All these NoED rants
Where were you when the Devs buffed all levels of Self Care to the Teir 3 perk speed? No issues with that change?
L M F A O
L M F A O
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Objectively speaking, the patch is killer sided. The change to healing alone is a massive buff for killers that outweighs anything survivors got. I'm not saying that it is a bad patch or that healing shouldn't be nerfed. I'm just saying that there is merit to the argument that the patch is favoring killers. The perk changes aren't that big of a deal for either side. But the healing changes will substantially effect every game played from now on.
Honestly, all this healing change will do is encourage smarter gameplay from Survivors and maybe the use of medkits instead of just relying on SC.
Its 4 seconds that distances you from the killer, who will either continue to look for you or be much further from where they lost you, most likely in a new chase.
It also changes anti-heal perks and how long survivors can take 2 hits per encounter. Many games today, survivors chose to stay injured and the games were extremely active.
@Tzeentchling9 You’re joking right? There is a HUGE difference between being able to heal a bit faster with Self Care, and full blown insta-downs. Those two are nowhere near comparable to me, the NOED buff far outweighs the buff Self scare got. The speed nerf of NOED was fine, but the insta-down on all levels was just bad. NOED was a crutch for those Killers who had tier 3 already, now it’s a crutch for EVERY Killer who just gets it. This will only promote more hard camping as “LULZ, I camp out one or two players and when you finish the gens, NOED mops up the rest for me.”
Noed, self care, moonlight, sabo, alert can everyone shut up and just play the game.
I'm still wondering how long it's going to take some of these killers who don't read patch notes to realize they're degrading their emblem by camping. Literally just had a game where they camped two people and me and the other person got away and I got more than double the killer's score even with them getting two kills(they had like 7 or 8k) so there's no doubt in my mind they didn't black pip.
Flashlight fixed so you have to aim the head
Leader vigil streetwise got a nice tweak
Killers wont camp as much if they won't rank down
Saboteur looks useful and more fun
Killer change: noed useful early levels so less grind, make your choice tweak, useless beast of prey tweak
Now survivors can't vault mindlessly like they were used to do rewarding skilled players and punishing bad plays.
One of the most beautiful patch I've seen. Pretty balanced even if I would'be buffed more vigil and leader
Killer sided. Kappa
Agreed, NOED is really double edged for campers. If a killer camps the response from most, and even myself is "Gen Rush". So if you do all the gens, you're not worried about totems so you're not wasting the time you're getting from the killer camping, but then you have NOED procing on top of that and rewarding the counter for camping which is doing gens. It's really weird to work around.
The sabo buff and slug nerf though balanced it out quite well.
Sabo squads are frustrating for the killer again and fun for the survivors.
I loved that "nerf". Perfect example on how the developers "nerf" survivors. They removed the healing efficiency, sure, but they compromised by making all levels of self-care equally good thus buffing it in the long run.
MUH 4 SECONDS REEEEEEE
If anyone says that this patch is the reason they are dropping this game its good. They were probably the type of survivor to dc because they were about to get moried.
Then we will start seeing pitchfork mobs calling for its nerf, again. Although 300% We’ll Make It on yourself was hilarious.
Not even close. 30 extra seconds for a hook to respawn, woopty doo. I would love for survivors to try using sabo against me. It just never works out. Ever. They just wind up wasting time that they could have spent on generators. The change to slugging isn't a big deal at all either. These are both changes have an impact on a small percentage of games. Whereas healing is a major factor in every game played.
Theres perks to counter noe yet survivors dont carry them out of being greedy with their current loadouts. I treat every game as if the killer will be carrying noe and always get every totem with Small Game if possible. Its very easy to disable noe yet people are to lazy to get the totems or not willing to use perks to find them.
If yous treat every game as if the killer is gonna carry noe and get all totems theres nothing to worry about. Its only 5 totems people lol.
^This please
You're forgetting all the killer mains whining every patch how every patch is killer sided despite buffs etc. I mean seriously you could play against bots and be guaranteed easiest difficulty and people on both sides would complain about something.
Bots are OP please nerf
Self-Care used in 99.99% of all matches.
NOED used in....well I don't have any real statistical data for this...but its far less than 99.99%!
There is a difference between 20% more healspeed and one hit.
I know killer main and logic are not big friends
When a survivor is complaining about tier1/2 versions of a perk that got buffed, then you know that its a deranking guy teaming up with rank 20s in order to crush beginner killers.
Just ignore those posts
I remember once I suggested on Reddit that NOED should provide instadowns at all tiers. I was met with half a dozen downvotes and a bunch of people saying "noooo it's too meta run in every build OP perk." Look who's laughing now, Reddit.
But I don't view the NOED buff (or the fact that Self Care is the same at all ranks) as a "buff" so much as a quality of life change for the Bloodweb grind. Instead of having a perk that's useless until level 3 you can still use it at earlier levels and do okay. Perk levels should make a perk better, not useable.
According to the game's history, Self Care Tier 3 used to be 80% speed, so 50% speed is still a nerf compared to how it was originally.
@TigerKirby215 I agree completely.
I doubt anything will change, since noed is a perk for weaker killers.If you are running noed on top tier characters you are just wasting a perk slot with it
Yeah, you are right.
Killer is still underpowered as #########.
But I meant for this patch and I didn't mean the buff to the sabo perk itself, I was talking about the fact, your toolbox is a horse now and you can sabo like 6 hooks with a yellow toolbox.
A full sabo team will dominate a killer not being top tier.