Why is there a Trapper Challenge on Level 3 of Tome 7?

image.png

Just asking, I thought this Tome was about the Plague and Bill, right?

Comments

  • Those Characters get Lore. But other Characters (Zarina and Trapper) also get Challenges. They also have Cosmetics in the Rift.

  • It's an usual thing now to add different characters on the level 3 and 4. Like we have Adam in the Tome 5.

    P.S. I think that this challenge will be a mess like the Plague's one from the recent tome on level 2 :(

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Those Characters get Lore. But other Characters (Zarina and Trapper) also get Challenges. They also have Cosmetics in the Rift.

    But there are also skins of other Survivors like Kate / Claudette or Killers like Blight / Huntress. Why have they decided to make challenges of Zarina and the Trapper?

    I ask because I don't know if they have something to do with the lore of the Plague and Bill or just completely random.

    @Woodywool said:

    It's an usual thing now to add different characters on the level 3 and 4. Like we have Adam in the Tome 5.

    P.S. I think that this challenge will be a mess like the Plague's one from the recent tome on level 2 :(

    These Challenges simply encourage farming or even camping, I don't understand why they aren't able to think of Challenges that are really challenges and not a joke.

  • @Woodywool said:

    It's an usual thing now to add different characters on the level 3 and 4. Like we have Adam in the Tome 5.

    P.S. I think that this challenge will be a mess like the Plague's one from the recent tome on level 2 :(

    This is significantly harder than that challenge, Imo at higher ranks, its not often that people step in traps 4x. I like trapper, but that is a tall order that could take several games until you get inexperienced survivors. Regardless I think challenges that are challenging are the most fun.

  • @TheBus4K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239175#Comment_2239175

    But there are also skins of other Survivors like Kate / Claudette or Killers like Blight / Huntress. Why have they decided to make challenges of Zarina and the Trapper?

    I ask because I don't know if they have something to do with the lore of the Plague and Bill or just completely random.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239184#Comment_2239184

    These Challenges simply encourage farming or even camping, I don't understand why they aren't able to think of Challenges that are really challenges and not a joke.

    If you choose to farm or camp, then that is on you. Challenges dont inherently call for that. That is just trying to cheat the challenge, that is totally optional. They can be completed in normal gameplay. It might take a couple matches, but who cares? Have fun with it, or dont do it.

  • @TheBus4K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239175#Comment_2239175

    But there are also skins of other Survivors like Kate / Claudette or Killers like Blight / Huntress. Why have they decided to make challenges of Zarina and the Trapper?

    I ask because I don't know if they have something to do with the lore of the Plague and Bill or just completely random.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239184#Comment_2239184

    These Challenges simply encourage farming or even camping, I don't understand why they aren't able to think of Challenges that are really challenges and not a joke.

    the trapper and Zarina skins are brand new made for the rift and they have been given challenges accordingly just like how Claudette and Oni did in the previous tome and clown and Adam in the one before that its a trend they started in tome 5

    the Kate skin is part of the waterfront massacre skin line along with the Dwight, David and Nea skins we got recently. basically its a free skin from that set just like how in the first tomes rift we got the nurses Halloween blight cosmetic when all the other skins had to be bought or earned through the event.

    the blight and huntress skins are just re-colours of existing skins

    the Claudette skin is one of the community's " design your own cosmetic" contest winners

  • @Dodgingbears said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239197#Comment_2239197

    If you choose to farm or camp, then that is on you. Challenges dont inherently call for that. That is just trying to cheat the challenge, that is totally optional. They can be completed in normal gameplay. It might take a couple matches, but who cares? Have fun with it, or dont do it.

    By saying that you show me that you don't play against people with a minimum level.

    If you can hit two people with Plague Corruption at once twice in the game without camping or farming, send me a video because you are probably the best Plague player out there.

  • @LiunUK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239197#Comment_2239197

    the trapper and Zarina skins are brand new made for the rift and they have been given challenges accordingly just like how Claudette and Oni did in the previous tome and clown and Adam in the one before that its a trend they started in tome 5

    the Kate skin is part of the waterfront massacre skin line along with the Dwight, David and Nea skins we got recently. basically its a free skin from that set just like how in the first tomes rift we got the nurses Halloween blight cosmetic when all the other skins had to be bought or earned through the event.

    the blight and huntress skins are just re-colours of existing skins

    the Claudette skin is one of the community's " design your own cosmetic" contest winners

    But Kate's outfit isn't free... It's under the premium (and will be available for shards later I guess).

  • why not?


    it gives variety to the archives

  • @TheBus4K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239216#Comment_2239216

    By saying that you show me that you don't play against people with a minimum level.

