Feel like im stuck in rank due to tunneling and slugging

So i've been new to the game for about a month. Been having fun with Dwight and playing survivor with friends. The problem is, I keep running into really high ranked killers who either tunnel me down so i legit do not gain any points or "pip" and now that I am rank 16, I am losing any pip progress because of the aforementioned issues. Also, a lot of slugging. One match the killer actually left all of us on the ground and just revved his chainsaw while we bled out.

Yall killers really enjoy this?

Comments

  • You will get there. Sometimes you will have series of bad games but you will reach reds just by playing a lot.

    Don't think that much will change tho.

  • That last example with the Killer letting everyone bleed out is pretty uncommon, but as for slugging and tunneling, they are very important to letting the killer keep pressure.

    The killer starts at a disadvantage pressure wise because with four players, especially if they are coordinating, you start the game with four survivors working on gens. Once you find one, then you have 3 working gens, then once you down them, and hook them, 1 person has to come for the rescue, and you go find another survivor, and even in the position where 1 person is down, 1 person is saving, and one person is being chased, you still have 1 person sitting on gens.

    This is where slugging and tunneling comes into play. If you end up in a situation where you can have 2 people laying on the ground, assuming no unbreakable/soul guard, now both people still up have to come rescue, and if you find one, then one person has to save both people.

    With tunneling, there are various levels, but the concept is the same either way. As mentioned above, with 4 people, when 1 person goes down, 1 saves, 1 gets chased, 1 sits on gens, but if you manage to get one person out early, now when you have one person down, 1 person saves, 1 gets chased, and there is no longer a 4th person to sit on gens.

    tldr: While we understand that it can be very unfun for the person who gets out first, or if you get stuck laying on the ground for a while, but for the killer, both of those strategies can greatly help the killer get the upper hand in a match.

    Hope you get some better matches with some closer ranked killers though, and good luck in your future trials.

  • Don't worry about ranking up. Just focus on getting better. It's a ######### situation, but the only way out is through.

  • Honestly, get used to it. Matches are pretty aggressive and unfair lately. It's becoming more common to spend a significant amount of the match doing nothing and leaving with very little emblems or bloodpoints.

    The best you can do is play the way you want and hope things will work out here and there. That's what I do at least.

  • You are getting tunnelled because you are probably being detected by the killer to be the weakest link.

    You need to be vigilant and unseen.

  • I have to tunnel to even try and get a kill. Or at least I used to. I tried NOED and boi, I see what all the rage is about. Guaranteed kill basically, and if someone tries to unhook right in front of me... Two kills. It is beautiful. And they are more likely to leave after they figure out you have it on. Win-win-win.


    Anyways, as much as this perk frustrates people, I can play fair before exit gates spawn. When they do? The kid gloves come off. Killah does what Killahs will, cuh.


    Anyways, I digress, no. Tunneling was not fun. Slugging is not fun. I just want one kill. It is what I started playing for. Lul. Tag is fun and all, but you know how it be.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    I have to tunnel to even try and get a kill. Or at least I used to. I tried NOED and boi, I see what all the rage is about. Guaranteed kill basically, and if someone tries to unhook right in front of me... Two kills. It is beautiful. And they are more likely to leave after they figure out you have it on. Win-win-win.

    Anyways, as much as this perk frustrates people, I can play fair before exit gates spawn. When they do? The kid gloves come off. Killah does what Killahs will, cuh.

    Anyways, I digress, no. Tunneling was not fun. Slugging is not fun. I just want one kill. It is what I started playing for. Lul. Tag is fun and all, but you know how it be.

    Endgame is always no holds barred imo. Sure it sucks to complete all your objectives and die right at the end, but that's a game where you got to complete all your objectives so it's still a win in my book. It's only ever really frustrating when the killer tunnels, slugs, etc. all match and then has NOED at the end because of course they would lol But generally speaking if it's in your arsenal and available to you, use it.

