People Like This is Exactly Why An Auto-Ban System Cannot Work

This happened about 15 minutes ago.

One of their friends is still lecturing me about ethics and video games and how I should play in a "nice" way so that I don't accidentally upset others.

However, this is a prime example of why an auto-ban system cannot ever work in this game. This was completely unprompted, I did not even get to message out gg's before the guy messaged me.

Even when confronted with the truth that tunneling, camping and slugging is not bannable, they still act like they'll abuse the ban system when it arrives.

Inkedwhy tho_LI.jpg


Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    I don't know what's worse....

    People who still believe that BE is dumb enough to believe reports on things that are totally allowed within the confines of the games

    Or dumbasses who believe you can report for that to begin with.

    Look, I know BE makes mistakes, but they've been pretty lax with their bans even when going through them manually.... what makes people think their system is going to be so strict? If anything, they're going to tailor their system around what they already do in the way of the hand-reviewed reports.

    I mean, think about it. If review of certain actors shows that they give off frivilous reports... don't you think they'd build a system that ignores these bad-actors who give off excessive reports?

    FFS

    I'd like to say yes, but this patch somehow went through.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2278915#Comment_2278915

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/4CALQMBETBSB/image.png

    "We are going to take action" not the machine or the system is going to take action.

    I do agree that calling it auto-ban feature was a poor choice of words

    Honestly also common sense. I know we like to point at the devs from time to time but they are not stupid. They also know that if a machine banned people for false reports it would kill the game

    Problem with this system is, that a report might end up at the desk of a overworked employee who just wants to end the shift and doesn't really check the account. But instead just hits the ban button and next.

  • @Pulsar said:

    This happened about 15 minutes ago.

    One of their friends is still lecturing me about ethics and video games and how I should play in a "nice" way so that I don't accidentally upset others.

    However, this is a prime example of why an auto-ban system cannot ever work in this game. This was completely unprompted, I did not even get to message out gg's before the guy messaged me.

    Even when confronted with the truth that tunneling, camping and slugging is not bannable, they still act like they'll abuse the ban system when it arrives.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ATOQ3184OB5Y/inkedwhy-tho-li.jpg

    Did you camp and tunnel though? Try and remember there are others playing who want to have fun. So many killers forget that and ruin the whole game.

  • @Pulsar said:

    At this rate, me and @Tsulan are going to be banned within 4 minutes of the system going live.

    Yep! At this point I've received reports for pretty much everything you can do in the game.

    Last report was for playing Yui and trying to get her achievement in solo queue.

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/257844/people-like-this-is-exactly-why-an-auto-ban-system-cannot-work

    Did you camp and tunnel though? Try and remember there are others playing who want to have fun. So many killers forget that and ruin the whole game.

    Your fun is nobodies responsibility but yours

    Devs have said there is no rules against this.

    Good luck reporting for this kind of thing, because I'm laying down money it won't be banned.

  • If you ask so nice, i will gladly tunnel people like you.

  • @Venzhas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276520#Comment_2276520

    This forum is 80% killers main, you can tell the truth like this but no one will listen to you :/

    Sadly. They don’t want to see the problems they are causing.

  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276403#Comment_2276403

    If you ask so nice, i will gladly tunnel people like you.

    Why? Explain what you mean by people like me, thanks.

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2279141#Comment_2279141

    Sadly. They don’t want to see the problems they are causing.

    Have you considered that you might be wrong?

  • No, I don’t think I will. Have you considered that YOU might be wrong?

  • peak survivors.jpg

    This is the first time I upload a picture I hope it works

  • FBB28E81-2019-467A-8174-911368CE0335.jpeg

    I can't wait to get autobanned because someone reports me for tbagging or something

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2279393#Comment_2279393

    Problem with this system is, that a report might end up at the desk of a overworked employee who just wants to end the shift and doesn't really check the account. But instead just hits the ban button and next.

    And how is that worse then the current system where they have to check every report manually.

    The whole point is to make it go smoother. It's so all those false reports don't waste time anymore.

    Probably things like when it sees the words tunneling, camping, teabagging it will just ignore the report.

    This system wil make that less likely to happen that an overworked employee just hits the ban button

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2280620#Comment_2280620

    No, I don’t think I will. Have you considered that YOU might be wrong?

