People Like This is Exactly Why An Auto-Ban System Cannot Work

This happened about 15 minutes ago.

One of their friends is still lecturing me about ethics and video games and how I should play in a "nice" way so that I don't accidentally upset others.

However, this is a prime example of why an auto-ban system cannot ever work in this game. This was completely unprompted, I did not even get to message out gg's before the guy messaged me.

Even when confronted with the truth that tunneling, camping and slugging is not bannable, they still act like they'll abuse the ban system when it arrives.

Inkedwhy tho_LI.jpg


Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Damn those guys are really stupid.

  • @gendoss said:

    Damn those guys are really stupid.

    To be fair, they never claimed to be smart.

  • Jesus Christ!


    Yeah that system isn't going to work. EVER.


    Hopefully they never add it. But knowing them, they probably will, and then when queue times become 3+ hours on a good day they'll remove it.

  • @CoalTower said:

    Jesus Christ!

    Yeah that system isn't going to work. EVER.

    Hopefully they never add it. But knowing them, they probably will, and then when queue times become 3+ hours on a good day they'll remove it.

    And by then it will be much too late.



    maybe we'll get console optimization in the same patch they remove the auto-ban XD

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    That 12 year old Nephew shouldn't play this game smh

    I don't get people like this, do they forget that they are talking to a real person? :(

    I've no idea.

  • People like that are the ones whose accounts will be unable to register complaints after the first week becuase they exceed the semi-arbitrary limit of an honest player, and all of their reports will be auto-thrown into the trash bin.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    People like that are the ones whose accounts will be unable to register complaints after the first week becuase they exceed the semi-arbitrary limit of an honest player, and all of their reports will be auto-thrown into the trash bin.

    I hope so, but this is BHVR we are talking about here.

    In all likelihood, there'll be a bug where instead of throwing out their reports, it automatically bans anyone they report.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    That 12 year old Nephew shouldn't play this game smh

    I don't get people like this, do they forget that they are talking to a real person? :(

    Don’t campers forget they are playing agaisnt a real person? They have every right to be mad. Autoban will finally fix this game.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276319#Comment_2276319

    I hope so, but this is BHVR we are talking about here.

    In all likelihood, there'll be a bug where instead of throwing out their reports, it automatically bans anyone they report.

    ... yep.

    Edit: or they forget to impliment an autodelete system outright.

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276311#Comment_2276311

    Don’t campers forget they are playing agaisnt a real person? They have every right to be mad. Autoban will finally fix this game.

    Given that I have been called a camper after I literally moried all 4 survivors with DEVOUR HOPE...

    I wouldn't trust most survivors words on camping.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276308#Comment_2276308

    And by then it will be much too late.

    maybe we'll get console optimization in the same patch they remove the auto-ban XD

    Maybe 😂

    @[Deleted User] said:

    That 12 year old Nephew shouldn't play this game smh

    I don't get people like this, do they forget that they are talking to a real person? :(

    Why not? This isn't necessarily an adult game. I'd literally let a 9 year old play, especially given the fact that I was that old when I started playing.

  • Funny thing is, they're either going to get their wish & have innocent people banned = longer queue times, or they'll get banned themselves for false reports.

    It's all up to BHVR.. oh joy.. let me get the popcorn..

  • Be super careful with XBL reports, anyone can mess up your XBL reputation for literally anything or nothing at all. Up to you but I never suggest replying to messages, Xbox is easily exploitable and a simple reply or party invite accepting gives them your location and ability to ddos you.

    I have to deal with this on the daily as an Xbox Killer and have had my fair share of unjust bans, rep drops and ddos attacks because I dared to play the bad guy in a video game.

  • God dangit.

    Can the devs pls make an official anouncement that it's an automatic flag system and not an automatic ban system.

    Nobody is going to get banned by a machine. It's sad to see so many people think this

  • Then I'll report them for spamming

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276338#Comment_2276338

    Just refering to this games age rating, since that person talks about reportable stuff I thought that was kinda funny

    Ah, I see

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276311#Comment_2276311

    Don’t campers forget they are playing agaisnt a real person? They have every right to be mad. Autoban will finally fix this game.

    ....

  • @Rougual said:

    Be super careful with XBL reports, anyone can mess up your XBL reputation for literally anything or nothing at all. Up to you but I never suggest replying to messages, Xbox is easily exploitable and a simple reply or party invite accepting gives them your location and ability to ddos you.

    I have to deal with this on the daily as an Xbox Killer and have had my fair share of unjust bans, rep drops and ddos attacks because I dared to play the bad guy in a video game.

    I'm not worried. I've dealt with it before, and my record is spotless.

