Can we stop pushing identity politics in video games?

It's clearly not needed in video games and only causes more toxicity

Thank you

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228656#Comment_2228656

    I'm "toxic" towards you because you're quite clearly an ignorant person who refuses to recognise why the LGBT pride flag exists, it represents generations of hardships and discrimination that the LGBT+ community have faced for decades. Just because people are more open about their sexuality and gender identity nowadays and refuse to be belittled and discriminated against by heterosexual people does not mean that the LGBT+ community does not want support or union with one another.

    This charm is a way of expressing support, and therefore helps people weed out the homophobes from the community. If you are actually so ignorant as to want a heterosexual flag, I hope your time on these forums are short, because most of us don't want you here.

    Took the words right out of my mouth

  • I really hope he means the actual animal and not what it sounds like

  • @senki527 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228665#Comment_2228665

    I just want to seperate video games with real life issues. I'm not ignorant. I'm not homophobic, but still people are so toxic towards me. It shows that I was correct all the time.

    You ignore all the points made against you. At that point you are being ignorant.

    ”It shows that I was correct all the time”

    ???

    How, exactly?

  • I'm ending this here, once again PEOPLE'S IDENTITY IS NOT A POLITICAL MATTER, representation is NOT A POLITICAL MATTER.

    If you don't like the charm, don't redeem it, don't use it, but don't try to take away people's representation from them, and for all of those who are talking about "straight pride", please inform yourself of what the Pride is in this context, straight people don't come from centuries of oppression and discrimination, so please try to be a better person and inform yourself.

1 2 3 ›