  • Ranks or pips are bugged anyway and seem random.

    Getting 4 Iridescent emblems? Depip it is.

    At least that's how my matches look like since the RE chapter released.

  • Unfortunately, you just need to power through these rank. I've rediscovered it with the rank reset bug when i was sent back to yellow rank, because i've seen more camping/tunneling/facecamping in 3 days in yellow/green rank, than in 4 months in purple/red rank (though i could have just been unlucky).

    But if you want advice, the only thing you can do in this type of game is either loop well enough so that you can earn points before going down, have you and your friends take borrowed time to try and take turns on the hook or stealthing it up and letting your teammates take the blow while you do gens/chest/totem to guarantee at least a safety pip.

  • @Deferlo said:

    Unfortunately, you just need to power through these rank. I've rediscovered it with the rank reset bug when i was sent back to yellow rank, because i've seen more camping/tunneling/facecamping in 3 days in yellow/green rank, than in 4 months in purple/red rank (though i could have just been unlucky).

    But if you want advice, the only thing you can do in this type of game is either loop well enough so that you can earn points before going down, have you and your friends take borrowed time to try and take turns on the hook or stealthing it up and letting your teammates take the blow while you do gens/chest/totem to guarantee at least a safety pip.

    Not sure what servers you are on but here in the UK roughly 70% of my trials, played about 15 games, as survivor yesterday had tunnelling and camping killers.

  • Tunneling is not important, people do it to ruin others games. It’s a lazy “tactic” used by killers that don’t want to get good.

  • @Purgatorian said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318050#Comment_2318050

    Not sure what servers you are on but here in the UK roughly 70% of my trials, played about 15 games, as survivor yesterday had tunnelling and camping killers.

    I'm in the same server as you so either you are unlucky or i am really lucky with my matches. If i didn't forget any, it's been a while since i have seen a face camping killer in purple/red ( i nearly always use kindred so i think i would remember), and i don't often see killer tunnelling (in the sense of ignoring every other survivor until the first one is dead). Though maybe i don't feel like i play against them because i am not at the one being camped/tunnelled in my match. After all what i said was only personal experience and is likely to be wrong/differs depending on the players.

  • Because developers can’t figure out a way to balance it, so they put a bandaid fix by making a perk which can still be countered by letting you bleed out.

    Literally any other development team would at least recognize that there should be something built-in for survivors should they encounter a killer who only chases one survivor and most importantly right after an unhook.

  • @Luckyz17 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/EV4X3DW1141T/image.png

    To put it into perspective, this is what I just de-piped to. And he straight slugged and tunneled.

    How did I end up in here?

    The others players are your friends you queued up with right?

    The matchmaking system is supposed to match a group according to the players with the highest rank, so rank 5 in this case, so that is probably the reason why you were matched with the rank 4 Killer.

    If you play solo, this shouldn't happen, but as others have mentioned, the matchmaking system isn't reliable.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Because developers can’t figure out a way to balance it, so they put a bandaid fix by making a perk which can still be countered by letting you bleed out.

    Literally any other development team would at least recognize that there should be something built-in for survivors should they encounter a killer who only chases one survivor and most importantly right after an unhook.

    It´s a boring and abusive tactic. That´s why u see so much that technique on tournaments where tunnel and camping is allowed. They take out from the game the first survivor they see. So this guy goes to lobby with practically 0 points. And then the same strategy with a second survivor.


    As you say, if killers play this way is because is allowed and optimal. Some nice killers don´t do it just because they are kind (respect to them).

    Devs should care for this aspect so everybody can "play" the game and have fun on it, and make some adjustments so tunneling won´t be so rewarding technique and so easy to apply.

  • @Luckyz17 said:

    So i've been new to the game for about a month. Been having fun with Dwight and playing survivor with friends. The problem is, I keep running into really high ranked killers who either tunnel me down so i legit do not gain any points or "pip" and now that I am rank 16, I am losing any pip progress because of the aforementioned issues. Also, a lot of slugging. One match the killer actually left all of us on the ground and just revved his chainsaw while we bled out.

