Interview Series episode 9: Dabihwow

Welcome back! Sorry for the terribly long delay been horrendously busy. Since the last one there's been a lot of game announcements. But we'll keep the same format. Welcome @Dabihwow you were the lat person from my selection page. So let's begin. And if someone would like to link my other interviews please do so.

1. How'd you discover the game?

2. How'd you come up with the name Dabihwow?

Comments

  • Here's all the other interviews.

    @WishIcouldmain said:

    Recently I made a post asking if any major forum member would want to be interviewed and was accepted by dspaceman20. Questions will start simple favorites mains and what you don't like. Then I'll get into the balance, and health of the game. So dspaceman20 first questions I'll clump a little to save time.

    1. Which side do you main?

    2. Of that side which character do you main?

    @WishIcouldmain said:

    In my first interview I asked one of the larger forum members dspaceman20 to learn his views on game balance and best way to make the game better. After that success I'm moving on to @GoodBoyKaru. Being he requested second. I have learned more of what works and what doesn't so this one will be slightly different. Thank you GoodBoyKaru for accepting this. We'll start of with simple questions again.

    1. How'd you discover the game?

    2. How'd you come up with the name GoodBoyKaru?

    @WishIcouldmain said:

    After two smash hits with the interviews of dspaceman20 and GoodBoyKaru with good views and reviews the series will continue with @Yords. I've continued to learn and once more this will be a little different. Thank you Yords for accepting this. Let's begin.

    1. How'd you discover the game?

    2. How'd you come up with the name Yords?

    @WishIcouldmain said:

    In my first three series the community was able to learn more about major members dspaceman20, GoodBoyKaru, and Yords. We got to learn their insight and believes about the state if the game. Now we're on to @QwQw and once more we'll learn about his opinions on the state of the game. First questions

    1. How'd you discover the game?

    2. How'd you come up with the name QwQw?

    @WishIcouldmain said:

    With continuous support and viewing we move on to @supersonic853 to learn his views and believed best direction for the game. And for those unaware since I received a complaint I always start off with the simple questions. So then we can focus on trickier questions without an odd simple question in between.

    1. How'd you discover the game?

    2. What's your platform?

    3. How'd you come up with the name supersonic853?

    @WishIcouldmain said:

    We will continue the series after reach my sixth episode. Thank you all for the continuous support. We are moving on to a member with over 10k posts @Hoodied. Thank you for accepting let's begin. But before we start I start off with the simple questions for those unaware.

    1. How'd you discover the game?

    2. How'd you come up with the name Hoodied?

    @WishIcouldmain said:

    After my first interview with my first member over 10k posts we move on to @Weck to discuss his opinions and facts on the game. Once again I start off with the simple questions. So Weck thank you for accepting let's begin.

    1. How'd you discover the game?
    2. How'd you come up with the name Weck?

    @WishIcouldmain said:

    Yeah I'm running out of things to stay these continue to bring in good views and responses so I'm gonna keep them going. We are gonna now move on to @Pulsar. As well if anyone can tell me how to link my past interviews to this page so others could check them it would be much appreciated. So for those unaware we start off with the simple questions so let's begin.

    1. How'd you discover the game?
    2. How'd you come up with the name Pulsar?

    Gotta say, I'm excited for this interview. I've been friends with Dab for a good while, but I don't actually know most of his opinions about the game.

  • It's been a while but I'm glad we have yet another one of these! Thanks again for these dude ^^

  • Glad to see another one! This should be nice.

  • Very happy to see another one of these!

  • Glad to see the series is continuing!

  • New series, yey! Good luck @WishIcouldmain @Dabihwow


    For next, if you continue this series you have to ask to Sluzzy, i wanna learn about her and her DbD experience :)

  • @Northener1907 said:

    New series, yey! Good luck @WishIcouldmain @Dabihwow

    For next, if you continue this series you have to ask to Sluzzy, i wanna learn about her and her DbD experience :)

    Sluzzy has declined several times.

  • So sad, she is one of the interesting colour in this forum.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    Welcome back! Sorry for the terribly long delay been horrendously busy. Since the last one there's been a lot of game announcements. But we'll keep the same format. Welcome @Dabihwow you were the lat person from my selection page. So let's begin. And if someone would like to link my other interviews please do so.

