Autodidact rework

  • When healing a survivor that has been hooked once, you heal them at an increased healing speed of 25%. Hitting a great skillcheck will grant you 5% extra bonus progression on the heal.
  • When healing a survivor that has been hooked twice, you heal them at an increased healing speed of 50%. Hitting a great skilcheck will grant you a 5% bonus progresson on the heal.

Thoughts?

Comments

  • No I love current Autodidact. It’s fun to use and is very underrated. It can maybe use some buffs but not a full on rework.

  • Nah Autodidact mechanic is fine as it is, the only thing it needs is a guaranteed token for finishing healing a teammate.

  • I would love an Autodidact buff instead of a rework because its current iteration is fun, yet also terrible. I want to love it like the above user, because I love the idea of a perk escalating in usefulness throughout the match and I like being altruistic.

    Sadly it has some major flaws, such as:

    • You can no longer get "Great" skill-checks while healing, meaning no +100 altruism bonus points over a regular skill-check
    • You cannot get the +5% bonus healing progression when hitting a "Great" skill-check, because they no longer exist
    • If you hit "Great" skill-checks reliably and get that bonus progression, Autodidact doesn't break even in terms of healing progress until the SIXTH skill-check

    ---

    Honestly, just buff it so it has a "Great" skill-check zone within its enormous "Good" zone. It can be as small as a regular "Great" skill-check, but reward you with a +10% progress when hit until fully stacked - in which case it reverts back to the 5% bonus progression that would be present without it.

    I just hate how it currently removes all the fun and benefits of hitting "Great" skill-checks, and as a result it becomes so inefficient from a points and time-saved stand-point.

    ---

    EDIT: I did not read the first post. I love your idea about the skill-checks, it's literally what I've been thinking about recently. That said, I want to keep the current overall system of autodidact.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    Nah Autodidact mechanic is fine as it is, the only thing it needs is a guaranteed token for finishing healing a teammate.

    Or when the damn Skill check pops up as you're finishing healing. Had that happen twice, and ofc those were the only two skill checks I got that trial. :)

  • @GannTM said:

    No I love current Autodidact. It’s fun to use and is very underrated. It can maybe use some buffs but not a full on rework.

    It is based around RNG though, and most of the time it sucks since RNG in this game is pretty bad. If you buff it, then it would be incredibly powerful since survivors could just spend little time healing and more time on gens.

  • Autodidact is fine as it is, but it should definitely increase skill checks more often than it does though.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    Autodidact is fine as it is, but it should definitely increase skill checks more often than it does though.

    That would make it op.

  • I'm not looking for it to be op, but the skill checks definitely need to be increased. In it's current state you can easily heal more than one survivor and never get a skill check.


  • @HectorBrando said:

    Nah Autodidact mechanic is fine as it is, the only thing it needs is a guaranteed token for finishing healing a teammate.

    To me, this would be the perfect buff. I don't want Autodidact's mechanics to change - the - but RNG can really screw you over. Sometimes the skill checks just never happen. Sometimes you're trying to pick someone up, they're at 90%, and the killer is running up to you, and the game decides now is the perfect time to give you your first skill check. So I'm not game for Autodidact becoming a flat buff, no risk involved - but if it gave you a token for completing a heal on someone, if no other tokens were gained during that heal, I'd be happy.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2185693#Comment_2185693

    I'm not looking for it to be op, but the skill checks definitely need to be increased. In it's current state you can easily heal more than one survivor and never get a skill check.

    The chance to hit a skill-check at the moment is 15%/second. The chance to hit a skill-check while solo healing someone is 93%, and 73% if healing with someone else.

    If you're not getting a skill-check with multiple people, that's some unlucky business - rip.

  • I prefer the current Autodicpic tbh

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2185693#Comment_2185693

    I'm not looking for it to be op, but the skill checks definitely need to be increased. In it's current state you can easily heal more than one survivor and never get a skill check.

    That would probably still make it too strong. With an increased skill check chance to a perk that has the ability to almost instantly heal survivors would be way too powerful.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2185704#Comment_2185704

    That would probably still make it too strong. With an increased skill check chance to a perk that has the ability to almost instantly heal survivors would be way too powerful.

    The increased skillcheck chance doesn't have to be 100% though. They could play with the idea of having an increased chance of getting skillchecks and tone it down whenever necessary.

  • Autodidact is fine, there just needs to be an increased chance of skill checks when healing though

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2185533#Comment_2185533

    It is based around RNG though, and most of the time it sucks since RNG in this game is pretty bad. If you buff it, then it would be incredibly powerful since survivors could just spend little time healing and more time on gens.

    I would make it where skill checks have a higher chance of spawning because sometimes they don’t spawn and that gets annoying.