Another update, and no sign of a spirit rework…

We have to suffer facing this BS killer for months more, yayyyyy

Comments

  • Don't forget the Trapper love

  • Kinda seems like they're focusing on health and model reworks for this mid-chapter. I really hope they'll focus on bugs as well.

    I'm extremely happy Trickster got buffed but I was hoping for not just his buffs but some non-major balance changes to other killers.

    Let's hope they don't disappoint us!

  • @glitchboi said:

    Kinda seems like they're focusing on health and model reworks for this mid-chapter. I really hope they'll focus on bugs as well.

    I'm extremely happy Trickster got buffed but I was hoping for not just his buffs but some non-major balance changes to other killers.

    Let's hope they don't disappoint us!

    I’m happy trickster is getting buffed I was right the whole time I knew he would be buffed. I’m kinda upset that trapper or Myers didn’t get a change

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329037#Comment_2329037

    I’m happy trickster is getting buffed I was right the whole time I knew he would be buffed. I’m kinda upset that trapper or Myers didn’t get a change

    Yeah... I was expecting this update to be around Myers because of the Halloween relicense, but I suppose we'll get 'em next time.

    At least they're focusing on game health at the moment. I think.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329037#Comment_2329037

    I’m happy trickster is getting buffed I was right the whole time I knew he would be buffed. I’m kinda upset that trapper or Myers didn’t get a change

    They’ll get their change, eventually. Just have to be patient. Hopefully sooner than later

  • @glitchboi said:

    Kinda seems like they're focusing on health and model reworks for this mid-chapter. I really hope they'll focus on bugs as well.

    I'm extremely happy Trickster got buffed but I was hoping for not just his buffs but some non-major balance changes to other killers.

    Let's hope they don't disappoint us!

    I would assume health means bugs

  • I don't really care as I like facing her. Trapper buffs would be far bigger disaster for me (as much as he needs it).

    Besides, she's strong but there are killers who need work far more then she does. First help the bad killers before wrecking the good ones.

  • @Kebek said:

    I don't really care as I like facing her. Trapper buffs would be far bigger disaster for me (as much as he needs it).

    Besides, she's strong but there are killers who need work far more then she does. First help the bad killers before wrecking the good ones.

    Agreed as much as Spirit is frustrating to face it's more important to buff the C and F tier Killers

  • @Kebek said:

    I don't really care as I like facing her. Trapper buffs would be far bigger disaster for me (as much as he needs it).

    Besides, she's strong but there are killers who need work far more then she does. First help the bad killers before wrecking the good ones.

    Trapper needs help.

    image.png


  • Spirit is one of the few killers that stands a chance against red rank survivors. If they nerf her, everyone will just switch to blight or nurse.

  • If you look at the Dev quotes from the Anniversary event, it seems like a decent portion of them like Spirit.

    Feels a little like Huntress syndrome - the Dev team play the killer a lot so they don't get any basekit changes. With Huntress that's a good idea, Spirit... less so.

  • Spirit doesnt need a rework. Just don’t loop her at a pallet like you would a trapper

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    We have to suffer facing this BS killer for months more, yayyyyy

    Ooooooooh spirit buffs. So spoooooky ooooooohhhh

    42CE30A4-0611-4118-95AD-E2CD1882C51F.jpeg


  • @Laurie268 said:

    Spirit is one of the few killers that stands a chance against red rank survivors. If they nerf her, everyone will just switch to blight or nurse.

    Okay, I'll gladly take more Blights

  • Unrelated question, when will DC penalties return?

  • I hate this but if they do not wanna plan nerf Spirit, i will not face with her anymore. When i saw Spirit, dc will work.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    We have to suffer facing this BS killer for months more, yayyyyy

    I put up with DS's bull#@$% for 4 years.

  • @Laurie268 said:

    Spirit is one of the few killers that stands a chance against red rank survivors. If they nerf her, everyone will just switch to blight or nurse.

    All killers can be played at red rank lol, at least against solo players and casual SWFs

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329127#Comment_2329127

    All killers can be played at red rank lol, at least against solo players and casual SWFs

    No. Please play as Trapper, Trickster, Clown on high ranks againts good survivors. You will see real pain. But Spirit is different, she is unhealthy for this game.

  • don't worry, i'm sure they'll sneak in some more Twins nerfs

  • @Northener1907 said:

    I hate this but if they do not wanna plan nerf Spirit, i will not face with her anymore. When i saw Spirit, dc will work.

    I don't like facing her as much as the next guy, but DCing over a Killer?

    Really? Are we back in 2018 again?

    Just die and move on, or try your best to play the ######### game. No need to dedicate so much emotion and energy into a single killer.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329200#Comment_2329200

    No. Please play as Trapper, Trickster, Clown on high ranks againts good survivors. You will see real pain. But Spirit is different, she is unhealthy for this game.

