Banned for Intentionally Deranking (not me but a friend)
So my friend recently got a weeklong ban from the game for "unsportsmanlike behaviour" (first offence). Although he wasn't given any more clarification than that, my guess is that the ban was for the amount of times he's deliberately disconnected from games, and presumably the offence was so severe that they banned him for an entire week straight up instead of the usual 24 hours for first offence. Not contesting that, it sucks but I understand the rules.
The thing is, the reason he intentially disconnects is because he keeps ranking up when he doesn't want to. He would much rather be a lower rank simply because people tend to be nicer at low ranks, when they're either new or don't take the game so seriously. Honestly, I don't blame him. It's one of the reasons I enjoy swf with my lower ranked buddies.
As things stand, intentionally disconnecting or just playing really badly are the only ways to derank (short of just not playing at all and waiting for a new season to do its thing). Both of those methods make the game less enjoyable for other players, which is obviously why the former is bannable. So I understand the reasoning behind the ban, but I'm sure my friend isn't alone in his dilemma.
Is there a way to derank in a safe manner which doesn't impede on other players' enjoyment of the game? I'm not looking for a sneaky workaround, just some way that people like my friend who don't enjoy high-ranked gameplay can play in a more casual setting. As things currently stand, I'm pretty sure that it's not possible (although I'm happy to be corrected).
So what I'm proposing is that there be some solution introduced. Possibly, it's something that's already being worked on, in which case that's fantastic. I personally think that there should be a) new balance changes which make it harder for survivors who are just playing casually to rank up, or b) some way to control one's rank manually, or c) even better, a non-ranked gameplay mode (as you would find in games like, say, LoL) where players can just play casually without the pressure of rank to cause saltiness. Because honestly, the only reason that high-ranked gameplay is so unpleasant is because everyone takes the game and their rank very seriously and so tend to be really salty about losing.
tl;dr: I understand why people get banned for intentionally disconnecting, but I think there should be a way for people to play casually, in an environment like that which you encounter at low ranks, so that they're not forced to dc in order to derank just so that they can play the game in an enjoyable, low-pressure atmosphere.
Comments
Those Killers are fine. You need to learn how to counter them instead of trying to pallet loop your way to an easy win.
Yes the core issues of the game have to be fixed, those are
1. SWF balance
2. dedicated servers
3. gentime
4. mandatory perks
When the game is your job because you do it for a living, you tend to play it more than the normal player and will rank up faster than everyone else.
The nurse is not fine. At all. She is so stupidly overpowered that it's pathetic the Devs haven't gutted her yet. The most unbalanced character i have ever encountered in a game. And the only thing they really need to nerf on Billy is his cross map mobility. If they fix that he will be fine.
There are zero nurse counters. You can't counter her. The only way you win vs Nurse is for the Nurse to play badly. If you play well and the Nurse plays well you lose every single time.That's not balance.
The Nurse is almost perfect from a design perspective, because the outcome depends almost completely on the skill of all players involved. When you pit a Nurse against Survivors of equal skill, she achieves the 2-kill average, meaning she's balanced for skill.
In other words, the problem is that you're simply worse than the Nurses you encounter.
That's only because you don't play as well as you think you do.
Check the official tournament.
Cant loop => no counter
k bro
"There are zero SWF counters. You can't counter SWF. The only way you win vs SWF is for the SWF to play badly or to play Nurse. If you play well and the SWF plays well you lose every single time.That's not balance."
It's a 2-way street bud. Survivors hate when there's a counter to perfectly executed pallet looping, suddenly when the match result is determined by the killer's level of skill as opposed to the survivor's then it's complete blasphemy. Chasing around a looper who actually knows what they're doing as a basic M1 killer is formulaic and predictable and the onus is on the survivor to mess up as opposed to the killer outplaying the survivor. You can try to mind game in rare instances but that will more often than not make the loop longer and, of coarse, the ball is still in the survivor's court to mess up. Take away the survivor's toys (looping) and watch them have a meltdown
Okay, this statement alone makes me feel as though you rarely play survivor. That's incredibly difficult to do these days with new blind timing. You can only burn a nurse if she's incredibly bad. It's a waste to even try burning her. Only time we do it is when 2-3 of us blind at the same time. You could say this if insta blinds were still a thing...
