‘Straight pride’ isn’t a thing because there is nothing to be proud of, it’s just a way to be homophobia and undermine our experiences. Same as how ‘white pride’ is racist as #########.
Are you saying people shouldn't be proud of who they are just because their orientation happens to be the majority?
That's a really unfair way to put it. It's a characteristic people have no control over, why can't they be proud of it like anyone else can be proud of their characteristics?
Saying there's no need to be proud is one thing, saying there is NOTHING to be proud of isn't a fair assessment at all.
LGBTQ GET A CHARM BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO OTHER REPRESENTATION. Hetero doesn't need a flag because there are multiple charaters who are confirmed hetero-sexual such as wraith and urse
In the nicest way possible, shut up and get off these forums, I'm sick if seeing people like you on here. This game has a HUGE LGBT+ following, the devs recognising this means a lot to the community, people like you spoiling it is ######### infuriating.
Why are people so toxic towards me? I just want to have equality with a hetero flag or just stop putting real life society problems into this game.
I absolutely love this game series! I can't wait for the release of the third one in the trilogy: "Can homophobes use the seach feature on the forums before making YET another thread about the pride charm and see that all of their anti-LGBTQ+ rhetoric has already been debunked?"
I've heard it's the most difficult one yet (and the graphics are supposed to be amazing!) :p
Oh my god me too!! Apparently we're getting features from allies, kpop stans, and actual lgbt+ people- Chuu from LOONA should be showing up and there's gonna be an epic final boss fight from the leakers!
Can't believe we've needed three games to get the point across though.
It is political, cause you want to show with your flag, that you get accepted in society. Yes real life society it matters, but not in video games!
It's not political. When something is political it involves the government and legislation. Adding a pride flag does not involve anything with the government or legislation so therefore it's not political.
(Please read in an 1900's war time voice. Because at this point I'm just going to have fun with threads like these)
My dearest Eliza,
I hope this letter finds you well. It is day 3 on the battlefield. My body is weak and exhausted after raising the banner of pride upon the hills of this God forsaken land.
While I remain in good health my fellow brothers in arms have sustained serious injuries. Montgomery James lost his leg to a bear trap on the first morning. St.Charles took a hatchet to the chest on the second. Kennedy got it the worst, I've never seen a man hooked so many time. Atleast 5 times.
All this pain and suffering makes a man question his existence, makes a man ask why he's even there to begin with.
My time is short and I'm running out of ink. I will leave you with this my dearest Eliza. I love you and will continue to fight and raise our banner of pride till it covers this land in a rainbow of freedom and joy.
How is it turning it into a political statement? This is a genuine question
apparently any ort of representation in a video game, movie, or tv show is now a political statement. Guess that makes camp cretaceous a political statement
Why are people so toxic towards me? I just want to have equality with a hetero flag or just stop putting real life society problems into this game.
Because the entire point of the lgbt+ flag is to get equality and people like you come along sobbing your heart out because what you think is inequality is actually the bare minimum representation we could've gotten and you're STILL bitching about it.
So many answers in here proved, that it causes toxicity. I didn't even say one bad thiing about LGBT, but I get offended still? Just chill please.
Why are you the one offended? You've come on here and complained about homosexuality being a "political" problem and that it shouldn't be represented because of a flag that barely has an affect on the game or your life, how do you think gay people would feel reading your comments?
Can we make it illegal for the homophobes to start discussions?
You see, I'm not even homophobic, I have gay friends as well, in fact one of my best friends is gay. But still people calling me OUT HOMOPHOBIC although I didn't say one bad word about LGBT. I just want to save this game from political issues.
So it´s okay to be proud of yourself as long as you´re not straight? Sure.
You think it´s okay to be proud of your ethnicity as long as your not white? That´s so incredibly racist!
Congrats you missed the point.
"Straight pride" wasn't a thing before gay pride came to be, and exists purely to counter our existence and keep us oppressed. Same as how "All lives matter" exists as a direct counter to "Black lives matter"
Are you saying people shouldn't be proud of who they are just because their orientation happens to be the majority?
