I think we forgot about something...
Sole Survivor now directly counters the new Object of Obsession...
Have fun getting adept Laurie if you don't yet have it...
Sole Survivor now directly counters the new Object of Obsession...
Have fun getting adept Laurie if you don't yet have it...
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Like you need perks to escape...
Survivor adepts were never hard imo.
Sole Survivor needs a rework, it is a bad Perk that rewards you for letting your team die.
i don't need perks to get survivor adepts. i just need to throw my teammates under the bus, or i need a key.
Congratulations on missing the entire point of the post.
No the point was that two survivor perks counter each other and that is bad bc you need to use both for laurie adept. But bc survivor adept is easy its not really an issue and that means its not that bad when both perks shouldnt be played together.
The point was that the adept was the reason this was found out and that it's a problem. So... again... congrats on missing the entire point of the post.
Sole survivor is the most worthless perk in the game, along with buckle up. At least no mither is a good meme. They could at least have it come into play when your team gets hooked, not killed. At least then it would have some value.
Sole Survivor needs a complete overhaul. Before DS got nerfed all of Laurie’s perks needed a rework. We just got great changes to DS and OoO so hopefully Sole Survivor is next.
Good point.
I believe Sole Survivor is not a completely terrible perk. It does what it says it does, but the way you gain tokens IS terrible. I think it should be tied to completed gens instead of your team dying, so running SS and OOO while your team is repairing gens quick combos well.
Diminishing the killer's ability to aura read you as your teammates die is only really useful when the killer is running an aura-reading addon. The game falls apart when your teammates start dying off and the focus shifts from powering the generators to finding and opening the hatch - one survivor dead and the other three will continue their objectives, but two survivors dead and it turns into a hiding game. Killer perks that center around locating survivors' auras - many of their trigger conditions stop happening as survivors cease interacting with objectives and each other.
One dead teammate makes you mostly immune to Nurse's Calling and I'm All Ears mid-chase, which is pretty strong. (Though Sole Survivor won't help if there's two survivors and they're healing each other.) Bitter Murmur, Rancor, and BBQ & Chili are turning obsolete as Sole Survivor's tokens ramp up, and there's only a tangible difference in BBQ's read distance at 3 stacks - which will fire once and exactly once before BBQ can't be used anymore. Plus BBQ is hella easy to avoid anyway. I guess it could save you from Hex: Retribution if one of your teammates cleansed it (if you cleansed it yourself, you just told the killer where you are, so either he's far enough away to see you or close enough to come after you), but the more dead teammates, the less likely any of you are focusing on cleansing hexes.
Sole Survivor's at its most powerful when it's disabling short-range wallhacks addons, like All-Seeing: Blood, Cigar Box, Black Incense, and Amanda's Letter. Which is fantastic when it happens, but it's something only a few killers have access to, so the odds of encountering a certain addon on a certain killer any given game is pretty low. Add in that your teammates have to die before you get anything out of it, so it's not active for most of the match and only fires up when you're losing the game, and yeah, I think conceptually this perk needs a rework.
Uhh no...
Running SS and OOO just cancels each other out as of today's patch.
it's not our fault that your post says "these two perks are incompatible, so good luck getting the adept". maybe you should have made it say something else if the adept wasn't the point
For the people missing the point of the original post:
Theres people who like experiencing a survivor with only their 3 unique perks. Not only to get the trophy. Wild, I know!
I mean, sole survivor is a huge nod to being the final girl in a horror movie. Tying it to gens removes the only cool thing about it.
Not that it doesn't need a rework. But it should be a last alive kind of perk
Who actually does this though?
I can sort of understand if you recently purchased a character, prestige them, or those 3 perks are the only good ones you have for that character. But I just don't see the point after that when you unlock more perks to pick for your loadout.
People who want to at least TRY and have fun with this game
I dunno, Laurie and David kept getting me hardcore tunneled whenever I tried. Not Laurie any more, though.
how do you know what OP was talking about?
Because I agreed with him
Not hard, but grindy AF. You need the killer to never find you.
Does it tho? I'm fairly certain it still shows you the killer aura but the killer cant see your aura. I havent tested it yet tho.
SS doesn't show you any auras. It just prevents the killer from seeing yours.
But the new Object only shows you the killer when the killer can see you.
So when SS prevents the killer from seeing you, it also prevents you from seeing them.
Again, have you tested it out? Because so far, the order of operations have seemed to be:
-Killer activates an aura reading perk that is supposed to reveal your aura->activates OoO
-SS blocks the killer from seeing your aura.
I havent tested it out myself, but I am fairly certain this is the intended order of operations. I'll test it with perks like Distortion if no one else does.
Yes. I didn't have Adept Laurie on PC yet, so I figured now that the rework is here, it's as good a time as any. It was awful.
When I was the last survivor alive, Object would just not do anything. The 30s would count down and I'd never see the killer and they'd never see me.
Letting your "team" die is a valid strategy, its good to have perks designed for that purpose such as Sole Survivor and Left Behind.
Not if you're the Obsession.
Doing all adepts is grindy, but why do you need the killer to never find you?
Because most people do adepts as a solo survivor, and due to a lack of perks like Kindred etc, you can almost guarantee to either being farmed off the hook or being left on the hook untill second stage. Let alone that facecampers exist and that certain survivors dont really have decent perks to aid them as a solo player.
So for consistent adepting, you never want to be found.
Odd, I thought they would be at least smart enough to put a priority on OoO and have SS supplement it.
I mean, I guess it makes a bit sense, because SS already (nearly) fully counters close counter aura readings like Nurses Calling, All Seeing Blood, Amanda's Letter, T2 Myers, T1 Myers, Deerstalker, I'm All Ears, Hellshire Iron and Cigar Box with only 1 player dead. Making it quite powerful, the same perks that also make OoO a lot more powerful now.
But on the other hand, 1 person is already dead and generator progression has been cut from "1 generator constantly being worked on" to "if I can loop the killer for longer than 30 seconds, maybe my teammates will be able to finish a generator".
So I understand why it doesnt stack. As OoO would be the perk that saves you against those perks as long as all survivors are alive and SS is the back up against those perks as soon as people start dying. But on the other hand, with Lucky Break being nerfed, I dont see why OoO and SS being stacked would be too powerful.
I know SS doesnt show aura's I meant the OoO/SS combo. My confusion was more that I thought OoO would be triggered first, but it seems like SS has priority over OoO.
You only need to escape. There will be matches where you will lose without being able to do something, but roughly 3 matches per adept is not that bad.
Yeah, except that I've done my adept challenges for most survivors together with last year's anniversary since you needed to escape to get the crown. It can happen first try, but my longest Adept was Ace at the time(since his perks dont really help you as a survivor, they are supportive of other mechanics) even though he is the most quiet. Took me nearly 12 games to get both the adept and the crown. David was surprisingly easy, happened to have a killer who respected the use of No Mither and gave me the hatch, still took 4 games though as the other 3 decided I was the best target to catch since I am constantly broken.
As for killer adepts, I am actually tempted to just derank to rank 9 and adept all of them at the same time.
who necro-ed this.