Anyway, a truly skilled nurse against most groups is unstoppable (ie. svekeren, zubatlel, etc). You also fail to mention that many nurses run more than 2 blinks and omegablink as well (ataxic and pinecone) which is incredibly strong. You must LOS a nurse and know when to double back or not, and a good nurse has excellent prediction, so sometimes you're just #########. I don't know your skill level, the way you play nurse, or your survivor experience, but saying that burning her with a flashlight is a counter is a big yikes.
You obviously haven't read my posts. I didn't insult you, so why are you so heated? I explained really clearly as to why I do what I do. It isn't for easy games. There are easy games at rank 1. If you are a better survivor than me, that's fine, but it isn't relevant really. What counters a good nurse? LOS and knowing when to double back...iron will and whatnot, but certainly not burning her. Can you do that every time? To ONLY bad nurses, and I'm sure nurse mains here will back me up on that, at least. Anyway, I'm happy for you and your confidence in survivor
Didn't think I’d have to spell this out, but, alright then...
First off, Shasta, stop taking this personally. That’s not what this is about.
Now then, the reason is very simple : It only takes one good Survivor to change the whole outcome of a match. Shasta, you may very well *be* that one good Survivor. Jendenise, you should know by now all it takes is one good Survivor to carry a whole team of potato Survivors. Any Survivor can easily play Gen Jockey. All it takes is one good Survivor to carry a team. One good Survivor not even using the meta mind you, to Loop a Killer, do safe hook saves, ect.
The rest of the team can easily just Gen Jockey, maybe get caught once, do a lucky hook save (or hell, just toss on Borrowed Time for a guaranteed “safe unhook” score event), and escape off the hard work of just ONE Survivor busting his balls. This in place effect “boost” those Survivor’s Rank. They can play “immersion Claudette” all they want. They’ll still pip if they just Gen Jockey while the *real* Survivor does all the hard work. Now imagine that *already* actually good Survivor is packing the DS/SB/BT/SC meta? Catching my point here? ONE Survivor can carry a whole team, hard. Where do you think all these “boosted” Survivors come from?
Question : What do you think happens when there *isn’t* one of those good Survivors on the team. Where the whole team is a bunch of these “boosted” Survivors?
Answer : They get slaughtered by a Killer who actually isn’t really that good at all. Which “boost” him up the ranks. Not because he is good, but because he faced a bunch of boosted crap Survivors who didn’t luck out and get that one good Survivor to carry their asses.
Granted, NOED can also boost a ######### Killer beyond his rank, something I’ve vehemently said is NOED needs deleted. It’s a ######### crutch perk that boost Killers. Same with DS for Survivors, and a host of other Survivor perks need a strong looking at, but nothing major. Just some minor tweaks.
The big problem with the balance of the game is that ONE good Survivor can carry a team. Hard. I have advocated for Killer buffs and Survivor nerfs. However, not without due deliberation. The maps are now balanced imo. Loops are fine now as is. The developers can not do anything more with Pallet Count or Loops without cold cucking Survivors. Minor perks need tweaking on both sides. Mostly the Survivor meta.
This is simply because the Survivor meta is based on one thing : Being near on totally self sufficient in a team oriented game. You’re either the number role, or the power role. With the meta perks, a single Survivor can be self sufficient to the point they don’t even need more than one or two team mates. Never mind 3 others. If all four run the meta? What is even the point of having that many on the numbers side if they’re THAT self sufficient and powerful on their own?