    If you can hit two people with Plague Corruption at once twice in the game without camping or farming, send me a video because you are probably the best Plague player out there.

    What does that even mean? what is minimum level? are you saying red ranks? I have been red ranks since ranks were implemented... Ranks are not indicative of skill level, as they are achievable by grinding and doing the right things to pip. Players still dive bomb hooks to get challenges done and for blood points, you can find people working on gens together, you can find them healing, you can find multiple people, multiple times in a map and if you use her puke you can hit multiple people with regularity. I am not the best plague player and probably only a good killer, nothing amazing. It seems like you are just trying to discredit, or prove your point by being belligerent. If you think that those challenges you were referring to are only achieved by farming, then that is ignorant. It is a challenge, and not all of them are meant to be achievable the first time, or in every trial. I recognized they are more difficult, and I like the difficult ones. They are also still entirely optional if you find yourself unable to achieve them. I have never farmed for any challenge, but I have altered gameplay to do so.

    It is more important to me that people have fun. For instance, the Tome one with the trapper took me a considerable amount of time. Back then trapper wasn't as outclassed as he is now, but some of it is rng. The older tomes have more time consuming challenges in general and that is okay too. not everything has to be done in a day. I am okay with locking in the challenge when I want to play plague and maybe getting it maybe not. I think I got it second or third game, so it wasnt an issue, but again, I struggled with the kill everyone as doctor a year ago or whatever it was, and had many matches of getting tbagged because I just didnt have the requisite skill on doc, or honestly the game awareness or map knowledge yet. I can sweat out a 4k on pretty much any killer, but that hurts the community and newer players get a bad impression. It is important that people like the game, or we have longer queues and less variety.

    If you play for fun, then you get them along the way, or dont do them if you dont like them, but complaining about variety and optional challenges just because you think they are difficult is a unfortunate way to be. Just stay positive, and have fun, you will get better and or you will have some of the crazy matches that we all have where survivors get overly altruistic and you punish it. hits still count through BT and soulguard, etc. Put ranks and challenges out of your mind if it stresses you out, and in my opinion the game becomes more fun, and you can focus on what makes you a better player.

  • @TheMadCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239270#Comment_2239270

    But Kate's outfit isn't free... It's under the premium (and will be available for shards later I guess).

    If you complete all of the levels, you get the cells back. So in essence it is free, or WORST case, 10 dollars (one time) for every future premium path.

  • Spring the Trap?

    Spring Trap?

    Springtrap in DEAD BY DAYLIGHT? YOOO #########

  • @LiunUK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239197#Comment_2239197

    the trapper and Zarina skins are brand new made for the rift and they have been given challenges accordingly just like how Claudette and Oni did in the previous tome and clown and Adam in the one before that its a trend they started in tome 5

    the Kate skin is part of the waterfront massacre skin line along with the Dwight, David and Nea skins we got recently. basically its a free skin from that set just like how in the first tomes rift we got the nurses Halloween blight cosmetic when all the other skins had to be bought or earned through the event.

    the blight and huntress skins are just re-colours of existing skins

    the Claudette skin is one of the community's " design your own cosmetic" contest winners

    and they said community designed skins will always be free if i remember correct. also, as I stated above the rift is a one time purchase if you complete it, I believe you get the cells back, or very close to it.

  • Ran out of challege ideas.

  • @TheBus4K said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/WIUFD6CFSCJT/image.png

    Just asking, I thought this Tome was about the Plague and Bill, right?

    That challenge is so dumb. That's completely dependant on the survivors.

  • The last couple tomes have had challenges for killers/survivors that were not the lore for that tome.

  • @TheBus4K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239216#Comment_2239216

    By saying that you show me that you don't play against people with a minimum level.

    If you can hit two people with Plague Corruption at once twice in the game without camping or farming, send me a video because you are probably the best Plague player out there.

    I did it by bringing a Blessed Apple, Discordance, and Tinkerer.

    I don't have any footage, but it wasn't that hard honestly.

    Just drink Corrupt when Discordance goes off and then approach the gen as Tinkerer activates.

    That's not to say you'll get it first try with that strategy or that it's always going to work.

    Just that you don't need to be a super skilled Plague, farm for the challenge, or get incredibly lucky to hit two Survivors twice with Corrupt Purge.

    Survivors often co-op on gens, and at Red Ranks people aren't liable to just run and hide simply because you got your Corrupt.