    Of course!

    Anyone who doesn't consider the possibility of being wrong is a fool.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2280506#Comment_2280506

    And how is that worse then the current system where they have to check every report manually.

    The whole point is to make it go smoother. It's so all those false reports don't waste time anymore.

    Probably things like when it sees the words tunneling, camping, teabagging it will just ignore the report.

    This system wil make that less likely to happen that an overworked employee just hits the ban button

    If you think people send in a lot of false reports now, then just wait until the autoban system goes live. The reports will spike.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2280664#Comment_2280664

    If you think people send in a lot of false reports now, then just wait until the autoban system goes live. The reports will spike.

    Read what i said again.

    The reports can spike all they want.

    A system like this filters out false reports. That's the whole point behind it.

    False reports won't be looked into again cause they won't have to manually check anymore if a report is fake or not.

    The only reason this discusion is even a thing is cause they chose a poor name for the system

  • @Nehalennya said:

    uff, I read the long discussion here and my thoughts are:

    -this is off-topic discussion - some of the things written here have nothing to do with the intension of the one who made the

    thread.So I will split up my thoughts in "on topic" and "off-topic"

    -it shows the community and that lots of people are right to be worried about players abusing an "auto-ban-system". I

    think this, because the DBD rules were posted a few times which made clear:

    tunneling, slugging and camping is NO reason for a ban... but some people are ignoring this completely and still saying- it is ban reason..

    -the quotes of the stream (i saw the stream, too)didn't make clear in which situations negative reports are going to cause an

    auto-ban by a bot or by a support member of the team who makes the decision.

    -I think "newer" players are not afraid about what happens when dbd teams says "we know what we are going to do

    and it will will be great- trust us" and experienced players or players who are playing the game since a few years just hear in those moments "we did a pretty good job so far"-(thougths: yeah, they fix 1 thing and 3 others are crashing... they fix 3 things... 10 things are crashing.. gameruining bugs= oh,let's fix skin sets and cosmetics first...) - so I think that everyone knows they WANT to do a good and fair ban system and are working on it... but at least... the question is: how long will that last? how many people are getting banned for no reason until they realize something is broken?" etc...

     

    So back to the topic ...

    When I remember correctly, it is like this with the votes: 0,25 survivor vote after the game, 1,0 killer vote. Some things have

    been automated for a long time like - DC statistics or balance between positive votes (thumbs up) and down votes. So I think, they try to get out hackers faster in the first line- actually it takes ages, video reports etc, until a hacker is getting banned. But most players are reporting hackers, so I think they try to do something against hackers in a more efficent way and in this situation that means- that a person gets lots of reports because of hacking in the shortest possible time- so the "auto-ban"system prevent the player from continuing. I don't think they have the intention to "auto-ban" a player permanently by a bot for "bad behaviour". When I understood the 5th anniversary stream correctly, I think the "auto-ban"system just bans temporarely- and perma bans are just possible by a team member of BHVR. So in my opinion, this is a good idea.

    BUT... when you see the temp bans for DC when game crashes or steam is down while you are in a match or when the game has issues and kicks you out.. .and how long you are banned for nothing sometimes and have to wait, I think it is possible the auto-ban system they want to implement -will be first tested on a test server... and then live... ignoring any mistakes on test server and I think there is a high chance the "auto ban" system will be a mess in the first weeks and that a lots of accounts of innocent players will be banned for a while.

     

    The thing about the "camping"- ban reason... (just to make clear what exactly causes the different sight of the rules): some years ago, dbd team said in a live stream it is part of this game that one side is not satisfied because both sides have different goals and just one side can win. For winning a game everything is allowed as long as you are not bugabusing by purpose or hacking. Some months later they said they are aware of toxic behaviour and don't like this and that in some cases it is ban reason. In the list of ban reasons for temp and perma bans is explained that lots of gamestyles which are not "nice" are not a ban reason- but on another explanation they said, too: Griefing a game is ban reason- and camping CAN be a ban reason - BUT just when the same killer meets the same surv in a couple of games and the killer focus on this one survivor from the beginning of the game and camp him in every match they meet without a reason- just for ruining his game experience- that is reason for a ban. (to be honest: sometimes you meet the same players or lobbys 2-3 times in 6-7 hours, but most time you just meet the same players 1-2 x in some hours- ... so this situation is very unlikely. This is similar with the discussions with the use of flashlight macro if it is bannable reason or not- i had a discussion with the support some weeks ago about this- and they made clear that this depends on the situation and the use of this flashlight macro if it is reason for perma ban or not. So at this point- sometimes, players have different points of views because there are different statements of BHVR. But nobody should close the eyes and just see the "own" point of view when some people are checking facts in official statements of the team - like the actual ban rules.