    Yall killers really enjoy this?

    What you described here is you not being good enough. You aren't pipping because you lack the skill to outplay your opponent. That's all.

  • @FrndlyChnswSalzmn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/261736/feel-like-im-stuck-in-rank-due-to-tunneling-and-slugging

    What you described here is you not being good enough. You aren't pipping because you lack the skill to outplay your opponent. That's all.

    I take it you didn’t even bother to see the picture I showed where I’m in a lobby with all single digit players, and a red killer.

    @SunaIIanu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2317893#Comment_2317893

    The others players are your friends you queued up with right?

    The matchmaking system is supposed to match a group according to the players with the highest rank, so rank 5 in this case, so that is probably the reason why you were matched with the rank 4 Killer.

    If you play solo, this shouldn't happen, but as others have mentioned, the matchmaking system isn't reliable.

    One was, the others were random. But I keep seeing people say that the system “down ranks” based on lowest. Which obviously no one seems to know.

  • The other thing I didn’t mention were a good bit of body blocking and taking hits to try and help me from other survivors. Flashlights and flash bangs.


    nope


    killer just keeps running towards me.

  • @Luckyz17 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/EV4X3DW1141T/image.png

    To put it into perspective, this is what I just de-piped to. And he straight slugged and tunneled.

    How did I end up in here?

    Defined tunneling. I see three dead survivors in this pic.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2317893#Comment_2317893

    Defined tunneling. I see three dead survivors in this pic.

    I was 3 hooked before anyone else took a hit. Then rinse and repeat. The killer in this game actually just ran in circles around the building with the basement hooks. Waited for an unhook then just ran at the stairs to down me again.

    I get it’s in the game but holy hell it’s not fun having this sort of thing happen. Give a better average of ranking or somethinG so I have a chance.

  • @Luckyz17 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318268#Comment_2318268

    I take it you didn’t even bother to see the picture I showed where I’m in a lobby with all single digit players, and a red killer.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318194#Comment_2318194

    One was, the others were random. But I keep seeing people say that the system “down ranks” based on lowest. Which obviously no one seems to know.

    One is enough, from my experience it seems to rank duo-SWF more according to the system, 3- or 4-SWF seen to be matched more with lower ranked killers.

    Screenshot_20210630-005008.png

    The screenshot was taken from this post:

    @Peanits said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/640/RXK2G328M8H5.png

    We are back with another edition of the Developer Update, a series of posts detailing our progress on upcoming features and known issues. This time around, in addition to the normal topics, we’ll have sneak peeks on some changes coming in the mid-chapter update. 

    Matchmaking 

    Recently, the matchmaking system was changed to use the highest rank in a Survivor group when searching for a Killer. This change prevents groups from using a single low ranked player to abuse the matchmaker and get less experienced opponents. 

    We are on the lookout for any potential edge cases that may remain. To give you an idea of what is expected of the matchmaking system, here’s how the system works: 

    • Survivors are matched to a Killer as close to their rank as possible. 
    • If the Survivor is playing with a group, the highest ranked Survivor’s rank will be used for matchmaking purposes. (e.g. If a rank 1 and rank 10 Survivor are playing together, the game will search for a rank 1 Killer.) 
    • If a match of the same rank is not available, the system will gradually expand the acceptable range until it finds a match. This has a hard limit of 6 ranks above or below your rank. 
    • New players between rank 16 and rank 20 receive an exception to this rule in order to ensure that they can find a match, even when there’s no other new players queuing. 
    • You will not be matched with someone outside of a given range. This is to ensure that your connection to other players is as good as possible. When on dedicated servers, players will be matched to their nearest data center rather than their distance to other players. 
    • Survivors playing in a group with distant friends are an exception to this rule. 

