Is it appropriate to tunnel survivors who have keys
I've been finding a lot of key users lately, and Franklin's has been my go-to, but I hate that perk and want some alternatives, and figured that shortcuts from their side can be met with shortcuts from this side. So is it still considered "toxic" to tunnel a survivor who brings a key? Especially now that I don't have to worry about DS, it kind of seems like tunneling is the proportionate response to key escapes.
Comments
absolutely, they want to try and end the game sooner, then you might as well return in kind
Yea. Go nuts dude. Just beware that someone can just pick up the key again unless you use Franklin's.
It's a tactical response to a perceived threat. If I ever have a key, I fully expect to be the focus point of a killer; likewise if I'm killer and see a survivor wielding one.
Forget any notion of toxicity. The way that word's thrown around baselessly these days it's all but meaningless at this point. Basically, so long as you're not being abusive in after game chat, not hacking, or taking sides with one survivor in order to find and end the other 3, then go for it!
IMO, the only way tunneling is ever toxic is if you are purposefully targeting the same person through multiple games because you don't like them or something. (Unless they always bring a key. Then have at it!)
Yes.
Its not toxic but it is a terrible idea, tunneling someone out of the game when a key exists only makes it easier for them to escape. By the time you get a kill enough gens should have popped to spawn hatch unless they aren't playing smart. Then you have to guard the dropped key or focus on the last gen, lose lose unless they throw.
Personally, I've had better success against keys when everyone is 2 hooked/on hook and you can snowball the deaths before they can find hatch.
You're certainly free to do it but I find it isn't all that useful
You're going to do one of two things; eliminate the person with the key but that will make the Hatch spawn faster (so if they were playing with a team or if the solo just pays attention to where that person died, the key is still in play except now you might have made the Hatch spawn) or you're going to focus all your energy on tunneling one person while everyone else hammers the gens and walks away
For myself, I actually play to keep all the survivors alive as long as I can as I don't want the Hatch to spawn until either the end game or as late as possible in the match when everyone is ready to be hung up for their Death Hook.
I am anti tunnel, however, If you bring a key you are asking for a certain response. My mantra has become "play how you would like to verse." As such, I do not tunnel, but that means, I also do not bring in keys.
So, just play the game how you like and do what makes you happy. If you feel a certain way from certain tactics, well, adjust as needed.
yes it's totally okay to tunnel someone with a key. I did this to someone who key switched last second so I couldn't adjust my build.
I like to bring green keys with no addons just to troll killers, it would be a shame if you guys didn't tunnel me :(
Problem with Keys is the more you tunnel the stronger they get, what I mean is if you tunnel 1 person out and they are at 1 gen left the Key can be used, if there are 3 Survivors left and 2 gens left, you tunnel 1 then the Key can be used etc.
If you get to 1 gen left with everyone hurt and everyone except 1 or 2 on death hook is when you can stop them from using by mass slugging them.
As someone who is strongly against uneccessery tunelling I say it is appropriate why? Because keys in current state are broken and killers really has no much option there however key can be picked up by nearest survivor so I don't see how much tunelling is effective there
I bring green keys so I can use wedding band and have a mini-bond. Also there are some other addons that I like using with a key.
I just don't think keys for hatches justifies tunneling just because I so rarely see hatch escapes with keys. But then again, I get tunneled so much now without keys, after the DS nerf, that it's not even funny. I think the Devs are going to need to address tunneling since it's become such a massive problem.
Tunneling a key user is dumb. If they don't finish the gens by the time that person is dead then chances are the key wouldn't of made a difference to begin with. The best strategy is to hook or down people simultaneously.
It's not an entitlement thing, it's a logic thing. If Killers did enough to stop the gens from being completed, and 1 or 2 people get a free escape, imagine the reverse:
You did all 5 gens, but the Killer brought an item that teleports 2 Survivors to hooks if they leave through the exit gates.
Survivors would scream up a storm over that. But keys are okay to them.
Hell, they scream over NoED 'being a crutch perk for bad Killers' (and they can turn it off), but keys are fine to them.
Yet Killers upset that a full win turns into a 2 win is being 'entitled', and they 'should be happy' with 2 kills. 🙄
I still remember being tunneled in 2-3 games in a row with a green key trying to do the old rift challenge. I finally just said the hell with it and read the aura's of teammates right when the match started draining the key then dropped it instantly. I wonder if any of them felt like d***bags in endgame when they seen it was green. Prolly not.
Survivors started just dropping items on the ground at the beginning of the match, which is why I stopped using Franklins.
The easy solution is playing stridor spirit
I rarely care about letting other survivors escape, especially if it's solo queue, for me it's more about having the key user have the worst experience possible, kind of like Pavlov's dogs (which is thematically fitting because I'm starting to play Doctor more).
So what I'm hearing is slug everybody, I guess that works too.
Why tunnel when you could just slap on a mori they want to end the game sooner I say fine but I won't just let you gen rush me into oblivion and escape using hatch
If I see a key in the lobby. I bring Franklin's no matter what, and watch that key until it disappears from the spot it landed.
I suppose you can do that too if you wish
I'd rather just let the one or two or three people escape rather than waste my time desperately trying to keep the key out of play but ultimately it is your call how you want to handle the key being in play.
I've always been of the belief that keys are the Survivor's mori. They are awful.
Anything that ends the game prematurely or greatly caps the gameplay seems like a sure way to hinder the fun of everyone else playing.
As a Survivor main I say target those keys. 🤣 ... The only time I've brought a key is to complete a Rift challenge and I'm always stressed knowing that I'm inviting abuse upon myself doing it.
Not only is it appropriate, it's your civic duty to do so.
That explains the FBI helicopters outside my apartment
Anything within the rules is appropriate if you deem it necessary. You don't need permission or qualifiers to Tunnel (or Camp or Slug or whatever). Valid tactics are simply a matter of choice, and Killers should adopt whatever a specific match requires based on the situation. If you want to Tunnel anyone who has a key, have at it. If you want to Tunnel just because you don't like Megs, have at it. The only things you have to do to be a good sport in Dead by Daylight are:
Everything else is on the table. You do you and stop worrying about what the rest of us think you should do. Besides, you will get a hundred different answers to any question you pose here. Your answer is the only one that matters.