EXTEND EVENT AND RIFT

Considering the huge issues the game has been thru lately wouldn't it be fair to extend the event and the actual rift?

Many people had to limit their games due to the incredible frame rate drops and, in addition, today lobbies are more than slow.

In the meanwhile the rift (which I personally even paid for) is about to close.

Comments

  • ######### agreed.

    Playing killer on console right now feels like a punishment.

    I want my cakes, but not with my sanity lagging out!

  • "We'll extend it one week. Take it or leave it"

    -BHVR probably

  • @Momentosis said:

    "We'll extend it one week. Take it or leave it"

    -BHVR probably

    .....

    -BHVR

  • No it's,

    "We're ending the rift on the 14th and the event on the 15th but we probably won't be able to put out a proper fix until at least 3 weeks from now.

    -BHVR

  • but they will surely hurry up and comment some unimportant post about some random skin.

  • I think they should pretty much double the event timeframe since consoles arnt getting fixed during it. I'm pc but i dont think its fair to them. RPD hasnt been up since chapter release. Now the servers are crashing. Kind of lame if im being honest. really enjoy most thing coming out just wish the game would work. Whats your thoughts?

  • I've been out of the loop. Is frame rate drop bad on PS4 and Xbox One? My friends have been complaining about it but I have a PS5 with that version of Dead and haven't noticed anything

  • RPD has been re-enabled but I agree with the rest. I’m PC as well and last gen console players deserve better.

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    I've been out of the loop. Is frame rate drop bad on PS4 and Xbox One? My friends have been complaining about it but I have a PS5 with that version of Dead and haven't noticed anything

    It's basically impossible to play competitively when certain killer powers and application of status effects stutter the game hard, and the game also crashes randomly in addition to that.

    Anyway, at this point I'm thinking they don't need to extend the event so much as restart it when they eventually get around to fixing the console issues. Because it's profoundly unfair that several platforms can barely play the game right now, but it doesn't look like these problems are going away any time soon.

  • @GannTM said:

    RPD has been re-enabled but I agree with the rest. I’m PC as well and last gen console players deserve better.

    its not in rotation proper they are still testing stability as far as im aware. The map offering is not playable. Plus I'd like a time where the map is in front of rotation and pops up more like with the previous new maps and reworks.

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    I've been out of the loop. Is frame rate drop bad on PS4 and Xbox One? My friends have been complaining about it but I have a PS5 with that version of Dead and haven't noticed anything

    it is quite terrible, I know they solved it for ps5 but on ps4 is almost unplayable, as a surv you can.manage someway somehow, but as a killer i get frame droos almost every time I try to hit, often even "teleporting" me few feets away...result is that I got much slower in completing challenges and get BP

  • It needs to be extended. Will it? Who knows at this point. Behavior isn't really great at making up for their mistakes, and they aren't getting any better and fixing mistakes either. For years now the developers of this game can not keep it up and running without issue. It's always something whether content is broken, not releasing at the scheduled time, the servers are down, etc. and I doubt it will ever get better. I know things happen, but the fact they are still this bad after 5 years really sends a message.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They should just give some sort of compensation for the affected platforms. However i doubt they would extend the event for everyone though because then other people would get too many event items, and that means less playtime overall

    they extended last years though

  • @kurgan8282 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2344070#Comment_2344070

    it is quite terrible, I know they solved it for ps5 but on ps4 is almost unplayable, as a surv you can.manage someway somehow, but as a killer i get frame droos almost every time I try to hit, often even "teleporting" me few feets away...result is that I got much slower in completing challenges and get BP

    Wow that sucks. I guess the fix was easier for PS5 and Series X but seeing as how not a lot of people have those systems you would think they would focus a bit more on PS4 and Xbox One

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2344070#Comment_2344070

    It's basically impossible to play competitively when certain killer powers and application of status effects stutter the game hard, and the game also crashes randomly in addition to that.

