Do The Twins deserve an ever so slight buff?

So, I think it's extremely jarring for Charlotte to take forever for her to wake up from her dormant state in order to follow up the chase and how Victor has a rather lengthy cooldown on his attack. Which, I get. It allows survivors to counter attack, but why does it take forever for Charlotte to wake up? Is it just me or do you have other things in mind that she could use?

Comments

  • I think the Twins need a full on overhaul.

  • No. They need a full rework including a massive nerf to Victor but a buff to Charlotte herself; right now, they're obscenely oppressive with no counterplay to Victor. (No, grouping up is not counterplay) The issue is that he's fast and has a gigantic hitbox, so it's so hard to miss with him and he gets around the map incredibly easily.


    But if he's just straight nerfed, the killer will be terrible. I've always felt like Charlotte should have her own power separate to Victor in exchange for massively weakening the effects of Victor. Idk what they could do with her, but the entire power being Victor feels boring to me and will always be problematic.

  • @GannTM said:

    I think the Twins need a full on overhaul.

    Because she's too weak? Is she weaker than Trickster in your eyes?

  • They should be deleted from the game and their power should be incorporated into an upcoming Xenomorph killer.


    I will miss punting the little turd and hearing his anguished cries.

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2242096#Comment_2242096

    Because she's too weak? Is she weaker than Trickster in your eyes?

    No they’re definitely not as weak as Tricky boy. Twins have horrible gameplay design because they’re intended to play in an unhealthy and boring way. You have to proxy camp with them or you just won’t win.

  • @Maperson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2242110#Comment_2242110

    Sure, you are going to give people their money back right?

    Sure, as soon as win win the lotto. I'll be sure to reimburse all 9 players.

  • @SunderMun said:

    No. They need a full rework including a massive nerf to Victor but a buff to Charlotte herself; right now, they're obscenely oppressive with no counterplay to Victor. (No, grouping up is not counterplay) The issue is that he's fast and has a gigantic hitbox, so it's so hard to miss with him and he gets around the map incredibly easily.

    But if he's just straight nerfed, the killer will be terrible. I've always felt like Charlotte should have her own power separate to Victor in exchange for massively weakening the effects of Victor. Idk what they could do with her, but the entire power being Victor feels boring to me and will always be problematic.

    I always had an issue playing The Twins on console, he at random intervals slid past a survivor, kinda like how Blight slid on obstacles

  • I don't think so. The Twins are a very powerful Killer, maybe even borderline OP in the right hands. As much as I love them, I agree that their design isn't perfect and Victor can be buggy, especially on slopes (ugh, I've been robbed of so many downs because of a slight incline in the ground).

  • I don't mind their power it's just that it's very weak and needs buff. Victor should do damage if he is on a Survivor for too long and like you said, Charlotte needs to come out of dormant state faster. She also is just an M1 Killer so I feel like she needs some type of buff herself but idk what I give her honestly.

  • Twins don't need any buffs. When played correctly the Twins are very scary, the ability to be in 2 places at once is Paramount. Especially considering you can hook someone and leave charlotte or victor there, and walk across the map with the other, worry free.

    What's unfortunate is that the best way to play Twins is heavy camping and slugging, 2 very boring things for survivors. The one change I would do though, is increase how long it takes for Victor to come back. He comes back very quickly after being killed, which I don't like.

    Also I'd revert the change they made last mid-chapter, where you're vulnerable for 5 seconds after downing someone with Victor.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    They should be deleted from the game and their power should be incorporated into an upcoming Xenomorph killer.

    I will miss punting the little turd and hearing his anguished cries.

    Rework them so that playing the twins just activates a new co-op mode where the survivors and Charlotte take turns kicking Victor to death. Also automatic 32k bloodpoints for everyone.

  • I think it's hilarious that survivors have complained about slugging and camping for a very long time and BHVR's answer is the Twins. I enjoy playing them, just got called a try hard in my last game and honestly it was just an easy 4k. I wasn't trying all that hard at all. Had a good time.

  • @SunderMun said:

    No. They need a full rework including a massive nerf to Victor but a buff to Charlotte herself; right now, they're obscenely oppressive with no counterplay to Victor. (No, grouping up is not counterplay) The issue is that he's fast and has a gigantic hitbox, so it's so hard to miss with him and he gets around the map incredibly easily.

    But if he's just straight nerfed, the killer will be terrible. I've always felt like Charlotte should have her own power separate to Victor in exchange for massively weakening the effects of Victor. Idk what they could do with her, but the entire power being Victor feels boring to me and will always be problematic.

    its easy to miss with him if your not in open space because the hitboxes are so massive skinning the corner of a box stops you dead in your tracks.

  • Other than how janky it feels to switch to/from victor, they're in a good spot imo.

    Victor can be dodged quite easily around short obstacles quite easily.

    People get mad at twins because they don't play like other killers (i.e. can't be looped over and over again similar to nurse). And there are the people who abuse how easy it is to camp and tunnel...

  • @WiiFitTrainer said:

    Other than how janky it feels to switch to/from victor, they're in a good spot imo.

    Victor can be dodged quite easily around short obstacles quite easily.

    People get mad at twins because they don't play like other killers (i.e. can't be looped over and over again similar to nurse). And there are the people who abuse how easy it is to camp and tunnel...

    Camping is the playstyle though. Victor on or near hook, sis walking around chasing off gens. That is literally their playstyle and how they get pressure. Yes victor is fast but he is one and done most of the time, very clunky to use, lag misses, hits invisible corners, gets stuck on top of things and dies randomly....They are a very strong killer though even after the nerf. I would say S tier for my playstyle. As more people realize this there will be more players using them. I am finding that i'm more oppressive with Twins than with Spirit.

  • @SunderMun said:

    No. They need a full rework including a massive nerf to Victor but a buff to Charlotte herself; right now, they're obscenely oppressive with no counterplay to Victor. (No, grouping up is not counterplay) The issue is that he's fast and has a gigantic hitbox, so it's so hard to miss with him and he gets around the map incredibly easily.

    But if he's just straight nerfed, the killer will be terrible. I've always felt like Charlotte should have her own power separate to Victor in exchange for massively weakening the effects of Victor. Idk what they could do with her, but the entire power being Victor feels boring to me and will always be problematic.

    grouping up is a counter and victor is not so easy to aim and i bealive his hitbox is only big up and down not side to side, and you can every right to dodge like you do with demo,.. charollete needs a buff she dosent do much right now

  • As others have said and just to pile onto it, they dont need buffs they need a massive rework, in their current form they are arguably one of the worst designed killers in DBD's history up there even with launch legion, maybe not PTB nurse though.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2242105#Comment_2242105

    No they’re definitely not as weak as Tricky boy. Twins have horrible gameplay design because they’re intended to play in an unhealthy and boring way. You have to proxy camp with them or you just won’t win.

    I'm sorry but this statement is so wrong. Proxy camping with them is the worst way to play them

  • They need a full rework. The amount of slugging with victor is slowly becoming unbearable. Whenever I face the Twins they're either pretty bad and miss with victor or good and slug so much that someone might bleed out.

    Their power favors slugging too much. They are certainly not weak but really annoying to go against. Going on a rampage with victor is fun though.

  • They need an overhaul. They are already agony to play against for solo players.