    1. How'd you discover the game?

    2. How'd you come up with the name Dabihwow?

    Sorry I was away, so now that I'm back let's get this show on the road. I might not be able to constantly answer your questions throughout the day so bear that in mind.

    1: I actually discovered this game when I was browsing through Xbox, I think it was February 2018. I saw it and immediately thought it was a campaign game or a tell tale, where people are trying to survive against horror icons. I never got a good look so I dropped it, only to pick it up several weeks later when I found it on twitch, it was during this time the Curtain Call chapter came out with our big boi clown. I watched a streamer Tru3ta1ent during the time and was instantly hooked with the game, and I always wanted to buy it with my own money but never got the chance, until December 2019 during the Cursed bloodline chapter release.

    2: Dabihwow was actually my Xbox username. See the word Dabih didn't come from the anime My Hero academia ( Love it btw), it actually came from a character my dad used to play in World of Warcraft, and Dabih was his name. Dabih was based on Dobby the Houself from Harry Potter. So for some reason, the name stuck with me, and I liked it, it was unique, and I just strangely liked it. So I decided to make it my own, and honestly, I still would wear it with pride.

    Also this is how to pronounce my name FYI ( Dobby-wow)

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/256606/interview-series-episode-9-dabihwow

    Sorry I was away, so now that I'm back let's get this show on the road. I might not be able to constantly answer your questions throughout the day so bear that in mind.

    1: I actually discovered this game when I was browsing through Xbox, I think it was February 2018. I saw it and immediately thought it was a campaign game or a tell tale, where people are trying to survive against horror icons. I never got a good look so I dropped it, only to pick it up several weeks later when I found it on twitch, it was during this time the Curtain Call chapter came out with our big boi clown. I watched a streamer Tru3ta1ent during the time and was instantly hooked with the game, and I always wanted to buy it with my own money but never got the chance, until December 2019 during the Cursed bloodline chapter release.

    2: Dabihwow was actually my Xbox username. See the word Dabih didn't come from the anime My Hero academia ( Love it btw), it actually came from a character my dad used to play in World of Warcraft, and Dabih was his name. Dabih was based on Dobby the Houself from Harry Potter. So for some reason, the name stuck with me, and I liked it, it was unique, and I just strangely liked it. So I decided to make it my own, and honestly, I still would wear it with pride.

    Also this is how to pronounce my name FYI ( Dobby-wow)

    3.Which side do you main?

    4.Of that side which character/s do you main?

  • @Northener1907 said:

    New series, yey! Good luck @WishIcouldmain @Dabihwow

    For next, if you continue this series you have to ask to Sluzzy, i wanna learn about her and her DbD experience :)

    It'd be the most viewed page ever I'd love to do it by she hasn't wanted to got to respect want she wants to do. Also Lord_Tony and Orion would be neat.

  • This one is going to be exciting! Good luck!

    1. If you can take anything from the entity's realm (literally anything, even an exit gate door if wanted), what would you take?
    2. Who's your least favorite survivor/killer?


  • Yay another interview

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2265132#Comment_2265132

    3.Which side do you main?

    4.Of that side which character/s do you main?

    3:I tend to main Killer side, but I have been playing survivor more recently.

    4: For me, its gotta be Clown. Now if I was a survivor, I gotta go with either Steve or Dwight, I relate to Steve as a character, a guy who gets thrown into ######### and has to bust his ass to help others, thats basically my life in a nutshell, Plus I like Dwight because I can be Dwelf

  • @CheeseAnton said:

    1. If you can take anything from the entity's realm (literally anything, even an exit gate door if wanted), what would you take?
    2. Who's your least favorite survivor/killer?

    If it could be literally anything, it would be Jane along with the other survivors if that counts as anthing. They deserve better except Yun Jin Lee she can wrought in that realm

    2: for survivor it has to Elodie, she is so ######### annoying. As for Killer, hag, need I say more?

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2265212#Comment_2265212

    3:I tend to main Killer side, but I have been playing survivor more recently.

    4: For me, its gotta be Clown. Now if I was a survivor, I gotta go with either Steve or Dwight, I relate to Steve as a character, a guy who gets thrown into ######### and has to bust his ass to help others, thats basically my life in a nutshell, Plus I like Dwight because I can be Dwelf

    5.Favorite map/realm as killer?