    Anyway, at this point I'm thinking they don't need to extend the event so much as restart it when they eventually get around to fixing the console issues. Because it's profoundly unfair that several platforms can barely play the game right now, but it doesn't look like these problems are going away any time soon.

    or the problems will go away, or players will...I am certainly not going to buy a ps5 rn just to play a 5 years old game.

    What I know for sure is that I will surely keep on playing DBD if it will be possible, but seeing how disrespectful they were to the community, I am completely done buying anything with real money for this game.

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2344087#Comment_2344087

    Wow that sucks. I guess the fix was easier for PS5 and Series X but seeing as how not a lot of people have those systems you would think they would focus a bit more on PS4 and Xbox One

    even if they focused more on new systems (which is even understandable in prospective), let s not forget that ps4 can handle much better (regarding graphics) games than DBD, not saying there can t be an issue, but one ******* month of "investigation" and not even a word regarding a solution seems a bit too much

  • @kurgan8282 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2344102#Comment_2344102

    even if they focused more on new systems (which is even understandable in prospective), let s not forget that ps4 can handle much better (regarding graphics) games than DBD, not saying there can t be an issue, but one ******* month of "investigation" and not even a word regarding a solution seems a bit too much

    Don't know how long you have been in this community but the devs do this a lot. They cannot manage this game to save their life. It has been like this since release. Something is always broken and it takes forever to be fixed with little communication from the devs. Actually the communication part has just gotten worse. But over 5 years time they have not improved in their ability to manage this game whatsoever and that is one of the main reasons why I don't play it as much as I used to

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2344116#Comment_2344116

    Don't know how long you have been in this community but the devs do this a lot. They cannot manage this game to save their life. It has been like this since release. Something is always broken and it takes forever to be fixed with little communication from the devs. Actually the communication part has just gotten worse. But over 5 years time they have not improved in their ability to manage this game whatsoever and that is one of the main reasons why I don't play it as much as I used to

    I play DBD since 2017 so I have seen almost every thing that they broke during this time :))

    Must say many times I got pissed but never to that point, and the lack of communication is what drives me crazy...as I said in an earlier post, if I acted this way with my clients,my business would sink within couple.of.months

  • All it would take to send a message is for everyone in the community to put down this game for some time until the devs can fix it. But if the community keeps allowing them to give us a half-assed job then that is what they will do

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    All it would take to send a message is for everyone in the community to put down this game for some time until the devs can fix it. But if the community keeps allowing them to give us a half-assed job then that is what they will do

    exactly, all I did is stopping to buy anything with real money till I see a real effort on their side, but till people will keep spending money for skins that they won't use cos the game is unplayable, there is not much we can do.

  • @kurgan8282 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2344155#Comment_2344155

    exactly, all I did is stopping to buy anything with real money till I see a real effort on their side, but till people will keep spending money for skins that they won't use cos the game is unplayable, there is not much we can do.

    Agreed. I'm about to stop buying chapters as they come out too. Haven't bought cosmetics in at least a year. These devs are starting to care less about the community and more about the money that goes into their pocket. I get they are a business, but last time I checked businesses only got money in exchange for a USABLE product. This current state of the game is anything but.

  • Wouldn't it make more sense to just put in a code for only console players? Like a bunch of rift fragments and/or bp?

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2344170#Comment_2344170

    Agreed. I'm about to stop buying chapters as they come out too. Haven't bought cosmetics in at least a year. These devs are starting to care less about the community and more about the money that goes into their pocket. I get they are a business, but last time I checked businesses only got money in exchange for a USABLE product. This current state of the game is anything but.

    Exactly, I am ok with spending money, but I definitely expect something in return.

  • Agreed. It is not fair for those who couldn't enjoy the event because of countless issues.

  • @SocialRespect007 said:

    took me very long time to find lobbies, i think they should extend it by 3 days or more, but their game their choice.

    true, as it's our money, our choice where to spend them :)

  • @RenRen said:

    Wouldn't it make more sense to just put in a code for only console players? Like a bunch of rift fragments and/or bp?

