I truly love this chapter, that is all.

Well, I do have some gripes, like how my cosmetics were turned into sets after I had already bought them, and the map being disabled, the pallets flickering invisible at some angles is also quite annoying and having the zombies neutured feels a little annoying, other than that, pretty solid.

Comments

  • Honestly the map being disabled is a good thing imo.

  • I like it as well. It comes with some major flaws, but other than that, I love it. I hope they fix the issues soon

  • @Seanzu said:

    Well, I do have some gripes, like how my cosmetics were turned into sets after I had already bought them, and the map being disabled, the pallets flickering invisible at some angles is also quite annoying and having the zombies neutured feels a little annoying, other than that, pretty solid.

    They we're probably already sets but the coding maybe took a while to catch it.

    @Phasmamain said:

    Honestly the map being disabled is a good thing imo.

    They should open some of those area where the (counter) desk) makes it an infinite.

  • I love the map and am looking forward to getting it back despite how much some people are insisting that I and the other people who enjoy it shouldn't be allowed to have it.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    I love the map and am looking forward to getting it back despite how much some people are insisting that I and the other people who enjoy it shouldn't be allowed to have it.

    Nobody is saying that.

    What people are saying is that the map CRASHED their games.

    Unless you are talking about the PTB feedback for the map, where it was said that it destroys certain Killers and is confusing.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    I love the map and am looking forward to getting it back despite how much some people are insisting that I and the other people who enjoy it shouldn't be allowed to have it.

    Remember if they can't have fun you can't... 😂

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2274813#Comment_2274813

    Nobody is saying that.

    What people are saying is that the map CRASHED their games.

    Unless you are talking about the PTB feedback for the map, where it was said that it destroys certain Killers and is confusing.


    I'm referring to the many comments that suggest that the map should remain disabled because those people happen to dislike it. Some have similarly taken this opportunity to request that all indoor maps just be deleted altogether.

    The "argument" that something shouldn't exist because that person may happen to dislike the thing in question is tiresome, and it's been raging all day (as I thought it would, because I and many others went through the same nonsense during the PTB). I've read that there have been crashes on Dead Dawg, a map that I hate. Nowhere will I make a comment saying that "less than one percent" of the players like it, that it's "a bad map" that "doesn't belong in DBD" and that "it should just be deleted".

  • I haven't been able to play on RPD yet. I hope it comes back soon. When it's fixed, of course.

  • I really want to run this corridor again. Hopes theres a Marvin, the good cop guy, cameo

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2274834#Comment_2274834

    I'm referring to the many comments that suggest that the map should remain disabled because those people happen to dislike it. Some have similarly taken this opportunity to request that all indoor maps just be deleted altogether.

    The "argument" that something shouldn't exist because that person may happen to dislike the thing in question is tiresome, and it's been raging all day (as I thought it would, because I and many others went through the same nonsense during the PTB). I've read that there have been crashes on Dead Dawg, a map that I hate. Nowhere will I make a comment saying that "less than one percent" of the players like it, that it's "a bad map" that "doesn't belong in DBD" and that "it should just be deleted".

    I haven't seen any of those comments.

    Definitely seen some saying that it's a bad map, which could be true, but I haven't gotten to play on it yet.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2274909#Comment_2274909

    I haven't seen any of those comments.

    Definitely seen some saying that it's a bad map, which could be true, but I haven't gotten to play on it yet.

    I've responded to about six different people saying that just today. One of the first comments in this very thread says that the disabling of the new map is a good thing (which may or may not be another complaint about the map's general existence. I don't know which is why I didn't respond). I can link you to a thread in which someone told me outright that "the majority of players" hate the map, and because that's allegedly the case the map needs to be changed, and that the opinions of people who are, in this person's words, "less than 1 percent", essentially shouldn't matter.

    "It's an objectively bad map". "Just delete all the indoor maps". "This is the most complained-about map since Midwich". "This is the worst map since The Game". "Let's keep this map deleted". If you haven't seen any of this even just today, let alone here and there over the last month (in particular during the PTB), then you must not be clicking the same threads that I am.

    Everyone has every right to hate whatever map they want for whatever reason they like. I don't begrudge them that. What I don't like is the presumptuous, entitled attitude of statements like "can we just delete it". Comments of that nature are de facto assertions that what they like should be allowed, and what they don't like should be eliminated.

  • @mad_hatter said:

    I haven't been able to play on RPD yet. I hope it comes back soon. When it's fixed, of course.

    You aren't missing much.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2274942#Comment_2274942

    I've responded to about six different people saying that just today. One of the first comments in this very thread says that the disabling of the new map is a good thing (which may or may not be another complaint about the map's general existence. I don't know which is why I didn't respond). I can link you to a thread in which someone told me outright that "the majority of players" hate the map, and because that's allegedly the case the map needs to be changed, and that the opinions of people who are, in this person's words, "less than 1 percent", essentially shouldn't matter.