     

    So.. back to off-topic discussion here:

    I want to add something- i play both sides but i prefer playing killer. I did my rank 1 achievement as killer as pig without camping and tunneling just when surv forced me to (you are main surv and now think: that is not possible?? YES it is- run into killer with DS or BT and block him to hit another surv... maybe start to tbag behind pallets or follow the killer with clicking flashlight or jumping windows to just make noise - or have a key and camp the hatch or near the hatch and let the killer realize that you wait for the other mate to die... OR .. don't ever leave a hooked person, run around, make scratchmarks and rescue a mate in front of the killer instead of running away in a chase ... in my opinion this often means you are begging for getting tunneled or camped). So when surv are playing fair- I stay fair, too- but it is a way much harder to get rank 1 with fair play- but it is more fun- but- there is NO reason to say as killer "you have to camp at 5 gens, otherwise you will lose every game". As I did rank 1 achievement on surv, I played from rank 4 to 1 solo because it was easier in my opinion- when you play with a full team- you sometimes take more risks or die because you try to save every mate that everyone can leave the game etc... when I play solo I don't try to rescue when the risk is high to get killed after this or run into killer by purpose just to help a mate... or to help someone on the hook with active Noed when nobody finds the totem and killer stays near the hooked person. I agree that both sides can be balanced but also unbalanced. It depends on different things- is a swf coordinated and experienced or do they have a new player with them? Are randoms playing perfect together or farming each other?Which killer do you chose? Just a killer for a daily or your preferred killer? Is your map good for the killer you chose or not? On which map are you playing?

    Not every perk build is effective again every killer/surv. Which bugs are occuring? Are you just doing a quest or do you want to play just for fun or are you just playing for a win? So in my opinion some people are just looking at one perspective... sometimes it helps to change the point of view. When I play DBD, it is a good game for me in this situations:

    1.   Killer didn't facecamp at 4 or 5 gens left. When he facecamps at 2 gens because he has not much hooks or is about losing the game, I don't care because he has the right to try to win.

    2.   Survivors are not behaving toxic- (no I don't mean good players who know how to loop perfectly or how to use a flashlight for saving a mate, I mean really useless toxic behaviour not just skilled survs)

    3.   Sometimes I love meming around and just enjoy funny games- so when I play pig- I don't kill anyone who booped my snoot at 5 or 4 gens left. (after this it depends on situation) - when I play ghostface and I start to tbag a surv on a gen- and he tbags back, or when a surv give up or tries to show me he has a quest to do and bring me gifts etc. or sit together on a campfire, running in slow motion around a tree, or when you are stuck as killer wondering about reason for it and seeing a claudette in front of you.. with your red light in her back not moving.. just going away because you remember she is invisible, etc

    4.   When there are 2x party streamers and both sides are able to do above 15k points or behaving non-toxic- so no camping or tbagging, clicky clicky, tunneling from first do death hook.

    When it is a good game, it isn't important who win or lose in my opinion- I have lots of fun when i play a killer which I know how to use and I have to force a strong team with challenging chases and kills and when I play surv I don't care if I die or not when it is challenging. When I play swf and we force a killer who is much weaker, 1-2 stay into the endgame most times and give him the kills. When I play surv and we have 6-7 rounds with first person getting facecamped at 4 or 5 gens ... we finish the other gens and go out... but this doesn't make fun. But in this case, I just leave chat and after some rounds in a row like this I leave the game or switch on the other side (If you don't want to get camped, play killer :D). BUT... at higher ranks.. I don't play a killer for practising because in 80% surv will start to bully you when they notice you are not able to get game control. Beside of that a killer is not allowed to decide IF or WHO he let out in the end of the game.( When I play surv, I really hate, when another one DCs or is getting kicked out of the game- when i play killer, i hate this, too. When the other 3 are not annoying me with BM, I don't kill the others or just one in the endgame, but not every time-depends on my mood- sometimes surv forget killers are not your friends- and sometimes killer forget the surv have to do the gens to get out. But sometimes I am not sure if I die as solo surv more through killer hands or with the help of another survivor... but I can't blame a killer when another player "help" him with his playstyle. ( When I don't play in a full team, I use different perks- part to protect myself of random players)