  • @Dodgingbears said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239290#Comment_2239290

    What does that even mean? what is minimum level? are you saying red ranks? I have been red ranks since ranks were implemented... Ranks are not indicative of skill level, as they are achievable by grinding and doing the right things to pip. Players still dive bomb hooks to get challenges done and for blood points, you can find people working on gens together, you can find them healing, you can find multiple people, multiple times in a map and if you use her puke you can hit multiple people with regularity. I am not the best plague player and probably only a good killer, nothing amazing. It seems like you are just trying to discredit, or prove your point by being belligerent. If you think that those challenges you were referring to are only achieved by farming, then that is ignorant. It is a challenge, and not all of them are meant to be achievable the first time, or in every trial. I recognized they are more difficult, and I like the difficult ones. They are also still entirely optional if you find yourself unable to achieve them. I have never farmed for any challenge, but I have altered gameplay to do so.

    It is more important to me that people have fun. For instance, the Tome one with the trapper took me a considerable amount of time. Back then trapper wasn't as outclassed as he is now, but some of it is rng. The older tomes have more time consuming challenges in general and that is okay too. not everything has to be done in a day. I am okay with locking in the challenge when I want to play plague and maybe getting it maybe not. I think I got it second or third game, so it wasnt an issue, but again, I struggled with the kill everyone as doctor a year ago or whatever it was, and had many matches of getting tbagged because I just didnt have the requisite skill on doc, or honestly the game awareness or map knowledge yet. I can sweat out a 4k on pretty much any killer, but that hurts the community and newer players get a bad impression. It is important that people like the game, or we have longer queues and less variety.

    If you play for fun, then you get them along the way, or dont do them if you dont like them, but complaining about variety and optional challenges just because you think they are difficult is a unfortunate way to be. Just stay positive, and have fun, you will get better and or you will have some of the crazy matches that we all have where survivors get overly altruistic and you punish it. hits still count through BT and soulguard, etc. Put ranks and challenges out of your mind if it stresses you out, and in my opinion the game becomes more fun, and you can focus on what makes you a better player.

    Honestly, I haven't read your text because its a lot and I am a lazy person, but I wish you all the luck possible in life and I hope you can continue to achieve all the impossible challenges easily, simply and of course, having fun.

  • @TheBus4K said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/WIUFD6CFSCJT/image.png

    Just asking, I thought this Tome was about the Plague and Bill, right?

    Because "recently" they started adding challenges that don't make sense to the Tomes

    The first one was during the halloween "event", when they added challenges for Clown and Adam even tho they had nothing related to them in the Tome.

    Yes, both Clown and Adam had skins in the Rift, but aren't Rifts and Tomes two different things? The Tomes are going to always be available for completion to unlock characters' lore, while the Rift is time-limited.

    @Aven_Fallen said:

    Those Characters get Lore. But other Characters (Zarina and Trapper) also get Challenges. They also have Cosmetics in the Rift.

    It doesn't make sense to create the challenges based on the content of the Rift because how is the guy who started playing yesterday going to understand why there are Clown-related challenges in Tome V?

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/254471/why-is-there-a-trapper-challenge-on-level-3-of-tome-7

    Because "recently" they started adding challenges that don't make sense to the Tomes

    The first one was during the halloween "event", when they added challenges for Clown and Adam even tho they had nothing related to them in the Tome.

    Yes, both Clown and Adam had skins in the Rift, but aren't Rifts and Tomes two different things? The Tomes are going to always be available for completion to unlock characters' lore, while the Rift is time-limited.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239175#Comment_2239175

    It doesn't make sense to create the challenges based on the content of the Rift because how is the guy who started playing yesterday going to understand why there are Clown-related challenges in Tome V?

    It makes sense.

    A few Tomes ago, they had Lore for 4 Characters, they stepped back from this. Probably because they dont want to run out of Lore Content too quickly.

    But also, the Lore Entries take time to read/listen to (especially listening). So with less Lore Content, it is more likely that people actually consume it.

    And why it makes sense - in the first Tome, there were only Trapper-Challenges as Killer-specific Challenges. This resulted in a lot of Trapper-games, because basically everyone had to play him. With 2 Killers, they at least have more diversity and you dont go against Plagues (in this Tome) on a constant basis, because people will also have to play Trapper.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2240390#Comment_2240390

    It makes sense.

    A few Tomes ago, they had Lore for 4 Characters, they stepped back from this. Probably because they dont want to run out of Lore Content too quickly.

    But also, the Lore Entries take time to read/listen to (especially listening). So with less Lore Content, it is more likely that people actually consume it.

    And why it makes sense - in the first Tome, there were only Trapper-Challenges as Killer-specific Challenges. This resulted in a lot of Trapper-games, because basically everyone had to play him. With 2 Killers, they at least have more diversity and you dont go against Plagues (in this Tome) on a constant basis, because people will also have to play Trapper.

