only killers that have these add-ons are Huntress and Pig. I’m pretty sure the Devs are working to remove a killers ability to affect exhaustion.

    The only perks listed that affect exhaustion are survivor perks.

    Blood Echo and Mindbreaker would like a word with you...

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2355041#Comment_2355041

    I just did a quick search and the only killers that have these add-ons are Huntress and Pig. I’m pretty sure the Devs are working to remove a killers ability to affect exhaustion.

    The only perks listed that affect exhaustion are survivor perks.

    I dont know, Blood Echo applies exhaustion on survivors.

  • Crutch perk? I've never had to use Dead Hard or rely on it or feel the need for it. Probably makes me actually worse at looping...It's there to help survivors who struggle to loop. Just like how Tinkerer is there to help Killers pressure gens. Pointless debate/statement. Not to mention things like Mindbreaker & Blood Echo exist on top of exhaustion addons...

  • @Jago said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2355068#Comment_2355068

    I dont know, Blood Echo applies exhaustion on survivors.

    Yes, someone pointed that out for me. Still, the killer has to chase, down, carry and hook the survivor in order for it to work and also has to have the other survivors injured.

    What do survivors have to do to earn Dead Hard?

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2355090#Comment_2355090

    Yes, someone pointed that out for me. Still, the killer has to chase, down, carry and hook the survivor in order for it to work and also has to have the other survivors injured.

    What do survivors have to do to earn Dead Hard?

    I mean with that argument what do you have to do to earn Sprint Burst, Prove Thyself, Iron Will, NOED, Mindbreaker, Blood Warden, etc? Just because a perk doesn't have some complicated prerequisite doesn't make it overpowered.

  • @ItzPixelYT said:

    Crutch perk? I've never had to use Dead Hard or rely on it or feel the need for it. Probably makes me actually worse at looping...It's there to help survivors who struggle to loop. Just like how Tinkerer is there to help Killers pressure gens. Pointless debate/statement. Not to mention things like Mindbreaker & Blood Echo exist on top of exhaustion addons...

    It can prolong the chase even more if you are good at looping.

    I am not considering dh broken tho. Strong yes, broken no.

  • @gendoss said:

    NOED.

    Can be disabled and not even activate

  • There are many many ways to deal with Dead Hard so that it doesn't even happen in the first place or could be made useless.

  • @gendoss said:

    NOED.

    Sort of, but NOED is also pretty crap. It's the worst of both worlds, it's ridiculously unfair and nearly worthless. Dead Hard, though, is one of the strongest perks in the game.

    I still wish they'd buff the absolute crap out of Coup De Grace so that everyone can know the pain.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2354926#Comment_2354926

    Top killers say it's unbaitable when used for distance in a loop.

    Are you telling me your more knowledgeable than someone like Otz (7k hours) in the game.

    Please tell me your joking, or are just a troll.

    If not, please reconsider some life choices.

    However:

    I'm not just gonna repeat words with no backing, ill give you a fairly simple scenario.

    You, as the killer, are chasing an injured survivor to an LT wall. Your just about to catch them, however due to an earlier chase you know they have DH. Now your playing wraith ( a character with a simple bait mechanic (hitting the bell)). So you can either:

    1) bait dead hard, they use it, reach the window and extend the chase

    Or

    2) don't bait dead hard, swing and they reach the window because they used it either way.

    What counterplay is there?

    I'd love for you to tell me.

    Funny because if you actually watch Otz or any of the biggest streamer/youtuber you'd see they:

    1. Wait to see for DH and most of the time survivor DH into nothing
    2. They can remember what perk each individual survivor have.

    The other exhaustion perk can give you enough distance to get away from a dead zone/go to an other zone, DH can't.


    Hit's are on the killer's side. That mean by the time you see the killer raising his hand for a lunge, on his end he's about to or already hit you. That mean DH is much harder to use to prevent a hit & is more about the distance than anything else. This is also why you get hit even if you stun a killer with a pallet.


    Finally 99% of the player base is not at the skill of competitive/scrim nor they're at the level of streamer/youtuber. That mean the outcome of a match has way more to do with your skill vs the skill of survivor than about the balance, like in any of the more competitive game out there.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2354938#Comment_2354938

    Sort of, but NOED is also pretty crap. It's the worst of both worlds, it's ridiculously unfair and nearly worthless. Dead Hard, though, is one of the strongest perks in the game.

    I still wish they'd buff the absolute crap out of Coup De Grace so that everyone can know the pain.

    Tbf NOED and DH are both literally the third most used perks on both sides so they roughly have the same use rate.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Agree.

    Other people will not agree, but they are wrong

    But what point does it prove lmao. Who cares if it is or isn't? Does insisting that dead hard is a crutch perk suddenly put a curse upon everyone who uses it or something?

  • @nursewannabe said:

    Here's my copypaste reply to every DH thread:

    DH for distance is fine as long as bloodlust is in the game. Remove bloodlust and we can talk about it

    Actually, if the killer downs you with bloodlust means you did well. Also, bloodlust freezes some peoples games, so not good at all for them.

‹ 1 2 3