    Sometimes I let the one with the key out and then close the hatch - and kill the other (s) without key- most cases I get flamed after this and then i simply say: Well, ONE Key for ONE surv... not ONE for two- this doesn't make any sense. I got flamed because I let last one out because the choice I made was not like the surv would've wanted to. I got accused a few times because of "camping" or "tunneling" or "op"-Perks even it was not like this- as surv with a group we got flamed by killer because we used BT and blocked a hit, so he couldn't camp... or why we played defensive and hided after he tried to facecamp first hooked person at 5 gens left...and a lot of misunderstood situations- There are so many situations where you get flamed or threated in a bad way -but on BOTH sides. Some comments on steam profile are "not nice" too- (threats, insults, etc...sometimes from "friends"of the people you played with) . Lots of players are writing after the chat -most times survivors-: "enjoy your ban for tunneling!"-"reported for not giving hatch!" - "reported for camping as I ran around on the hook and you didn't let me save my mate"..."reported for using flashlight!" "you noob! my mate is just rank 18 and you killed her on high rank- I report you!" - and you have to know as killer if you are forcing a full SWF-squad or random players.. well.. I think it was nearly 50/50 SWF-squads and random players .. etc.. so... some rounds are really fun where everyone behaves fair- where a "gg" is when you win just because one side played better and you have a nice chat after the game or make new friends for joining - but 80% are toxic during a game or in the after chat- so yes, I am afraid ,too, that lots of people will abuse an "auto ban system" if they are able too- or report for random reasons because they are just mad. And I don't hink on this forum it is killer-sided or surv-sided- the problem is that some people are just willing to see own point of view. When you are camping as killer at early game it is as annoying as a surv following you with a clicky clicky, when you use a key - it can happen a killer is outplaying you and avoiding situation you can use it, if you are using DS/BT/unbreakable/XY+insta heal/purple flashlight it is not toxic but allowed- if you use BBQ (fun fact: most killer are using this perks bc of the xp, the aura range reading is just a nice side effect for lots of killer players), NOED, Devour, Nurse Call and good add-ons it is not toxic, too- it is just given by the game to follow your goals in the game. I hope when the "auto-ban"system will be in the game that BHVR will have a live support to delete "unwarranted bans"...but that this will help to get hackers faster out of the game -hackers are ruining much more game experience than BM. I have not decided yet, if I think it is possible that in the first weeks hackers will continue to play for weeks and people which are kicked out of the game because of server issues are getting banned for a really long time until they fixed this... think there will be a lots of bp for the community as excuse and lots of new skins to buy after a unwarranted ban is deleted...

    wow- here it is...written around 3 hours ago or something like that... xD

    i don't want to edit anymore because i am afrait it lasts another hour or so to "check". But.. @Andokuky - I don't think that just player reports with "lies" can cause a perma ban without any proofs- think the worst thing that could happen (in case this auto-ban system will work some day) is a temp ban by the bot. And -as I explained in my text 3 hours ago.. who just got published after being checked- a surv vote counts as 0.25, and killer 1.0. (if they don't change this).

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2280628#Comment_2280628

    Of course!

    Anyone who doesn't consider the possibility of being wrong is a fool.

    Wow. So now I’m getting insulted. Thanks. No wonder people are raging at you after the game. Autoban will surely get you.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2280700#Comment_2280700

    Read what i said again.

    The reports can spike all they want.

    A system like this filters out false reports. That's the whole point behind it.

    False reports won't be looked into again cause they won't have to manually check anymore if a report is fake or not.

    The only reason this discusion is even a thing is cause they chose a poor name for the system

    Correct. A working autoban system would work like this and filter the reports.

    But remember, the new map got disabled 2 hours after its release. So i wouldn´t be to optimistic, that the autoban system works as intended. At least not when it starts.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2280708#Comment_2280708

    Correct. A working autoban system would work like this and filter the reports.

