DBD has me worried about humanity

Like what the hell is wrong with the people that play this game? There's an event so killers are playing extra special douchy? Why? What kind of preteen anger has these guys motivated? Game after game im tunneled, 3 out of 4 games last night, I was tunneled through ds, and on my second hook struggling as the last gen got finished, and then I get face camped. I didn't do a damned thing except get seen first. The other game, the killer did the same thing to someone else. So I Pop on today, get a franklins noed Meyers that got his ass beat until noed, where I was of course hooked as the last gen got done, and he snowballed and downed everyone. ######### is wrong with these guys??? Anyone have a rationale as to what the motivation to be extreme douche is?

Comments

  • If you're not going to bother reading please don't post drive by ignorant comments.

  • @jester20k said:

    Like what the hell is wrong with the people that play this game? There's an event so killers are playing extra special douchy? Why? What kind of preteen anger has these guys motivated? Game after game im tunneled, 3 out of 4 games as night, I was tunneled through ds, and on my second hook struggling as the last gen got finished, and then I get face camped. I didn't do a damned thing except get seen first. The other game, the killer did the same thing to someone else. So I Pop on today, get a franklins noed Meyers that got his ass beat until noed, where I was of course hooked as the last gen got done, and he snowballed and downed everyone. ######### is wrong with these guys??? Anyone have a rationale as to what the motivation to be extreme douche is?

    Im camping everyone as bubba in this event and its really fun.


    People that complain about camping killers are the ones that never played killer before. I catch em very quickly XD

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2332544#Comment_2332544

    Yeah, and I fully accept that. It's just the frequency by which this has happened and the timing seems to be very pointed, and I'm certainly not saying this is true of a majority of killer players, but it feels like certain DBD players have taken to controlling killer to make the scenario as awkward as possible for others to benefit from either the cakes or the crowns.

    You are not entitled to free points because there's an event going. You get what you earn.


    @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333613#Comment_2333613

    Did you read what I said?

    I agree - they're useless now. So what are killers doing during this even that is much easier on them to get the crowns and gives them way more cakes in their webs? Bring useless moris that cost 7,000 BP instead of cakes that would benefit everyone. It's intentional and a crappy thing to do. But who cares. Everything about the event is easier for them, and the survivors triple or quadruple their BP.

    Have you considered that maybe they're just playing the game normally and would have mori'd you even without an event going? No? Of course you didn't, because you having a bad outcome must be personal since the universe revolves around you


    .

  • Literally, it does not matter. Just play the game. Yeah yeah, it's annoying, so then leave the game and play some other game. I don't get these posts. There is nothing we can do about it and it's not even that annoying. Also because they are using a perk and tactic it's annoying?? That's like saying "Survivors who use sprint burst and loop me for the whole game are douchebags" It's like just move on. Maybe I'm not seeing it but I find camping and tunneling not that annoying. Killers/survivors are not supposed to help you, hold your hand, and then give props to you saying 'What a great game that was! You did amazing!' They are here to play a game and enjoy. If their version of enjoying is bringing noed, face camping and tunneling so be it.

  • @FrndlyChnswSalzmn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333166#Comment_2333166

    You are not entitled to free points because there's an event going. You get what you earn.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333623#Comment_2333623

    Have you considered that maybe they're just playing the game normally and would have mori'd you even without an event going? No? Of course you didn't, because you having a bad outcome must be personal since the universe revolves around you

    .

    You missed the point of what I was saying. It's not about entitlement. It's about seeing a shift in face camping in some games I've seen since the start of this celebration, and I believe it's a change because of those few individuals. It's nothing to do with entitlement. It's about attitude in those rare circumstances.

  • It's funny to see some of the guys that play like this come here and defend it. It's pathetic really.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333920#Comment_2333920

    You missed the point of what I was saying. It's not about entitlement. It's about seeing a shift in face camping in some games I've seen since the start of this celebration, and I believe it's a change because of those few individuals. It's nothing to do with entitlement. It's about attitude in those rare circumstances.

    Everything you wrote thus far tells me it is about entitlement. You want to win and have fun your way; Killers are not letting that happen. therefore you want to 'discuss' it in hopes of changing something. It won't work and if it did you'd be even more miserable because any change to prevent the behavior you are writing about would make Killer unplayable and zero fun.