    6.Least enjoyed map/realm as killer?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2265590#Comment_2265590

    5.Favorite map/realm as killer?

    6.Least enjoyed map/realm as killer?

    5: Now this is gonna sound balzy as hell and wiered, but... Midwitch, I always do well on that map strangely.

    6: Backwater swamp, I ######### hate it,

  • I can't believe I didn't hear about this before!

  • @Beelzeboop said:

    I can't believe I didn't hear about this before!

    Well its happening, P.S. I sent you an email not sure if you got it

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2265789#Comment_2265789

    Well its happening, P.S. I sent you an email not sure if you got it

    Ah, that explains it.

    I pretty much never check my email account.

    I wanna be clear, it's not because I'm lazy, I have actual reasons not to want to look through my emails very often.

    I'll go check it right now.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2265694#Comment_2265694

    5: Now this is gonna sound balzy as hell and wiered, but... Midwitch, I always do well on that map strangely.

    6: Backwater swamp, I ######### hate it,

    7.Favorite map/realm as survivor?

    8.Least enjoyed map/realm as survivor?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2265779#Comment_2265779

    7.Favorite map/realm as survivor?

    8.Least enjoyed map/realm as survivor?

    7: If I'm gonna be honest, i gotta say Macmillian estate, probably the coal tower

    8: Backwater, I ######### hate that map so much

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2265799#Comment_2265799

    7: If I'm gonna be honest, i gotta say Macmillian estate, probably the coal tower

    8: Backwater, I ######### hate that map so much

    9.Favorite survivor perk?

    10.Least enjoyed survivor perk?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2265811#Comment_2265811

    9.Favorite survivor perk?

    10.Least enjoyed survivor perk?

    9: I gotta go with Iron will it literally is a must have

    10: No mither, you are literally a frail piece of paper

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2265883#Comment_2265883

    9: I gotta go with Iron will it literally is a must have

    10: No mither, you are literally a frail piece of paper

    11.Favorite killer perk?

    12.Least enjoyed killer perk?

  • 11: STBFL, I jsut love getting my hits in

    12: Play with your food, its not really worth as much as it makes out to be

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2265943#Comment_2265943

    11: STBFL, I jsut love getting my hits in

    12: Play with your food, its not really worth as much as it makes out to be

    13.What's your dream chapter for the game?

    14.What's kept you playing the game?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2265990#Comment_2265990

    13.What's your dream chapter for the game?

    14.What's kept you playing the game?

    13: My dream chapter is one helluva a list. So for licenses, I'll just say Fnaf chapter ( It got me into the horror genre, don't judge me), Outlast chapter, for it helped redefine psychological horror, F13, and Pinebrook chapter ( If I allow the devs to make it that is, plus it needs to grow). Now for non-liscensed chapters, I would love another circus-themed chapter, which I hope we get an actual amusement park this time, a Pirate killer would be really cool since I was born on national pirates day. A Romanian killer to share my ancestry.

    14: I'd say it was the community, you all are way too much fun to leave behind, you guys are the reason I'm still around. I enjoyed you all, and have kept me sane throughout the ######### show we call 2020. I would be very sad if I left, you mean a lot to me, so thank you community. Plus I spent quite a lot on the game and don't want to throw away that much money for a game I invested into.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2266104#Comment_2266104

    13: My dream chapter is one helluva a list. So for licenses, I'll just say Fnaf chapter ( It got me into the horror genre, don't judge me), Outlast chapter, for it helped redefine psychological horror, F13, and Pinebrook chapter ( If I allow the devs to make it that is, plus it needs to grow). Now for non-liscensed chapters, I would love another circus-themed chapter, which I hope we get an actual amusement park this time, a Pirate killer would be really cool since I was born on national pirates day. A Romanian killer to share my ancestry.

    14: I'd say it was the community, you all are way too much fun to leave behind, you guys are the reason I'm still around. I enjoyed you all, and have kept me sane throughout the ######### show we call 2020. I would be very sad if I left, you mean a lot to me, so thank you community. Plus I spent quite a lot on the game and don't want to throw away that much money for a game I invested into.

    15.what's your platform?