    Also, Xresolver exist

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276311#Comment_2276311

    Don’t campers forget they are playing agaisnt a real person? They have every right to be mad. Autoban will finally fix this game.

    I literally had zero penalty to Chaser.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/257844/people-like-this-is-exactly-why-an-auto-ban-system-cannot-work

    I fail to see how this friend is in the wrong here? Tunneling/camping/slugging are all reportable offenses in the unsportsmanlike category, this is indisputable. Killers who employ these tactics are actively cheating the survivors out of a fair match, preventing them from playing the game and earning blood points.

    @not_Queen said:

    Please remember that Dead by Daylight’s end user license agreement which can be found on https://deadbydaylight.com/en/eula (the “EULA”) governs your participation and use of the game and its associated upgrades, patches, and updates and related services. In case of conflict between the EULA and this page, the EULA will prevail.

    Hello, good people of the fog!

    We now have a team Associate Community Managers, as well as an updated in-game report system.
    With your help, we will be able to find the players who are creating a bad game experience and punish them appropriately, making the game a better place.

    HOW TO REPORT A PLAYER

    You may only report things that happen directly to you or in a game that you were in.
    Reporting for other people is not allowed and these reports will be discarded.
    (ie. Reporting someone on behalf of a friend, streamer, or other)

    Fill the In-game report

    An In-game report MUST be made. This is not optional, and is a must to help us identify the person in your game as well as find any other evidence we need.

    Customer Support ticket?

    • Video evidence is required or heavily suggested for some offenses, please refer to the lists below.
    • Whilst you can report offenses directly to our support, please only do so for serious offenses like cheating, hacking, DOX/death threats.

    Discarded reports reasons

    THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT CONSIDERED BANNABLE OFFENSES - PLEASE DO NOT REPORT

    • Camping
    • Slugging
    • Tunneling
    • Streamsniping
    • Teabagging
    • Bodyblocking
    • Looping

    NOTE:
    We do not control anything that happens outside of Dead by Daylight.
    This includes private Steam messages/groups/names, PS4/XBOX messages, Discord messages, Twitch/social media interactions, etc. Anything that occurs on these platforms must be reported to the respective authorities.

    PERMANENT BANS

    List of bannable offenses

    Hacking in-game exclusives and / or legacy skins

    The acquiring of any in-game skin through anything other than official channels (ie. codes, giveaways, etc.)
    The possession of legacy skins without earning them. The cutoff to earn legacy skins happened on November 24, 2016. If a player has obtained legacy skins after this date, then it is considered cheating.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    Cheated progress / modifying your save file

    We need the profile of the person you are reporting. Reportable via support team.
    Using any 3rd party software or other method to cheat your save file or any measure of progress contained within your save file. This includes using someone else’s save file.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    Threats

    Excessive and serious threats against someone, including DOX threats, life threats, disclosing private information, etc.
    You can fill a support ticket to provide more information, Screenshots and video are optional, but highly recommended.
    Reminder: everything that happens out of the game should be reported to the appropriate platform. (ie: Twitch, Discord, Steam, Sony, Microsoft)
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Other Hacks

    In-game report under Unsportsmanlike is MANDATORY
    Using 3rd party software or other tools to gain any kind of unfair advantage that wasn’t intended by the game, except if they have been whitelisted by us. We are not banning for the use of communication apps.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    TEMPORARY BAN

    List of bannable offenses

    24h -> 48h -> 1w -> Permanent

    This is a sliding scale and determined on a case-by-case basis. If an offense is considered to be particularly egregious, the duration of the ban may skip one or more steps in this process.

    Any previous permanent bans on your record will result in all future offenses being a permanent ban.

    Harassment: Communications Abuse

    • Insults, intimidation, hateful speech, repeated harassment
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Griefing: Intentional Gameplay Abuse

    • Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates
    • Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience
    • Holding the game hostage
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Exploits: Abusing bugs or errors in design to gain a competitive advantage

    • Advertising exploits
    • Exploit bugs, errors in design, or undocumented features to gain access to what otherwise would not be available or to obtain a competitive advantage
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Specific exploits that we will ban for until they are resolved:

    • Bloodweb Progress/Prestige Exploit
    • 2+ Killer Exploits

    Unsportsmanlike Conduct

    • Botting
    • Lag switching
    • Disconnects (leaving the match before killed or sacrificed) - DO NOT REPORT
      For both Botting and Lag switching, in-game reports are REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    About Disconnects bans - DO NOT REPORT

    Disconnects are handled by the disconnection penalty system. No further action will be taken on reports.