  • @aroell said:

    I wish the cakes would only grant 105% bloodpoints to survivors only, since killers tunnel is and get 100k+ bp. They shouldn’t be benefitting from others offerings. I mean we used them in hope of a playable match but killers are killers.

    This 100%

  • @lauraa said:

    This event has brought out the worst in us. We don't deserve nice things.

    This.

    As a community, we don’t deserve nice ######### like this. Bunch of spoiled entitled children who have no respect/consideration for each other at all.

    I’d also like to add, if you’re have a terrible experience playing Survivor against Killers who just want to make this event trash, do your community service & be the Killer you want to see during this event to other Survivors 💜 I’ve switched to Killer 3 days ago and refuse to go back.

  • Ive noticed the event has brought out all the douchey killers too. They see the cake offerings as an excuse to play douchey because normally camping and tunneling an entire match gets you barely any bloodppoints but now they can play crappy and still get a ton of points.

    Ive also stopped using the cake offerings.

    I saved a ton of bps prior to the event so i could get a bunch of items for my main survivors right away.

    After seeing how moat killers are playing now i plan to just play killer until the event is over and farm every match.

  • When people accuse killers of playing like a "douchebag" or something, I can't take it seriously. There's just nothing constructive there. Unless they shake their heads or hit you on hook, there's nothing wrong with how they're playing.

  • If you are using this as an example for humanity then you should go outside more. I get comments from both sides that complained about losing or are entitled.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    When people accuse killers of playing like a "douchebag" or something, I can't take it seriously. There's just nothing constructive there. Unless they shake their heads or hit you on hook, there's nothing wrong with how they're playing.

    Why can't you take it seriously? There are several ways of playing this game as killer and survivor that perfectly fit in to the description "douchebag." Bming from either role without it being instigated by the other, douchy, being a bullying survivor, douchy, sweating and tunneling the ######### out of the first person you find, douchy. Franklins demise, especially during an event, douchy. Way too many players in this game are #########. I'm a completionist so I'm getting all these crowns. I got all the killers crowns and farmed with the guys, or if they didn't want to farm I killed them like they seem to want. Getting all the survivor crowns solo queue has been painful (I have 7 to go). Killers are playing like such douches that you have to usually rush gens to even get the opportunity to escape, then look for the crown unless you lucked in to one earlier. Half the time I'm tunneled the whole game and face camped with noed optional, randoms aren't gonna come save that. Then sometimes if the killer is losing early they dc. Often if a survivor goes down early or if its a spirit or dickhead killer, dc. There is no reason to play that way unless you're just an #########. It's a noticeable departure from the normal sweatiness, it's gross.

  • @FrndlyChnswSalzmn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334106#Comment_2334106

    Everything you wrote thus far tells me it is about entitlement. You want to win and have fun your way; Killers are not letting that happen. therefore you want to 'discuss' it in hopes of changing something. It won't work and if it did you'd be even more miserable because any change to prevent the behavior you are writing about would make Killer unplayable and zero fun.

    I don't think you read my post correctly. The post was about allowing the survivors to simply interact with a crown to then have it in their possession, as the killers do also presently.

    Currently, a killer could go into a round, find a crown and then do nothing else and leave the trial with it. A survivor can attain a crown, do 3 gens, unhook and save people, yet if they do not survive then they lose the crown. In your previous comment, you implied crowns have to be earned. But currently survivors are the only ones thqt basis applies to. Killers just need to touch it. Can't say that was earned.

    As a result, I have noted a select few killers will tunnel and face camp (by that, mean right in their face, punching them), and my post was simply about survivor and killer having equal ability to interract with a crown to win it - nothing about escaping, entitlement or anything along those lines.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/263339/dbd-has-me-worried-about-humanity

    So it's JUST killers who are being total ######### ? Do tell us more

    No, it's not JUST killer. But it is overall killers MORE than anybody else.

  • Don't worry I already do !

    I diligently upvote every post when I see your art 😄

  • The toxicity in-game has been on the increase for some time, and ever since the event went live, it's been off the charts.