    16.The problems of optimization were brought up by Pulsar highlighting how many hits and downs were denied because he was lagged back. And there many similar instances of lag backs or frozen screen from things as simple as power and perk usage. Why have the devs neglected console? And how quickly should they get it fixed and improved?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2266147#Comment_2266147

    15.what's your platform?

    16.The problems of optimization were brought up by Pulsar highlighting how many hits and downs were denied because he was lagged back. And there many similar instances of lag backs or frozen screen from things as simple as power and perk usage. Why have the devs neglected console? And how quickly should they get it fixed and improved?

    15:Pc

    16: I feel like since Pc tends to be their biggest player base I think it would make sense for them to mostly focus on PC. Given how 'fast' they are with updates, I'd say its something that should definitely be looked at and improved

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2266185#Comment_2266185

    15:Pc

    16: I feel like since Pc tends to be their biggest player base I think it would make sense for them to mostly focus on PC. Given how 'fast' they are with updates, I'd say its something that should definitely be looked at and improved

    You might actually be my first PC I'd have to check

    17.Another discussion that got more traction then usual was the balance of Spirit. The forums blew up with Spirit posts and two grand creators of DBD Scott Jund and Tru3Ta1ent argued wether she was balanced or needed massive changes what do you think?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2266268#Comment_2266268

    You might actually be my first PC I'd have to check

    17.Another discussion that got more traction then usual was the balance of Spirit. The forums blew up with Spirit posts and two grand creators of DBD Scott Jund and Tru3Ta1ent argued wether she was balanced or needed massive changes what do you think?

    17: Oh god, how did I know that someone was gonna bring this up. Look here's the thing, I do agree that Spirit definitely needs more counterplay, however, if you do too much of it she will be mercilessly gutted. So I am in the middle of their views

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2266300#Comment_2266300

    17: Oh god, how did I know that someone was gonna bring this up. Look here's the thing, I do agree that Spirit definitely needs more counterplay, however, if you do too much of it she will be mercilessly gutted. So I am in the middle of their views

    18.How much would be too far?

  • 18: TO the point where you know exactly where she is when she is phasing constantly, almost like you can actually see her through out the duration of the trial

  • What would you think about this perk concept i found on reddit? i think it'd be a good counter against the exposed status.

    SelfOuch.jpg


  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2266331#Comment_2266331

    18: TO the point where you know exactly where she is when she is phasing constantly, almost like you can actually see her through out the duration of the trial

    19. Then what would be the right amount of changes for her since she still needs them?

  • @FilthyLegionMain said:

    What would you think about this perk concept i found on reddit? i think it'd be a good counter against the exposed status.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2H210BFFGZ34/selfouch.jpg

    This isn't really good since it puniches you greatly for a status effect that only lasts ten seconds

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2266340#Comment_2266340

    19. Then what would be the right amount of changes for her since she still needs them?

    I'd say like when she is lets say 12 meters a way from a survivor you hear a loud impeding moan, signaling she is right there, this gives survivors a chance to vault throw down a pallet, or anyother action. Plus they should gut that she can phase while standing still, if you know what I mean

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2266980#Comment_2266980

    I'd say like when she is lets say 12 meters a way from a survivor you hear a loud impeding moan, signaling she is right there, this gives survivors a chance to vault throw down a pallet, or anyother action. Plus they should gut that she can phase while standing still, if you know what I mean

    20. Let's talk about the tragedy of Hillbilly. He went from one of the best killers as well with being balanced. The devs said this then nerfed him. They added overheat which will at times happen. His add-ons are agreed to be garbage. And animations horrendous. And now people play other killers. Why do you think the devs nerfed him in the first place and which of these should be top priority to fix or revert?

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2266185#Comment_2266185

    15:Pc

    16: I feel like since Pc tends to be their biggest player base I think it would make sense for them to mostly focus on PC. Given how 'fast' they are with updates, I'd say its something that should definitely be looked at and improved

    Afaik, console is the biggest playerbase of dbd.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2266992#Comment_2266992

    20. Let's talk about the tragedy of Hillbilly. He went from one of the best killers as well with being balanced. The devs said this then nerfed him. They added overheat which will at times happen. His add-ons are agreed to be garbage. And animations horrendous. And now people play other killers. Why do you think the devs nerfed him in the first place and which of these should be top priority to fix or revert?