    A killer being harder to use than others doesn’t make them not viable, I’ve seen excellent trappers and especially clowns. Not really tricksters but nobody bothered to spend time on him so eh

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329145#Comment_2329145

    I don't like facing her as much as the next guy, but DCing over a Killer?

    Really? Are we back in 2018 again?

    Just die and move on, or try your best to play the ######### game. No need to dedicate so much emotion and energy into a single killer.

    Why i have to waste my chance againts her? She is unfairly strong. I can take million Nurses, Blights but i do not wanna face with one Spirit. Because boring and we all know if they know killer well, you have 0 chance. So i will just try, if she is good. Dc will work.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329214#Comment_2329214

    A killer being harder to use than others doesn’t make them not viable, I’ve seen excellent trappers and especially clowns. Not really tricksters but nobody bothered to spend time on him so eh

    No it makes, sadly. If survivors are good, they will focus on gen. And Trapper is busy with putting traps. And he has to travel all map for take them and put them somewhere. So much time wasted already. And if survivors are good at loops, good luck Trapper boi. If you are lucky you will get 1 or 2 hooks. Some killers are weak and they can not survive on high ranks. I mean if killer player is good, yeah they can do something well. But we are talking for average players.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329200#Comment_2329200

    No. Please play as Trapper, Trickster, Clown on high ranks againts good survivors. You will see real pain. But Spirit is different, she is unhealthy for this game.

    EXCUSE ME

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhblofGn_c0

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329245#Comment_2329245

    Dude this is Otz. How many killer players are good like him?

    I know I just needed to make that joke

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    We have to suffer facing this BS killer for months more, yayyyyy

    Spirit is fine, only high level spirits can actually cause survivors problems, and we don't want to balance the game around high level play.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329222#Comment_2329222

    Why i have to waste my chance againts her? She is unfairly strong. I can take million Nurses, Blights but i do not wanna face with one Spirit. Because boring and we all know if they know killer well, you have 0 chance. So i will just try, if she is good. Dc will work.

    Because you don't have to always win every single game?

    Like I said, I don't like facing her because her prediction crap is bullshit. But honestly just play the game. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. If BHVR is nerfing Spirit, they'd have to make sure it's done without compromising the people who do play her for fun.

  • I'm starting to wonder if their beloved STATS say she's fine.

  • @Kebek said:

    I don't really care as I like facing her. Trapper buffs would be far bigger disaster for me (as much as he needs it).

    Besides, she's strong but there are killers who need work far more then she does. First help the bad killers before wrecking the good ones.

    First buff solo lane, and then bad killers. But first, Solo Q.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329222#Comment_2329222

    Why i have to waste my chance againts her? She is unfairly strong. I can take million Nurses, Blights but i do not wanna face with one Spirit. Because boring and we all know if they know killer well, you have 0 chance. So i will just try, if she is good. Dc will work.

    I think the same. I´m tired playing against tryhard mean spirtis. I don´t take any effort. They wanna win, not? Just accelerate it so they can be happy.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329232#Comment_2329232

    Because you don't have to always win every single game?

    Like I said, I don't like facing her because her prediction crap is bullshit. But honestly just play the game. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. If BHVR is nerfing Spirit, they'd have to make sure it's done without compromising the people who do play her for fun.

    I don't care about win or lose. I have not fun against Spirit. So if she will not get nerf, i will give them easy win.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/262999/another-update-and-no-sign-of-a-spirit-rework

    Spirit is fine, only high level spirits can actually cause survivors problems, and we don't want to balance the game around high level play.

    lol the difference between a bad and good spirit is negligent

  • @NomiNomad said:

    I'm starting to wonder if their beloved STATS say she's fine.

    If players said that X is too strong and unbeatable, but X actually had a <=50% winrate, who would you listen to?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329289#Comment_2329289

    If players said that X is too strong and unbeatable, but X actually had a <=50% winrate, who would you listen to?

    I don't think Spirit is unbeatable. I've beaten her plenty of times. I do think her lack of interaction is a problem.

  • Just play the Spirit,she is balanced.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329389#Comment_2329389

    I don't think Spirit is unbeatable. I've beaten her plenty of times. I do think her lack of interaction is a problem.

    That's not what I asked, though. I asked if you would listen to players or stats if players said that X was unbeatable while the stats showed it had a <=50% winrate.

  • @Piruluk said:

    Just play the Spirit,she is balanced.

    When u play a game you always choose ez mode, don´t u?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329398#Comment_2329398

    That's not what I asked, though. I asked if you would listen to players or stats if players said that X was unbeatable while the stats showed it had a <=50% winrate.

    I think Stats are an incredibly unreliable way to balance things. If she had a less than 50% killrate, I would listen to the stats, but if a large percentage of the player-base also found her incredibly unfun, I'd change her. Both balance and player enjoyment are important.