That's a really unfair way to put it. It's a characteristic people have no control over, why can't they be proud of it like anyone else can be proud of their characteristics?
Saying there's no need to be proud is one thing, saying there is NOTHING to be proud of isn't a fair assessment at all.
We've already had this discussion in a different thread and you accepted our answers. I thought you'd have learned why "straight pride" is harmful and not at all what you think it is from the name but please refer to the other thread to re-educate yourself.
You see, I'm not even homophobic, I have gay friends as well, in fact one of my best friends is gay. But still people calling me OUT HOMOPHOBIC although I didn't say one bad word about LGBT. I just want to save this game from political issues.
Omg I’m dying it’s the ‘I have gay friends’ ‘I have black friends’ excuse for being ignorant
Complains about homosexuality being represented in an ignorant manner
Receives backlash
Wonders why people are reacting "toxicly"
I just want to seperate video games with real life issues. I'm not ignorant. I'm not homophobic, but still people are so toxic towards me. It shows that I was correct all the time.
"Straight pride" wasn't a thing before gay pride came to be, and exists purely to counter our existence and keep us oppressed. Same as how "All lives matter" exists as a direct counter to "Black lives matter"
We've already had this discussion in a different thread and you accepted our answers. I thought you'd have learned why "straight pride" is harmful and not at all what you think it is from the name but please refer to the other thread to re-educate yourself.
I understood your answers but neither you nor @ImmersedNurse said people who are straight have nothing to be proud of, which is what the person I quoted just now said.
I even said in my post that saying there's no need to be proud makes sense, but saying there's nothing to be proud of isn't a fair assessment. People don't pick their characteristics or orientation.
I just want to seperate video games with real life issues. I'm not ignorant. I'm not homophobic, but still people are so toxic towards me. It shows that I was correct all the time.
So many answers in here proved, that it causes toxicity. I didn't even say one bad thiing about LGBT, but I get offended still? Just chill please.
You literally did and you spoke over our experiences with your lack of experience with lgbt+ so forgive us for, for once, wanting our experience as a person to be recognised and for once have a straight person just listen to us and let us talk about our own topics.
Are you saying people shouldn't be proud of who they are just because their orientation happens to be the majority?
That's a really unfair way to put it. It's a characteristic people have no control over, why can't they be proud of it like anyone else can be proud of their characteristics?
Saying there's no need to be proud is one thing, saying there is NOTHING to be proud of isn't a fair assessment at all.
Yeah just because I'm straight doesn't mean I shouldn't be proud of who I am, even if it is the majority. Just cause I am a straight white male doesn't mean I shouldn't be proud of each other. It doesn't matter if anyone is straight, gay, white, black, grey, whatever. We should all be proud of who we are regardless
I understood your answers but neither you nor @ImmersedNurse said people who are straight have nothing to be proud of, which is what the person I quoted just now said.
I even said in my post that saying there's no need to be proud makes sense, but saying there's nothing to be proud of isn't a fair assessment. People don't pick their characteristics or orientation.
I just want to seperate video games with real life issues. I'm not ignorant. I'm not homophobic, but still people are so toxic towards me. It shows that I was correct all the time.
Incorrect try again. Maybe do some reading, google is free, and it'll help that ignorance
So I can't say anythiing at all anymore? So you want to ban freedom of opinion now? It's getting real disgusting. I guess in real life If I told you "remove the flag" I would get beaten up and killed by a horde of apes.
You’re not entitled to have a bigoted opinion, especially on a website that doesn’t allow it
I'm noticing people are grabbing the term "homophobic" too fast. One little different opinion (removing the flag for example) will make you homophobic? #########! I want DBD to stay DBD
So I can't say anythiing at all anymore? So you want to ban freedom of opinion now? It's getting real disgusting. I guess in real life If I told you "remove the flag" I would get beaten up and killed by a horde of apes.
Claiming you have "gay friends" isn't an opinion, it's a fact.
You know what is for a fact disgusting though, people like you thinking representation doesn't belong in the media because it's too "political".
Why are people so toxic towards me? I just want to have equality with a hetero flag or just stop putting real life society problems into this game.
