This event is extremely unfair

So explain why can killers get the crown just by grabbing it but survivors need to escape with it that's pure BS I died to a body blocking Wraith as Claudette with the crown active on me and to put more salt in the wound it says crown unlocked 500+ go to the cosmetics nope no crown seriously why can't it be if you pick up the crown it's unlocked for the survivor that way you don't need to pull your hair out trying to complete the rest.

Comments

  • I don't care about lame ass crowns anyway they put zero effort in this event as usual

  • @Laluzi said:

    Seems to me like it'd be an easy solution to make a flat requirement for both sides: if you find the crown and score over 10k points, you keep it.

    -Killers will basically always get 10k points unless they play horrendously, like one hook all game bad.

    -Survivors don't have to escape, just have to perform moderately well in the match - which means doing nothing but running around the map looking for the crown, getting it, and suiciding won't net you the crown and you have to actually play the game.

    I like that idea a lot. Putting the bar as 'survivors must escape' is just too high, in general, for soloQ. I got 1 crown last night and I doubt I'll be looking for more lol.

  • @Gwinty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2323704#Comment_2323704

    Sure thing. Any more generalized ad hominem?

    Aside from your crude attack on Killers in general: I think this is right. Killers have it a bit to easy to get the crown.

    My suggestion would be that a Killers only gets the Crown if she/he hooks X survivors that have collected the crown.

    So survivors that have collected the crown will be tunnelled even harder? No thanks.

  • @bobateo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2323784#Comment_2323784

    I like that idea a lot. Putting the bar as 'survivors must escape' is just too high, in general, for soloQ. I got 1 crown last night and I doubt I'll be looking for more lol.

    Based on the last stats given the escape rate is a bit low to require the escape condition IMHO. Got all killer crowns easily. Not looking forward to trying for survivor ones...

  • @sumps1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2324911#Comment_2324911

    So survivors that have collected the crown will be tunnelled even harder? No thanks.

    How is it tunneling if you have to hook them once?

  • I may have misread, I thought you meant hook a survivor with a crown x amount of times, implying that person with the crown would need to be hooked multiple times in the game. My apologies.

    On further thought though survivors would just not pick the crown up until end game surely?

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    I agree since a killer can just not play do nothing and go looking for the crown and find and get to unlock it. While a survivor has to met a term to unlock it.

    As many posts as there are for ‘try hard’ killers, if they had to 4K for a crown then it would literally be murder for the survivors to escape with a crown.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Game is killer sided, event is killer sided.

    It's horrendous that on every possible level the game is overwhelmingly killer sided.

    Even the cakes hardly show up in survivor bloodwebs but an abundant supply in killers.

    I’ve had two or three cakes on my survivor blood webs but only one or none on my killer blood webs. Sounds like you’re just getting screwed over.

  • @sumps1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2325046#Comment_2325046

    I may have misread, I thought you meant hook a survivor with a crown x amount of times, implying that person with the crown would need to be hooked multiple times in the game. My apologies.

    On further thought though survivors would just not pick the crown up until end game surely?

    Maybe. Hard to say if they think they have the time to pick it up.

    And no problem, maybe I was not very clear about my idea either.

    To clearify: My idea was to hook a number of individual survivors who have collected a crown once. So per game you can get 4 stacks of this max but you need to change your playstile. If you just hook and camp you can only get 1 stack while if you try to go for all survivors you get up to 4 stacks.

    Also set the total number of "crown hook" you need high. As higher number would encourage going after multiple survivors more often as you would see the effect of getting 4 stacks instead of 2 more on higher numbers.

    Sure it would paint a target on the back of the survivor that collect a crown but only once.

    Not saying my idea is perfect, there are surely flaws. I just wanted to make a suggestion.

    I do like hard to archive challenges for cosmetics. This is what keeps a game fresh and why I think this crowns for Killers is lazy. I want to work my ass off and get a cosmetic that shows off how much work I put into it. This is also why I would dislike it if this could be archived by tunneling or camping. Both take relativly no skill and I want to show off my skills.