    But remember, the new map got disabled 2 hours after its release. So i wouldn´t be to optimistic, that the autoban system works as intended. At least not when it starts.

    Wether they can get it to work or not is irrelevant to the point I'm making that this system won't ban people on it's own.

    Outside of our reports taking longer to go through there is no real downside to us if they mess it up.

    So unless they accidentally create a killer AI there is no real reason to be pessimistic about it

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2280669#Comment_2280669

    Wow. So now I’m getting insulted. Thanks. No wonder people are raging at you after the game. Autoban will surely get you.

    Who insulted you?

    I only said that it's foolish to never consider the possibility of being wrong.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2280767#Comment_2280767

    Who insulted you?

    I only said that it's foolish to never consider the possibility of being wrong.

    You insulted me, you called me a fool, because I think I’m right! That’s definitely not nice just so you know.

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2280818#Comment_2280818

    You insulted me, you called me a fool, because I think I’m right! That’s definitely not nice just so you know.

    I actually said that people who do not consider the possibility of being wrong are fools.

    If you applied that to yourself, that's on you.

    Most people think they are right. Most people also acknowledge that they COULD be wrong.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2280829#Comment_2280829

    I actually said that people who do not consider the possibility of being wrong are fools.

    If you applied that to yourself, that's on you.

    Most people think they are right. Most people also acknowledge that they COULD be wrong.

    I guess I’m not most people then.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2278272#Comment_2278272

    Play a match of solo survivor and you will realize just how formidable and overpowered the killer is. Survivors stand no chance against killers running a multitude of regression perks that allow them to exert map pressure effortlessly. Many killers have powers that make pallets and windows worthless, broken add-ons that amplify their powers by astronomical proportions.

    When the killer has such a ridiculous advantage, why should they still be allowed to exploit camping/tunneling/slugging? The killer makes the game incredibly difficult for survivors as is, they should not be able to prevent us from playing the game even more. Camping/tunneling/slugging are unfair tactics, very unsportsmanlike and worthy of punishment.

    🤣 As funny as it is I have to agree with you.

    The killer has such an incredible advantage over a solo survivor, and this is true there's no denying that.

    But once you finally hit red ranks or even purple ranks, you will notice that survivor in this game is ridiculously easy to play no matter against what killer.

    Been in red ranks for so long on both sides as solo that I run no mither builds (without iron will) or even perkless and still have an easy time doing that.

    I even stopt using items entirely (except for rift challenges), not even running a medkit and not even use healing perks.

    So once you finally get into purple ranks at least on both sides, that come back with an unbiased conclusion.

    Cause there is no way you are already there unless you've been boosted to it, which explains why you have that mindset that solo survivor is practically impossible to play.

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2280533#Comment_2280533

    Why? Explain what you mean by people like me, thanks.

    People who think tunneling, camping is a offense and should be bannable.

  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2280605#Comment_2280605

    People who think tunneling, camping is a offense and should be bannable.

    It should though.

  • Who do you think BHVR would ban? Campers or the ones who report them even when the devs said its not bannable?


    Its a tactic.

  • If this autoban feature goes live it's gonna backfire on BHVR and they'll have to remove it.

  • did you read my explanation about the ban things? Even if you WISH you could let ban players who are camping- it is NOT possible for this reason. i explained reason for this "misunderstanding" and in what exactly situation camping can be a ban reason- but forum messed up with "checking" around 3 hours or so... so that text of me "vanished" on site before.No one accuses you of being a fool- but you are misinformed. And it doesn't make sense to discuss about rules fact- but it is understandable when you see how those misunderstandings and different information are spreading- so it is understandable, but still it is wrong- it is not a bannable offense for hiding into lockers the whole game or waiting for another player to die or for annoying the killer with BM, too. When you read my long explanation i think you will understand reason for different information on different players.

  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2281087#Comment_2281087

    Who do you think BHVR would ban? Campers or the ones who report them even when the devs said its not bannable?

    Its a tactic.