    "It's an objectively bad map". "Just delete all the indoor maps". "This is the most complained-about map since Midwich". "This is the worst map since The Game". "Let's keep this map deleted". If you haven't seen any of this even just today, let alone here and there over the last month (in particular during the PTB), then you must not be clicking the same threads that I am.

    Everyone has every right to hate whatever map they want for whatever reason they like. I don't begrudge them that. What I don't like is the presumptuous, entitled attitude of statements like "can we just delete it". Comments of that nature are de facto assertions that what they like should be allowed, and what they don't like should be eliminated.

    The problem is that they are the majority. Indoor maps are the most hated maps in the game and even the least safe is still almost as strong as Haddonfield if the survivors know how to use the W key and basic stealth, which in the flip side is what survivors usually have to do on indoor maps because even when there are good loops you cannot actually see them.

    I don't think they should be disabled, but at the same time it is genuinely understandable why they are so hated and I think the developers need to take responsibility for the horrendous gameplay they enable.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2274967#Comment_2274967

    The problem is that they are the majority. Indoor maps are the most hated maps in the game and even the least safe is still almost as strong as Haddonfield if the survivors know how to use the W key and basic stealth, which in the flip side is what survivors usually have to do on indoor maps because even when there are good loops you cannot actually see them.

    I don't think they should be disabled, but at the same time it is genuinely understandable why they are so hated and I think the developers need to take responsibility for the horrendous gameplay they enable.

    I personally don't think that there's any way to quantify what the majority of players think in this game, since there's no way to accurately and empirically poll everyone who plays it. I also don't think that what may happen to be a vocal opinion necessarily constitutes the majority, and even if it DID, that's just judging from one source (this forum). There could be tens of thousands of people who have entirely different opinions on all of these maps for entirely different reasons that people express. There are also, unarguably, tens of thousands of people who play this game and don't visit the forum or otherwise express themselves at all. Plus untold people who may be completely indifferent.

    My point is that I don't care who thinks they're right (including myself) or who thinks that something is good or bad. Everyone's going to disagree on something or another. What I'm tired of is the aggressive "just delete it" attitude. There are maps in this game that killer mains hate. Killers in this game that survivor mains hate. Playstyles that loopers hate. No one agrees on camping. No one agrees on teabagging. No one agrees on whether flashlights are fair. No one agrees on which killers deserve nerfs and buffs and which perks are OP.

    The game is for everybody, and variety is what helps to make this a fact. There are now, if I counted correctly, 36 maps in this game. Half a dozen of those are indoors. People who complain about indoor maps to the degree that some of them do are raising hell about maps that take up one sixth, or fifteen percent. That's already a wildly lopsided number, and that fifteen percent is even lower when one considers how frequently other maps - such as the ones that occur multiple times per realm, like Coldwind or Autohaven - are selected.

    Some people love the indoor maps. I'm one of them. I also love the outdoor maps. Often I play as survivor. Sometimes I play as killer. Sometimes I play with crappy people and have to deal with ######### attitudes, sometimes I play with great people who are generous and sportsmanlike. Sometimes I "win". Sometimes I lose. Sometimes I play on maps that I can't stand, but I do it anyway. All of this is perfectly okay to me because I recognize that this game is built to suit all kinds of tastes, styles and preferences, not just my own. And until someone can produce a legitimate, realistic poll that can somehow accurately determine that a map - ANY map - is somehow causing serious grief and performance-related problems that are overwhelmingly unfair to any one side, I completely abhor the attitude that any of them should be taken from players who enjoy them just to appease the ones who don't.

  • @TheStabbiNAngeL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/257588/i-truly-love-this-chapter-that-is-all

    They we're probably already sets but the coding maybe took a while to catch it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2274771#Comment_2274771

    They should open some of those area where the (counter) desk) makes it an infinite.

    There's god windows on rpd?

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Honestly the map being disabled is a good thing imo.

    It’s the right call, but I’m still sad because I’m yet to play on it myself. I was so exited to run around RCPD.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2275116#Comment_2275116

    I personally don't think that there's any way to quantify what the majority of players think in this game, since there's no way to accurately and empirically poll everyone who plays it. I also don't think that what may happen to be a vocal opinion necessarily constitutes the majority, and even if it DID, that's just judging from one source (this forum). There could be tens of thousands of people who have entirely different opinions on all of these maps for entirely different reasons that people express. There are also, unarguably, tens of thousands of people who play this game and don't visit the forum or otherwise express themselves at all. Plus untold people who may be completely indifferent.

    My point is that I don't care who thinks they're right (including myself) or who thinks that something is good or bad. Everyone's going to disagree on something or another. What I'm tired of is the aggressive "just delete it" attitude. There are maps in this game that killer mains hate. Killers in this game that survivor mains hate. Playstyles that loopers hate. No one agrees on camping. No one agrees on teabagging. No one agrees on whether flashlights are fair. No one agrees on which killers deserve nerfs and buffs and which perks are OP.