    A few Tomes ago, they had Lore for 4 Characters, they stepped back from this. Probably because they dont want to run out of Lore Content too quickly.

    I don't know how fast they can run out of lore considering that there are currently 48 total characters in dbd and they add usually 2 more once every 3 months, which is more or less the same time they release a new Tome, making it impossible to cover all killer and survivors at least once (nothing is preventing them to EXPAND on the lore of a character who was already featured in a previous Tome)

    in the first Tome, there were only Trapper-Challenges as Killer-specific Challenges. This resulted in a lot of Trapper-games, because basically everyone had to play him.

    There were 4 challenges across the whole Tome I that forced you to play Trapper.

    We already have 3 challenges that force you to play Plague in the current Tome, and the last level is not unlocked yet (and 2 of them were concentrated in the same level of the Tome, which only made it so that in that period you were a lot more likely to face Plague).

    What they could do is add master challenges related to generic killer perks, like they did for the first Tome, or add generic master challenges instead of tying them to characters unrelated to the Tome.

    OR

    They could backtrack on the decision of limiting the lore to 2 characters per Tome as I said earlier, maybe 4 is too many, ok, what about 3?


    Just a note: the thing that is pissing me off about the most recent archives is that it looks like they had planned to add the lore of the "extra" characters in the Tome, they prepared the outfits and challenges that tied to that lore, and then simply removed the lore pieces from the Tome because reasons.

    Take Clown's outfit from the Rift which came out with Tome V

    image.png

    IDK, but this screams LORE to me, and I would have liked to know what was going on in Clown's territory while unlocking this.

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2240395#Comment_2240395

    A few Tomes ago, they had Lore for 4 Characters, they stepped back from this. Probably because they dont want to run out of Lore Content too quickly.

    I don't know how fast they can run out of lore considering that there are currently 48 total characters in dbd and they add usually 2 more once 3 months, which is more or less the same time they release a new Tome, making it impossible to cover all killer and survivors at least once (nothing is preventing them to EXPAND on the lore of a character who was already featured in a previous Tome)

    in the first Tome, there were only Trapper-Challenges as Killer-specific Challenges. This resulted in a lot of Trapper-games, because basically everyone had to play him.

    There were 4 challenges across the whole Tome I that forced you to play Trapper.

    We already have 3 challenges that force you to play Plague in the current Tome, and the last level is not unlocked yet (and 2 of them were concentrated in the same level of the Tome, which only made it so that in that period you were a lot more likely to face Plague).

    What they could do is add master challenges related to generic killer perks, like they did for the first Tome, or add generic master challenges instead of tying them to characters unrelated to the Tome.

    OR

    They could backtrack on the decision of limiting the lore to 2 characters per Tome as I said earlier, maybe 4 is too many, ok, what about 3?

    Just a note: the thing that is pissing me off about the most recent archives is that it looks like they had planned to add the lore of the "extra" characters in the Tome, they prepared the outfits and challenges that tied to that lore, and then simply removed the lore pieces from the Tome because reasons.

    Take Clown's outfit from the Rift which came out with Tome V

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/L81KJLRQTLLA/image.png

    IDK, but this screams LORE to me, and I would have liked to know what was going on in Clown's territory while unlocking this.

    clown is in the next tome along with Jake if dbdleaks is corrrect which they usually are

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/254471/why-is-there-a-trapper-challenge-on-level-3-of-tome-7

    Because "recently" they started adding challenges that don't make sense to the Tomes

    The first one was during the halloween "event", when they added challenges for Clown and Adam even tho they had nothing related to them in the Tome.

    Yes, both Clown and Adam had skins in the Rift, but aren't Rifts and Tomes two different things? The Tomes are going to always be available for completion to unlock characters' lore, while the Rift is time-limited.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239175#Comment_2239175

    It doesn't make sense to create the challenges based on the content of the Rift because how is the guy who started playing yesterday going to understand why there are Clown-related challenges in Tome V?

    how is the guy who started playing yesterday going to understand why there are Clown-related challenges in Tome V?

    ... people are not this dumb.

    They'll see the challenge and go "oh, there's challenges for other killers" and move on

  • @LiunUK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2240435#Comment_2240435

    clown is in the next tome along with Jake if dbdleaks is corrrect which they usually are

    That's not the point, of course Clown will receive his lore sooner or later, but it doesn't make sense to feature him in a Tome without giving him lore at the same time (and the Clown was just an example, they did the same thing for Oni, Claudette, Adam and in this tome with Zarina and Trapper)

    @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2240390#Comment_2240390

    how is the guy who started playing yesterday going to understand why there are Clown-related challenges in Tome V?