    BAN APPEALS

    Cannot be appealed

    • Temporary bans
    • Social Media bans/blocks (Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
    • Unofficial Fan sites / Fan groups

    Forum bans: APPEALS

    Please check this link.
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/140-ban-appeals

    Permanent bans : APPEALS

    Send a Ticket to support.deadbydaylight.com
    If the ban is an automated EAC ban, please contact EAC directly. https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/game/contact/appeal/

    Console bans

    The rules are the same as the PC bans

    Crossplatform ban evasion

    Players who have violated our rules multiple times leading to permanent bans could get their access revoked on any accounts they make if the player is seen committing bannable offenses after the very first permanent ban. The structure and severity of these bans are followed throughout any platform.

    Abuse of Support Services

    This includes making false support tickets and lying to support agents. Our agents are always here to help the community. However, those making false tickets just to get a step ahead of everyone else and take advantage hinders our ability to better help everyone. Penalties include suspension of your support services, up to a permanent ban of your in-game account.

    Discarded reports reasons

    THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT CONSIDERED BANNABLE OFFENSES - PLEASE DO NOT REPORT

    • Camping
    • Slugging
    • Tunneling
    • Streamsniping
    • Teabagging
    • Bodyblocking
    • Looping


  • I have no idea whether or not I tunneled.

    I double pip'd and got 36K points

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276403#Comment_2276403

    I have no idea whether or not I tunneled.

    I double pip'd and got 36K points

    How do you not know if you are tunneling?

  • I honestly expect 20% of the playerbase to receive a (temp?) ban once the autoban system goes live.

  • Looking at this guys previous post history, I wouldn't give him the time of day. He seems like a troll/astoundingly entitled survivor main.

  • How did they message you? Is this on Steam or Discord or something? How did they know where to find you on Discord if so?

  • @BaronVonChickenpants said:

    How did they message you? Is this on Steam or Discord or something? How did they know where to find you on Discord if so?

    This is Xbox.

  • Because I don't care/pay attention?

  • #########, you are playing a game without paying attention to it? 😂

  • The autoban system would need a serious anti-abuse system built-in to work, otherwise strong killers can just say bye bye.

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276445#Comment_2276445

    #########, you are playing a game without paying attention to it? 😂

    Because I play for fun?

  • @Rougual said:

    Be super careful with XBL reports, anyone can mess up your XBL reputation for literally anything or nothing at all. Up to you but I never suggest replying to messages, Xbox is easily exploitable and a simple reply or party invite accepting gives them your location and ability to ddos you.

    I have to deal with this on the daily as an Xbox Killer and have had my fair share of unjust bans, rep drops and ddos attacks because I dared to play the bad guy in a video game.

    Reminds me of when a friend on ps4 messaged a killer saying why did you camp and got banned from PSN for 48 hours because camp was apparently a bad word...

  • Oh, thanks! Looks v different from other Xbox message exchanges I've seen posted online. How do you get this message interface? The ones I've seen look more like text messaging app

  • Then why do you care so much about winning?

  • @BaronVonChickenpants said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276439#Comment_2276439

    Oh, thanks! Looks v different from other Xbox message exchanges I've seen posted online. How do you get this message interface? The ones I've seen look more like text messaging app

    I use the PC app.

  • Because winning is generally more fun than losing?

  • Yeah it is. Is it also fun to make the game ######### for anyone else unlucky enough to get into a game with you?

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276510#Comment_2276510

    Yeah it is. Is it also fun to make the game ######### for anyone else unlucky enough to get into a game with you?

    Is it fun trolling a Forum?

    Why are you so aggressive?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276520#Comment_2276520

    Is it fun trolling a Forum?

    Why are you so aggressive?

    I’m not trolling. How am I aggressive? I’m a kind person.

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276311#Comment_2276311

    Don’t campers forget they are playing agaisnt a real person? They have every right to be mad. Autoban will finally fix this game.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/257844/people-like-this-is-exactly-why-an-auto-ban-system-cannot-work

    I fail to see how this friend is in the wrong here? Tunneling/camping/slugging are all reportable offenses in the unsportsmanlike category, this is indisputable. Killers who employ these tactics are actively cheating the survivors out of a fair match, preventing them from playing the game and earning blood points.

    Damn, sorry but at this point you two don't seems like simple sluzzy fans anymore but like people that also believe earth is flat and a tinfoil hat helps you.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    God dangit.

    Can the devs pls make an official anouncement that it's an automatic flag system and not an automatic ban system.

    Nobody is going to get banned by a machine. It's sad to see so many people think this

    I stopped trying to tell people that after 3 threads.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276326#Comment_2276326

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276334#Comment_2276334

    Damn, sorry but at this point you two don't seems like simple sluzzy fans anymore but like people that also believe earth is flat and a tinfoil hat helps you.

    So you are insulting us because you don’t agree with us?