    This is also why I do not dislike it that crowns are hard to get for a survivor, but I do dislike it that they are so easy for Killers.

  • 12 webs on my survivor to find a cake. at 50k BP per lvl50 webs it's not exactly been worth it...

  • @Purgatorian said:

    Explain why survivors can get adept achievements by just escaping when the killer has to 2 pip. Let killers at least get the crowns easier lol.

    I'd swap

  • @Purgatorian said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2324048#Comment_2324048

    No, the post was about how much easier it is for killers to get. Have you tried all adept killers in red ranks, it's a lot more difficult than surviving a trial.

    The time limit is long enough to get them on all survivors. I am sure people can survive two or three times per day even if only by hatch camping.

    Why would you try the adept killers in red ranks? Deranking is a thing in this game, so you dont have to.

  • @Psycho_ said:

    I did every single killer and survivor last year... suck it up buttercup it aint that bad.

    God I would love to hear your opinions about the lunar event, where survivors needed to escape with a lantern for points, but the killer could hook you to take them away and break them with their weapons to deny you points and earn points.

    That event was actually fun as hell... i miss the fun events.

    Wasn't that the same event where killer can get instablind?

  • @jamally093 said:

    So explain why can killers get the crown just by grabbing it but survivors need to escape with it that's pure BS I died to a body blocking Wraith as Claudette with the crown active on me and to put more salt in the wound it says crown unlocked 500+ go to the cosmetics nope no crown seriously why can't it be if you pick up the crown it's unlocked for the survivor that way you don't need to pull your hair out trying to complete the rest.

    Don't make yourself look bad and whiny to people who put together this event.

  • @katoptris said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2323984#Comment_2323984

    Wasn't that the same event where killer can get instablind?

    why we have to bring up the instablinds PEPEHANDS. the event concept and execution was fun, it was a grind to escape with a lantern and earn tokens for the lunar cosmetics. I thought it was interesting and added a fun new objective.

  • @Psycho_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2325372#Comment_2325372

    why we have to bring up the instablinds PEPEHANDS. the event concept and execution was fun, it was a grind to escape with a lantern and earn tokens for the lunar cosmetics. I thought it was interesting and added a fun new objective.

    It was a grind but damn the instablind. I was only able to get huntress's mask. Still didn't like the fact it was given to everyone.

  • I'm so sick of getting the crowns in SoloQ because I get like 1 crown in 1 hour if I'm lucky. I don't bring items cause I'm a hoarder but if it continues I'll just bring a key in every game and play for hatch.

  • Would make sense for killer to get 4 unique hooks in the match to qualify (the same way you get 4 stacks of bbq), would keep those from camping that really wanted the crowns. I play killer at night and survivor when I play with my son.

  • who cares man... people literally play the same survivor with the same 4 perks anytime an event isn't on and when its over gonna go back to it. just enjoy the variety and extra bps man sheesh.

  • Why do survivors just have to escape for the adept trophys while killers need the best rank possible? It goes both ways.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2323962#Comment_2323962

    Everyone looks like an extremist when you're perched on the other extreme. You think everyone on this forum is a killer main because anyone who acknowledges there are problems on both sides or doesn't think survivors need massive buffs counts as a killer main in your eyes.

    I just watched a man die

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/262362/this-event-is-extremely-unfair

    Killers need special accommodations or they flood these forums to complain and bully others.

    Survivor only players do the exact same thing, if not more. so saying all killer players do this is an unfair generalization.


    That same argument goes for killers too. to get adept survivor all you need to do is escape a match with the three base perks. For adept killer you have to do so much more for the same thing.

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2324425#Comment_2324425

    May I please have a link to that poll? I'm not saying it's fake, I just want to see when it was posted.

    I can't find that particular one but I can give you 4 others that say the same story: the majority play both sides and the "mains" are pretty close on both sides. This forum is in no way a "killer support group" or full of mainly killer mains, I haven't seen a single one that supports that claim.