I'm "toxic" towards you because you're quite clearly an ignorant person who refuses to recognise why the LGBT pride flag exists, it represents generations of hardships and discrimination that the LGBT+ community have faced for decades. Just because people are more open about their sexuality and gender identity nowadays and refuse to be belittled and discriminated against by heterosexual people does not mean that the LGBT+ community does not want support or union with one another.
This charm is a way of expressing support, and therefore helps people weed out the homophobes from the community. If you are actually so ignorant as to want a heterosexual flag, I hope your time on these forums are short, because most of us don't want you here.
If you want to feel pride in being straight and white go for it. No one is saying you can't feel pride in that.
Only some needlessly hostile and hypocritical posters on this thread are doing just that. I´m not entirely sure whether acting discriminatory and entitled is the best course for helping the LGBT cause, but what do I know, I´m not a member of that community just a supporter.
I'm noticing people are grabbing the term "homophobic" too fast. One little different opinion (removing the flag for example) will make you homophobic? #########! I want DBD to stay DBD
How is a charm with a rainbow on it going to change the game? Answer quick bestie
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
No
Theyre not lgbt+ are you good??!! Do you know the lore?!?!
Are you saying people shouldn't be proud of who they are just because their orientation happens to be the majority?
That's a really unfair way to put it. It's a characteristic people have no control over, why can't they be proud of it like anyone else can be proud of their characteristics?
Saying there's no need to be proud is one thing, saying there is NOTHING to be proud of isn't a fair assessment at all.
agree those charms are not fitting either. But at least a bunny has nothing to do with politics and society
What this entire conversation feels like
Why are people so toxic towards me? I just want to have equality with a hetero flag or just stop putting real life society problems into this game.
Many characters have to do with their society, though. Look at Rin or Kazan. Where was this opposition when they were released?
Oh my god me too!! Apparently we're getting features from allies, kpop stans, and actual lgbt+ people- Chuu from LOONA should be showing up and there's gonna be an epic final boss fight from the leakers!
Can't believe we've needed three games to get the point across though.
It's not political. When something is political it involves the government and legislation. Adding a pride flag does not involve anything with the government or legislation so therefore it's not political.
Can we make it illegal for the homophobes to start discussions?
(Please read in an 1900's war time voice. Because at this point I'm just going to have fun with threads like these)
My dearest Eliza,
I hope this letter finds you well. It is day 3 on the battlefield. My body is weak and exhausted after raising the banner of pride upon the hills of this God forsaken land.
While I remain in good health my fellow brothers in arms have sustained serious injuries. Montgomery James lost his leg to a bear trap on the first morning. St.Charles took a hatchet to the chest on the second. Kennedy got it the worst, I've never seen a man hooked so many time. Atleast 5 times.
All this pain and suffering makes a man question his existence, makes a man ask why he's even there to begin with.
My time is short and I'm running out of ink. I will leave you with this my dearest Eliza. I love you and will continue to fight and raise our banner of pride till it covers this land in a rainbow of freedom and joy.
Signed
Private Ryan Brenton Nathenial IV
apparently any ort of representation in a video game, movie, or tv show is now a political statement. Guess that makes camp cretaceous a political statement
Complains about homosexuality being represented in an ignorant manner
Receives backlash
Wonders why people are reacting "toxicly"
Because the entire point of the lgbt+ flag is to get equality and people like you come along sobbing your heart out because what you think is inequality is actually the bare minimum representation we could've gotten and you're STILL bitching about it.
I mean seriously, grow up.
"Politics and society"
We already have heterosexual representation in this game. Nurse and Felix are implied to be in heterosexual relationships in their lore.
Plus, by your logic, a hetero flag would be "political."
Why are you the one offended? You've come on here and complained about homosexuality being a "political" problem and that it shouldn't be represented because of a flag that barely has an affect on the game or your life, how do you think gay people would feel reading your comments?
You see, I'm not even homophobic, I have gay friends as well, in fact one of my best friends is gay. But still people calling me OUT HOMOPHOBIC although I didn't say one bad word about LGBT. I just want to save this game from political issues.
