Is this forum like 90% killer mains ?

Most of the threads i see are basically "nerf survs"

I noticed that, if someone dares to defend survs, or having opinions against killer gameplay, hes immediatly, mocked, not being taken serious, while all the ones blaming survs and anything that concerns them gets tons of upvotes..

It's my impartial point of view tho.

Comments

  • Yes the forums are very biased against survivor which is lame because the stats are in killer's favor anyway and survivors have gotten nothing but nerfs the past few years.

  • I’d say the forums are slightly killer sided, yet you see more extreme survivors. As it’s so easy to be an entitled survivor main compared to an entitled killer main.

    I mean just think about sluzzy. Is there a killer version of them? I genuinely don’t know but basically most people have heard of the legend of sluzzy.

  • @Venzhas said:

    Most of the threads i see are basically "nerf survs"

    I noticed that, if someone dares to defend survs, or having opinions against killer gameplay, hes immediatly, most of the time, called a "Sluzzy", mocked, not being taken serious, while all the ones blaming survs and anything that concerns them gets tons of upvotes..

    It's my impartial point of view tho.

    It feels like a pretty even split to me. Just killers seem more vocal.

    Thought judging by the complaints on both sides most players here aren't very good but think they are.

  • @LethalPugy said:

    I’d say the forums are slightly killer sided, yet you see more extreme survivors. As it’s so easy to be an entitled survivor main compared to an entitled killer main.

    I mean just think about sluzzy. Is there a killer version of them? I genuinely don’t know but basically most people have heard of the legend of sluzzy.

    there WAS a killer version of them

  • No, it's not. A lot of the "killer sided" things I say get shot down.

  • @gendoss said:

    Yes the forums are very biased against survivor which is lame because the stats are in killer's favor anyway and survivors have gotten nothing but nerfs the past few years.

    Don't trust kill rate statistics

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/261034/is-this-forum-like-90-killer-mains

    It feels like a pretty even split to me. Just killers seem more vocal.

    Thought judging by the complaints on both sides most players here aren't very good but think they are.

    I could not agree more Gibbly. Well said.

  • Why not? Are they fake? I don't understand what you mean. Kill rate says a lot and if you do the math it makes sense that overall the game is in our favor. [killer]

  • @Naz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2312311#Comment_2312311

    Why not? Are they fake? I don't understand what you mean. Kill rate says a lot and if you do the math it makes sense that overall the game is in our favor. [killer]

    The kill rates say that Nurse and Blight are some of the weakest killers in the game and Pig the strongest. In a game of Claudettes who self care in corners. See the issue?

  • It seems pretty even to me, with both making pretty outrageous claims at times. When DS was reworked especially, my god.

  • No way is this true. I refuse to believe that many people play both sides considering how hilariously one sided most threads are in this place.

  • Probably 99% killers. And yes, if you say anything bad about killers they will do anything to hurt your feelings and such.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2311718#Comment_2311718

    No way is this true. I refuse to believe that many people play both sides considering how hilariously one sided most threads are in this place.

    How are those things related, though?

    If firefighters focus their efforts on areas with a higher propensity for fires, do you also refuse to believe that they don't, in fact, all live in those areas?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I don't think killer mains, but people who see things mostly from a killer perspective. A lot of people play both sides however have a serious preference to one side, so most of their opinions and decisions are made with that preference in mind- for example, I prefer playing survivor despite maining killer due to queue times and the fact that teammates are... yeah, teammates, so most of my opinions are formed from the perspective of someone who enjoys survivor.

    A lot of people on these forums see things from a killer perspective, and that's completely okay. Lord knows that without killers continuing to play we wouldn't have a game and survivors have, and do still, need serious nerfs.

    But on the flip side it's good to have people from a survivor perspective because there are definitely issues with playing survivor that need to be resolved, as well as having people who play impartially to reign everyone in when their ideas get far too absurd.