    Most Recent:

    Older:

  • You are right. lets make it so Killers have to 4k to receive their crown. Let's see the forums after the killers start bringing noed and going for the throat lol.

  • I also think it ends up being unfair that killers only have to get the crown and get to the end of the match, but I wouldn't change that or else it might become something too hard for the killers. Instead, the survivors should have other options to keep the crowns, like, fix 1 gen after getting a crown and you get to keep it. I have been playing for almost 2 hours, trying to get a crown for my Claudette and something always happens in the match, so I still haven't been able to keep it after the match...

  • I really don't understand the desire of the crown anyways.

  • @Alphasoul05 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2323704#Comment_2323704

    Pretty sure that works both ways, it isn't a "x main" specific problem. It's only that way when you have an ignorant perspective from only one side yourself, generally speaking. I'd imagine that's not a foreign concept to you, someone whose entire post history is nothing but "Imbalanced game, killer OP" from glancing at it.

    Also, as I recall you only have to escape for survivor adepts, which are infinitely easier than the killer one, which is an absolute pain. In other words it's this way because BHVR.

    Nice whatabaoutism... the killer adepts need to change? Yeah but that doesn't make that more unfair situations are ok

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2324091#Comment_2324091

    Why would you try the adept killers in red ranks? Deranking is a thing in this game, so you dont have to.

    You can be banned for intentionally deranking, such as afk, too many times if you're found out.

    I have tried in the past to just run around hitting people, no hooks, so they get some points and I am 'playing' the game however I still safety pip doing this. Pips are too easy for killer and can't wait for sbmm to come out.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2323704#Comment_2323704

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2324051#Comment_2324051

    Actually the problem OP is talking about was caused by survivors suiciding as soon as they got whatever they needed for the event during the Halloween serum even a long time ago ruining the game for the people left in it. So to prevent that happening again they made survivors need to escape since that was what they came up with to make players stay for the whole match. The killer is already forced to stay the whole match so its not needed for them.

    So if they just needed to grab the crown and that's it then people would just get the crown, and get downed on purpose just to suicided.

    So while you're blaming killers the problem actually came from survivors being dirt bags 🙂

    Just another case of survivors causing their own issues and somehow finding a way to blame killers I guess.

    I couldn't care less about the event cosmetics. His words are always true.

  • @shyguyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2324430#Comment_2324430

    I couldn't care less about the event cosmetics. His words are always true.

    OP: "why is it like this?"

    Person: "Killers need it to be or they'll complain."

    Actual reason: "No actually it was because of bad survivor behavior"

    You: "His words are always true."


    I mean he's literally wrong but sure lol

  • @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2326815#Comment_2326815

    OP: "why is it like this?"

    Person: "Killers need it to be or they'll complain."

    Actual reason: "No actually it was because of bad survivor behavior"

    You: "His words are always true."

    I mean he's literally wrong but sure lol

    Ok. You missed the point/joke.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Game is killer sided, event is killer sided.

    It's horrendous that on every possible level the game is overwhelmingly killer sided.

    Even the cakes hardly show up in survivor bloodwebs but an abundant supply in killers.

    So play killer and rack up the bp🤑

  • Sarcasm doesn't translate over text on the internet well unless you make it obvious. It seemed like you were just agreeing with someone and fluffing them up. Hearing "killers always need to put us down" and someone (survivor main) genuinely agreeing isn't unheard of, so for all I knew you were just one of those people.

    That's why a lot of people adopt the "/s" or make it blatantly obvious using words like "totally" which are commonly associated with sarcasm. Kind of like when I responded to "This entire forum is a killer main support group" and said "yeah totally" while posting a picture clearly working against that point in this thread.

    "More true words have never been spoken" is generally not seen as sarcastic afaik. Its usually used for big agreement energy.


    In any case, yeah it didn't come across well. It got cleared up and we can move forward.

1 2 ›