Bloodhound is criminally underrated.

You can see blood cross map with this glowstick juice and it lasting longer is neat. It is especially good on maps like midwich, hawkins since there is a lot of ambient blood with nothing to do with survivors there and on swamp since blood blends so well on it.

Comments

  • Bloodhound and sloppy butcher was my go-to combo when I was starting out. It's still very effective, but once you start picking up on what blood looks like and you find yourself looking out for it, then it frees up a slot that could be better used for Gen regression or Aura information.

  • I still to this day run bloodhound on my wraith and Myers it helps out alot on dark maps and cold wind where the survivor can just dive into a corner or hide between the corn rows

  • It has the same issue as Shadowborn or Stridor. It's a "feel comfy" Perk. If you get to used to it, you can't play without it.

    I used Shadowborn for quite a long time, dropped it since it's an addiction. Same with Stridor, I got addicted to the nicer sounds on every Killer. I still run it on Nurse though, hearing people trough walls and blinking point blank is nice and maybe on Spirit if I get so mad about 30 million Iron Wills every match.

    I can see why people like Bloodhound, and I would like to like it too, but I know on which path it will take me in once I start using it, so no. I will refuse to use it.

  • IMO Bloodhound is actually a solid perk, it does a great job at tracking injured survivors and counters Iron Will.

  • Agreed. Good perk. I just preferred other perks over time as I got more experience.

  • @MrDardon said:

    It has the same issue as Shadowborn or Stridor. It's a "feel comfy" Perk. If you get to used to it, you can't play without it.

    I used Shadowborn for quite a long time, dropped it since it's an addiction. Same with Stridor, I got addicted to the nicer sounds on every Killer. I still run it on Nurse though, hearing people trough walls and blinking point blank is nice and maybe on Spirit if I get so mad about 30 million Iron Wills every match.

    I can see why people like Bloodhound, and I would like to like it too, but I know on which path it will take me in once I start using it, so no. I will refuse to use it.

    Tbh I dont really find it addicting I just find it useful. Like its not a perk I would run all the time but that with sloppy give such juicy info and its great for countering IW. It is actually pretty solid and I never see people talk about it and when they do its not really calling it a good perk.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    Bloodhound and sloppy butcher was my go-to combo when I was starting out. It's still very effective, but once you start picking up on what blood looks like and you find yourself looking out for it, then it frees up a slot that could be better used for Gen regression or Aura information.

    Blood is fairly easy to spot in loops and bright maps but darker maps can be a pain in the ass to try and track blood and also bloodhound literally let me see an injured ash going for a unhook from really far away cause he was leaving a bright red trail behind him. Maybe its just cause I have bad vision but I would have never seen blood from that distance without it glowing.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    Agreed. Good perk. I just preferred other perks over time as I got more experience.

    Yeah I agree that it isnt as useful for me at loops since I can already track blod as it is when someone less experience but honestly the extended duration is pretty clutch sometimes for claudettes crouching behind rocks and it makes it really easy to track blood at a fairly sizeable distance if you just get some highground. I have been kinda struggling with demo since my only tracking with any range was rancor but on sanctum with bloodhound I could see the injured people from really far away by just standing up on the sanctum. It is definetly less useful to better players in loops but I feel it offers better benefits and too often its just not spoken about or written off as a perk for new killers.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2185697#Comment_2185697

    Blood is fairly easy to spot in loops and bright maps but darker maps can be a pain in the ass to try and track blood and also bloodhound literally let me see an injured ash going for a unhook from really far away cause he was leaving a bright red trail behind him. Maybe its just cause I have bad vision but I would have never seen blood from that distance without it glowing.

    And that's fair, but it's still very much a crutch perk. I'm certainly not implying that crutch perks are bad, but if you can learn to live without them, it can make a world of difference. For example I love spine chill, but once I learned to not rely on it, it freed up much better perks.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    You can see blood cross map with this glowstick juice and it lasting longer is neat. It is especially good on maps like midwich, hawkins since there is a lot of ambient blood with nothing to do with survivors there and on swamp since blood blends so well on it.

    Awesome thread; thank you for starting the discussion of the Perk. I'd love to see a lot more of these kinds of things. Truth be told, I don't think I've ever used Bloodhound, not even once, in all the hours I've played. Clearly I've been missing out. I'm going to slot it in today to see what kind of results I get.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/249633/bloodhound-is-criminally-underrated

    Awesome thread; thank you for starting the discussion of the Perk. I'd love to see a lot more of these kinds of things. Truth be told, I don't think I've ever used Bloodhound, not even once, in all the hours I've played. Clearly I've been missing out. I'm going to slot it in today to see what kind of results I get.

    Use it with something like sloppy or and addon to give hemmorage/mangle for best results :)

  • @DecisiveDwight said:

    I still to this day run bloodhound on my wraith and Myers it helps out alot on dark maps and cold wind where the survivor can just dive into a corner or hide between the corn rows

    For people like you they say myers is bad killer. Instead of using corrupt/infectious, you proceed to use useless bloodhound. Indeed the killer is bad, you use bad perks.


    Bloodhound is useful when you are playing your first hours, but nothing else.

  • Bloodhound's nice to have - I just ran it to get The Original Ojomo in Tome IV, and on Sanctum of Wrath, it led me once or twice towards survivors I might have missed. But 'makes something you can already see easier to see' just isn't worth a perk slot when there's so many perks out there that have a tangible impact on your match, effects that you could not get otherwise. I stopped running Spine Chill for this reason; it made me reliant on something I didn't actually need.

    Survivor blood can be pretty hard to distinguish from random map stains, especially on dark and grimy maps, but I'd rather get faster M1 cooldown or frozen gens at the start of the match or one minute of Exposed than I would a highlight on something that, depending on the map, I might be able to see perfectly easily anyway.

    I've always thought Hawkins was one of the easiest maps to see blood on. Midwich and very dark outdoor maps with lots of grass are where I struggle with bloodstains sometimes.

  • I don't run it much but I like it when I have I liked it. My thing is running overkill builds though so it was like sloppy + bloodhound and either wraith with the brighter blood addon or spirit with father's glasses

    Current intrigue is nurse with stridor and the horse addon which has the extra stridor effect, can hear them breathing half the map away

  • @xEzekanarioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2185745#Comment_2185745

    For people like you they say myers is bad killer. Instead of using corrupt/infectious, you proceed to use useless bloodhound. Indeed the killer is bad, you use bad perks.

    Bloodhound is useful when you are playing your first hours, but nothing else.

    Myers is bad regardless of the perks you use. He has 0 antiloop and a ######### early game.