    If you experience something outside of this range, please be sure to let us know here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/other 

    Nintendo Switch™ 

    Dead by Daylight was just released on the Nintendo Switch™. Welcome to any new players who are joining us! We have received quite a few questions since the launch, so we have taken a moment to organize some of the most frequently asked questions here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/90514/ 

    We have also created a Switch section in the bug reports section of the forums in case you stumble upon any issues as you play: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/switch  

    Dedicated Servers 

    Following the test in the last PTB, we decided to postpone the launch of dedicated servers on the live game while we iron out a few issues. Our new launch target for PC and consoles is Fall 2019. We will be running tests on the live build of the game, on PC only, starting in early October. For more details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87216/ 

    Dedicated servers have, however, been active on the Nintendo Switch™ since launch. This is essential as the Switch version does not support hosting a game. Any improvements made to dedicated servers on other platforms will make their way to the Nintendo Switch™ as well. 

    The Nurse Add-on Update 

    A few months back, we announced that we would be revisiting The Nurse’s add-ons to ensure that all of them are as fair as possible and that she has the correct distribution of add-ons (4 common, 5 uncommon, 5 rare, 4 very rare, 2 ultra rare). 

    With these changes getting nearer, we would like to share a few of them with you: 

    Plaid Flannel 

    • Rarity changed from Very Rare to Common.  
    • The blink indicator placement has been improved and will now stay visible until The Nurse has reached her destination (it was previously not visible while blinking).  

    Heavy Panting 

    • Considerably increases maximum blink range. 
    • Considerably increases maximum blink charge time. 

    Jenner's Last Breath 

    • After blinking, allows The Nurse to immediately blink back to her original position by pressing the Secondary Power Button. 
    • Requires a blink charge and must be triggered during the chain blink window. 

    These add-ons—as well as the rest of The Nurse’s new add-ons—will be available for testing in the upcoming mid-chapter 13 PTB. We will be keeping an eye out for feedback once you have had a chance to give them a try. 

    The Archives 

    During the 3rd Anniversary Livestream, we revealed The Archives, a new feature loaded with challenges and rewards. This is one of the most ambitious additions to the game yet and it has been in the making for quite some time. We are very excited to release The Archives in the upcoming mid-chapter patch (and preceding Player Test Build). Be sure to keep an eye out for more details in the coming week. 

     

    This concludes the September Developer Update. We have busy months ahead of us, and we are looking forward to seeing what you think of the upcoming changes! 


  • @Luckyz17 said:

    So i've been new to the game for about a month. Been having fun with Dwight and playing survivor with friends. The problem is, I keep running into really high ranked killers who either tunnel me down so i legit do not gain any points or "pip" and now that I am rank 16, I am losing any pip progress because of the aforementioned issues. Also, a lot of slugging. One match the killer actually left all of us on the ground and just revved his chainsaw while we bled out.

    Yall killers really enjoy this?

    Dude if you think that's bad just wait till you get the rank 10 and up I can't even get past rank 7 I'll get to that fourth pip and then a downward series of matches..... You'll get through it you learn a bit more each time you play

  • @Luckyz17 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318268#Comment_2318268

    I take it you didn’t even bother to see the picture I showed where I’m in a lobby with all single digit players, and a red killer.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318194#Comment_2318194

    One was, the others were random. But I keep seeing people say that the system “down ranks” based on lowest. Which obviously no one seems to know.

    @Luckyz17 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319760#Comment_2319760

    I was 3 hooked before anyone else took a hit. Then rinse and repeat. The killer in this game actually just ran in circles around the building with the basement hooks. Waited for an unhook then just ran at the stairs to down me again.

    I get it’s in the game but holy hell it’s not fun having this sort of thing happen. Give a better average of ranking or somethinG so I have a chance.

    You still failed, regardless of ranks and so on. You were not good enough, and neither were your teammates. They failed to save you and failed to do gens while you were camped. This is on you and them, still; get better.