do you think clown needs another rework or just a buff

his rework did help him but not by much. all it did was make him a slightly better chaser. some people don't even use his yellow bottles and they do fine. the yellow bottles are good in concept but don't really do much.

I hope they buff him again or maybe even rework him

give me your thoughts on him

Comments

  • Clowns 1v1 is pretty good the only issue is map pressure, and instead of buffing clown why not give a universal buff to all killers that give them more map pressure? Maybe something like preset portals around the map that allows a killer to travel through them similar to Demogorgons portals and give Demo himself a buff or maybe even a rework to compensate

  • Make(by default or by addon) him able to have his yellow and purple bottles separated from each others, so you will have 4 yellow and 4 purple.

  • @Stryker said:

    Make(by default or by addon) him able to have his yellow and purple bottles, separated from each others, so you will have 4 yellow and 4 purple.

    This is a really good idea. Theoretically he could have better map pressure by hasting himself around the map, but nobody does this apart from trying to race to an exit gate because no Clown wants to be empty-handed when they do find a survivor.

  • I think Clown is in a fine spot. Not every killer needs to be the next Nurse, it's fine to have weaker killers so long as they do their job well, which Clown now does thanks to the new bottles and the much faster reaload.

  • Clown is in a great state currently. I’ve mained him since I got the game and I can say he’s finally in a spot where I can consistently win with him

  • How you will buff Clown seriously? He is so good 1 v 1. Problem about Clown, he has not map mobility but he is good at chases. So you can not buff him anymore for chases, he is already so good. And i am not sure how can you give him map mobility.

  • Considering that Clown's yellow bottles are mathematically less mobile than walking normally when you factor in the reload slowdown... yeah, I'd say he needs a buff.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    I think Clown is in a fine spot. Not every killer needs to be the next Nurse, it's fine to have weaker killers so long as they do their job well, which Clown now does thanks to the new bottles and the much faster reaload.

    although he is in a fine spot, killers have to be strong he is okay but any decent team will destroy him. killers should be strong but not OP.

  • I'd prefer he gets a full rework, he's so ######### lame and boring to play. Probably the least interesting and is one of the simplest killers to play, you're just throwing a bottle at the floor and doubling back and eating pallets. I'd also rather chew cardboard than play against one too.

  • @piggygooik said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2233116#Comment_2233116

    although he is in a fine spot, killers have to be strong he is okay but any decent team will destroy him. killers should be strong but not OP.

    If it's okay to have strong killers then it's okay to have weaker ones. Killers that don't want to use them can simply choose not to use them.

    Edit: also, a decent team won't destroy a proper good clown. A genrushing and predropping team, maybe, but that's gone far beyond the realm of "decent".

  • I think they should lower the invigorated bottle activation time by half a second, it’s silly when you throw it as far as you can yet don’t get hit by it by the time you go all the way through it.

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    Considering that Clown's yellow bottles are mathematically less mobile than walking normally when you factor in the reload slowdown... yeah, I'd say he needs a buff.

    They’re not a mobility tool? They’re a chase tool

  • @Stryker said:

    Make(by default or by addon) him able to have his yellow and purple bottles, separated from each others, so you will have 4 yellow and 4 purple.

    I think Clown is ok as his is now but this is a great idea. I like it. It would help Clown with his lack of map presure.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    I think they should lower the invigorated bottle activation time by half a second, it’s silly when you throw it as far as you can yet don’t get hit by it by the time you go all the way through it.

    This is true. It would be nice lower that activation.

  • And they are a completely inferior chase tool to the purple bottles in every way.

  • I would up the velocity of his bottles.

    He would be a lot easier to learn/play if you didn't have to know where your bottles need to go like 10 seconds ahead of time

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2233162#Comment_2233162

    And they are a completely inferior chase tool to the purple bottles in every way.

    You can use both you know? That’s the point

    You use the 10% extra speed with the 15% slow for easy hits at loops

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2233162#Comment_2233162

    And they are a completely inferior chase tool to the purple bottles in every way.

    This person gets it. Yellow bottles are a complete waste of time and resources to use.

    I would instantly give them away for something else such as removal of reloading bottles entirely.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2233191#Comment_2233191

    You can use both you know? That’s the point

    You use the 10% extra speed with the 15% slow for easy hits at loops

    You'd get more value out of just using 2 purple bottles to make the Survivor hindered for longer.

  • I think he's perfectly fine, he's just not overly strong. Bad mobility leads to poor map pressure, however with the upcoming gameplay changes if they are anything big, killers like this might be more viable.

  • The yellow bottles were a complete failure. I almost never use them and have literally never seen them used while playing against clown.


    They should have given him something else, his chase power was already fine.

    My suggestion was that he carries jack in the boxes he can put on gens. Survivors working on the gen eventually set off the box once the gen hits a certain level of progress. This makes a loud noise notification and releases a big cloud of gas.

  • I'm not really a fan of the yellow bottle wish they would make a bottle that made a giant area of Los smoke that the clown can see through but not have a slow down effect

  • @Stryker said:

    Make(by default or by addon) him able to have his yellow and purple bottles, separated from each others, so you will have 4 yellow and 4 purple.

    This is the buff I've always wanted him to have.