    20:I feel like there are many reasons, but a big one was marketing. See Billy is a free killer, meaning devs don't get money from him. And there are other killers already that have similar if not almost exact to what Billy has, Bubba, Blight, and Oni. Those killers you have to pay for, now two of which require one helluva grind to acquire just one of them, and they know this. So they gut Billy and give players a reason to buy the other killers. Now another reason may have been there were too many similarities with other killers, and as a result, they need to make changes to make each killer 'unique' from one another, but if that was the case they really wouldn't have gut Billy the way they did

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267032#Comment_2267032

    20:I feel like there are many reasons, but a big one was marketing. See Billy is a free killer, meaning devs don't get money from him. And there are other killers already that have similar if not almost exact to what Billy has, Bubba, Blight, and Oni. Those killers you have to pay for, now two of which require one helluva grind to acquire just one of them, and they know this. So they gut Billy and give players a reason to buy the other killers. Now another reason may have been there were too many similarities with other killers, and as a result, they need to make changes to make each killer 'unique' from one another, but if that was the case they really wouldn't have gut Billy the way they did

    21. We know that overheat isn't going anywhere but should they do a second add-on pass? And improve animations?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267521#Comment_2267521

    21. We know that overheat isn't going anywhere but should they do a second add-on pass? And improve animations?

    YES. Oh god YES, his overheat isn't what kills Billy, its his addons, and his animations suck a lot. TThey should've left Billy as he was

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267524#Comment_2267524

    YES. Oh god YES, his overheat isn't what kills Billy, its his addons, and his animations suck a lot. TThey should've left Billy as he was

    22.Freddy received a nerf. That lowered some of his abilities. While forever Freddy vanishing was good. But it didn't fix what people said was his core weakness undynamic simple gameplay. Many have called for another rework or revert to Old Freddy great idea I heard came from @GeneralV I'll bring him incase you haven't seen it. What should the devs do with Freddy?

  • Oh hey look, the Billy profile pic is back.

  • @Beelzeboop said:

    Oh hey look, the Billy profile pic is back.

    His chainsaw finally stopped overheating with the OP Big Buckle (PLEASE CHANGE DEVS). Hag will return she just has to set up again.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267975#Comment_2267975

    22.Freddy received a nerf. That lowered some of his abilities. While forever Freddy vanishing was good. But it didn't fix what people said was his core weakness undynamic simple gameplay. Many have called for another rework or revert to Old Freddy great idea I heard came from @GeneralV I'll bring him incase you haven't seen it. What should the devs do with Freddy?

    Thank you, my friend! I've tried my best to come up with a perfect power for Freddy, and I am happy to see you've liked it!

    If you or @Dabihwow would like to see it:


    Power: Dream Demon


    Pull survivors into the Dream World


    -Survivors who are awake do not see The Nightmare.

    -Once targeted by The Nightmare’s power, survivors enter the Dream Transition for 7 seconds.

    -The Nightmare’s Movement Speed Penalty for putting a survivor into the Dream Transition lasts for 1 second.

    -During the Dream Transition Survivors can see The Nightmare intermittently and they suffer from the Incapacitated status effect.

    -When the Dream Transition Lapse, the Survivor is pulled into the Dream World.


    Once in the Dream World:


    -Survivor’s auras are revealed to The Nightmare when they are outside of his terror radius.

    -Survivors suffer an action speed penalty of 40%.

    -To exit the Dream World, Survivors can find non-sleeping Survivors to perform a wake up action.

    -Failed Generator Skill Checks can also wake up.

    -Hooked Survivors wake up.


    Special Ability: Dream Projection


    -Teleport to a Generator in view. Releasing the button early will cancel the action.

    -Survivors cannot interact with the targeted Generator.

    -For each Survivor in the Dream World, the cool-down of using Dream Projection is reduced by stack-able 20%.


    “You have nothing to worry about. This won’t hurt one… little… bit.” -Freddy Krueger

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267975#Comment_2267975

    22.Freddy received a nerf. That lowered some of his abilities. While forever Freddy vanishing was good. But it didn't fix what people said was his core weakness undynamic simple gameplay. Many have called for another rework or revert to Old Freddy great idea I heard came from @GeneralV I'll bring him incase you haven't seen it. What should the devs do with Freddy?

    I have to go with what General suggeste,d its a nic change its seems fun, and it kinda fits freddy

‹ 1 2