    I think the idea about the new ban system is great- but perma bans are just given by a human (they explained it like that when I remember correctly). Think the focus is on removing hackers faster in the first line- not people bc of BM. Actually lots of people are reporting for wrong reason, too and as long as it is not rule breaking reason, nobody cares. Sometimes there are misunderstandings - e.g. you play Spirit or Wraith and invisible running around anc return the moment to a hooked one when there is a surv to unhook- in 90% you were accused that you camped around - even you were on the other side of the map. But even IF you camp, it is legit. It is not nice, but legit. I don't camp because it is just boring to play like this- I don't want to wait for 5-10 minutes just to stand around- but i understand everyone who does- when you stay too fair as killer you got blamed for things which didn't happen, you got flamed or threated and you have to follow surv rules- or you have to let everyone out and agree with an "GG EEEZZZ" - and you have less points and maybe a pip less. So i think it makes sense to get flamed (bc in most cases you get flamed, no matter what you do) AND have more points and a pip more. So it is easier maybe to just camp and wait until the points are running to you instead of searching, running around and pay attention to anything. ( I don't know if it is exactly like this, but otherwise it wouldn't make any sense). Surv should remember the goal for surv is not everyone to escape.. but doing gens and get out of the map. So if a killer camps one surv, they have enough time to do the gens really fast and go out- and killer will not have much points and lose rank/pip. It is annoying when you have to play like this, I lose interest in the game when this happens some games in a row- but in some cases you can rescue the hooked one when everyone plays as team - except at one shot killers. But there is a difference between annoying behaviour and bannable rules breaking behaviour. but... because in most cases a new mechanic doesn't work or the game is not playable for a while... the chance is really high they mess up when they bring this auto ban thing live for the first weeks. When you have disconnects it is automated time ban and the mechanic work... BUT it doesn't make differences between server issues / game crashes and when you really DC a match by yourself.... and the chatfilter is more fun than it can be taken serious... so I don't expect a new auto- ban mechanic to work in the first weeks. So btw... threatening other players with a ban for no reason can be punished by dbd team and when you do this too often, it can happen, you got banned by yourself- because ban decisions are just in the hand of the team- not in user's hands.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2280506#Comment_2280506

    And how is that worse then the current system where they have to check every report manually.

    The whole point is to make it go smoother. It's so all those false reports don't waste time anymore.

    Probably things like when it sees the words tunneling, camping, teabagging it will just ignore the report.

    This system wil make that less likely to happen that an overworked employee just hits the ban button

    Problem: people are intelligent.

    Reports from players who don't understand the rules can be safely discarded in this system. But say you're a player like the ones on this thread - the ones that know this stuff isn't against the rules and don't care. A player just facecamped you, the first survivor they found, for the whole hook timer, or tunneled you out of the game at 5 gens. You're pissed and wholeheartedly believe that they should be removed from Dead By Daylight, and know that a significant volume of reports can accomplish this, but are aware that the game doesn't agree that your report reason is valid.

    Are you going to report them for camping and tunneling, or are you going to report them for harassment instead, or griefing, and just be vague about what that entails? Or maybe you can even blatantly lie and say they were working with a survivor, or hacking, or any other thing that is against the rules but not disprovable by the chat records and conveniently not backed up by the video evidence the game doesn't have?

    As soon as people figure out how the autoban system works, players are screwed.

  • @Nehalennya said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2280838#Comment_2280838

    did you read my explanation about the ban things? Even if you WISH you could let ban players who are camping- it is NOT possible for this reason. i explained reason for this "misunderstanding" and in what exactly situation camping can be a ban reason- but forum messed up with "checking" around 3 hours or so... so that text of me "vanished" on site before.No one accuses you of being a fool- but you are misinformed. And it doesn't make sense to discuss about rules fact- but it is understandable when you see how those misunderstandings and different information are spreading- so it is understandable, but still it is wrong- it is not a bannable offense for hiding into lockers the whole game or waiting for another player to die or for annoying the killer with BM, too. When you read my long explanation i think you will understand reason for different information on different players.

    There are unfortunately people on this earth who has a huge wall in front of them.

    You can come with fact all you want, but they will never except them unless it fits their story.

    If given up on those type of people as they don't deserve my energy anymore.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282010#Comment_2282010

    There are unfortunately people on this earth who has a huge wall in front of them.

    You can come with fact all you want, but they will never except them unless it fits their story.

    If given up on those type of people as they don't deserve my energy anymore.