  • @jester20k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334343#Comment_2334343

    Why can't you take it seriously? There are several ways of playing this game as killer and survivor that perfectly fit in to the description "douchebag." Bming from either role without it being instigated by the other, douchy, being a bullying survivor, douchy, sweating and tunneling the ######### out of the first person you find, douchy. Franklins demise, especially during an event, douchy. Way too many players in this game are #########. I'm a completionist so I'm getting all these crowns. I got all the killers crowns and farmed with the guys, or if they didn't want to farm I killed them like they seem to want. Getting all the survivor crowns solo queue has been painful (I have 7 to go). Killers are playing like such douches that you have to usually rush gens to even get the opportunity to escape, then look for the crown unless you lucked in to one earlier. Half the time I'm tunneled the whole game and face camped with noed optional, randoms aren't gonna come save that. Then sometimes if the killer is losing early they dc. Often if a survivor goes down early or if its a spirit or dickhead killer, dc. There is no reason to play that way unless you're just an #########. It's a noticeable departure from the normal sweatiness, it's gross.

    Even tunneling, camping, and slugging are not toxic unless they're accompanied by BM like hitting on hook and head nods. They're strategies that can be easily punished if the other survivors know what they're doing. Most of it comes down to rushing gens. Yeah, maybe the killer guaranteed gets a kill on that tunneled person, but the other 3 escape and that killer depips. Being "tryhard" or using NOED/Franklin's/putting a strong build on a strong killer is not being a douche bag. It's just playing smart. The killer wants to win too, and they'll use whatever they're given to do so.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334465#Comment_2334465

    Even tunneling, camping, and slugging are not toxic unless they're accompanied by BM like hitting on hook and head nods. They're strategies that can be easily punished if the other survivors know what they're doing. Most of it comes down to rushing gens. Yeah, maybe the killer guaranteed gets a kill on that tunneled person, but the other 3 escape and that killer depips. Being "tryhard" or using NOED/Franklin's/putting a strong build on a strong killer is not being a douche bag. It's just playing smart. The killer wants to win too, and they'll use whatever they're given to do so.

    Tunneling/camping is the equivalent of spawn camping in a fps game back in the day. It's something sorry ass players do because they will completely lose if they don't. Calling it a strategy doesn't make it okay. By that logic bming around is a strategy too to make the other side get mad and make mistakes. That one survivor that gets tunneled for no reason usually had a bad time in the process and currently is getting screwed on all the cakes for it, but keep spawn camping away, ITS STRATEGY! LOL

  • I don't even care anymore. You can't stop tunneling or camping. I'm depressed but ######### it, on to the next one. I just never had a chance in those matches even when the whole team tries to protect you they'll still tunnel you.

  • @OtakaChan said:

    I don't even care anymore. You can't stop tunneling or camping. I'm depressed but ######### it, on to the next one. I just never had a chance in those matches even when the whole team tries to protect you they'll still tunnel you.

    Yeah, I don't know how people are getting by without ds and dh

  • Drop every pallet and use God loops smarter. Its not just killers tbf survivors are also just rushing gens leaving team mates on second or death hook. So don't just blame it on killers. Or play killer if you need to take a break.

  • @FrndlyChnswSalzmn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334106#Comment_2334106

    Everything you wrote thus far tells me it is about entitlement. You want to win and have fun your way; Killers are not letting that happen. therefore you want to 'discuss' it in hopes of changing something. It won't work and if it did you'd be even more miserable because any change to prevent the behavior you are writing about would make Killer unplayable and zero fun.

    You're missing the entire point then. I don't care if I die or take hooks as long as I'm getting a chance to play the game not getting tunneled and wasting a 3K BP cake because some Killer decides to go out of their way to tunnel and kill me first - this is evident when you look at post game and the total #of points is under 5k for that survivor. So no - actually no one here has said anything about being entitled to free points at all. And every single person has talked about earning the points.

  • @Pixiglow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334161#Comment_2334161

    You're missing the entire point then. I don't care if I die or take hooks as long as I'm getting a chance to play the game not getting tunneled and wasting a 3K BP cake because some Killer decides to go out of their way to tunnel and kill me first - this is evident when you look at post game and the total #of points is under 5k for that survivor. So no - actually no one here has said anything about being entitled to free points at all. And every single person has talked about earning the points.

    I think this event is making survivors better to compete with what the killers are doing. It also makes sure Noone gets any decent points. But the amount of tunneling is so nuts that the random I've been playing with are absolutely slamming gens, I've rarely been paired with the quality of survivors I'm getting every match now. It's like an escalating war, survivors gen rush to make sure they have a chance to get out, killers tunnel more to compete. Its ugly af out there right now.

1 2 ›