    The game is for everybody, and variety is what helps to make this a fact. There are now, if I counted correctly, 36 maps in this game. Half a dozen of those are indoors. People who complain about indoor maps to the degree that some of them do are raising hell about maps that take up one sixth, or fifteen percent. That's already a wildly lopsided number, and that fifteen percent is even lower when one considers how frequently other maps - such as the ones that occur multiple times per realm, like Coldwind or Autohaven - are selected.

    Some people love the indoor maps. I'm one of them. I also love the outdoor maps. Often I play as survivor. Sometimes I play as killer. Sometimes I play with crappy people and have to deal with ######### attitudes, sometimes I play with great people who are generous and sportsmanlike. Sometimes I "win". Sometimes I lose. Sometimes I play on maps that I can't stand, but I do it anyway. All of this is perfectly okay to me because I recognize that this game is built to suit all kinds of tastes, styles and preferences, not just my own. And until someone can produce a legitimate, realistic poll that can somehow accurately determine that a map - ANY map - is somehow causing serious grief and performance-related problems that are overwhelmingly unfair to any one side, I completely abhor the attitude that any of them should be taken from players who enjoy them just to appease the ones who don't.

    Applause

  • Pretty much if you have to vault a window from a closed area, then that can become an infinite but with the tentacle strike or Punishment of the Damn or Hatches ,you may hit if you're close enough, but if you miss it's going to punish you heavy

  • Nemesis is so damn fun, even if I suck balls at him.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2275116#Comment_2275116

    I personally don't think that there's any way to quantify what the majority of players think in this game, since there's no way to accurately and empirically poll everyone who plays it. I also don't think that what may happen to be a vocal opinion necessarily constitutes the majority, and even if it DID, that's just judging from one source (this forum). There could be tens of thousands of people who have entirely different opinions on all of these maps for entirely different reasons that people express. There are also, unarguably, tens of thousands of people who play this game and don't visit the forum or otherwise express themselves at all. Plus untold people who may be completely indifferent.

    My point is that I don't care who thinks they're right (including myself) or who thinks that something is good or bad. Everyone's going to disagree on something or another. What I'm tired of is the aggressive "just delete it" attitude. There are maps in this game that killer mains hate. Killers in this game that survivor mains hate. Playstyles that loopers hate. No one agrees on camping. No one agrees on teabagging. No one agrees on whether flashlights are fair. No one agrees on which killers deserve nerfs and buffs and which perks are OP.

    The game is for everybody, and variety is what helps to make this a fact. There are now, if I counted correctly, 36 maps in this game. Half a dozen of those are indoors. People who complain about indoor maps to the degree that some of them do are raising hell about maps that take up one sixth, or fifteen percent. That's already a wildly lopsided number, and that fifteen percent is even lower when one considers how frequently other maps - such as the ones that occur multiple times per realm, like Coldwind or Autohaven - are selected.

    Some people love the indoor maps. I'm one of them. I also love the outdoor maps. Often I play as survivor. Sometimes I play as killer. Sometimes I play with crappy people and have to deal with ######### attitudes, sometimes I play with great people who are generous and sportsmanlike. Sometimes I "win". Sometimes I lose. Sometimes I play on maps that I can't stand, but I do it anyway. All of this is perfectly okay to me because I recognize that this game is built to suit all kinds of tastes, styles and preferences, not just my own. And until someone can produce a legitimate, realistic poll that can somehow accurately determine that a map - ANY map - is somehow causing serious grief and performance-related problems that are overwhelmingly unfair to any one side, I completely abhor the attitude that any of them should be taken from players who enjoy them just to appease the ones who don't.

    I'm basing my experience from talking to people in the various forums, in the game, on discord, in stream chats, etc. Most people that I have talked to about indoor maps really don't like indoor maps.

    So yes, in my experience it is the majority of players. Which is why it would be nice for BHVR to at least acknowledge that most people don't seem to like them and perhaps address some of those issues.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2275245#Comment_2275245

    I'm basing my experience from talking to people in the various forums, in the game, on discord, in stream chats, etc. Most people that I have talked to about indoor maps really don't like indoor maps.

    So yes, in my experience it is the majority of players. Which is why it would be nice for BHVR to at least acknowledge that most people don't seem to like them and perhaps address some of those issues.

    That's still anecdotal, but I understand what you're saying.

    If so many people hate the indoor maps I'd like them to address why - simply saying "they suck, they're imbalanced", etc., isn't enough to warrant calls to remove them from the game. If that many people hate them I'd be curious to know how many hate them for legitimate reasons as opposed to the simple entitlement of "because I don't win as many games on them". Call me cynical but I'm guessing that this is the main complaint, and that it's mainly the killer mains making them. If not, then there just happens to be some kind of universal problem with all the indoor maps that bears objective, "bipartisan" examination. I'd be all for that. What I'm not for is everyone who likes something having to bow to the will of those who don't. I'm not yet aware of any map that was deleted or seriously gutted due to nothing more than the personal preferences of an especially vocal segment of the fanbase, but I don't want to see us getting there either.