When do you give the hatch?
While this mechanic is still bs, sometimes you just have sympathy for a survivor whose team screwed them because of dcs. I have my requirements to give a hatch which are rare for me to do. 1. 2 gens done or 1 done and I have knowledge of one almost done. 2. At least one dc and if two dc then hatch no matter what (except if you are toxic of course). If 1 dc then if you don't struggle on my shoulder I will find the hatch for you. If you do then you are still fighting and want this game to continue which I really don't so on the hook you go. If you request to not farm and just go to another game I grant it.
What are your given hatch requirements as killer and have you ever been given a hatch?
What are your given hatch requirements as killer and have you ever been given a hatch?
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
-Full Pizza Dwight outfit? You get the hatch.
-Someone DCed early? Eh maybe, depends if the last alive still tried/played well and weren't jerks during the match.
-3 Dead and you find me and give me your item (drop it), yeah you can get it.
The last 2 may or may not happen. Only guaranteed way to be given it/always live is if you're a Pizza Dwight.
Praise.
I don't have a set standard for showing mercy.
Sometimes i feel like it, sometimes just not.
That said, i do have my own rules for the hatch itself...
Once i find them, whether it be at the hatch or at the complete opposite side of the map, i just slap them.
If they escape, oh ######### well.
If they don't, oh ######### yay.
It's always more of a spur of the moment decision for me, though the odds increase if I've had a fun chase. You spend a minute looping around the same pallet, you spend your time on the hook. It's more fun to find a Survivor on the other end of the map, down them, and than get to message them saying "Want hatch?" Than cradling them like precious cargo all the way to the hatch so they can leave.
Only if survivors showed sportsmanship and didnt use busted perks.
happens quite rarely tbh
But sometimes when i cant find the last person on the floor in the first few moments, I give up and let them have their race to hatch
under these conditions:
-the survivor was funny and trolled around a bit. i usually let these guys live
-a survivor DCed at the beginning of the game and someone else got the 4%. this person will be allowed to escape.
-2 survivors or more DCed. i literally just farm in these situations c:
Whenever I feel like it. Could be because:
TBH Unless someone has pissed me off, I'm usually looking to let someone escape and have a bit of fun. You have to convince me NOT to let you go. However, it doesn't happen that often because survivors are almost always horrible blighters.
But I have no problem being merciless to the jerks.
No mither gets extra consideration from me. But i pretty much always give the hatch away. I may have taken 20 4ks in my time. I figure if i had a good game, i should let one other person have a good game also. I secure a pip and then i chill. Several times, i've given out the hatch and still managed a 2 pip game. But i'm quite satisfied with 3 kills.
Pretty much anytime there is a stand off I'll give it to them. There's not enough benefit in it for me to waste my time at the hatch.
If I am about to 4K and pass by the hatch, I'll give it to them unless they have DS or are being toxic somehow. The exception is if they are running a ballsy perk (like Diversion or something for example) or earn my respect in the game somehow. I'll actually carry them to the hatch. I'm a friendly boi what can I say.
I give the hatch after blocking the survivor steam profile so i can be sure that even if they change their name, they will get face camped and 100% TUNNELED on our next encounter. Other survivors can leave, the blocked one must DIE AT ANY COST!
By tunneled i mean: Loads the map, looks for the target and ignores EVERYONE else, stack bloodlust and FACECAMP to death.
No mercy until I get the associated Adept Killer achievement (of which I only have on Trapper), unless it's a stand off, then they can just have it. After I get each achievement, I will be far more merciful. When I last played, I played against a Nurse that got their Adept Killer achievement even with 2 DCs.
Survivors missed that chance long ago.
I used to let them farm and escape. They only mocked me and reported me.
So no, I'll not show them mercy, because they also wouldn't offer their lives, if all are about to escape.
Simple answer: NEVER!
I did stuff like that back in the days, but survivor get bitchy and insult me even IF I gave em the hatch, so screw it.
Experience taught me, 96% of all survivor are toxic scumbags, don't give them anything.
Hahaha... never.
Don't think for a second they'd give you an ounce of mercy whatsoever. Preferably hook 'em somewhere that you have to walk right by the hatch so they can hear it as they die on the hook.
-DC's MAY earn a hatch. It really depends on my mood and how fun the match was.
-Somebody gets farmed? They get the hatch while I slaughter the farmer.
-I see someone I'm cool with from these forums? Hatch.
-SOMEtimes I will give hatch if I've absolutely destroyed the team.
Why do that to yourself? Camp hatches? Mexican standoffs? Why?
Essentially never. I’ve given it like twice in all the time I’ve played. Sometimes I’ll pretend to give it and then grab or mori them when they try and jump in, lol.
Whenever you want. Its always at your discretion. Unless they have keys
B/c keys exist. why not.
I rarely do it and doesn't really have any specific situations, but generally it is either if someone have been really exceptional on a half-bad team or if someone have been really, really unlucky and yet somehow managed to be the last one alive.
Never, unless the planets align and I feel kind enough.
Being totally honest, a lot of the times it depends on whether or not I know where the hatch is. I don't bother with hatch stand offs as I just don't have the time to waste, I care about the BP more than the extra pip or kill.
If someone has played particularly well in the match and I can see that they've done more or if I feel they've been hard done by in some way in the match, then I will often take them to the hatch.
I don't really have any requirements yet on who I give the hatch too. I normally just feel like it when I decide to. Most of the time they get down without realizing what I'm doing and I just leave them alone to get a door. I'm pretty chill when I play killer, but like someone said above even playing 'nice' and letting them get the hatch I've been dumped on by salty survivors in the end chat. It doesn't discourage me because some people are just out to be that way.
There are ones I would never willingly give a hatch to. Those who are overly toxic towards their teammates or chase me down to flashlight stun me when no one is around are not getting the hatch or anything except a hook if I can help it.
I give them the Hatch when they don't act like complete ######### during the trial.
I can't be bothered with a Hatch standoff, i also understanded a long time ago that it didn't worth it, and that the mechanic itself is, indeed, flawed form the get go.
See ?
Simple requirement.
It's not about just not caring about the stand off. I don't do stand off either, but it is about GIVING the hatch, like not even trying to kill them and just let them go.
I only show mercy if there are 4/5 gens left and the last person accepts they will die no matter what and comes towards me waiting to be killed then I'll let them get the hatch.
If they are funny, I give them the hatch.
There was this one time I kept encountering the same Bill and killing him, so at the fourth game, I gave him the hatch. (And put some party streamers on)
If everyone dc'ed except for one person, I let them do the gens needed and give them hatch.
Generally, if I don't want to rank up, and the survivor wasn't a dickhead, I give them hatch.
Never. I will show you no mercy.
If you don't struggle, if you don't tea-bag, if you played smart or I felt you were screwed by your teammate and most importantly, if I know where it is. None of the above really matters if I don't know where the hatch is, I'm lazy and cbf.
Today was the first time in a long long time, that I gave the hatch.
The rest of the team played more event than objective and I had an ebony mori equipped, since I thought I will get rekt doing my Freddy daily on rank 1, but I didn't (most likely due to the event).
So I carried the last victim to the hatch after I caught the 2nd last one, that was taunting me before.
if it comes to a standoff i always give the hatch, the longer i wait the more boring it will get, giving teh hatch is just easier, i find a new game quickly and don't have to waste my time
Giving hatch is something else than just not going for a stand off.
Giving hatch is like let them crawl to it instead of picking them up. Stuff like that.
95% : I want to play the game and not do a hatch standoff
5%: The survivor seemed nice and deserved it or the other one just hid and didn't try to do a gen.