Banned for Intentionally Deranking (not me but a friend)
So my friend recently got a weeklong ban from the game for "unsportsmanlike behaviour" (first offence). Although he wasn't given any more clarification than that, my guess is that the ban was for the amount of times he's deliberately disconnected from games, and presumably the offence was so severe that they banned him for an entire week straight up instead of the usual 24 hours for first offence. Not contesting that, it sucks but I understand the rules.
The thing is, the reason he intentially disconnects is because he keeps ranking up when he doesn't want to. He would much rather be a lower rank simply because people tend to be nicer at low ranks, when they're either new or don't take the game so seriously. Honestly, I don't blame him. It's one of the reasons I enjoy swf with my lower ranked buddies.
As things stand, intentionally disconnecting or just playing really badly are the only ways to derank (short of just not playing at all and waiting for a new season to do its thing). Both of those methods make the game less enjoyable for other players, which is obviously why the former is bannable. So I understand the reasoning behind the ban, but I'm sure my friend isn't alone in his dilemma.
Is there a way to derank in a safe manner which doesn't impede on other players' enjoyment of the game? I'm not looking for a sneaky workaround, just some way that people like my friend who don't enjoy high-ranked gameplay can play in a more casual setting. As things currently stand, I'm pretty sure that it's not possible (although I'm happy to be corrected).
So what I'm proposing is that there be some solution introduced. Possibly, it's something that's already being worked on, in which case that's fantastic. I personally think that there should be a) new balance changes which make it harder for survivors who are just playing casually to rank up, or b) some way to control one's rank manually, or c) even better, a non-ranked gameplay mode (as you would find in games like, say, LoL) where players can just play casually without the pressure of rank to cause saltiness. Because honestly, the only reason that high-ranked gameplay is so unpleasant is because everyone takes the game and their rank very seriously and so tend to be really salty about losing.
tl;dr: I understand why people get banned for intentionally disconnecting, but I think there should be a way for people to play casually, in an environment like that which you encounter at low ranks, so that they're not forced to dc in order to derank just so that they can play the game in an enjoyable, low-pressure atmosphere.
Comments
I am just explaining what happened to me. I have complained for more than a month.
And because of the kindness of the production team, I spent money to replace the new computer host to play the game.
I am very grateful for this.
When rank 15 killers moan about SWF when I myself play at rank 1 killer and don't dodge swf.
Clearly I'm more experience than you at this game, soon you'll get better if you keep practicing honey.
Don't worry, I do truly believe you'll be good one day, anyone on planet earth can google my name and see that I play killer so I don't really mind you lying about it to make me look bad, it just invalidates what you say because you find it so easy to lie to try and prove a point.
Hey look, it's me playing really poorly as a killer, I figure if you're going to lie I might as well just disprove it by adding proof, don't worry - one day you'll make a valid point that doesn't consist of you lying through your teeth.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/320518169?t=05m58s
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/319718948?t=12m33s
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/319718948?t=26m02s
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/319718948?t=42m52s
The game is easy, and maybe once you get a little more practice in you'll be able to play at a rank one level like myself and so many other people do.
I believe in you Lowbei.
I don't discriminate. If someone does a dumb thing, I'll say they did a dumb thing. If I do a dumb thing, I'll say I did a dumb thing. Half of it is an educational tool: "What this Claudette did was dumb, she should have done X, etc"
These people are beyond me... If you watch any streamer that plays a VS game they'll always comment on if someone does something stupid, it just so happens they're targeting you and Jen, therefore they're going to ignore every other streamer and act as if it's only something you two do, ridiculous.
You've stated several times rank 1 is the place to play and considering you want SWF to be done away with I think it's safe to assume you also think Killer must be the harder game mode, as you're clearly trying to make it easier to stand a chance.
Therefore I can only conclude that because I play at rank one killer, which is obviously the harder game mode, it doesn't matter how I play survivor as I can clearly compete against the things you wish to remove.
It is very unfortunate that you, as a survivor main wish to make a game mode you can't even comprehend, easier so you can benefit and show off your spectacular super rare super duper super rank one badge.
That by the way, means absolutely sweet eff all because survivor and killer are both easy.
How after 2000 hours you can still be so dumb as to equate rank to skill, I just don't know how you messed up that much.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
""Hey Senzu, let me know when you're skillful enough to hit rank 1."
"I never said that rank 1 = skill."
if you can't see what you said there I think you legitimately might have something wrong with your brain.
also, you have to be slightly more skilled to drive a car than a 5yr old has, but that doesnt mean that you are a skilled driver just because you can drive.
stay in school kids!
god bless
Because she, alongside Ochipedo or 72hrs back then, has left a toxic mark on this game.
You reap what you sow.
Here's my question: why is there a leave game button/function if they are banning ppl from using it?, surely they need to remove this as I've legit had ppl tell me that you are free to leave any game you want due to the inclusion of this..it does lead to a lot of confusion.
There's a certain quota to hit, you're not being banned for using it once or twice a day, you're being banned if you're using it dozens of times a day, the normal user who has an issue once in a while wont be banned for using the leave button.
Apolgies for the leave of absence for a bit. Sleep and work.
His growth may be slower, but it’s more consistent and his viewers won’t jump ship as soon as things go south on DBD. If your viewers are abandoning ship just because they have to wait 10 min for your lobby to fill, you shouldn’t be catering to them. You’re putting all your eggs in one basket, and a frail basket at that.
Setting the obvious mortality issues aside, this is me coming from a “life advice” standpoint. I’m just a random dude on the internet mind you, so take it for what you will.
Agressive expansion is nice, but your retention rate will be low. What would happen if you WERE to get banned from DBD? What would happen if DBD were to have serious issues that left you unable to play for an extended period of time? Your viewership will crumble. Your income will crumble. If they are so fickle that even waiting 10 minutes with just your company isn’t good enough, what would happen if you were to stop playing DBD?
I can can tell you and Jendenise are good people, but you’re falling into a bad practice that going to bite you in the ass some day. Unloyal viewers and subs who are there only for the content, and not the creator. You jump ship to another game or get banned, you’re in for a world of hurt.
You, Jen, and I have had previous arguments on here. We don’t agree a whole lot on the subject of DBD balance wise and such, but that’s not my main concern. My concern is simply for other people, both of you included. The Killers and Survivors you both face from intentional de-ranking are having unfair matches against a Killer or against Survivors who are way too much for them to handle. They are not having fun, they are not having a good time.
Jen can’t not afford to appease her fickle crowd nor do whatever suits her taste for what her and her fans consider “fun”. She is setting a bad example with this. That her and what her fans consider “fun” is higher priority than others. If she needs an example, just look to haw badly OchiDO crashed and burned. She’s nowhere near him mind you in terms of a bad person, but it’s a slippery slope and it’s not too far fetched in terms of simply what happens when you stop giving your viewers exactly what they want in terms of gameplay, because they are not there for *you* instead are only there for your gameplay.
You both are very much in the same boat when it comes to your viewers. For the both of you : If your viewers are not there *for you* then *do not* cater to them. Do not cave to demands to play this way, that way, play this game, that game, this Killer that killer, do this to keep me entertained cause you yourself are not good enough for me to bother sticking around. Do not cater to viewers who aren’t there for *you*.
Again, take it for what you will, I’m just some random nobody on the internet. However please at least consider what I’m saying. I’m concerned. For the players you vs, and for the both of you.
Right this thread has gone on way long enough - a couple of points to make