    Are you suggesting her killrate is less than or equal to 50? Because I highly doubt that.

  • @Artemisha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329412#Comment_2329412

    When u play a game you always choose ez mode, don´t u?

    Well there is a rumor that devs like to play as Wraith,Huntress,and Spirit, so I dont think either of them will get any rework or nerf that favor survivors.

    So yeah have a fun,Spirit here to stay, Huntress with her extremely huge hitboxes,and Wraith brainless solo slaughter machine

  • It's just not happening, dude.

    Reject the idea of winning against Spirit, embrace despair.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329422#Comment_2329422

    I think Stats are an incredibly unreliable way to balance things. If she had a less than 50% killrate, I would listen to the stats, but if a large percentage of the player-base also found her incredibly unfun, I'd change her. Both balance and player enjoyment are important.

    Are you suggesting her killrate is less than or equal to 50? Because I highly doubt that.

    Are you suggesting her killrate is less than or equal to 50? Because I highly doubt that.

    No, I'm saying that when complaints (which come from a minority of players) don't match the data, any rational human being would side with the data. Disparaging the devs for doing so is illogical, to say the least.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329422#Comment_2329422

    I think Stats are an incredibly unreliable way to balance things. If she had a less than 50% killrate, I would listen to the stats, but if a large percentage of the player-base also found her incredibly unfun, I'd change her. Both balance and player enjoyment are important.

    Are you suggesting her killrate is less than or equal to 50? Because I highly doubt that.

    He must mean that she only gets 32k BP with 4K 50% of the times.Spirit Kill rate= 50 %. Haha. Nice one.

    Do you see anything but Spirit on tournaments? Only nurses and blights can approach to her. But depending on the map. That ######### must be above 70% Kill rate.

    @Piruluk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329434#Comment_2329434

    Well there is a rumor that devs like to play as Wraith,Huntress,and Spirit, so I dont think either of them will get any rework or nerf that favor survivors.

    So yeah have a fun,Spirit here to stay, Huntress with her extremely huge hitboxes,and Wraith brainless solo slaughter machine

    Wraith with inmortal and ruin is as you say a brainless salughter machine. Huntress at least is pretty fair as she has no movility.

    But the spirit....she has no weaknesses. Incredible speed, map movility and 1 vs 1. I guess that dev don´t play much public solo q.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329445#Comment_2329445

    Are you suggesting her killrate is less than or equal to 50? Because I highly doubt that.

    No, I'm saying that when complaints (which come from a minority of players) don't match the data, any rational human being would side with the data. Disparaging the devs for doing so is illogical, to say the least.

    I've seen quite a few people complaining about Spirit. And maybe, but stats don't always show issues.

    The stats said OoO was fine. Hell, the stats said it was weak. But I think most people recognized the perk as incredibly anti-fun. And it was changed, due to backlash.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329398#Comment_2329398

    That's not what I asked, though. I asked if you would listen to players or stats if players said that X was unbeatable while the stats showed it had a <=50% winrate.

    Where are the stats about Spirit kill rate that says she is 50%? Show them to us please

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329481#Comment_2329481

    I've seen quite a few people complaining about Spirit. And maybe, but stats don't always show issues.

    The stats said OoO was fine. Hell, the stats said it was weak. But I think most people recognized the perk as incredibly anti-fun. And it was changed, due to backlash.

    I've seen quite a few people complaining about Spirit.

    In 2018 or so, the game reached one million owners on PC. "Quite a few people" doesn't even begin to approach a statistically significant sample size.

    The stats said OoO was fine. Hell, the stats said it was weak. But I think most people recognized the perk as incredibly anti-fun. And it was changed, due to backlash.

    As it should. My point was specifically and exclusively about something being weak or strong and what the devs are expected to do when faced with incontrovertible proof that the complainers are wrong.

  • What is with everyone claiming they get these mean unbeatable Spirits? I just had one whose name was “AFK Enjoy the Crowns” and another one who memed with me and let me escape.

    I don’t play against Spirit often and I rarely get tryhard ones. Usually they are either memers, lower rank, or plain out bad.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329495#Comment_2329495

    I've seen quite a few people complaining about Spirit.

    In 2018 or so, the game reached one million owners on PC. "Quite a few people" doesn't even begin to approach a statistically significant sample size.

    The stats said OoO was fine. Hell, the stats said it was weak. But I think most people recognized the perk as incredibly anti-fun. And it was changed, due to backlash.

    As it should. My point was specifically and exclusively about something being weak or strong and what the devs are expected to do when faced with incontrovertible proof that the complainers are wrong.

    That's fair, then. In that case, then yes, I suppose I would follow the stats. I just don't believe Spirit falls in that category.

‹ 1 2