  • I think Clown is by far the most underrated killer in the game. His playstyle is strategic, he's got a nice skill ceiling, and he's highly underestimated. The antidotes are a lot more useful than people think. Plus, he isn't add-on reliant anymore, been having fun with his base-kit alone.

    All he needs is his bottle count separated, and he's perfect.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2233191#Comment_2233191

    You can use both you know? That’s the point

    You use the 10% extra speed with the 15% slow for easy hits at loops

    People don't really know how to use his antidotes at the right time, plus they're not even meant for mobility.

  • @piggygooik said:

    his rework did help him but not by much. all it did was make him a slightly better chaser. some people don't even use his yellow bottles and they do fine. the yellow bottles are good in concept but don't really do much.

    I hope they buff him again or maybe even rework him

    give me your thoughts on him

    Honestly make two amounts for each bottle type, so 4 yellow and 4 pink.

    So if you throw yellow to cross the map after you hooked someone, you still have 4 pinks left.

    Right now if you use yellow bottles to do that, then by the time you are at the next survivor across the map.

    You have mostly 1 bottle left, 2 when lucky, and then you need to make a choice.

    Do I reload which means the survivor can create a big distance between you and him, or do I just go chase him and hope I can get him before he throws a pallet down and gets a big distance?

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    The amount of people who think map pressure is mobility here....Oy vey 🤦

    well, most killers with good map pressure have good map mobiity that's where the stigma comes from

    and I don't blame them only certain killers are good that don't have good map mobility.

    clown may have an okay chase but not enough to warrant him to have good map pressure

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2233194#Comment_2233194

    You'd get more value out of just using 2 purple bottles to make the Survivor hindered for longer.

    I’m talking at a loop here where the 15% isn’t enough

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2233208#Comment_2233208

    I’m talking at a loop here where the 15% isn’t enough

    1. If the 15% isn't enough, the Survivor is camping the pallet and you can only use the yellow bottle for lunge mindgames that aren't going to work anyways.
    2. Flask of Bleach exists.
  • @GoshJosh said:

    I think they should lower the invigorated bottle activation time by half a second, it’s silly when you throw it as far as you can yet don’t get hit by it by the time you go all the way through it.

    I mean activation delay should just be removed from yellow bottle. Imagine if purple bottle had activation delay. he does not need rework though. just less of drawback for his new tool.

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2233458#Comment_2233458

    1. If the 15% isn't enough, the Survivor is camping the pallet and you can only use the yellow bottle for lunge mindgames that aren't going to work anyways.
    2. Flask of Bleach exists.
    1. longer loops allow the antidote time to activate and be used effectively
    2. Can’t forget cigar box though that’s more utility than chase but still amazing
  • @Stryker said:

    Make(by default or by addon) him able to have his yellow and purple bottles, separated from each others, so you will have 4 yellow and 4 purple.

    That is what I was going to suggest. Nice work!

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2233494#Comment_2233494

    1. longer loops allow the antidote time to activate and be used effectively
    2. Can’t forget cigar box though that’s more utility than chase but still amazing
    1. Like I said, they'll just camp the pallet since that's Clown's biggest counter anyways. That antidote won't help you mindgame loops of that length.
    2. Cigar Box is a purple that actually gives you a reason to use yellow bottles. Bleach is a green that just makes the purple bottles even better than the yellow than they already are.
  • @ManWithALemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2233603#Comment_2233603

    1. Like I said, they'll just camp the pallet since that's Clown's biggest counter anyways. That antidote won't help you mindgame loops of that length.
    2. Cigar Box is a purple that actually gives you a reason to use yellow bottles. Bleach is a green that just makes the purple bottles even better than the yellow than they already are.

    I do agree that his purple bottles are better for most situations since it’s meant to be his main bottle. The antidote is just to help you get hit at longer tiles and for some other niche things like pallet breaks and carrying.

    Predropping is still strong but the antidote will help you catch up when you don’t have direct line of sight to the survivor

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2234170#Comment_2234170

    I do agree that his purple bottles are better for most situations since it’s meant to be his main bottle. The antidote is just to help you get hit at longer tiles and for some other niche things like pallet breaks and carrying.

    Predropping is still strong but the antidote will help you catch up when you don’t have direct line of sight to the survivor

    It's a very niche use that mathematically lowers your mobility due to the slowdown caused by reloading and uses up your purple bottles, but I guess in those 1-in-a-million scenarios where it has value, it's okay.

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2234181#Comment_2234181

    It's a very niche use that mathematically lowers your mobility due to the slowdown caused by reloading and uses up your purple bottles, but I guess in those 1-in-a-million scenarios where it has value, it's okay.

    you’ll only need 2 tonics maybe 3 per chase anyway so having 1 antidote is enough

    Forgot to mention that having one bottle left throwing an antidote then reloading is always a good option

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2234183#Comment_2234183

    you’ll only need 2 tonics maybe 3 per chase anyway so having 1 antidote is enough

    Forgot to mention that having one bottle left throwing an antidote then reloading is always a good option

    Yep, that is literally the one consistent use for the antidote in the entire game.

    But you're moving at reload speed with a 10% increase, so it's not like your mobility is that enhanced anyways.

  • @Stryker said:

    Make(by default or by addon) him able to have his yellow and purple bottles, separated from each others, so you will have 4 yellow and 4 purple.

    As long as they have separate reloads.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    The amount of people who think map pressure is mobility here....Oy vey 🤦

    What is it then?