Gen Rush is really the biggest issue plaguing the game. As I said, boosted Survivors can easy make it to high rank just playing Gen Jockey while ONE Survivor does all the hard work. The developers have focused too hard core on giving that ONE Survivor so much of a chance, it’s redundant to have four Survivors in the match.
You want to see better play from both Killers and Survivors who deserve their Rank? Get rid of NOED. Nerf the damn Survivor meta. Stop the Survivors being able to Rush the gens in 4-5 minutes flat. Stop letting Survivors be so stupidly self sufficient they don’t even NEED much teamwork.
Agreed. Though, I don't really have much an issue with noed. I do agree that it rewards killers who play very poorly though. But I also go around breaking totems, even ran small game for a bit until the noise alert annoyed the crap out of me.
I'm starting to think maybe the other guy might play on console? It's a different game over there...and I know nurse is not great on console.
I guarantee you're one of those adorable survivors that points their flashlight at the killer while slowly walking backwards until you get hit.
everyone knew d/cing constantly was not okay months ago, the bans are all well deserved.
Yet you derank and play against lowrank killers with your SWF, even using DS flashlights and all that stuff.
If that isnt easy mode, then I dont know what to say
just go ahead and give me a month ban I could use the break honestly to keep me off here for a while
i like the part where you didnt actually address anything she said
Yet you derank and play against lowrank killers with your SWF, even using DS flashlights and all that stuff.
If that isnt easy mode, then I dont know what to say
I watched her stream.
Deranking and then reking low rank killers while calling them "baby killers" and bullying them with DS/flashlight and then complaining about "noob killers camping" etc. I mean, what should I say about that? I think this fact speaks for itself
I don't think I've seen anyone get a solid 1 month ban, jailed yes where you're posting privileges are reduced and the dreaded perma ban in bright red. But you'd still be able to see stuff posted in either case and besides you'd miss something good if you stepped away.
Well permanent in the sense that the avatar shows permanently banned.
Perhaps. Though I am on console myself. PS4 player. Usually a Nurse Main, though I’ve been relaxing as of late and playing Spirit and Trapper.
I have followed DBD though since beta and watched thousands upon thousands of hours, not to mention once it dropped on console, played thousands of hours. Sitting at 90%+ of the achievements already.
Not all of us console players are woefully ignorant of how things are. Nurse could very well use a nerf on PC, but us on console can’t handle her getting any weaker, just for example. I know full well there are limitations of console, that console players demand unnecessary buffs/nerfs that would absolutely trash PC play, because they are unable to differentiate what’s an actual balance concern, and what’s just a problem because they are playing on inferior hardware with inferior controls.
I will be buying myself a PC here within the comming few months though to gain a better perspective on PC play. Many console players need to realize it’s not the game that is at fault, it’s the hardware limitations as well as a few faults with actual balance.
I would be so bold as to say I have pushed console play to the limit. I know PC is a whole other ball game, but some issues are universal across platforms. It will be interesting to see how I fare with better FPS, better control with M&KB. I’m also interested in how I will fair against Survivors who dwarf my playtime hours.
As a console player party chat is standard even with randoms, so SWF will be very little different than my usual matches of Survivor coordination.
I look forward to the challenge presented to me on PC, both as Killer and Survivor.
Sounds like a very toxic person, if they are ranking up that easy then they should stay there as that is where they belong. not against fresh rank 15's
Killers don't want to rank up either but they just get told to suck it up and "git gud" and "take on the challenge of swf" pfft.........
Damn it's like waking up on christmas morning. (Listen, I have some sad holidays okay).
First seeing the steam forum post about the increased ban punishment times (https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/3276824488725679687/), and now already seeing people crying about being rightfully temp banned (or a friend getting it)? Damn, that's good.
DCing is the worst thing in this game, so hopefully this either gets rid of the biggest offenders, or gets them to clue in and stop. I'm sure being banned during the event will be super fun for them
It's pretty simple...