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276624#Comment_2276624

    So you are insulting us because you don’t agree with us?

    No because talking to you guys is like talking to the kind of people I described. Just like talking to a Brick wall. There is no logical discussion with you, either we agree or anything is wrong. I read a bunch of both of your threads and a other guy and you three are all blowing the same horn and the mostly the only ones agreeing in your respective threads.

    So i am not directly insulting you but comparing you to a special group of people which behaviour is mirrored by yours.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/257844/people-like-this-is-exactly-why-an-auto-ban-system-cannot-work

    I fail to see how this friend is in the wrong here? Tunneling/camping/slugging are all reportable offenses in the unsportsmanlike category, this is indisputable. Killers who employ these tactics are actively cheating the survivors out of a fair match, preventing them from playing the game and earning blood points.

    "Tunneling/camping/slugging are all reportable offenses in the unsportsmanlike category"

    image.png

    Yeah nice try though.

  • I really hope when the auto-ban system comes if someone puts the words camping or tunneling in their report it automatically ignores it.

  • @Pulsar the IQ of some of these people responding to you makes me lose faith in humanity, just when you think there's no way someone can be that dumb these guys say hold my beer

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/257844/people-like-this-is-exactly-why-an-auto-ban-system-cannot-work

    I fail to see how this friend is in the wrong here? Tunneling/camping/slugging are all reportable offenses in the unsportsmanlike category, this is indisputable. Killers who employ these tactics are actively cheating the survivors out of a fair match, preventing them from playing the game and earning blood points.

    @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276311#Comment_2276311

    Don’t campers forget they are playing agaisnt a real person? They have every right to be mad. Autoban will finally fix this game.

    You call the optimal tactic in the game (at some points) bad and tell the Killer to play to your rules. On what ground? You want pity and compassion just because of...well what?

    It is clearly statet that non of these is a offense that is bannable. BHVR has made that clear as daylight.

    Sure the survivor can be mad about this. But that does not mean it is unsportsmanlike or an offense at all. Also it is not cheating do not even suggest that. The Killer is playing to his objective which is to get sacrifices. What you call a "fair match" here is asking the Killer to be the NPC in this game.

    You seem to misunderstand that even thou a tactic is not "nice" it is not unsportsmanlike. Just because a tactic is not "fun for you" it is not bannable and just because you can not play what you lable a "fair game" does not mean the action was "unfair". The rules of this game are made by BHVR and not by the survivor rulebook.

    Is it "unsportsmanlike" to gank the same person over and over again in League of Legends? Is it "unsportsmanlike" to focus the healer/support first? Is it unsportsmanlike to stall for time or provoke an offside in soccer? I do not think so. Sure this is boring an the players on the receiving end have less fun. But it is in the game and it is not against the rules.

    If you want this gone then you should appeal for change the rules with clear reasoning. Not try to punish things that are not against the rules just because you do not like them.

  • yeah i dont really get how the Devs didnt think of that.

    like, they should really know their community at this point... sadly the person in the screenshot is by far not the only one with such a mindset.

  • @Gwinty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276334#Comment_2276334

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276326#Comment_2276326

    You call the optimal tactic in the game (at some points) bad and tell the Killer to play to your rules. On what ground? You want pity and compassion just because of...well what?

    It is clearly statet that non of these is a offense that is bannable. BHVR has made that clear as daylight.

    Sure the survivor can be mad about this. But that does not mean it is unsportsmanlike or an offense at all. Also it is not cheating do not even suggest that. The Killer is playing to his objective which is to get sacrifices. What you call a "fair match" here is asking the Killer to be the NPC in this game.

    You seem to misunderstand that even thou a tactic is not "nice" it is not unsportsmanlike. Just because a tactic is not "fun for you" it is not bannable and just because you can not play what you lable a "fair game" does not mean the action was "unfair". The rules of this game are made by BHVR and not by the survivor rulebook.

    Is it "unsportsmanlike" to gank the same person over and over again in League of Legends? Is it "unsportsmanlike" to focus the healer/support first? Is it unsportsmanlike to stall for time or provoke an offside in soccer? I do not think so. Sure this is boring an the players on the receiving end have less fun. But it is in the game and it is not against the rules.

    If you want this gone then you should appeal for change the rules with clear reasoning. Not try to punish things that are not against the rules just because you do not like them.

    Everyone should have fun, not just the killer and not just the survivor. You need to think about other people. Some killers are just so selfish and tunnel every chance they get. These are the people who ruin the game. There are other people behind the screen and you never know what they are going through.

  • The reports are still gonna be processed by a human. Probably.

    The amount of reports will just change the order they will check them

‹ 1 2 3 4