questions for survivors, how many good tricksters have you seen so far? mostly for reds

I've been playing trickster a LOT since his buffs as a rank 1 and it happens a lot in post chat I get comments saying I am a good trickster, which must means it's pretty rare to play against a effective trickster.


So my question, how many good Tricksters have you seen in the red ranks? or in general, how many times did you lost hardly against a trickster?

Comments

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2230869#Comment_2230869

    This is somewhat accurate. I actually 4k with trickster WAY more then anyone escapes. But that's from skill in general...Like of you're trying to play him as nurse/blight,etc and trying to traverse the map going chase to chase to chase. You WILL lose.

    With that said..Trickster himself is NOT bad. A good trickster can down you fairly quick with good aim with knives. Quicker then some other characters TBH. What people don't seem to notice is trickster can keep laying knives in to you while you sprint away from your first health state. If they have good aim. You're not getting far

    This sounds kind of like proxy camping. Which is what I noticed a that a lot of trickster play like this. Even the good killer only users that are on twitch I noticed played the trickster like this. Which proves my point this killer is the worst since you can't get clean wins as with every other killer. No other killer do you have to play like this for the most part. Which is why I probably lose with the trickster vs red ranks since I don't like to play that. I tend to like chases, but most competent survivors know were they can loop you infinitely aka the shack.

  • The only “good” Tricksters I have seen are running Melodious Murder and semi-camping.

    Everyone else just gets rolled

  • About half the Tricksters I've faced since the initial wave in March have been pretty competent (speaking in solo red ranks.) They do often rely on proxy camping towards the beginning and the end of the game, though.

  • 2? All tricksters (except for the 2) Have been looped by me & my teammates

  • I know I'm only like rank 7 but 6 times out of 10 the trickster I go against disconnects for some reason

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2231087#Comment_2231087

    I usually forget names instantly. I really don't care that much TBH. I use infectious on blight and slug. And not good enough at nurse to do that. So 🤷. I wouldn't say my style is slugging. Since most the characters I use can't make use out of heavy slugging.

    Oh 😂


    I'm just a spiteful #########

  • Not enough. Sadly the hivemind and the "content creators" have basically dragged his name into the mud as a unplayable F- tier Killer who can barely get a down or 2 within a match. I love his design and wanted to main him. Yes there are certain maps or tiles where I really struggle, but I also stomp many teams into submission.


    But most just hear "He's bad" and repeat the motto when they fail with him and never touch him again. That's how Hag remained under everyone radar's for so long even though she received only buffs for years.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    None. I played against Trickster like 6 or 7 times since release and all of them lost. I think the better one got a 2k.

    Err. 2K isn't a loss, that's entitled Killer main language there.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2231469#Comment_2231469

    The game doesn't define what a "win" or a "loss" is, so I do it myself :)

    Exactly why Killer mains with this mindset can't be used for helpful balancing. Getting mostly 4Ks should not be the normal.

  • Trickster has a pretty low skill ceiling so I've played against a few good ones but it's not like a good trickster is doing some crazy plays that bad trickster aren't. They're just accurate with their knives and zone towards loops where they are effective.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2231476#Comment_2231476

    Please, can you remark on my first comment where I said anything about game balance or that killers should get mostly 4Ks? Or are you just putting words on my mouth to justify a discussion that isn't even related to the original post?


    You said the Trickster that 2K'd had loss the match. That's not a loss. That's what I corrected and started this conversation. Part of why people think Trickster is "insanely" weak is cause he isn't overpowered like Spirit. 4K'ing every match isn't balanced. Doesn't mean a Killer that can regularly get 2-3K is UP. Just means the one regularly getting 4Ks needs toned down.

  • Maybe 2 out of 25....🤔 im always thankful when i realize that this discount Joker is coming to "kill" me.

  • If you call a Trickster good that doesn't never leaves the hook and tries to tunnel really hard then around 6 maybe. They just get 1 or 2k.

    I've yet to see a Trickster that actually tries to chase a different survivor AND has decent aim.