    I agree. But I don't think there is a huge difference in fake-reports (so no bannable reasons, just because you are mad about something) compared for today- and there are lots of positive votes,too -and no matter how often you report someone for a non-bannable reason- nobody cares. when someone is reported for hacking- i guess there are lots of reports in a short time- and the worst thing can happen is a time ban until one of the team is taking care of it. As long as one surv vote counts 0,25 I don't think there is something to be worried about players who just want to force the opposite player to play like they want to. But in my opinion I think the only problem will be the experience with new patches and fixes- the last few months they really messed up so many things which were game-breaking- I was shocked about the problems with the RE chapter which occured- so.. seeing this and remembering the last patches and updates... I think an auto-ban system really can be a mess... not because of the players- i am sure everyone knows that sometimes one side (surv or killers) are just toxic af and not interested in facts or in improving gamestyle- so I don't think it will be possible to cause a perma ban just because you are mad by the players... but maybe because the system itself is not working correctly- so actually i wouldn't be surprised if you receive 10 vote ups/ thumb ups for good play, it could be possible you are banned for 1-2 hours or stuff like this.

  • @Tsulan said:

    I honestly expect 20% of the playerbase to receive a (temp?) ban once the autoban system goes live.

    Sounds like a perfect time for 20% of the player base to discover other games. I'll probably be one of them. Wouldn't be the first time I've taken an extended break from DBD.

  • @Nehalennya said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282078#Comment_2282078

    I agree. But I don't think there is a huge difference in fake-reports (so no bannable reasons, just because you are mad about something) compared for today- and there are lots of positive votes,too -and no matter how often you report someone for a non-bannable reason- nobody cares. when someone is reported for hacking- i guess there are lots of reports in a short time- and the worst thing can happen is a time ban until one of the team is taking care of it. As long as one surv vote counts 0,25 I don't think there is something to be worried about players who just want to force the opposite player to play like they want to. But in my opinion I think the only problem will be the experience with new patches and fixes- the last few months they really messed up so many things which were game-breaking- I was shocked about the problems with the RE chapter which occured- so.. seeing this and remembering the last patches and updates... I think an auto-ban system really can be a mess... not because of the players- i am sure everyone knows that sometimes one side (surv or killers) are just toxic af and not interested in facts or in improving gamestyle- so I don't think it will be possible to cause a perma ban just because you are mad by the players... but maybe because the system itself is not working correctly- so actually i wouldn't be surprised if you receive 10 vote ups/ thumb ups for good play, it could be possible you are banned for 1-2 hours or stuff like this.

    Oh yeah i fully understand that they keep fake reporting for them messing up during the match.

    All I can hope is that they will look at that and realise it are fake reports and that person gets a ban for fake reporting.

    But yeah getting to know bhvr these last 5 years makes me think they won't.

    And I'm very confident I'll be a victim of those fake reports, I've been reported so many times if I'm to believe those salty people that the amount would probably end up in a perma ban.

    But we'll have to wait and see, maybe, just maybe, bhvr will surprise me 🤞

  • @offwhiteknight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276418#Comment_2276418

    Sounds like a perfect time for 20% of the player base to discover other games. I'll probably be one of them. Wouldn't be the first time I've taken an extended break from DBD.

    Already prepared some games. Just in case.

  • Same, there is a reason for me to pick up gran turismo sport again after a year absent

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282246#Comment_2282246

    Same, there is a reason for me to pick up gran turismo sport again after a year absent

    Got Fallout 76 during the steam sale. Cost basically the same as the RE chapter.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282253#Comment_2282253

    Got Fallout 76 during the steam sale. Cost basically the same as the RE chapter.

    Hahaha nah nah nah, I'm not gonna get fooled again.

    2 friends of mine told me to buy it, it's fun to do especially with eachother.

    Never had more regrets of buying a game than fallout 76.

    Got it on the ps4 and I'm not touching that ######### again 😂

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282294#Comment_2282294

    Hahaha nah nah nah, I'm not gonna get fooled again.

    2 friends of mine told me to buy it, it's fun to do especially with eachother.

    Never had more regrets of buying a game than fallout 76.

    Got it on the ps4 and I'm not touching that ######### again 😂

    Okay, anyway back to topic 😋

  • I mean there are a few games I'll need to check out such as subnautica below zero, and there are some cool games coming out soon

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276402#Comment_2276402

    So is flashlight clicking a reportable offense? Doesn't show it there

    Apparently so...


