Interview Series episode 9: Dabihwow
Welcome back! Sorry for the terribly long delay been horrendously busy. Since the last one there's been a lot of game announcements. But we'll keep the same format. Welcome @Dabihwow you were the lat person from my selection page. So let's begin. And if someone would like to link my other interviews please do so.
1. How'd you discover the game?
2. How'd you come up with the name Dabihwow?
Comments
Thank you, so much :)
My Old Freddy main's heart appreciates it!
I've never played as Freddy, mostly because I want to express my skill when I choose killers to play, and I wasn't around for old Freddy.
I recently saw Otz play as old Freddy, and I was amazed by the difference. I actually wanted to play that killer.
Bringing back some of old Freddy would be awesome. I might actually get Blood Warden and Fire Up if the killer they came with was actually interesting.
This is some good stuff.
I am glad to see you've liked it! Old Freddy was the first killer I've ever played, when I bought DBD back in 2018. He had his weaknesses, granted, but was extremely fun to play as and, without a shadow of a doubt, the most unique killer in Dead by Daylight's history. His on-release version was all of that, but better and stronger.
My idea here was to "merge" both of his powers together, since he would have the Dream Transition and Dream Projection. It would make him strong, viable, but not overpowered.
I aimed for a perfect power, and it warms my heart to see that I might have succeeded.
23.Another killer who is weak and criticized as boring is Legion. Their power is already what you do as killer run around and damage survivors. As well they're power is boring just a mend simulator. As well fine against Solo potatoes but udder disappointment against SWF. Do you believe Legion needs changes and if so what should they be?
Good to see you back mate 👍 keep up the good work
23: I'd say Legion is criminally underrated, yes he does need changes, and make something more unique then just men simulator, but he is not as god awful as what others believe. If you have both sloppy, and thana on him he becomes a struggle to heal back to full health. Its unfun but it definitely scores you a win
24.As well Trapper desperately needs change everyone agrees brown bag base. But some believe he needs more changes to his traps what should this be?
24: Yeah trapper really needs the change, he basically is the worst killer in the game. I'd say he needs to brown-bag base kit, but also another ability other than just placing traps. Let's face it Trapper is a powerless m1 killer, that's all he is, his power to place traps only helps him if the survivors are caught unaware of his traps. He wastes time setting traps up which survivors could use to finish gens, overall he needs a major rework
25. What could be done since we know he'll never be S tier but what's your idea?
I had an idea where he has some better map mobility, since he literally sucks at it like maybe something like the blight rush addon during the 2020 event since it felt so good for him.
Shes a girl?
We shall never know
🤷Cant argue with that.
I wonder if hell interview me if i get to 100 posts!
I don't want that... unless it's 100% invincible to survivors.
they better not be able to hurt my dog!
I had a fairly detailed idea for a hunting dog for Trapper. I'll repost it here.
The dog would have two modes: search and hunt. This would be toggled with the secondary power button, causing the Trapper to whistle and wave towards himself or point in the air, respectively. The dogs default state is search.
Search mode: "C'mere boy/girl!"
Speed: 110%
The dog stays by the Trapper, within 16 meters. If they detect an injured survivor within 8 meters of the Trapper, they will stop moving, growling, bristling, and facing the survivor until the Trapper enters a chase or the survivor leaves the radius.
In this mode, the dog will occasionally go and bring the Trapper bear traps if the Trapper is missing on of the two bear traps he starts with by default if any traps are within 32 meters of the Trapper. They will carry them in their mouth until the Trapper presses the secondary power button, causing him to pet his doggo and take the trap.
While in search mode, the dog's aura is revealed to the Trapper.
Hunt mode: "Get em', boy/girl!"
Speed: 120%
Whenever a survivor is hooked or caught in a trap, gain a token.
If the dog isn't holding a bear trap, the Trapper can burn a token to toggle hunt mode.
In this mode, the dog begins searching for survivors. They have their own terror radius and red stain, half the size of the Trapper's by default. It is not aware of upright pallets, but it is aware of set traps, and will avoid them when possible.
Whenever it sees a survivor within 40 meters, or smells them (survivor within 8 meters), it will howl (same indicator as a scream), and then aggro onto them. It will then chase the survivor until the survivor escapes the chase, the dog detects another survivor with higher priority (discussed in a bit), or they catch the survivor they're chasing.
In the event that they catch a survivor, the dog will grab them, biting their hand. While grabbed, the survivor can't move and can be grabbed by the Trapper. After six seconds, the survivor must complete three very hard skillchecks in rapid succession to escape the dog's grasp. If the survivor succeeds on both checks, they free themselves and stun the dog for three seconds. On a great success, the survivor will throw the dog off of them, causing the dog to run back to the Trapper and enter search mode. If the survivors fail either of the skillchecks, they are injured for one healthstate, and gain the Dog's Bite bebuff.