    Agreed but i feel im in a weird group. Im a 50/50 but actually play a bit more in survivor but i see stuff from killers pov. Guess because i regularly play with a fairly good 4 man. So i know how much power i have as a survivor if i actually play to the best of my ability. Now that doesn't mean i don't hate stuff killers do of course but i just know where most the power is. I just thought some people would find it weird i have views opposite of the side i play more lol.

  • I mostly play Survivor, and only just joined. I played huntress a few times because I like her. As far as it looks to me most people on these forums just takes a out of the box perceptions on threads, and tries to see the perspective from both sides. Killer's don't have fun against good survivors, and survivors don't have fun against good Killers.

  • @aroell said:

    Probably 99% killers. And yes, if you say anything bad about killers they will do anything to hurt your feelings and such.

    Did you know who Lord_Tony was?

  • I play both sides, js.

    No, as others have said. I still notice a healthy amount of complaints from the survivor side. The forums seem pretty even to me, a little skewed to one side depending on the time or day.

    Just it seems like, in my experience/opinion, survivor mains or at least the vocal ones (for example Sluzzy) kinda don't know what their talking about more often, which leads to them getting a lack of support more. Like saying BBQ needs to be nerfed or removed because it has no counterplay or totems are too hard to find.

    Although tbf its easier to understand survivor gameplay as a killer than killer gameplay as a survivor. I think a lot of the survivor post you're speaking of that get no support are mostly from players who really just don't understand the killer side or the game well enough, so they make outlandish claims.

    If you make a reasonable claim you'll generally get by fine. Like calling Spirit dumb? Yeah most people would agree with you. Complaining about Gens taking too long? Yeah no.

    Killers are also generally accepted as the weaker role, so they have more concerns to voice. Its natural they would have a bit more post asking for changes. People generally don't ask for changes much when they're on the better end of things.

    Then you got the whole "entitlement" issue adding into things, which is a whole other discussion.

  • I think most killer complaints are about the game. I usually see things like "nerf this perk" or "nerf keys".

    On the survivor side, most complaints seem to be "stop tunneling and camping" or "stop playing spirit".

    Killers ask BHVR to change the game, survivors ask killers to change themselves. Naturally, one of those is met with more resistance.

  • I don't take either seriously anymore. Both side complained and both rage quits for various reasons.

  • @Venzhas said:

    Most of the threads i see are basically "nerf survs"

    I noticed that, if someone dares to defend survs, or having opinions against killer gameplay, hes immediatly, mocked, not being taken serious, while all the ones blaming survs and anything that concerns them gets tons of upvotes..

    It's my impartial point of view tho.

    why would you defend survivors, when they are clearly the more dominant of the two.

  • @derppug said:

    I'm a Killer main and I can recognize that this game is killer sided. It's not an issue with it being "killer mains", but moreso with it being people letting bias cloud their judgement.

    The game starts off killer sided when you are new. Then switches to survivor sided. And then eventually goes back to killer sided once you get good at a killer. It's so easy to just smash a game or get at least a 2k every game by playing very fair/giving some (or a lot) of mercy.

    And then if you add on all the really strong perks killers have been getting lately, then it's just overkill.

    in what world is the game killer sided at the highest lvl of play. it is more like killer sided at low ranks, killer sided at purp/red ranks, then survivor sided at the highest level. The game only appears to be killer sided sometimes because survivors are straight up bad most of the time.

  • Here's an example of why "survivor threads" are usually shot down.

    As you know, there's an "upheaval" about how, when survivors run in a straight line, they can waste far too much of the killer's time, to the point that the killer is better off never trying to catch them in the first place. It's commonly referred to as "Shift+W" or "Hold W" or just "W".

    The threads from people pointing out this issue have detailed explanations of the problem, about how it's a game design issue (note that survivors are not being blamed for the problem), and so on.

    The responses from (presumably) survivor mains are mocking the complaints, pretending that killers are saying that "running is toxic" or "killers want survivors to spawn on hooks", and so on. Basically, saying a bunch of things that nobody has actually said to try to dismiss the very real issue that has been presented, because it's bad for "their side".