    It probably isn't, from a Human perspective, but hey.

    Technically~!

  • no, it isn't.. explained it 3 sites ago... just the use of a flashlight macro CAN be bannable reason but this depends on the use of it...so it also is possible it is is no reason for a ban. When you don't use a macro and just decide to clicky clicky behind a killer - the killer may probably take you out of the game, but this is no ban reason...as I wrote some text's before, I discussed the flashlight macro thing with support a few weeks ago etc. because I didn't find any CLEAR statement for that- it is like... the "camping CAN be bannable reason"... but this just happens under circumstances which are rarely given and in 99,8% it is not bannable reason. and in some situations you just don't know for sure if xyz will end up in a bannable reason or not because the one who reads the support decides what will happen- when it is not a clear decision.


    But the one who started this topic here is afraid of the auto-ban system-and not about ban rules....

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276311#Comment_2276311

    Don’t campers forget they are playing agaisnt a real person? They have every right to be mad. Autoban will finally fix this game.

    If having queue times for survivors under 30 minutes is broken then yes that will "finally fix this game" along with the people that find playing as the Kandarian Demon in Evil Dead far more fun than sweating their ass off in this just to deal with the same sort of autoban system that let league present you with a chatbox where the only two lines that were yours were, "pls stfu and play" and "k muted" while those that solicited in /all to get the other team along with their butt buddies to pile reports on top of you were probably still playing scott free able to spew their profanity and vitriol in other matches before doing the same thing to others. It's gonna work so well with no potential for abuse especially from those god-fearing premades that do no evil ever.

    As soon as Evil Dead is out, if it's even half as fun and decent as the gameplay footage shown recently looks... I'll never touch dbd again. I went four 4 years not touching it since late 2016 until last summer so I have no problem dropping this on a dime seeing the devs show the same neglect and attitude problems they had in 2016 on top of the game still being a mess 5 laughable years later. It's as if a team of amateur modders got together in the computer lab in junior high and decided to make a whole video game together without one single clue ######### they were doing. Hopefully I will get to actually mess around in the RPD map a little before I move over to Evil Dead and Back 4 Blood, but if not, no sweat off my back.

  • @MMRSweatQTimeGunBLUL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276326#Comment_2276326

    If having queue times for survivors under 30 minutes is broken then yes that will "finally fix this game" along with the people that find playing as the Kandarian Demon in Evil Dead far more fun than sweating their ass off in this just to deal with the same sort of autoban system that let league present you with a chatbox where the only two lines that were yours were, "pls stfu and play" and "k muted" while those that solicited in /all to get the other team along with their butt buddies to pile reports on top of you were probably still playing scott free able to spew their profanity and vitriol in other matches before doing the same thing to others. It's gonna work so well with no potential for abuse especially from those god-fearing premades that do no evil ever.

    As soon as Evil Dead is out, if it's even half as fun and decent as the gameplay footage shown recently looks... I'll never touch dbd again. I went four 4 years not touching it since late 2016 until last summer so I have no problem dropping this on a dime seeing the devs show the same neglect and attitude problems they had in 2016 on top of the game still being a mess 5 laughable years later. It's as if a team of amateur modders got together in the computer lab in junior high and decided to make a whole video game together without one single clue ######### they were doing. Hopefully I will get to actually mess around in the RPD map a little before I move over to Evil Dead and Back 4 Blood, but if not, no sweat off my back.

    It won’t be abusable, the only people who will get banned are the ones who should.

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2283552#Comment_2283552

    It won’t be abusable, the only people who will get banned are the ones who should.

    Like you?

    I'm sure you'll be reported by salty Killers for some made-up reason.

    Does that mean you are supposed to be banned?

  • Sorry you had to deal with that. Salty ass survivors, lol (I main survivor in solo que and I've never gotten to this point).

    If the auto ban system does make it to live, I'll laugh so hard. Whoever thought this was a good idea and 'OK'd it' needs to be fired ASAP. Holy hell.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2284157#Comment_2284157

    Like you?

    I'm sure you'll be reported by salty Killers for some made-up reason.

    Does that mean you are supposed to be banned?

    I’m confident I won’t get banned. 1vs4 remember? 1 report won’t do anything.

1 2 3 4