Congrats you missed the point.
"Straight pride" wasn't a thing before gay pride came to be, and exists purely to counter our existence and keep us oppressed. Same as how "All lives matter" exists as a direct counter to "Black lives matter"
We've already had this discussion in a different thread and you accepted our answers. I thought you'd have learned why "straight pride" is harmful and not at all what you think it is from the name but please refer to the other thread to re-educate yourself.
From the leaks we may even get an EVERGLOW dlc, which you know is gonna be first because they're the winner winner winner.
But hey, one step at a time.
Do you know the lore?!?!
You are genuinely asking OP that? 🤣
Omg I’m dying it’s the ‘I have gay friends’ ‘I have black friends’ excuse for being ignorant
such ARROGANCE
Also, saying Nea is a lesbian because she’s butch and saying Trickster is gay because he’s over the top is absolutely homophobic
I just want to seperate video games with real life issues. I'm not ignorant. I'm not homophobic, but still people are so toxic towards me. It shows that I was correct all the time.
I understood your answers but neither you nor @ImmersedNurse said people who are straight have nothing to be proud of, which is what the person I quoted just now said.
I even said in my post that saying there's no need to be proud makes sense, but saying there's nothing to be proud of isn't a fair assessment. People don't pick their characteristics or orientation.
As soon as I read that response I immediately figured out this guy is trolling.
Ok this is a misconception.
If you want to feel pride in being straight and white go for it. No one is saying you can't feel pride in that.
This gif is me everytime i see yet another one of those "discussions" 🤣
No, you weren't.
You literally did and you spoke over our experiences with your lack of experience with lgbt+ so forgive us for, for once, wanting our experience as a person to be recognised and for once have a straight person just listen to us and let us talk about our own topics.
I could hope
Yeah just because I'm straight doesn't mean I shouldn't be proud of who I am, even if it is the majority. Just cause I am a straight white male doesn't mean I shouldn't be proud of each other. It doesn't matter if anyone is straight, gay, white, black, grey, whatever. We should all be proud of who we are regardless
Apologies, I missed that part.
God let’s hope so
Nah, to me it feels like another episode of Dr. Phil
This thread is now a Jake + Felix ship discussion
Incorrect try again. Maybe do some reading, google is free, and it'll help that ignorance
In the meantime keep streaming
how is that homophobic? I am fine with them being gay!
You’re not entitled to have a bigoted opinion, especially on a website that doesn’t allow it
Because they are never stated to be gay, assuming they are is homophobic
I'm noticing people are grabbing the term "homophobic" too fast. One little different opinion (removing the flag for example) will make you homophobic? #########! I want DBD to stay DBD
Thank you for understanding.
I did read what you both said in the thread the other day I wasn't trying to come across like I didn't.
Claiming you have "gay friends" isn't an opinion, it's a fact.
You know what is for a fact disgusting though, people like you thinking representation doesn't belong in the media because it's too "political".
(Please read in an 1900's war time voice. Because at this point I'm just going to have fun with threads like these)
My dearest Eliza,
That's hot.
Signed
Private Ryan Brenton Nathenial IV
Counterpoint: Jake x Dwight, David x Felix
I'm "toxic" towards you because you're quite clearly an ignorant person who refuses to recognise why the LGBT pride flag exists, it represents generations of hardships and discrimination that the LGBT+ community have faced for decades. Just because people are more open about their sexuality and gender identity nowadays and refuse to be belittled and discriminated against by heterosexual people does not mean that the LGBT+ community does not want support or union with one another.
This charm is a way of expressing support, and therefore helps people weed out the homophobes from the community. If you are actually so ignorant as to want a heterosexual flag, I hope your time on these forums are short, because most of us don't want you here.
Only some needlessly hostile and hypocritical posters on this thread are doing just that. I´m not entirely sure whether acting discriminatory and entitled is the best course for helping the LGBT cause, but what do I know, I´m not a member of that community just a supporter.
How is a charm with a rainbow on it going to change the game? Answer quick bestie
do I have permission to end this