As expected, flight speed add-ons completely break Huntress
I called it, too. The flight speed add-ons are interesting, but I was scared of their power level from the very first time I saw them in the patch notes. I used them and did much better with Huntress than I normally do. The survivors didn't stand a chance. This add-on, when combined with windup add-ons is gonna be insane, because Huntress' entire weakness, besides that she's 110%, is that she has to windup her hatchets early at certain windows and pallets if she wants a confirmed hit. With these add-ons, she doesn't have that weakness. She can pretty much react and throw a hatchet and it hit the survivor very quickly without her having to preemptively ready her throw.
This is just my opinion, and I am speaking mostly from the killer point of view as well, so don't take this as absolute fact. I just hope that if these new add-ons are okay, they're left alone and if they end up being op, they get nerfed.
Comments
A nerf to them would be alright. Maybe just 20% to 15% and 10% to 5%. It would still push the limits on messing with her hatchet flight speed while keeping it from being astronomically busted.
Away with your Megness! Killers dont need more nerfs, what do u want? 40 minutes queues!?
What I don't understand is that they gutted every other killers' add-ons, but for Huntress they nerfed iri head (inevitable), then even let her keep one exhaustion while they deleted those from anyone else, and they didn't touch charge time while the others even don't have any anymore or they added a big downside like fine tuned carburetor. And they added some good stuff like flight speed.
I know there are a lot of Huntress mains among the Devs, but at least leave us a piece of the cake for those who main other killers. Talk about double standards.
I do love the concept of the add-on, it could use a nerf tho.
well, spirit
lmao
I've been using both addons and different combos and it is pushing/well past the "this is pretty broken". If you can't bother to explain why huntress with hitscan is not pushing the limits/broken then don't bother quoting me with this nonsensical empty brain response. Cheers.
Just wait 4 more years for another addon pass
Fairly confident @IlliterateGenocide was being sarcastic.
Have to agree on that one. I tried them out in a custom game on the PTB and they were nutty.
I also think that they lower the skill needed for Huntress. It is easier to get Hits close-range, due to the faster travel speed, which leads to less reaction time on the Survivor Side. However, if you go for long range Hatchets, because you are good at Huntress, you cannot really use this Add On, because it messes with your muscle memory.
What on earth are you talking about? Huntress' most broken add-on was just nerfed and you're already gunning for one of her actually balanced choices?
There is zero reason to nerf her hatchet speed add-ons. You still need to aim and adjust for survivor movement. Combining it with her windup add-on only decreases the time to chuck a hatchet by 10%. That 20% extra travel speed is nice, especially for sniping, but it's just ######### absurd to think that it's even remotely OP.
All it will do is make newer huntresses rely on it. Experienced huntresses will never use it and newer huntress will get addicted to it