    I guess so, but more than asking for "free things" I actually rstyer enjoy event and rifts by playing the game properly

  • I would give up blood points and rifts completely just to be able to play a game without freezing on ps4 lol.

  • As a PS4 player I gave up on the event. Too frustrating to play at the moment. It's not worth it to get BP and prizes if I'm not having fun doing it.

  • @Cruella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2345213#Comment_2345213

    It is though, and this is coming from a console player. Once you get used to how ######### the game is you'll start having fun again.

    so you basically just accept that the game is unplayable and have fun with it?

    I'm happy for you...I am used to use working products, tho...

  • I'm on PS4 too and this event has been meaningless for me. I try to play killer/survivor equally but i lean towards survivor b/c killer is so bad right now with the issues. Even survivor i can't use DH without the game skipping time or w/e it's doing.

    Every game has issues but after this screw up I feel done. Even if i manage to find a PS5 in stock somewhere to purchase, just the lack of care BHVR has put into their issues over the years has finally soured me. Personally I'm looking forward to Back 4 Blood coming in October. I loved Left 4 Dead and DBD has been the closest i could find to this same style of gameplay.

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    I've been out of the loop. Is frame rate drop bad on PS4 and Xbox One? My friends have been complaining about it but I have a PS5 with that version of Dead and haven't noticed anything

    https://youtu.be/kZSFJU761bU

    That's just one clip.

    I've got several others with Blight too

  • Yeah, I bought the rift and was fully intent on grinding it out... Then DbD ######### broke

  • WOW. That is honestly terrible. I have no words

  • Please please please extend it. 15 days doesn't cut it, and we need a minor apology for this trainwreck of an event anyway.

  • @Cruella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2345285#Comment_2345285

    Them extending the event will just cause more problems. I'd rather them focus on fixing current problems than extending a worthless event.

    extending the event would just be a fair apology for people who could not play it properly, more important,imo, is to extend the rift, many people (me included) paid for the pass and it is just not possible to complete it due to those issues.

  • @Cruella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347015#Comment_2347015

    It WOULD be, but it'll cause more problems in the long run, or at least delay fixes to the current problems. I'd rather have the problems fixed sooner than have the event extended by like a week with 50k apology BP.

    if there should be a choice I could agree with you, but the point here is that they sold a broken products and this joke is going on since 1 monrh without a word or even an apology, and I believe this is not the way you should behave with your clients

  • @Cruella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347015#Comment_2347015

    It WOULD be, but it'll cause more problems in the long run, or at least delay fixes to the current problems. I'd rather have the problems fixed sooner than have the event extended by like a week with 50k apology BP.

    I understand why your saying tho I wouldn't mind them extending the event but at this point I feel they should fix the problems for a apology give BP or have a blood hunt event after this train wreak of a event.

  • To be honest, I think a lot of problems of the game came from adding the event into the code. So yeah, I hope they don't extend it. More days to the rift would be nice, although I'm glad I grinded it out before RE chapter.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    To be honest, I think a lot of problems of the game came from adding the event into the code. So yeah, I hope they don't extend it. More days to the rift would be nice, although I'm glad I grinded it out before RE chapter.

    the frame rate issue came before the event, tho, it started when they released the RE chapter

  • They gonna throw 200k and move on.

  • @kurgan8282 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347075#Comment_2347075

    the frame rate issue came before the event, tho, it started when they released the RE chapter

    The coding for the event was added during the RE chapter, they just turned it on during the day (hence why there was no update). Check DBDLeaks if you don't believe me.

  • "We thank you for your patience as we worked tirelessly to fix this issue during our anniversary event! Here's 500k bloodpoints for your troubles!"

    -bhvr, in a few weeks

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347082#Comment_2347082

    The coding for the event was added during the RE chapter, they just turned it on during the day (hence why there was no update). Check DBDLeaks if you don't believe me.

    no no I do :) jist didn't know that :)