Any news on a update tonight ?

@MandyTalk

Any chance you can share any insight on if a console update is rolling out tonight ? The mid chapter release has made me read a lot of varying theories and was just curious.

Thanks

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Any updates usually go live at 11 AM EST, which is in a little less than 2 hours.

    I'd suspect we'd see an announcement of a patch soon.

  • I want to believe

  • Hiya, there won't be a hotfix today I'm afraid. The team are still working on additional fixes that will go into the Mid Chapter patch.

  • @Mandy said:

    Hiya, there won't be a hotfix today I'm afraid. The team are still working on additional fixes that will go into the Mid Chapter patch.

    So the game will be in a state of near unplayability for consoles until after the limited time event?

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2339024#Comment_2339024

    So the game will be in a state of near unplayability for consoles until after the limited time event?

    Sure seems that way.

    We'll be lucky if they fix it.

  • What about mid chapter PTB? When is that?

  • @Zeus said:

    What about mid chapter PTB? When is that?

    The PTB will be tomorrow (July 7th).

  • If there luck involve then we are some very unlucky bastards

  • Imagine the chaos it would be if Warzone froze constantly at consoles for 1 month and a half. But considering how people are delusional on this forum someone will probably say we need to upgrade to a PS5/Series to run a 5 player game with mediocre graphics. Embarrassing.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    Imagine the chaos it would be if Warzone froze constantly at consoles for 1 month and a half. But considering how people are delusional on this forum someone will probably say we need to upgrade to a PS5/Series to run a 5 player game with mediocre graphics. Embarrassing.

    BuT BhVr Is A sMaLl InDiE DeV TeAm.

  • @Mandy said:

    Hiya, there won't be a hotfix today I'm afraid. The team are still working on additional fixes that will go into the Mid Chapter patch.

    Unacceptable…

    we are literally gonna have to wait another month to be able to play the game on ps4

    Were are the promises?

  • @Mandy said:

    Hiya, there won't be a hotfix today I'm afraid. The team are still working on additional fixes that will go into the Mid Chapter patch.

    It better be worthwhile.

    Because they should've fix this problem two years ago when they mention it in their last road map.

    It shouldn't get worse every chapter, mid-chapter and hotfixs since most of bhvr have been working on this game.

  • PTB.

    Patch releases one month later without major improvements

    1st small hotfix one week later with minor changes

    2nd hotfix one week later with one or two urgent changes

    Rinse and repeat.

    They follow this pattern for a year now with complete failure. Glitches over glitches. They repair leaks with band-aids. Can't wait to see it drowned completely. Will they adapt? Spoiler : no

  • @Mandy said:

    Hiya, there won't be a hotfix today I'm afraid. The team are still working on additional fixes that will go into the Mid Chapter patch.

    Thank you for you the response, given it can take weeks to get current day updates sent to and approved by Sony and then finally shipped out as updates, can you share any insight whether that process has happened yet and fixes for consoles have been found ?

    I know the clients you guys work on can be versions ahead of our own, has this problem been fixed internally and we just have to wait or is it still being actively investigated ?

    If it's still an active problem meaning we most likely won't see a fix for well over a month, are there any plans to offer refunds for current gen console users who purchased the game/chapter during the release or the RE release ?

    Thanks for any insight you can offer @MandyTalk

  • Great,so we have to wait AT LEAST another 3 WEEKS to potentially get a fix for current performance issues?

    Wonderful BHVR,so i can't even """enjoy""" the last week of the anniversary event.

    Thanks for nothing i guess 🌝

  • @Mandy said:

    Hiya, there won't be a hotfix today I'm afraid. The team are still working on additional fixes that will go into the Mid Chapter patch.

    Will the Rift be extended to allow us console players a chance to finish? Some of us bought the rift pass expecting the full time to be able to complete it. We can't complete some of these challenges when our game crashes when a survivor dead hards.

  • Can you tell us which map is getting changed? Pretty please I've liked them.

  • @Mandy said:

    Hiya, there won't be a hotfix today I'm afraid. The team are still working on additional fixes that will go into the Mid Chapter patch.

    will we be getting any compensation for having to deal with this unbearable lag for 5 weeks?