-Want to derank as survivor? Play horrible meme builds and don't actually try to win that much. Don't intentionally screw your team over, hell even if you only do 1/4 of a single gen, it's more than just leaving them with 5 gens and only 3 survivors.
-Want to derank as killer? Again, meme build. Basement security, Paranoia Freddy, Get off my Lawn Trapper, etc.
Yeah, I've lurked at the Stream and watched her do that exact same thing. That she is in the Fog Whisperers Pilot Program is a joke.
Lets just be honest about one thing: No one deranks because of a better mentality. You derank, cause you cant outplay the killer anymore and you want easier games.
So the killer did learn, but you refuse to learn too and adept a different playstyle.
Its always other survivors fault, they are idiots. But if you are that good, then why cant you outplay the killer 1 vs 1?
There is just never an excuse for deranking. If you got there by playing like an idiot and now the game is to hard, thats your problem. Dont make it the same problem for your fellow teammates, who actually want to enjoy a game.
i have heard so much about you. all negative.
if you disconnect to derank with your swf to play against weaker killers, you are trashy. no worries, ochido also gets viewers, as many people enjoy watching trash. if you are ok with being trashy, do not expect people to be nice to you here, or anywhere.
also, the fog whisperers thing is just as laughable as the devs tourny was.
When's the last time you watched my stream? 2016? lmao. I don't think I've said noob unironically in a long time. If I call someone out for camping, it's merely stating a fact, not insulting them over it. What is the issue with flashlights? Do you not know how to counter them? Also, with DS, I have used it over the last couple weeks, but before that, I hadn't used DS in a very long time. But, I do think being condescending and ######### towards someone outside of the game is pretty crappy tbh. Someone isn't a bad person because they choose to use a certain build and set of addons or play both sides a certain way? Also...again...I don't think you read my first response in this thread. Do you honestly think there is a huge difference in skill with people at rank 1 and people at rank 10? You act like I'm in the rank 13-20 range, which I refuse to be at.
I see you talking about me a lot...kind of weird.
May I ask how many hours you have in the game? I would actually love to watch a competent player play on ps4. Am very curious as to what gameplay is like there these days. Anyway, thanks for being respectful, not many people are.
you do not meet that simple qualification. you are not welcome here any more than ochido is. when you can play without disconnecting to ruin games in your attempt to swf low rank killers, then you can post without being laughed off the forum.
Sorry but you are #########, the only reason you are a fog streamer is cause BHVR looks strictly at numbers and have weak ass leadership within the company that allows someone like you to earn privileges despite not respecting the Company nor Community outside of the middle school fanbase you created.
Must be satisfying to earn a living by being an embodiment of whats wrong with DBD and BHVR.
I really can't agree with this more. A couple months ago, when I was researching the game again before buying it, her stream happened to be one of the first ones I went to because, well, it was top of the list due to viewer count, so I clicked it.
After lurking for an hour, I almost didn't buy the game. That, was what the community was like? Oh christ, no thanks.
But then I stumbled on a few smaller streamers (around 10k followers and 100-200 viewers), and saw something very different. That is what helped make my decision to then purchase the game.
Those are the streamers BHVR needs to support, not streamers like her and a couple she's friends with and also plays with that I've seen be toxic as hell.
??? I've spent a ton of time at rank 1. Started playing at release, and I use to never derank and sat at rank 1 for a very long time every month. I stopped doing that when I kept facing the same couple killers repeatedly over the course of the night, and they would always play billy. I started deranking at the start of this year. There truly isn't a gap in skill from red to green ranks. There are good and bad players at rank 1, and good and bad players at rank 10. I guess that's difficult for people to believe.
What is your stream on? I would like to check it out sometime I like seeing different players and I’m on vacation and unable to play at the moment.
The girl is confessing she derank. Can we get her a ban, please?
You're laughtable.
You, alongside Ochipedo or 72hrs back then have left a toxic mark on this game.
On this forum most active users are know the problems well and try to get BHVR to solve them. Is it a wonder that you are not making friends here?