  • @whycantIwin said:

    I've been playing trickster a LOT since his buffs as a rank 1 and it happens a lot in post chat I get comments saying I am a good trickster, which must means it's pretty rare to play against a effective trickster.

    So my question, how many good Tricksters have you seen in the red ranks? or in general, how many times did you lost hardly against a trickster?

    None just my teammates that dont know how to run him at first i was worried that this person was insanely good but he was decent just bad teammates

  • i've only seen one rly, rly good one; but that was on ormond with a bunch of empty, open spaces + he had melodious murder and bloody boa so idk if it was just the add ons and map carrying him even lel

  • At a increasing rate.

    But ay I'm so glad the community was pumped for buffing his unhealthy ability. Thank god.

  • 1 but my team was pretty bad soooo

  • Some, so far all tricksters I faced in red ranks knew how to use his ability. I've faced a few terrible ones, but almost always they just started playing him.

    I've seen more terrible Spirits that deserve to be rank 9 than I have seen terrible Tricksters(in terms of ratio, about 60% of Spirits heavily rely on the scratchmarks, not really using her power well, about 10% of tricksters were terrible).

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2231120#Comment_2231120

    All depends on your definitions. Camping, Tunneling, Slugging are all perfectly valid strategies (read up to my auto haven map post). I like playing in whatever way gets me the "win" and makes me feel that I outplayed the survivors. You can say camping isn't outplaying..But if I hook you in a tactical spot where I can regress a gen that's very needed. Or can defend a hook and 4 gens. That's outplaying to me.

    If you like chases. Trickster may not be for you gameplay wise. He's highly effective as more of a "you come to me" killer. But sucks at traversing the map. You would probably like someone like Demo, Freddy, Blight, Nurse, even spirit (using her power to traverse but not chase)

    So it's really not a coincidence that the people you see play him in a certain way. He's not THE worst killer. I still feel that's trapper and pig.

    I mean like I said I understand why people play him a certain way since he is the weakest killer. But I don't think he is intended to be a come to me type of killer, I feel trapper is that kind of killer. But what I'm saying is I have played every killer, now some more than others. But I have to say I gotten more 4ks in red rank with trapper than with trickster so I don't think trapper is the weakest. And I played the trapper around the same amount as the trickster, and I feel with the trapper I put less effort I play less sweaty and don't even need slowdown perks and I have won. Now I played the pig but not that much, but I rarely have gotten less than 4k with her the few times I played her. But the trickster yes he is the best in getting survivors in short tiles. But other than that any survivors that if the survivor has okay movements, and a okay knowledge of tiles they can destroy the trickster or waste a lot of time. Now I feel that whenever I play him I have to sweat if I wanna get any downs let alone hooks. You have put in 100% more effort vs simple teams, compared to other killers I don't have to put as much effort vs basic teams. Just based on my experience and he is too dependent on map, and perk dependent, and not only that he is dependent on survivors looping skills.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2230869#Comment_2230869

    This is somewhat accurate. I actually 4k with trickster WAY more then anyone escapes. But that's from skill in general...Like of you're trying to play him as nurse/blight,etc and trying to traverse the map going chase to chase to chase. You WILL lose.

    With that said..Trickster himself is NOT bad. A good trickster can down you fairly quick with good aim with knives. Quicker then some other characters TBH. What people don't seem to notice is trickster can keep laying knives in to you while you sprint away from your first health state. If they have good aim. You're not getting far

    Camping is boring.. if you need to camp or proxy on a killer then they are literally dumpster tier.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2230903#Comment_2230903

    Camping is boring.. if you need to camp or proxy on a killer then they are literally dumpster tier.

    I think you need to camp only if you are a bad killer OR the gates are open and you have 1 person on the hook, you want to secure that kill, you can't blame the killer for that.

  • This content has been removed.
  • None. The only trickster I went against was new and struggled to get 1K. To be fair I haven't been playing as often as I used to. I probably would have seen a few more.

  • @Iudex_Nemesis said:

    None. The only trickster I went against was new and struggled to get 1K. To be fair I haven't been playing as often as I used to. I probably would have seen a few more.

    people should give trickster a better chance, he's far from being the worst

1 2 ›