The dog will attempt to herd survivors into any set bear traps, or into the Trapper's line of sight.
During the endgame collapse, the dog moves 5% faster.
Dog's Bite:
While afflicted with Dog's Bite, good success zones on skillchecks are reduced by 20%, and they heal, repair generators, and cleanse totems 5% slower. Whenever the dog smells the afflicted survivor while in search mode, the survivor is revealed by killer instinct.
If a survivor is afflicted with Dog's Bite, their priority is reduced by 5.
Priority:
Each survivor has their own priority, which determines who is the most valuable target for the dog while they are hunting.
Positive priority:
Negative priority:
This has some slight edits from the original, but that's a given due to the fact that it was my first post on the forum.
if you haven't recently... you should just make a new discussion with this idea...
but...you're expecting a bit much from the ai.
"The dog will attempt to herd survivors into any set bear traps, or into the Trapper's line of sight."
this is not simple
It didn't receive much positive feedback, and I don't think it's gonna change much since the last time.
I'm aware of the AI issue. I'd seen advanced AI in other games, and I didn't realize how poorly optimized DbD is.
26.With Nemesis he wasn't the most original he had elements similar to PH, Plague, and Myers how important is it they go for originality?
I feel like its really important but I think they are beginning to run out of ideas on how to make new and original killers, at this point in the future we might get killers who are the exact same with a single difference
27.Will the lack of originality hurt the game?
Yes, and no, see they can make as many killers as they want and some will not be better than others, however, some people might like the idea of what that killer brings but hate using them because of mechanics. For example, some people might prefer Deathslinger over Huntress, and some might prefer Trickster over those two, so killer originality is a mixed bag in most cases. But I'd like to see something new and unique rather than another killer that's just a small change of another.
P.S. I will be gone on a vacation for four days and won't be able to answer any other questions till then
Enjoy your vacation mate ^^
Thanks
GUEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS WHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAgnJDJN4VA
hey there
Hi
I'm here so we can finish this interview
Thank the Entity you're back!
Welcome back
28.Back to Nemesis no one seems to agree where he stands. At least a few have all said he's OP, Balanced, or Trash. But, where do you think he stands?
I'd say he is Low B tier, like he is stronger than Myers and Pig for sure, but he doesn't surpass GF or PH. So he's not bad, but not very good
29.Could he use some QOL or buffs? Many said he could use some buffs for more tier impact and QOL for his Huntress consistent hitbox.
Yes, he is very amazing on indoor maps given the zombies actually are helpful, but NEmi isn't bad all he needs is something that makes him, feel like every tentacle strike feel more rewarding
30.RPD was disabled but many are glad for RPD is huge and an indoor map a disaster formula. Should changes be made to RPD?
Too strong, even if it has a long cooldown. It would always guarantee a survivor having 2 health states even against killers with insta down potential.
On top of dead hard it would just suck to have to deal with as killer.
Yes but I don't think it's remotely possible given that it's up to the license shareholders, but if given the chance, oh god in heaven please BhvR change that ######### show, please!
31.Many maps are already requested for a second rework including Shelter Woods. While it's the second largest the map is dead zone capital. Making it a miserable and pretty boring experience. What should be done to improve this map?
i'm not sure maybe make it to where it feels like an actually unique map , rather thanjust a copy and paste of the rotten fields
32.Anyother map that fit this criteria of needing a second rework?
Not that I could think of maybe Dead dog since its a pain in the ass to play on with some killers, maybe even Fathers.
33.What makes so many people hate Dead Dawg Saloon?
I think its the breakable walls and how many safe gens there are like two of them are on a seperate level, my literal strategy to winning on dead dawg is let the survivors have those gens, they are just so hard to keep track of
34.Campbell's Chapel use to be considered balanced and a fun map. Now many say the breakable walls have ruined the map and windows spawns are ridiculous. What has made it fall from grace?
Its jsut unfun to loop around the church, given that there are infinite if you don't have a decent rng, or wall spawns your basically pegged
35.What is the best formula for a map?
Maybe some 3 stong loops and 4 medium loops, and a hand few unsafe pallets, that would be fine honestly
36.We're gonna move on to perks. As we know most are worthless. And in desperate need of changes. The devs have made things better. They buffed Open-Handed and Lucky Break for example. Yet, most are still bad. Is there a certain group of perks they should work on like Anti-Tunnel perks or Hex perks?
Hex perks, anti-tunnel, a lot, hell even gen regression perks since many aren't that good