  • Screenshot_20210706-174407__01.jpg

    This is pretty huge, BHVR don't seem to talk about things unless it's being addressed.

  • @Razorbeam said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/B6OA1WSIF2B7/screenshot-20210706-174407-01.jpg

    This is pretty huge, BHVR don't seem to talk about things unless it's being addressed.

    Early game collapse; yes they do

    They say they're "looking into" something if they're only just starting the discussion or looking process.

  • @Razorbeam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2339024#Comment_2339024

    Thank you for you the response, given it can take weeks to get current day updates sent to and approved by Sony and then finally shipped out as updates, can you share any insight whether that process has happened yet and fixes for consoles have been found ?

    I know the clients you guys work on can be versions ahead of our own, has this problem been fixed internally and we just have to wait or is it still being actively investigated ?

    If it's still an active problem meaning we most likely won't see a fix for well over a month, are there any plans to offer refunds for current gen console users who purchased the game/chapter during the release or the RE release ?

    Thanks for any insight you can offer @MandyTalk

    I can't answer all your questions I'm afraid, I am aware that the team are addressing a HDD issue that seems to mainly affect consoles.

    We're looking at the Mid Chapter patch to have things included for the fix.


    Edited to add: there's also a message pinned to this forum, with an explanation.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2339435#Comment_2339435

    Early game collapse; yes they do

    They say they're "looking into" something if they're only just starting the discussion or looking process.

    Also, Optimization 2018 😬

  • Can't wait for the mid-chapter update to bring worse performance and even more bugs!

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2339088#Comment_2339088

    I can't answer all your questions I'm afraid, I am aware that the team are addressing a HDD issue that seems to mainly affect consoles.

    We're looking at the Mid Chapter patch to have things included for the fix.

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2339435#Comment_2339435

    Early game collapse; yes they do

    They say they're "looking into" something if they're only just starting the discussion or looking process.

    They have just specified something is broken ( that we know is broken ). They can't go silent on it now and they have to fix it, let's say for example in a months time there is no fix, you can take that tweet to Sony as reason for a refund, BHVR know this and I believe it's why they stay so vague and silent until they know the issue can and will be fixed.

    Given they are shooting for the mid chapter release I would imagine that means it has been fixed already, and it's easier to say they are working on it as opposed "you have to wait weeks of it being broken while Sony and Microsoft review and schedule updates that we have to line up" etc.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2339088#Comment_2339088

    I can't answer all your questions I'm afraid, I am aware that the team are addressing a HDD issue that seems to mainly affect consoles.

    We're looking at the Mid Chapter patch to have things included for the fix.

    No that update is great, I feel much better now, as I've said in the past, it's when things are being worded so vaguely or downplayed that causes concern. Just them specifying the HDD stuttering directly on consoles is a lot bigger than I think people realize.

    Thanks @MandyTalk

    Much appreciated.

  • Saving the good fixes until mid chapter.

  • @zombitehdeath said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2339024#Comment_2339024

    It better be worthwhile.

    Because they should've fix this problem two years ago when they mention it in their last road map.

    It shouldn't get worse every chapter, mid-chapter and hotfixs since most of bhvr have been working on this game.

    I’d actually point out regardless of what they do, it’s not worthwhile at all. Absolutely atrocious performance on consoles BEFORE the event and the lack of fixes means the “great events” are unable to be enjoyed to the full extent. Plus targeting fixes for AFTER the event ends means console players can’t have the same experience as other players.

    No changes on the event dates, with lack of updates until after is absolute trash and it doesn’t matter what they tweet about addressing the issue.

    @Razorbeam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2339443#Comment_2339443

    No that update is great, I feel much better now, as I've said in the past, it's when things are being worded so vaguely or downplayed that causes concern. Just them specifying the HDD stuttering directly on consoles is a lot bigger than I think people realize.

    Thanks @MandyTalk

    Much appreciated.

    Acknowledging it doesn’t change the fact that this terrible experience has ruined the anniversary event for consoles.