    ... people are not this dumb.

    They'll see the challenge and go "oh, there's challenges for other killers" and move on

    They'll see the challenge and go "oh, there's challenges for other killers" and move on

    The majority of people of course, but still, can you say that no one would try and think about a reason for those challenges to be there?

  • @TheBus4K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239352#Comment_2239352

    Honestly, I haven't read your text because its a lot and I am a lazy person, but I wish you all the luck possible in life and I hope you can continue to achieve all the impossible challenges easily, simply and of course, having fun.

    OK well I think you have taken what I said in a negative light. I was simply providing an alternate view while it felt like you were being intentionally inflammatory or sarcastic. Its all good bro. I do enjoy harder challenges and I actualy wish they would have a separate set of challenges (not required to get to the next level for those who dont want to do it) That are REALLY hard, and might give a separate charm like a nightmare mode for challenges. or a line below the level wiht 3 "ver y hard" challenges. I would do that out of fun and for flavor. Maybe they give you a bloody party streamer, or double bps of a normal one. just ideas, but I think harder challenges are more fun, as some of the current ones are wayyyyyy tooo easy.

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2240576#Comment_2240576

    That's not the point, of course Clown will receive his lore sooner or later, but it doesn't make sense to feature him in a Tome without giving him lore at the same time (and the Clown was just an example, they did the same thing for Oni, Claudette, Adam and in this tome with Zarina and Trapper)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2240585#Comment_2240585

    They'll see the challenge and go "oh, there's challenges for other killers" and move on

    The majority of people of course, but still, can you say that no one would try and think about a reason for those challenges to be there?

    why wouldn't there be? who said only 1 killer is allowed in each tome?

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2240750#Comment_2240750

    why wouldn't there be? who said only 1 killer is allowed in each tome?

    No one said that the Tome should be limited to 1 killer and 1 survivor, and neither do I

    What I'm saying is that they should avoid doing it if they are not going to release Lore for that killer (or survivor) in the same Tome, since it has always been the case up until Tome V

    It's a "consistency" thing, if you want to see it that way

  • @TheBus4K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239175#Comment_2239175

    But there are also skins of other Survivors like Kate / Claudette or Killers like Blight / Huntress. Why have they decided to make challenges of Zarina and the Trapper?

    I ask because I don't know if they have something to do with the lore of the Plague and Bill or just completely random.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239184#Comment_2239184

    These Challenges simply encourage farming or even camping, I don't understand why they aren't able to think of Challenges that are really challenges and not a joke.

    "Why have they decided to make challenges of Zarina and the Trapper?"

    They've ran out of ideas already, there's no other explanation really. Gotta fill up the challenge slots somehow.

  • @Woodywool said:

    It's an usual thing now to add different characters on the level 3 and 4. Like we have Adam in the Tome 5.

    P.S. I think that this challenge will be a mess like the Plague's one from the recent tome on level 2 :(

    not really, if you send yourself to Midwich, Hawkins, or Lerys you can get this pretty easily if the survivors you get never look down

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/254471/why-is-there-a-trapper-challenge-on-level-3-of-tome-7

    Because "recently" they started adding challenges that don't make sense to the Tomes

    The first one was during the halloween "event", when they added challenges for Clown and Adam even tho they had nothing related to them in the Tome.

    Yes, both Clown and Adam had skins in the Rift, but aren't Rifts and Tomes two different things? The Tomes are going to always be available for completion to unlock characters' lore, while the Rift is time-limited.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239175#Comment_2239175

    It doesn't make sense to create the challenges based on the content of the Rift because how is the guy who started playing yesterday going to understand why there are Clown-related challenges in Tome V?

    The reason we started getting those filler challenges is because tomes for a while were focusing on four characters, which was more than enough variety to occupy all four levels. Unleashed only had 3 characters and Divergence and Forsaken only have two, so they need to pad it out with more options.

    Then again, Tome 1 pulled the two-character focus off just fine...

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2240390#Comment_2240390

    The reason we started getting those filler challenges is because tomes for a while were focusing on four characters, which was more than enough variety to occupy all four levels. Unleashed only had 3 characters and Divergence and Forsaken only have two, so they need to pad it out with more options.

    Then again, Tome 1 pulled the two-character focus off just fine...

    Then again, Tome 1 pulled the two-character focus off just fine...

    Exactly

    I can understand why they started focusing again on only 2 characters per tome, what I don't understand is why are they adding challenges to unrelated characters as well