    To me, this shows that a lot of the people who start threads about survivors either don't understand or don't care about nuance, they don't read the actual arguments being put forth, and generally don't argue in good faith.

    When they start their own threads about survivor issues, they will, naturally, be made with the same mentality. Unreasonable demands (that they projected onto killers), black-and-white thinking (either X or not-X), and so on.

    That's not to say that some killer threads do not also suffer from these issues, but those are also shot down. Thing is, when "killer threads" are opened, they're more often accompanied by detailed explanations, calculations, numbers, and so on, than "survivor threads".

  • @Orion said:

    Here's an example of why "survivor threads" are usually shot down.

    As you know, there's an "upheaval" about how, when survivors run in a straight line, they can waste far too much of the killer's time, to the point that the killer is better off never trying to catch them in the first place. It's commonly referred to as "Shift+W" or "Hold W" or just "W".

    The threads from people pointing out this issue have detailed explanations of the problem, about how it's a game design issue (note that survivors are not being blamed for the problem), and so on.

    The responses from (presumably) survivor mains are mocking the complaints, pretending that killers are saying that "running is toxic" or "killers want survivors to spawn on hooks", and so on. Basically, saying a bunch of things that nobody has actually said to try to dismiss the very real issue that has been presented, because it's bad for "their side".

    To me, this shows that a lot of the people who start threads about survivors either don't understand or don't care about nuance, they don't read the actual arguments being put forth, and generally don't argue in good faith.

    When they start their own threads about survivor issues, they will, naturally, be made with the same mentality. Unreasonable demands (that they projected onto killers), black-and-white thinking (either X or not-X), and so on.

    That's not to say that some killer threads do not also suffer from these issues, but those are also shot down. Thing is, when "killer threads" are opened, they're more often accompanied by detailed explanations, calculations, numbers, and so on, than "survivor threads".

    ^ This. It seems to be a pattern on the forums.

    I wonder what it is about the two roles that provokes such different argument styles from players. Is it because the killer is a lone role that killers often see problems in the game as game-related issues, and because survivors are teams they see things as player-related issues and the opposition as "other"?

    Personally, when I play killer, I see a lot of gameplay-related issues, and when I play survivor, even though I play solo, I consider a lot of things that make my experience less fun as things my "teammates" do, so... yeah, maybe each role just encourages a different mindset that goes beyond what happens in-game and continues into the forums.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @baseballfan4877 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2311484#Comment_2311484

    in what world is the game killer sided at the highest lvl of play. it is more like killer sided at low ranks, killer sided at purp/red ranks, then survivor sided at the highest level. The game only appears to be killer sided sometimes because survivors are straight up bad most of the time.

    I think we're thinking of different "highrst lvl of play". If you are in a tournament, it's very survivor sided. Also, if you are verse a sweat SWF (of 3-4 people), then it's very survivor sided. But outside than, it's killer sided. I'm just thinking of being a good rank 1 killer. If you are a good rank 1 killer, you will 3-4k like 75% of your matches. And getting your ######### pushed in happens very rarely, especially compared to (solo) survivor.

    The game is very killer sided at the "highest" level. But by highest, I mean just being a rank 1 killer in solo queue and just playing the game.

    I do agree with your idea of whose side it is depending on the ranking (, especially with how wonky the rankings are). But I think that getting to rank 1 for the first time and sitting at rank 1 for awhile are two different kinds of rankings. Being a rank 1 survivor for the first time, it'll feel more killer sided (probably?) ...because red rank killers are generally decent or good to very good and solo queue is solo queue. Getting killer to rank 1 for the first time will also feel like you are getting your face pushed in by SWFs all day too. But after you sit there for awhile, you'll see it start to turn and notice that it's just very easy to dominate games as a killer and the game is very killer sided for solo queue play (and even when you get SWFs they generally tend to be 2 mans or 4 mans who are all different skill levels and/or just playing to have a good time with friends, instead of the sweat lords these forums led you to believe)

  • Would be 100% if our gatekeepers weren't so lazy. 😤

1 2 ›